Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

From the link above... http://www.portsmouth.gov.uk/media/Cab20130227rAppC.pdf

Very revealing document. Provides more detail of the Trust's business plan than even Farmery knows about.

The business and assets of the club will be acquired for £13.6m broken down as follows:

Fratton Park £3.12m

CVA £0.76m

Special Creditors £0.09m

Football Creditors – Other Clubs £1.25m

Football Creditors – Non Playing Staff £0.38m

Football Creditors – Players £7.96m

£13.56m

The S151 Officer has observed proof of funds of Investments within the PST’s Legal

Advisors Client Account as follows:

i) High Net Worth Investors and Associate Directors (known as Presidents) £1.02m

ii) Fan Share Scheme £1.05m (now believed to be £1.3m)

Micah Hall proving once again the people of Portsea island are lacking in mathematical skills.

Micah Hall ‏@blueballoo2000

pcc makes a 6 figure profit from it to help fund local services

5% of £1.45m is NOT a six figure sum. It is £72,500. A five figure sum!

Is it worth the risk of loaning a business that has failed 3 times, to pick up such a small figure?

Less the interest either paid by PCC for a loan or interest on their capital.

A letter has been sent to both the Administrators and the Football League asking them

to confirm that “the Football League remain committed to only transferring the share to

the PST, following completion of the purchase, and that no other commercial alternative

is being considered which would result in the share being transferred elsewhere”

Confirmation is awaited.

:lol:

So, they've promised first dibs on the August parachute payments to the council, according to the BBC.

That means they need to renegotiate with the players, no wonder the PFA isn't happy.

I think I'm missing something here...

The football creditor rules, which state that the players get first dibs in any administration, are made by and upheld by the football authorities.... So, why oh why are the football league giving their backing to a bid that is blatantly aiming to flout the very same rules that they are supposed to be upholding?

As I say, am I missing something obvious here?

Edited by trousers

The football creditor rules, which state that the players get first dibs in any administration, are made by and upheld by the football authorities.... So, why oh why are the football league giving their backing to a bid that is blatantly aiming to flout the very same rules that they are supposed to be upholding?

Maybe it's the PST missing it?

Really wouldn't surprise me.

It's blatantly obvious that the players made a huge mistake agreeing to any compromise at all if they wanted to see their money.

No, I don't think you're missing anything. Just because PCC and PDT have come to a commercial agreement, it doesn't mean that that agreement is acceptable to other parties. Let's wait and see what the PFA et al have to say.

Very revealing document. Provides more detail of the Trust's business plan than even Farmery knows about.

The business and assets of the club will be acquired for £13.6m broken down as follows:

Fratton Park £3.12m

CVA £0.76m

Special Creditors £0.09m

£13.56m

The S151 Officer has observed proof of funds of Investments within the PST’s Legal

i) High Net Worth Investors and Associate Directors (known as Presidents) £1.02m

I'm not seeing PKF's fees of circa £2m-£2.5m, legal costs and disbursements (which must be pretty hefty by now) nor the mysterious Chinny £2m which PKF forgot about.

It looks as though the Trust may well get their wish and be intermediate owners for a few months, before another administration and then being bought out by a local small businessman like all other low to non-league clubs. (I wonder if there'll still be outstanding football creditors and non-payment of CVA1, and a double points deduction)

So, Sweepstake time

When will they go into administration again?

I'll go for March 31 2014

Edited by Winchester Red

Fratton Park £3.12m

CVA £0.76m

Special Creditors £0.09m

£13.56m

Where is the £2m-£2.5m PKF fees coming from?

Who is paying all the court costs?

What about Baloo's mysterious £2m that PKF forgot about?

They need £3.88m on day 1 (£3.12m for FP, £0.76m for the CVA). They have funds of £3.87m. They're already short with no income until August. How will that be funded?

Just a few of the questions I would be asking as a Councillor elected to look after the interests of my constituents.

Edited by Faz

Where is the £2m-£2.5m PKF fees coming from?

Who is paying all the court costs?

What about Baloo's mysterious £2m that PKF forgot about?

They need £3.88m on day 1 (£3.12m for FP, £0.76m for the CVA). They have funds of £3.87m. They're already short with no income until August. How will that be funded?

Just a few of the questions I would be asking as a Councillor elected to look after the interests of my constituents.

Also the £2m? that Kanu is claiming which seems to have been conveniently forgotten, but I doubt has gone away.

Ah so the dear old Popular Front for the Liberation of Tooting (aka PDT) in their "we're all in it together" new age pseudo Communist Style have one critical task they must now perform.

They must become Maggie Thatcher and smash the Evil Trade Union.

Next up. They are about to shaft the PFA.

They will then get the Golden Share to compete in L2 next season.

And what Union will all the players they wish to recruit belong to?

Oh yes the one they have smashed in the teeth.

Oh there is a long long way to go in this story yet.

IF it was so easy to google the original nottarf redevelopment plans and PDT march into court with their 50 houses scheme... (Because let's face it, Chinny is just an amateur he doesn't have google)

It just goes on and on and on

667125_1.gif

Of course all the fun today will not count for a hill of beans if the court case goes against them. I wonder if PKF try to use the councils "Well it would cost millions to clear the site and we could put up a couple of houses on it afterwards if we are lucky" valuation estimates? Not sure they will stand up to too much scrutiny, especially as said earlier they previously appeared to have been happy with a plan with far more dwellings on the same site.

Edited by pedg

Looking at those terms for the loan I can't see how PDT can meet them so shirley its irrelevant? Seems to me that the council have tied it up in knots in order to be able to say "we tried, we had to ensure we protected our taxpayers, its not our fault the PDT couldn't deliver on promises/the PFA invoked the Football Creditors rule/PP payments weren't made/Orville and his mates challenged the decision of the FA in the courts/etc."

Of course all the fun today will not count for a hill of beans if the court case goes against them. I wonder if PKF try to use the councils "Well it would cost millions to clear the site and we could put up a couple of houses on it afterwards if we are lucky" valuation estimates? Not sure they will stand up to too much scrutiny, especially as said earlier they previously appeared to have been happy with a plan with far more dwellings on the same site.

If the judge doesn't wave through the PKF / PDT court case I will eat my own genitalia baked in a pie.

If the judge doesn't wave through the PKF / PDT court case I will eat my own genitalia baked in a pie.

Can I sell the movie rights to that?

No, don't want to even be in the country when that happens, just think it would be a good money spinner in certain parts of the East of Hampshire

I assume the council have seen the whole business plan in order for them agree to the loan, and being sensible and law abiding people, the business plan must bear scrutiny and be workable.

That reassures me because my blood would be boiling if I thought pfc were going to escape again just because some politicians couldn't be trusted to behave with integrity and in the best interests of their community.

this is the council that cost its constituents £11.1 million when they failed to put together water tight contract with the contractor building the the Spinnaker tower.

Sorry but haven't followed this thread for a while and brains are now mashed trying to understand it. To help, can someone please tell me what PKF and PDT stand for ?

Thank you kindly.

PDT is property developers trust. PDT used instead of PST because the bid is funded more by property developers than supporters.

The valuation looks a bit suspect, you would have thought the Trust had put forward that valuation. It would be interesting if BC put an uppage clause in the contract. Eg if they go on to increase the amount of housing extra is paid per property above that stated.

There is no way the judge will see the club liquidated. He will give them it for 3 mil or less no doubt.

I happen to agree tbh. My honest opinion is the club will be league two next year on minus ten or something with the PST trying to run the club with little money. It's gonna keep going this thread...

@blueballoo2000: Shamefully, labour and Tory deputations argued for delay and liquidation - Ferrett and Stubbs, hang your heads in shame.

Hall seems to forget that the vast majority of constituents don't give a ****ing toss about this tax dodging cesspitt of a company and care more about the basic services they pay for out of their council taxes.

John Ferrett's response to the decision:

The Council Leader is once again given a platform by this paper for more Lib Dem propaganda. Note there is no counter-view, either in the article or video. One reason is that the News Editor has instructed his journalists not to seek quotes from myself as Leader of the Labour Group. This is what passes for a free press in Portsmouth.

The opposition were given less than 24 hours notice of this meeting and no advance briefing of the papers before they went public. Furthermore, we had been promised a meeting as far back as January with the administrator to discuss any changes to the business plan and the changed financial position of the club. That meeting has still to take place, yet the administrator has once again held a gun to the council's head and said ' give us the money or the club gets it'!

When the loan was agreed in August one of the conditions was that the club should be purchased for £7.66m. If this condition couldn't be met then the loan should be refused. There was scope for 'minor amendments' yet the club is now being purchased for a staggering £13.56m - I would contend anyone to argue that this massive increase in the purchase price is a minor amendment.

Finally, the council is making massive cuts to services in this city, not least to childrens services and social care. In those circumstances is it too much to ask for some transparency and information before a loan of this size is authorised?

There is no way the judge will see the club liquidated. He will give them it for 3 mil or less no doubt.

Ah the point is it is not certain that they would be liquidated if the judge rules against the sale. Chinny just has to point out that he has reached agreement with the other bidder and should the PST bid not be successful due to the judges ruling he is sure the other bid can be rushed through in time to save pompey once the league realise that PST bid is dead in the water.

interesting statement below from one of the dissenting councillors, all he wanted was the meeting they were promised with Birch.

He makes it clear that the councillors were rushed into a vote and had no chance to ask about conditions that couldn't be met and why the price of the club had nearly doubled since the loan was requested.

When the loan was agreed in August one of the conditions was that the club should be purchased for £7.66m. If this condition couldn't be met then the loan should be refused. There was scope for 'minor amendments' yet the club is now being purchased for a staggering £13.56m - I would contend anyone to argue that this massive increase in the purchase price is a minor amendment.

In simple terms it just seems that pompey have ignored the PFA and their members, ignored the stipulations of the Football League about football creditor debt and the only way out is to divert the PP money from the football debts to the council.

They just keep storing up problems for the future.

I reckon they will be trading insolvently again by October.

Cost of fan buyout - £13.56M

Amount raised by fans - £1.3M

I make that 10% ownership, less than Harris offered them for free.

I'm not seeing PKF's fees of circa £2m-£2.5m, legal costs and disbursements (which must be pretty hefty by now) nor the mysterious Chinny £2m which PKF forgot about.
£4m in bank will pay PKF and their lawyers. Kanu su[posedly came to an agreement and is part of the football creditors now. The £2m floating charge is another matter.

John Ferrett's response to the decision:

The Council Leader is once again given a platform by this paper for more Lib Dem propaganda. Note there is no counter-view, either in the article or video. One reason is that the News Editor has instructed his journalists not to seek quotes from myself as Leader of the Labour Group. This is what passes for a free press in Portsmouth.

The opposition were given less than 24 hours notice of this meeting and no advance briefing of the papers before they went public. Furthermore, we had been promised a meeting as far back as January with the administrator to discuss any changes to the business plan and the changed financial position of the club. That meeting has still to take place, yet the administrator has once again held a gun to the council's head and said ' give us the money or the club gets it'!

Finally, the council is making massive cuts to services in this city, not least to childrens services and social care. In those circumstances is it too much to ask for some transparency and information before a loan of this size is authorised?

So why did the loon vote in favour??

It was only the cabinet that voted - all Lib Dems.

Nine councillors out of a total of 42. But it is an executive decision as to do with funds.

Nevertheless, other councillors including Ferrett could have called for a wider council vote to back or oppose the executive decision to make a point. I presume there wasn't enough stomach for a civil war.

Edited by TopGun

In simple terms it just seems that pompey have ignored the PFA and their members, ignored the stipulations of the Football League about football creditor debt

Which goes back to my earlier question.....Why are the Football League giving endorsement to a prospective owner that intends breaking one of their own rules?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})