Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

As I keep harping on.

There is one way that the PST bid can succeed.

It is so obvious I just don't understand why nobody else sees it.

PDT has no working capital. Their business plan has holes that the Titanic could have sailed into. But they can have enough money to run their club in L2.

And WHY are the PDT being so secretive?

FFS it ain't rocket science, money doesn't grow on trees. It grows in fields

60442033.jpg

Absolutely, although it could have been implemented millions of £'s ago.

There was some discussion over the intended plans to revert back to the re-development of Fratton Park over the next couple of years which will bring the ground capacity to 30,000.

However the game plan is to have the new stadium built for the 2018 World Cup in the hope that England are successful in their bid to host the tournament in which case it is further hoped that the new Portsmouth FC stadium would be a south coast venue for matches.

I've just wet myself.

Who would have thought it ? And they slag us off on various forums about NC and The Echo ??? My oh my

http://supportersadvisorypanel.co.uk/meeting-minutes/8th-april-2009/

The Club was thanked and applauded for being the only Club in the Premier League to offer free access to the TV facility i.e. PFC-TV. It was also mentioned that it was refreshing to see the way that the Club had openly presented its latest set of accounts in such a frank and open way. Seemingly the Club were now firmly on track to break even in the short term and that this augurs well for the future of the Club.

:facepalm:

Anyone else struggling to keep up?

My understanding was that Sodje was a battling hero who was going to smash opposition forwards and give everything for the shirt....so is he now a villainous borderline-perv who let the plucky lads down and will be fined all of his wages? :scared:

And The News itself was a villain in 2009, but isn't the paper now a fan-supporting hero of the publishing world?...

Though as the paper is the only one to decide who is in which catergory as each day dawns, can we believe that they are now heroes?...

Or are they spinning their own spin, within the spin that they are spinning for The Trust?

I guess that the manner in which they glossed over the horrific detail of the administrator's report for three days before cherrypicking the more palatable elements and reporting developments from August as news would suggest that they are still the Trust's heroic media partner of choice.

Odd approach though - they've had long enough to dedicate a business reporter to this story who has a basic grasp of the facts.

Which means only one thing.

The Daily Nutjob still leads the way as the 24-7 international online news portal of all things blue and few.

It's the thread that inspired and assisted Hall's 'trailblazing' investigations - I'm sure he'll give us a mention in his thank-you speech when he takes his plaice on the top table at the Skate of the Year Awards.

Where The Nutjob leads, others follow.

Whether that is three days later, or six months later if they don't really understand the report and need to edit the content to suit the agenda of the easily-led.

@pn_neil_allen: #Pompey fans' website being taken to court over a recent blog published by Mike Hall (AKA @blueballoo2000) http://t.co/Y8cY0Zr2ZA

That can't be right. Micah Hall is absoutely correct about everything, and has never even been threatened with legal action -- according to his own blog, and that's always right, so it must be right... I think

Nicholas Smith ‏@Nicks648

@blueballoo2000 if your information is correct then they can't sue you for exercising your right of free speech!

Micah Hall ‏@blueballoo2000

@Nicks648 unfortunately, they can. In order to prove your comment truthful you need £100k to get to court and £250k in case you lose.

Matthew Hardiman ‏@MatthewHardiman

Harris threats of action against fan site do not bode well for other viewpoints or transparency were he ever to have taken over at Pompey.

mick robertson ‏@mickarobertson

@blueballoo2000 I 4 1 will be contributing to your fighting fund should it come to it cos what you have researched is vital to Pompeyfuture

paul collins ‏@paul7collins1

YOU;LL NEVER BREAK OUR SPIRIT ,wrong fans to pick on

Nicholas Smith ‏@Nicks648

@blueballoo2000 if your information is correct then they can't sue you for exercising your right of free speech!

Micah Hall ‏@blueballoo2000

@Nicks648 unfortunately, they can. In order to prove your comment truthful you need £100k to get to court and £250k in case you lose.

OMG, is he really this deluded, does he really believe this to be the case.....legal aid my friend, legal aid...

To be fair, I'm not entirely sure you can get legal aid for a libel defence, which is a civil matter rather than a criminal one.

Yeah but he's an out of work pikey defending the poor innocent phew from the nasty, horrible people who want to try and make a profit from their club. He should be allowed to defend himself for free.

If he was *THAT* convinced he was correct then he would see a solicitor, who would probably do an hours consultation for free, and then he would win the case and the nasty Harris consortium would have to pay costs.... *IF* he was correct.

I know if I was convinced about my information I would fight tooth and nail to defend myself.

I've juts been on Micah Hall's timeline and this is a brief except of tweets back to him :-

6776a28e83748800fcb314ad2b769c2b_normal.jpeg

this Keith Harris sounds like he's from North Korea!

Retweeted by
Micah Hall

image_normal.jpg

@
blueballoo2000
is Pompey through and through. Same can't be said about Pascal Najadi. Our Club, our City, our People. PUP

Retweeted by
Micah Hall

f35eca2767c5aaba24f9d2a63de12ec0_normal.jpeg

Stand firm
@
blueballoo2000
. Harris and Chanrai know their time's up. From a Pompey fan in Scotland.

Retweeted by
Micah Hall

d8fe7aa5b550724bd43a4fc9313eb91d_normal.jpeg

@
blueballoo2000
#
Pompey
massive pr own goal. And It's not just pompey fans that will lose their message boards/blogs.

Retweeted by
Micah Hall

726e82cb0293235581aa9c8a8cef9512_normal.jpeg

YOU;LL NEVER BREAK OUR SPIRIT ,wrong fans to pick on

Retweeted by
Micah Hall

I would suggest that they go read this :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20782257

Edited by Big Bad Bob

Wasn't there a Hereford fan that had his site closed down by the chairman of HUFC and also banned him for life to the ground for remarks against the chairman?

more here. It was a post made by someone else which he wasn't quick enough to delete. Other incidents listed in the article.

Edited by Doctoroncall

OMG, is he really this deluded, does he really believe this to be the case.....legal aid my friend, legal aid...

In all fairness , you have to be fairly skint to get legal aid. Pretty much the worse situation to be is an average or more wage earning home owner. And I think Steve is right , no legal aid for a libel case anyway.

now, what was that quote of mine about swimming with Sharks?

Oh well done phew, your new media approach is working a treat.

Press are ganging up against you calling your cup win a fraud, one of your trusted advisors is going to be looking for left over IKEA meatballs to feed his family soon.

Oh and still the deal is not yet done.....

I know El Clásico is on, but with no Premier League or Champions League action, surely the bestest fans will turn up in force and pack the park tonight?

Another mouthwatering clash of titans, this time the pluckiest are pitched against the franchise-holding 'dons.

Can they stretch their record-beating run to LLLLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLLDDLL

To paraphrase McNae's Essential Law for Journalists (a book I assume he possesses, as any investigative journalist would ).

A statement about a person is defamatory if it tends to do any of the following -

Expose the person to ridicule, contempt or hatred

Cause the person to be shunned or avoided

Lower the person in the estimation of right-minded thinking members of society generally, or

Disparage the person in his business, trade or office.

The main defences available are;

1) Justification - this is when the matter complained of can be proved in court to be sustantially true. Always the hardest to prove because you have to have witnesses or other evidence (such as documentary). Can Hall prove what he wrote is true? If he can't he's shafted on this one.

2) Honest Comment (previously fair comment) - this protects published opinion but has to conform to certain conditions.

a) The published comment must be the honestly held opinion of the writer

b) The comment should be recognisable as opinion, ie, it should not be worded to be perceived as factual allegation

c) The comment must be based on provably true facts

d) Those facts must be alluded to or stated in what is published with the comment, unless the facts are so widely knownthat this is not necessary

e) The subject commented on must be a matter of public interest.

I would point you in the direction of Lowe v Times Newspapers, when our former esteemed chairman sued the pants off The Times for a comment piece written by Martin Samuel at the time of Dave Jones' departure. The Times claimed Fair Comment, but still lost, proving that you can never trust juries in libel cases.

So I'm thinking that if Hall claims Honest Comment, he might struggle under (b) or ©.

3) Privilege - to paraphrase, these are comments made in Parliament, courts, public meetings, etc. This is what protects MPs when they make statements which are patently untrue about individuals. Porky Penny knows all about this, but this defence is not open to Hall.

There are other defences against libel, such as Accord and Satisfaction and Offer of Amends (which mainly applies to accidental libel) which - without going into detail - mainly involve grovelling apologies, and offers of financial restitution.

You cannot get legal aid for a civil case, although he may get a lawyer to take his case on a no-win, no fee basis, a bit like an ambulance chaser.

Basically, he's screwed, unless he makes a grovelling apology and retraction, and even that might not be enough.

The one area of the law that is particularly grey when it comes to online defamation is who is ultimately liable. It could be any one of the following:

1. The individual author(s);

2. The administrator(s) of the website where the defamation is published;

3. The owner(s) of the website where the defamation is published, if different to (2) above;

4. The hosting company of the website where the defamation is published;

5. Any other website that allows the original defamation to be repeated or copied.

He seems to think it'll be a fansnetwork thing rather than anything personal to him. We'll see, I guess...

Agent Connolly scores an 'own' goal.

There has been a lack of hope down fratton way lately, and seeing as it is the 'hope that kills', seems entirely appropriate for agent Connolly to inject a bit of hope - only adds to the despair as the winless sequence continues.

Quote Originally Posted by View From The Top View Post

Micah Hall mentioned you

23m

Micah Hall @blueballoo2000

@S13SFC @pn_neil_allen I don't have anything to worry about anyway, not even mentioned me - just the tiny company who host it.

I think that's worth forwarding to fansonline network!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})