Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/ = the official site.

What's http://www.pompeyfc.co.uk/ ?

Could be they are upgrading / scraping the old official site and putting it up on that link instead? Hmm

They both usually link to the same place - little bit odd they've put a "maintenance" message up on one but just a "website unavailable" one on the other.

Woes at Portsmouth affecting Guernsey

Financial woes at Premiership football club Portsmouth are having a knock-on effect in Guernsey.

The club was funding the island's soccer development centre - hoping to find a new Matt Le Tissier.

But local coaches working for the club have been paid late and bills for hiring pitches and training facilities have not been met.

This morning the Guernsey Football Association has pledged to keep the centre going for the rest of this season.

Portsmouth say they'll continue to pay the coaches, but the GFA will now pick up the bills for venue hire - reckoned to be around two thousand pounds.

no surprise what so ever.

it's a joke that their embargo was lifted at all.

From what i have heard.... (my best mate works for them) that there is somewhat of a rebellion going on.... I.e equipment is being taken in exchange for unpaid wages (he is the cameraman)

It gets better all the time. ! :)

They are trying to take on additional wages with loanees - £10K,£20K a week? Yet they can't pay their local suppliers a few quid?

Criminal, despicable, unethical = bringing the game and the league into disrepute.

Nail on the head.

The fact that they are doing this with the Premier Leagues blessing makes it all the worse.

With Portsmouth now admitting to failing to pay yet another body, how can the FA let them carry on? They clearly have no money. They cannot function as a working club. The staff won't be paid. It's like watching a deer spasm around after being hit by a car going at 50mph. Just shoot them and do the right thing.

say goodbye boys - the end is nigh - 2nd winding up order issued apparently. The fat lady is about to sing and the lights are about to go out

don't go before you come to visit us, we want to send you out in style ;)

where have you heard about that btw? what happened with the takeover? i have looked on a few of your forums but i can't see anything on it now.

With Portsmouth now admitting to failing to pay yet another body, how can the FA let them carry on? They clearly have no money. They cannot function as a working club. The staff won't be paid. It's like watching a deer spasm around after being hit by a car going at 50mph. Just shoot them and do the right thing.

surely they're insolvent? they're only paying players wages (late) each month by getting short term loan deals (i.e not their money)

and apparently, the info on the wage slip (who's paid them) changes every month.

say goodbye boys - the end is nigh - 2nd winding up order issued apparently. The fat lady is about to sing and the lights are about to go out

What makes me sad Mero is that the majority of your fans are now suffering because of incompetence, and lying, cheating bastards.

I hope they all go down for a long long time.

All the best.

..and to the Poopey fans who still gloat about our position in L1....look up Karma in a dictionary.

Oh. You can't read...and fish can't turn pages. Nevermind.

Edited by Channon's Sideburns

Did I read somewhere that if their staff don't get paid for a third time, then they will be wound up/placed in admin/other punishment? I am sure I read it, but I could have been dreaming. I do have some odd dreams; Pompey v Saints FA Cup final the other night.

Dreaming I think as no automatic link I believe. However the list of creditors could go up a bit more, lucky for then they have such a small squad.

Did I read somewhere that if their staff don't get paid for a third time, then they will be wound up/placed in admin/other punishment? I am sure I read it, but I could have been dreaming. I do have some odd dreams; Pompey v Saints FA Cup final the other night.

It means the players can hand 14 days notice in and walk away for free... which is probably a massive reason why P*mpey have been quiet on the selling, quite simply because clubs have been waiting for payday to see if they can pick their targets up on a freebie.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})