Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

hey scottie.....

I always thought Steve Grant was a slimy wakner from the couple of games we played against them, just something about him, I think it was having the kind of face you just want to punch. It was him and one of the others, cannot think of his name (I think his scum username began with R) but he was another complete toss pot as well. I would imagine Mr grant will not be visiting this neck if the woods for a while, if he knows what is good for him.

we are watching you....lol

not a nice thing to say by your lot..

on another note...are we approaching D-Day (again)...what happens this time..yet another deadline..?

Oooh, I know one of the attendees from when I lived in the area... always up for a bit of innaccurate banter even when they were in the Third and Second division. Fortunately lost contact in recent years as I can imagine they'd have been insufferable... Perhaps I should get in contact again..:-)

PompeyScot, Today at 3:50 PM.

Update from Mick Williams, Pompey Supporters Trust

Mick gave an update to Conference on the position of the PST bid for the club. It is recognised that only so many details, for reason of confidentiality and sensitivity of the situation, can be made public at this time.

The Trust have revised their bid for the club, and have matched Portpin's figure of £8.4 million for player compromises.

The Trust are working with Stuart Robinson as regards his potential purchase of Fratton Park and the surrounding land, although he isn't the only option and the Trust are also talking to others.

The option is still there for the Trust to buy the ground outright themselves, but more pledges are required and the Trust urges fans to pledge as much as they can, with pledges coming into the Trust all the time.

The Trust have matched Portpin's £8.4M for player compromises???

Where the feck have they found £6M from??

This thread sometimes has some interesting stuff on it, and I know some decent skates who have read it and even learned from it, but moaning about Pompey OnLine, and squinnying to The Football League really makes Saints fans look small time.

Who's moaning about them? We allow tame Skates on here. It's them that are made to look small time with their attempts at cleansing their forum of us, largely on the basis that they just can't take the fact that we are once more the top team on the South Coast and they don't wish to acknowledge the truth.

Small time it might seem, but you have to weigh up the sheer enjoyment that we derive by poking sticks metaphorically at the village idiots.

I'm sure that they would find comfort in the thought that most of us are spotty teenagers whose only conscious recollections are of the Skates superiority over us, but I have witnessed several Saints wins over them in my time, so that during my lifetime, they were at their very peak when I was born. Since then, apart from their very recent sojourn in the Premier League, for most of the rest of my life Saints have been the dominant force. Sorry to disappoint the Skate.

No, I'm not really.

This one is quite funny...

Their forum appears to be the same few people going over the same ground over and over again. Desperately trying to appear clever.

In truth they come over as a bunch of first year students the kind that think they've got 20 years experience in whatever field they're studying when they've actually only been to 3 months worth of lectures. Still we know what they say about a little knowledge!

I didn't like Grant either another condesending knob but then why expect anything else. I love the fact that the one thing they want they can't have. A win v Pompey. I know they have all the bitterness about the league titles and the cup wins, but most on that forum were in junior school the last time they beat us, and I think its funny as!

Well we can't have a win against Pompey numbskull as we are not in the same division and won't be for a long time yet!.

Portsea Island myths - the gift that keeps giving.

This Scummer remembers 40years when we were better than them

Who's moaning about them? We allow tame Skates on here. It's them that are made to look small time with their attempts at cleansing their forum of us, largely on the basis that they just can't take the fact that we are once more the top team on the South Coast and they don't wish to acknowledge the truth.

Small time it might seem, but you have to weigh up the sheer enjoyment that we derive by poking sticks metaphorically at the village idiots.

I'm sure that they would find comfort in the thought that most of us are spotty teenagers whose only conscious recollections are of the Skates superiority over us, but I have witnessed several Saints wins over them in my time, so that during my lifetime, they were at their very peak when I was born. Since then, apart from their very recent sojourn in the Premier League, for most of the rest of my life Saints have been the dominant force. Sorry to disappoint the Skate.

No, I'm not really.

Un not only that one day we might have the bigiter stick back! And there will be a Lora Lora poking n smurky grinning:p

If indeed they have dug up money for all player compromises, it's a big step nearer a realistic trust takeover. There are still major hurdles, but they've gone from 'absolutely impossible' to 'rather problematic' in the takeover scale...

If indeed they have dug up money for all player compromises, it's a big step nearer a realistic trust takeover. There are still major hurdles, but they've gone from 'absolutely impossible' to 'rather problematic' in the takeover scale...

So what are the hurdles now? Assuming the player deferrals are covered.

There's the charge on the ground. Chainrai won't let that go for the amount being offered, that's fairly certain. What else?

So what are the hurdles now? Assuming the player deferrals are covered.

There's the charge on the ground. Chainrai won't let that go for the amount being offered, that's fairly certain. What else?

Yeah, we've kept our eyes off the ball with the whole POL debacle. I think Kanu is lingering in the shadows somewhere and as you say, Chinny is a big hurdle. But I've lost track of the other issues that were ignored in the trust's bid...

You don't just 'dig up' £6M overnight - christ if they had, that snivelling git Neil Allen would have been ramming it down everyone's throat by now.

My guess that it's a vague promise to pay over 4 or so years with the trust just hoping and praying 'something turns up'.

I know a lot of you on here think the FL are toothless when it comes to out fishy friends, but I would suspect the FL told them in no uncertain terms that without the promise there would be no Golden Share.

You don't just 'dig up' £6M overnight - christ if they had, that snivelling git Neil Allen would have been ramming it down everyone's throat by now.

My guess that it's a vague promise to pay over 4 or so years with the trust just hoping and praying 'something turns up'.

I know a lot of you on here think the FL are toothless when it comes to out fishy friends, but I would suspect the FL told them in no uncertain terms that without the promise there would be no Golden Share.

You are most probably right in this assumption - it is a huge amount of money. But even if they manage to strike a deal that is acceptable for the FL what are the remaining hurdles (apart from Kanu and Chinny)?

You are most probably right in this assumption - it is a huge amount of money. But even if they manage to strike a deal that is acceptable for the FL what are the remaining hurdles (apart from Kanu and Chinny)?

They're pretty large hurdles to be honest - like a bigger wetter version of that one in the steeplechase with the water as you come over it.

Lets, see - there's the problem of converting the pledges into reality - no mean feat in itself. They've got to get crowds in as outlined in their bid - can't remember the exact numbers, but they were pretty optimistic. They've only budgeted £30,000 per annum for maintenance to Nottarf Krap - overly optimistic in my opinion.

Then they've got to go about paying wages, utulity bills, suppliers, VAT and PAYE (I'd imagine the Revenue will be all over them if they are more than 5 seconds late with payments), suppliers - can't imagine much credit being given.

I'm sure there's more but that's a start.

My guess is they've just taken £2.1m out of their annual budget and will pay it over 4 years rather than the £2m over 1 year they had planned.

Can they buy the club and the golden share without the stadium?

Edited by Chez

The trust are treating their bid like the fella who can't really afford a posh car. They are rearranging finances, putting down as smaller a deposit as possible and skimping on the options. No thought has gone into the insurance, servicing and finance repayments - just the thought that they will 'own' the car. My brother trades cars, and his experience is that all to often these motors are repossessed inside the year when reality kicks in.

Over the last couple of weeks they have lost the PCC loan, likely have to stomach losing Fratton Park and paying a £1m per year (£40k per match) rent to the loan shark and have written off all future parachute payments by matching Chanrai's bid. Fair enough, they are chasing a dream but they have nothing to pay the players, pay Chanrai or the CVA (yes I know :lol:)

Admin again before the season is out or a Conference level player budget, we all know which they will choose.

What really makes them look so stupid is the way they are going on over on their forum, making out they are some of you and not actually realising we do actually know nearly all of them and who are on here anyway; they think they are safe, they think we don't actually know who they are, they think we believe the silly little game they are playing on their site but we really couldn't give a flying ratsarse about them to be honest - but we will be going through them a bit very shortly, and once gone they won't be coming back.

Go on then, big man - if you know who I am on POL, ban me. Prove you're not just full of sh1t...

Still no luck yet then ****face. I'll give you some help, given that you clearly need it. I have posted today. Should narrow it down some for you...

I surmise from my carefully "groomed" skate connected to the PST that the FL have told TB that the deal he struck with the ex-players must be met by whoever takes over or they are hoofed out of the league.

The FL are not entirely spineless. They just seem to prefer to operate discreetly and let problems sort themselves out. PST honouring the compromise deals is a good thing - it's a step in the right direction where they place a part of their future funds in the hands of their creditors instead of in the hands of Simpleton the wheeler dealer...

Correct

Correct

And that's the was any professional organisation should handle things - qietly and behind the scenes wherever possible.

The FL have been very quiet, and only give those that e-mail them generic answers, but behind the scenes, 10 point deduction, threat of Golden Share withdrawal.

I'm sure they've already put 'Appy right on his assumption the month-obn-month signings aren't going anywhere else till January too.

let's not forget that most pompey fans couldn't get onto News webchats for people with toast-related names asking funny questions about expensive new signings and doing liquidation puns about the progress of the Harbourdome and underwater shenanigans.

So perhaps the few have been squeezed off their own forum too, meaning you lot are just arguing with yourselves, policed by their last fan - and that would be gold medal Nutjobbery! :o

Either way the Trust is now about £20M short of a sustainable business plan, if I get bored in the morning I might pluck a new cashflow forecast out of thin air and call it a fact - might chuck a prossie gag in for good measure too, see how I feel.

Night night.

I'm really proud of the fans efforts to save Portsmouth. If we can pull it off (and I say 'we' loosely as apart from chucking in 1k, I have done very little) it will be amazing. Our budget will be tiny and we may not challenge you for top spot in a long, long time, but there will be so much to look forward to and enjoy.

A club the size of Portsmouth in the majority ownership of the fans will be unprecedented in the UK, but in time i hope the first of many. As you're two leagues away and we truely are no threat to you now, I'm surprised at the reaction to a PST buyout on here?

After all the anger over the crooks etc at PFC I'd of thought there would be more appreciation of just what the fans of the club are trying to do? Irrespective of our rivalry. Pompey Fans who, whichever way you might want to view it, are not all that different from any other clubs fans? More power to the fans I say, maybe one day you fellas may claim what is yours from the corporates and foreigners (not meant in a xenophobic way, but let's be honest, if you live outside the country you are far less accountable). A fan owned SFC, wouldn't that appeal? Maybe it's a way to put back into football what's missing? I dunno.... :)

This one is quite funny...

Their forum appears to be the same few people going over the same ground over and over again. Desperately trying to appear clever.

In truth they come over as a bunch of first year students the kind that think they've got 20 years experience in whatever field they're studying when they've actually only been to 3 months worth of lectures. Still we know what they say about a little knowledge!

And he falls straight into the elephant trap and gets the literary reference wrong. No surprise there.

It's not 'a little knowledge'; it's 'a little learning'

http://poetry.eserver.org/essay-on-criticism.html - It can be found about a third of the way down.

A club the size of Portsmouth in the majority ownership of the fans will be unprecedented in the UK, but in time i hope the first of many.

Rubbish! Stop peddling this myth!!!

- Exeter City fans trust own the club and have over 4,000 paying members. http://www.ecfcst.org.uk/frequently-asked-questions/

- Portsmouth fans trust have a mere 1,670 "pledges" (yet to be followed up) according to the bid document the council recieved.

Exeter City >>>>> Pompey

Daft how Pompey fans think their fans trust is breaking new ground in an unprecedented move on a huge scale. A club like Exeter City that Pompey fans would probably deem "tinpot", has not only beaten them to fan ownership but also vastly outnumber them in terms of numbers and put Pompey's fanbase to shame. What does that say about "a club the size of Portsmouth"?

You should all stop deluding yourselves about how groundbreaking, unique or impressive the trust's bid is! It is riddled with fundamental flaws that make it unworkable in the short, medium and long term.

(the bold, large text is for any lurking Pompey fans from Pompey Online and our resident skates including PES ;))

Edited by Matthew Le God

I'm really proud of the fans efforts to save Portsmouth. If we can pull it off (and I say 'we' loosely as apart from chucking in 1k, I have done very little) it will be amazing. Our budget will be tiny and we may not challenge you for top spot in a long, long time, but there will be so much to look forward to and enjoy.

A club the size of Portsmouth in the majority ownership of the fans will be unprecedented in the UK, but in time i hope the first of many. As you're two leagues away and we truely are no threat to you now, I'm surprised at the reaction to a PST buyout on here?

After all the anger over the crooks etc at PFC I'd of thought there would be more appreciation of just what the fans of the club are trying to do? Irrespective of our rivalry. Pompey Fans who, whichever way you might want to view it, are not all that different from any other clubs fans? More power to the fans I say, maybe one day you fellas may claim what is yours from the corporates and foreigners (not meant in a xenophobic way, but let's be honest, if you live outside the country you are far less accountable). A fan owned SFC, wouldn't that appeal? Maybe it's a way to put back into football what's missing? I dunno.... :)

I don't think many would be-grudge the PST taking over. I also think the effort has been laudable, but if you are being honest with yourself the 1700 pledges you have got is poor.

The reason for the sceptical nature of the Nutjobs on here is that we have seen it all before.... Promises to pay, "we'll never get in that mess again", " we need to be competitive". Sorry if we are a little cynical that PFC will change. The club is like an alcoholic in need of a new liver, why waste what remnants of an organ you have on something that it terminally ****ed?

The Trust's figures, as much as we have seen to date, do not add up and they'll be staring down the barrell of admin pt3 within 12 months. That said they have yet to break cover on the latest master plan, so - if they can afford it, will play by the rules and not leaving creditors ****ing in the wind - I'll happily ignore your League 2 plight.

Edited by St Chalet

Seriously though, and this is something which I have discussed with fans of many other clubs, why are you bothering to put all your cash and effort into saving the current entity, with all the compromise agreements to be paid, potential for points deductions once proper investigations are held into financial irregularities (remember Luton post admin getting stung for 30 points) etc, instead of setting up a fresh, new, well funded and untainted club where the money pays for the future and not the past? In those circumstances I'm sure you'd get genuine respect and affection from fans of other clubs generally (as with AFC Wimbledon) and even some of us might grudgingly give you an element of credit.

The current plan seems to be loads of effort and fighting Chinny just to further line the ex-players pockets. Let him have his rotten club, and you start yours, leaving him with a stadium even more empty than it was on Tuesday.

Seriously though, and this is something which I have discussed with fans of many other clubs, why are you bothering to put all your cash and effort into saving the current entity,

If the current entity folds, so does the credibility of their cup win.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})