Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

A Pompey fan was kind enough to point out that we got promoted from League 1 to the Premier League with a net transfer spend of £3M. Which caused a bit of confusion all round, really.

Nice to see that Corpie cares so much that he's over there still starting threads about us. PompeyScot will probably be on here reading through soon, even though he never ever looks on here, no sir never. Hi Bill :toppa:

What I find amusing about PompyScot is that he hates scummers and will ban anyone with an IP address linked to Southampton, despite him being a Jock and Glasgow Rangers fan who lives in "east" Fareham. Meanwhile, my nephew, who was born in Southampton, has been a Pompey season ticket holder for over ten years, starting from when he was at University there. I have no problem with that, as your team generally picks you, but a sweaty IT ****, who happens to work in Titchfield. What the **** gives him the right to say who is a Pompey fan? Oh, that's right, he runs a website and has a twitter account here, where he posts personal details about himself on the internet.

Glad Steve Grant isn't a hate filled, bitter sweaty that takes himself FAR too seriously...

Edited by Guided Missile
Don't Ask...

Corp really is a gutless c u n t. Too embarassed to show face on here and resorts to posting crap on POL safe in the knowledge that any "scummer" telling it how it is will be banned. We didn't ban Corp, he banned himself.

Tempting to break cover and correct some of the bull**** (none of them seem realise that £33m of Director Loans were converted into equity) but then I enjoy a look and a laugh.

Bill Gillon is about as keen on you posting on PoL as he is me. Whatever did you do to him and whatever happened to professional courtesy?

It was all a bit "Internet: Serious Business", really. I made some comments about how that "Pompey Virtual Alliance" they formed a few years ago before they got the idea of a Trust up and running was basically just a clique of their most prominent internet warriors to have meetings with the various owners, administrators, creditors, etc and feel as though they were important, and that they didn't once criticise any of them for clearly feeding them a pack of lies which they then reported back to the masses as fact because they didn't want to throw away those "privileges". He didn't like it. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, to be honest. It's his site, he can do as he pleases with his 100-odd active users.

It was all a bit "Internet: Serious Business", really. I made some comments about how that "Pompey Virtual Alliance" they formed a few years ago before they got the idea of a Trust up and running was basically just a clique of their most prominent internet warriors to have meetings with the various owners, administrators, creditors, etc and feel as though they were important, and that they didn't once criticise any of them for clearly feeding them a pack of lies which they then reported back to the masses as fact because they didn't want to throw away those "privileges". He didn't like it. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, to be honest. It's his site, he can do as he pleases with his 100-odd active users.

oooh you b]tch! ;)

just when you start to feel sorry for them the delusion kicks in again, every time the likes of Ho open their mouths a hilarious myth spills out...

The most ludicrous one I heard was that we gave away 13,000 free tickets for every home game - not to be confused with the free tickets for asylum seekers and jobless deal we ran for a while...

It's up there with all scummers leave after 75 mins and boo their own players at half time, that's when the ground isn't half empty like it was for Wigan and Man Utd.

Why would anyone believe this stuff unless they are more dense than the fat in Appy's bath?

So now we are told of £120K a week... :lol:

It must be true as it came from the son of the kitman, who Ho meets at an underwater Saab dealership every few weeks to discuss CSI's sponsorship budget for the forthcoming financial year and council plans to gift them land to sell to Tesco for £20M.

Living near the frontline I suffer these bizarre claims on a regular basis, fantasy dressed as fact, it makes you cringe and fear for the future.

I was assured 18 months ago that Cortese had sold the club and had abandoned the project - the bloke swore that it was true, presumably as he will swear that he too heard that Ramirez is on £120K a week, which equals about £200K a week when skate-adjusted.

Living to the east is like being a bloody missionary worker, I'm spending half the week just trying to spread education to the dim masses - it's a fricking nightmare.

No, our admins are not the same, no you haven't been punished for the same crime twice, that cow is small, and no the refs haven't had an email to pick on you... :facepalm:

Let's not forget that the Toyman is the King of the Ridiculous Myth - I believe very little that I hear, even about pompey, though his funniest ones were VERY funny!

If there are facts to support then it's worth considering, but how can you reason with anyone who bases their irrational hatred on a story stolen from Millwall and West Ham's past?

If the rivalry is all about a dock strike that never happened, anyone believing that is by now about fifth generation retarded.

Why would you believe a story with more holes in it that Avram's tracksuit trousers? And why would you repeat it unless you wanted to look backward?

As for the WW2 stuff, that was too fanciful even for those 12 year old Somerstown children who can neither rap, read, nor speak to girls without blushing.

Only the thickest of the thick bought that rubbish.

That offering today is just another £120K myth for the pile.

Quality not quantity.

I like what you did there....

Going back to the FL an Appy's statement - this is where it gets really funny... a month ago we had Appy and the press emotionally Blackmailing the players to feck off or the club will die and whats more dont take any money with you... depending on who the owner is, you may get 20% of what we promised you now spread over 47 years, if the moon turns blue and you start shi tting roses.... a little over a month later and Appy is now emotionally blackmailing players to stay with tales of woeful unemployment should theyy leave before christmas - soon it will be sad tales of kids going without santa and a miserabley small battery chicken taking the place of the glorious bird if they dont stick around ...as the FL wont let them sign elsewhere til Jan... seriously is this guy for real or has the fat in the pipes clogged the arteries to his brain as well?

The FL rule seems to suggest he has a point - BUT as others have pointed out, this rule was not designed for this type of situation, and if such a rule was indeed enforced the FL could find themselves in Strasbourg quicker that Uncle As' pyjamas hit the floor when someone says 'you lookin' for business'

The club that just keeps on giving...

I've done many bad things in my life. Most of them more than capable of sending me to rot in Hell for eternity.

But as some may know I am in Poland for future Brother in Laws' wedding this past weekend. Polish weddings will probably need their own thread when I get home (2 days of Vodka shots, 12 hours non stop weird Polka/Waltz/Quicksteps etc)

They even have an after party that lasts an entire second day...

So anyway, It's a Village Hall, the locals have had a lovely time, and the DJ is getting into the last sing-along moments of the weekend - YMCA has rolled out...

He let's rip with his last song... And (after the suggestion from FMDP) D_P strides purposefully onto the stage tells the DJ to STFU and grabs the mike....

You are all singing the chorus wrong. (FMDP translates)

The words are...........

And praise the Lord 140 non-English speaking Poles joined in to sing Amarillo properly including WTFILN

They'll never understand, they have no idea what it meant, but it made a sad old fart VERY VERY happy.

pompey_sabian, eggypfc, Dream, pearsey, pompeyblue1980, bas, paramount-pompey, gaz76, hugoross, powered_by_pies, h block, andygosneyseye, dfearnley, bollyfraser, crazy88, Chalet, bluevictory, Pompeyblue55, ajd3006, Reading_blue, POMPEYMAT, dubzy29, bob hoskins, turner, PFC3784, steveIOW, DWPFC, Footloose, pompeybax, billjohnson, blooze, DavidSilk24, cptdavep, BaffinsBlue, DMP, robertmcain, cliffpfc, MiltoninLA, pompeyloyal, harry harris, CoshamScouse, st_shar, Bath Pompey, mesmo, delhiblue, Canada Blue, pompeyjb, PompeyMart, POMPEYD, Amadeus

Tonight's list of onliners on PompeyOnline :)

I, of course, am 'turner'.

pompey_sabian, eggypfc, Dream, pearsey, pompeyblue1980, bas, paramount-pompey, gaz76, hugoross, powered_by_pies, h block, andygosneyseye, dfearnley, bollyfraser, crazy88, Chalet, bluevictory, Pompeyblue55, ajd3006, Reading_blue, POMPEYMAT, dubzy29, bob hoskins, turner, PFC3784, steveIOW, DWPFC, Footloose, pompeybax, billjohnson, blooze, DavidSilk24, cptdavep, BaffinsBlue, DMP, robertmcain, cliffpfc, MiltoninLA, pompeyloyal, harry harris, CoshamScouse, st_shar, Bath Pompey, mesmo, delhiblue, Canada Blue, pompeyjb, PompeyMart, POMPEYD, Amadeus

I'm MiltoninLA, when I travel to the US and blooze when I'm here...

I'm one of them....please don't out me. I enjoy the laughs there almost as much a Rallyboy on here.

I'm guessing that st_shar might not be a Pompey fan ;)

their academy is one of the best in the country, if not in Europe.

really? says who? them. Hardly call producing a couple of half decent british players that

how many of the current u21 came through their academy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_under-21_football_team

or how about the national team?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_football_team

Yes they have a good setup, and are helped by the fact they can steal from clubs like swindon and us, but the best in england or europe? no where near.

rumour LB estate are looking to get out now if the price they want is matched, if price isnt then next season if they dont get relegated. They will be looking for £100m is my guess if scum stay up.

Post from POL.

I've done many bad things in my life. Most of them more than capable of sending me to rot in Hell for eternity.

But as some may know I am in Poland for future Brother in Laws' wedding this past weekend. Polish weddings will probably need their own thread when I get home (2 days of Vodka shots, 12 hours non stop weird Polka/Waltz/Quicksteps etc)

They even have an after party that lasts an entire second day...

So anyway, It's a Village Hall, the locals have had a lovely time, and the DJ is getting into the last sing-along moments of the weekend - YMCA has rolled out...

He let's rip with his last song... And (after the suggestion from FMDP) D_P strides purposefully onto the stage tells the DJ to STFU and grabs the mike....

You are all singing the chorus wrong. (FMDP translates)

The words are...........

And praise the Lord 140 non-English speaking Poles joined in to sing Amarillo properly including WTFILN

They'll never understand, they have no idea what it meant, but it made a sad old fart VERY VERY happy.

:D Can we please see that on youtube, DP?

This is perfectly understandable if you renew their monthly contracts, but is surely can't be true that if you choose not to renew the contract of one of them he will be stranded , in limbo, out of work and unpaid, but unable to sign for anyone else until January?

So a player who is with a club and is secure, can be loaned from whenever the loan window opens, but a poor sod who has been conned into signing for PFC on a monthly basis can be put in a postion where he cannot work, at the whim of Appleton?

In fairness I'm sure Cheats FC will offer them a rolling monthly contract. At 5 shillings a week. Take it or leave it.

If this is all true, and the poor sods have found themselves trapped at Krap Nottarf until January, I wouldn't expect them to put too much effort in when they are forced to play each week. If I were them I'd be tempted to put the ball in my own net, or get sent off early.

In fairness I'm sure Cheats FC will offer them a rolling monthly contract. At 5 shillings a week. Take it or leave it.

If this is all true, and the poor sods have found themselves trapped at Krap Nottarf until January, I wouldn't expect them to put too much effort in when they are forced to play each week. If I were them I'd be tempted to put the ball in my own net, or get sent off early.

They started that bit already - must be drawing lots before each game to decide who gets the privilege of having a week off (paid) whilst the rest "graft"!

I'm glad I wasn't logged in at the time. Don't want one of you lot inadvertently 'outing' me over there...

while I'm still not fully sure on the state of player contracts as the rules look vague, I was surprised that Appy took the public stance that he did, basically claiming that players were there now and that's the end of it.

It sounded a bit tactless, he was implying that he'd conned some of them into signing, that he'd got one over on them.

Also the original agreements were held up as contracts that needed both sides to agree to termination.

Surely that means that they have not only taken some players hostage but that they are stuck with underperforming and injured players?

Either way it looks messy and has upset other League One clubs that cannot match pompey's bizarre wage offers.

What an odd way to run a business.

And what has it come to when we rely on Bournemouth to dish out some justice.

Though Lee Barnard has that Judge Dredd/Universal Soldier look to him...if he scores tonight he'll have to run halfway around the ground to find someone to upset - I hope he's not allergic to blue seating.

But no one is interested in the JPT, I remember saying that to the other 55,000 Saints fans at Wembley.

Didn't both of those things actually happen against Oldham last weekend?

Appy hasn't so much 'lost the dressing room' as created a sense of deep-seated resentment. Way to go!!

So no need for -10 points this season then. Keep it for next in L2... beyond that I'm a bit vague on the football league pyramid, but I think they'd have been better off as a phoenix starting low and going up. Instead their preferred method seems to be like trying to stand on an icy black slope above a precipice on a cheap tea-tray bought over 20 weeks from a mail-order catalogue - and already being behind on the payments.

There is another section in the FL rules that no one has quoted that says the Football League BOARD have "absolute discretion" to decide on Player Registrations, namely Section 57.

57 Termination of Registration of Non-contract Player

57.1 The registration of a Non-Contract Player may only be terminated during the Season as follows:

57.1.1 by mutual consent of Club and Player, the details of which must immediately be notified in writing to the Secretary, with a copy to the Player; or

57.1.2 by the Board if in its absolute discretion it determines that the Player has not played in the class of match which his ability warrants; or

57.1.3 for other reasons satisfactory to the Board.

Which I read as saying the FL Board can make any decision they want.

there's more members in the Judean peoples front than on there

According to a certain broadsheet journalist (who will have to remain nameless) there are big problems between scummers manager and chairmain/ CEO. Their three big signings (Carlos Kickaball, Yoshi's CB brother and the african striker) were all signed by Cortese with no input from Adkins. Cortese ignored the manager when he wanted to sign Boro's CB Rhys Wiliams and signed the Japanese guy because it made more commercial sense (ie trying to sell the club to the Japanese market). Relationship "very strained" acording to Mr Journo. Maybe the rumours about Harry going back to take them down for a second time are true.

Seriously, we need to get Corp Ho Ho Ho back on here and give him his own stickied thread for all his accurate insider information.

What a bellend. Incredibly amusing, but a bellend no less.

Seriously, we need to get Corp Ho Ho Ho back on here and give him his own stickied thread for all his accurate insider information.

What a bellend. Incredibly amusing, but a bellend no less.

Im not surprised if NA was not given the choice as I suspect Forte was his choice and look at him lol

But no one is interested in the JPT, I remember saying that to the other 55,000 Saints fans at Wembley.

Ironic isnt it - The tin pot paint pot as they called it, represents their best chance of gaining additional revenue. But still, if they don't turn up, appy can send out another rallying cry to local businesses to make up the short fall.

Living to the east is like being a bloody missionary worker, I'm spending half the week just trying to spread education to the dim masses - it's a fricking nightmare.

No, our admins are not the same, no you haven't been punished for the same crime twice, that cow is small, and no the refs haven't had an email to pick on you... :facepalm:

:lol: Great Father Ted reference.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})