Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Will the notorious 657 mob arrange 'meets' with visiting firms at the Fish counter?

One would assume that any planning permission would be on the strict condition, that there couldn't possibly be a fish counter.

Could you imagine the carnage at with 7.000 skates trying to molest a plaice.

46ca209ff5822d461a486bc772f1a927_normal.jpegEmma Judd@pn_Emma_Judd

Calling Saints fans and trolls - @pn_neil_allen will be doing a #pompey webchat at http://portsmouth.co.uk at 1pm. Pompey fans also welcome

bruce_forsythe_normal.jpgTrousers@Lord_Trousers

@pn_Emma_Judd @pn_neil_allen Now PFC have stopped fleecing business/taxpayers/ex-players/charities etc Saints fans have other fish to fry ;)

Edited by trousers

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]12:57[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext altcaster_text][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]phpaaqbiAneil_allen_150.jpg[/TD]

[TD]Neil:

Good afternoon everyone, hope life is treating you well.

Welcome to another web chat, so please chip in with your questions and I'll do my best to answer them as best as I can.

As a special welcome to those lovely people from Saints Web who regularly like to pop in on these occasions.

Game on....[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

wave-smiley.gif

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:07[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From tdd

Hi neil. Brett from camden here, how confident are you of Rocha signing? PUP!

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

:lol:

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:16[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Guest

Hi Neil. So it seems the Trust have done the dirty on Pompey fans - fobbing us off with a car park and a power socket to plug in Mick's Burger Van. Why the secrecy over the 'lump sum' due from Tesco? Why not push for a redevelopment of NS/FE as PART of the deal like other clubs have done?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:19[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

Hello old chum.

The plans will be on public display Friday and Saturday. There is also a press conference tomorrow morning. Not much secrecy there.

Anyhow, as part of the deal the club will be given land behind the Fratton end and the North stand, land which means both can be redeveloped, rebuilt or whatever.

The money for such a scheme comes from the developers and will be kept in an escrow account.

Incidentally, the land was not Pompey's to sell. It was Gaydamak's and then the administrators of that (not PKF/BDO).

So there is no reason why Pompey should be given money and land in the first place as part of any deal.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:20[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Guest - POMPEY FAN

....Oh I know it's because Stuart Robinson wanted to make a pretty penny out of his property deal and doesn't give a fig about Pompey fans....shocking start to PST tenure - getting the biggest decision of a generation wrong. League 2 club with Non-league amateurs running it.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:21[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

See my reply above. If the money can be helped to redevelop Fratton Park then it has to be applauded.

Also as part of the agreement, Stuart Robinson lent the Trust money in order to buy the club. Money they will pay back in August.

If he hadn't then today the Trust would not be in charge.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:28[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE=width: 504]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Guest - POMPEY FAN

BTW - Which architect's company has signed up to work on the plans? ONLY THE RIDDLE - a PST board member...yet more jobs for the boys[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by trousers

[TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Rallyboy

Another saints fan here. Just want to echo the sentiments posted previously. We all know Pompey's problems weren't caused by the fans and its great to see you leading the way in fan owned clubs. Too many saints fans are just jealous of your cup win. Good luck next season and you'll be back in the PL soon[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:29[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

Thank you very much Rallyboy![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:31[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Sam

Afternoon Neil, any inside info on why the new club shop at the ground is having delays? Is it the problems of old legacies (admins of Kappa?) or a more immediate lack of cash flow?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:32[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

It is to do with Sondico, I am told.

Extremely frustrating but hopefully it will be sorted soon.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:37

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From N Cortese

I have to question the professionalism of the Pompey Trust, only charging £35 for their shirts. We at Southtampon are proud of our £50 Adidas shirt, modelled on the famous designs of the mighty Bristol City. I can give you the numer of Adidas senior football man, Herr Vigo, to pass on to Micah Hall if he is interested[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:40[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Edna

Will there be parking space for my mobility scooter at Fratton Park once the new Tesco has been built? #worried[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:40

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From SaintsWeb Reporter

Hello Neil, have you had the time to check out our 80,000 post thread on Pompey? we've run out of stories recently so we're just clutching at straws. Do you have any bad news we can spend hours discussing?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Rallyboy

Another saints fan here. Just want to echo the sentiments posted previously. We all know Pompey's problems weren't caused by the fans and its great to see you leading the way in fan owned clubs. Too many saints fans are just jealous of your cup win. Good luck next season and you'll be back in the PL soon[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:29[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

Thank you very much Rallyboy![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This is scarily subtle trolling from somebody or our favoutite son has gone over to the dark side or received a blow to the head.....

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:40[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Edna

Will there be parking space for my mobility scooter at Fratton Park once the new Tesco has been built? #worried[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Panic over, thank God for that.

jpbqjt.jpg

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:46[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Trousers

I'm just casually copy and pasting everything on here to our amazing thread over on SaintsWeb, feel free to read our desperate straw clutching.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

:toppa:

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:46[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Trousers

I'm just casually copy and pasting everything on here to our amazing thread over on SaintsWeb, feel free to read our desperate straw clutching.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

:toppa:

But don't worry this obsession is only one way!

the laughs keep coming.

I'm not sure whether I should be flattered or worried.

To avoid any doubt, the real Rallyboy doesn't linedance, he doesn't watch soap operas, he doesn't do ironing - and he certainly doesn't post on The News.

:)

Though RB is amused that those who dismiss this thread as the obsessive work of jealous Nutjobs have obviously spent much time on here themselves, have created a News identity, then gone to the trouble of eloquently posting in the traditional style of the average lucky heather-pedalling, truth-denying, sister-bothering, myth-spreading, terminally-deluded, fatty-handed, clock-stealing, fortress-abandoning pluckster, that we have all come to recognise.

Yes, it is indeed envy that drives this ungainly beast of a thread. :lol:

And for those visitors researching their next News post, personally I would like to see more of my hard-earned season ticket money spent on prostitutes and poor players, and a few more bank notes ripped from the little fingers of dying kids, in my name, while I stand alongside applauding, but you can't have everything.

Unlike history, where you can ignore the debt but retain the spoils, and hope that no one has noticed.

...Nearly 90,000 posts would suggest that a few people have noticed. :)

And that's what makes the webchat format so entertaining - history is rewritten, PR is spun, the easily-led are rounded up, facts are dodged, and the Trust glosses over difficult questions faster than a culturally-dim council jobsworth paints over a Banksy.

Has anyone mentioned the planning precedent that having a tesco built on krap nottarf would make. Those developers are cunning, the few now WANT a supermarket built on their hallowed ground. Now the developers slowly pull the plug by draining the club. Then once the club is no more they can develop the rest of the ground. How could the council say no, with tesco already there.

Has anyone mentioned the planning precedent that having a tesco built on krap nottarf would make. Those developers are cunning, the few now WANT a supermarket built on their hallowed ground. Now the developers slowly pull the plug by draining the club. Then once the club is no more they can develop the rest of the ground. How could the council say no, with tesco already there.

:facepalm:

That

has

been

their

plan

all

along

1290543677.jpg

article-1243828-07E2FA25000005DC-436_964x447.jpg

What I don't get about this, is that they have a ground, there is literally NOTHING on the site they want to put the Tescos on, and it is of sufficient size that they could put a bigger stadium on it.

Ignoring for a second the zillion reasons they should not build a new ground, can't afford it, won't fill it, their league status, budget, lack of fans, etc. and focusing only on the practicalities of actual stadium size and land they can use, looking at the overhead view from that newspaper article, they could "easily" build a stadium at 90 degrees to the current one, using areas 2 and 3 which it seems they own (or at least Stuart Robinson, property developer, owns).

So why wouldn't they build 2/3rds of a completely new ground it on the area 2 lanitch running top to bottom as represented in the newspaper article) whilst leaving the old stadium in place, with the pitch backing right up against the back of the Fratton stand in one corner, then once the 2/3rds of massive new 40k ground is open and teeming with the bestest, they can knock down the old ground and build the last 1/3rd of the new one, and put the f'cking Tesco on the site of the current ground, giving their landowner the development he wants ? They can run access to the car park past the top stand to the old Fratton site and the existing car park...

Back to reality :

1) They can't afford to build a 40k stadium full stop anyway

2) They have no reason to want to in a league when they'll never fill the current ground and can barely afford to keep up maintenance on it

3) Robinson doesn't want to swap his land for Fratton

4) Fratton can't be sold for development anyway... can it ?

5) Robinson doesn't want to wait to get his Tesco go ahead

Edited by The9

And I wonder how they're going to cope with parking. People pretending to shop at Tesco so that they don't have to walk very far to the ****hole?

MKDons seem to cope, ASDA basically built their ground for them, and they still have a car park which doesn't allow Stadium parking for next door on match days... plus as this thread just proved with actual factual stats, they have more away fans to cope with than Portsmouth do.

:facepalm:

That

has

been

their

plan

all

along

What a load of tosh..... You don't half speak some ********.

There is no way in the world that Tesco are developing to either put pompey out of business or hope they go out of business.

The deal is good for all Tescos and Robinson.... the trust get a few quid as well.

Laugh at them for what they are......There is more that enough to go round......... We don't need to make stuff up.

Back to reality :

1) ...

2) ...

3) Robinson doesn't want to swap his land for Fratton

4) ...

5) ...

If they don't pay him back around £1½M next month, he'll find himself the proud owner of a decrepit football arena as well anyway.

Couple of good bits of skate hypocrisy this week...

Firstly going on about our kit and selling out our identity. Then defending this Tesco's development...

Secondly saying how unlike us they will treat their lower league opponents with respect and not play billy big balls. Cue them telling Oxford they are only getting 1600 tickets because they are such a small club and it's a cup final for them...

Actually of course part of Fratton is being closed due to safety concerns...

What a load of tosh..... You don't half speak some ********.

There is no way in the world that Tesco are developing to either put pompey out of business or hope they go out of business.

The deal is good for all Tescos and Robinson.... the trust get a few quid as well.

Laugh at them for what they are......There is more that enough to go round......... We don't need to make stuff up.

The Plan All Along is to develop the entire Nottarf Site.

All of it.

The only issue is how much money it will cost the Developers WHEN they move the football club and where.

How much it costs is partly down to where they move to. There are plots of land that can be used and got cheap (such as Contaminated land like the old SMS Gas Works) that will be cheaper than a greenfield site for the Developers.

The other cost factor is the capacity they have to build. The Developers will no doubt deep down hope they can get away with a Walsall sized ground.

One year? No. Five Years? Maybe. But they sold their history when they got into bed with people who have money at heart not the clubs' interests.

It ain't rocket science, it ain't ITK, it's been that way since ages, all they had to do was get around the Council's wish to preserve the site. Saving the club with the loan was PR (as well as making some interest)

The Trust just played being 3 Monkeys, they should be playing screw the Developers & making sure that they get the best.

Possibility of reducing frattons capacity due to safety concerns,quelle surprise.....shouldn't effect the attendances really,considering....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/fratton-park-capacity-could-be-reduced-1-5253313

' The council has been a little bit lenient,’ Fortunately for the officer/officers concerned who have been lenient there has not been an incident. That quote would leave a few council safety officers sweating. Luckily the health and safety officers in day to day life are not too lenient elsewhere. i wonder if anyone will be making a complaint about the Portsmouth council being so slapdash just because it is a football club?

Trouble with a new ground is true cost. We spent £30 odd million, 33000 capacity. Ten years later it cos Brighton £90 odd million for 22000 seats. What is it going to cost to build even 15000 in another five years, even if the land costs nothing. The economics don't work Phil....... Unless the club fold.

Trouble with a new ground is true cost. We spent £30 odd million, 33000 capacity. Ten years later it cos Brighton £90 odd million for 22000 seats. What is it going to cost to build even 15000 in another five years, even if the land costs nothing. The economics don't work Phil....... Unless the club fold.

And who hold charges against Fatpipes at the moment? :ninja:

Message for Steve Grant, i sent my cheque 10days or so ago and still not been back to Full member can you sort it please? ta

Like the mighty Saints....there is a time when you are old and past it....:)

The time when some of the dead wood has to be off loaded...

:D

Pass any messages to me dad and I will try to get them on...;)

Like the mighty Saints....there is a time when you are old and past it....:)

The time when some of the dead wood has to be off loaded...

:D

Pass any messages to me dad and I will try to get them on...;)

This is my last post of the day lol and am wasting it on you !!! if your post was that you were going to nudge Granty then great and thanks, if not then you are right the deadwood needs to be cut and new fresh growth to appear.

This is my last post of the day lol and am wasting it on you !!! if your post was that you were going to nudge Granty then great and thanks, if not then you are right the deadwood needs to be cut and new fresh growth to appear.

Do not worry Nick.......like all old stock......there is a place for you somewhere..:rolleyes:

I understand the Pompey forum takes old boyz and allows them numerous posts per day...

Us fresh growth are appearing on the SaintsWeb every day.:p

MKDons seem to cope, ASDA basically built their ground for them, and they still have a car park which doesn't allow Stadium parking for next door on match days... plus as this thread just proved with actual factual stats, they have more away fans to cope with than Portsmouth do.

Yes, but MK Dons have almost no home fans, so completely different scenario from Pompey.

Actually no, it's quite similar come to think of it.

Put it this way. Even when under the control of successive owners (Mandick and Gaydamak) who were desperate for a redevelopment scheme, even when they were getting capacity crowds, even when they were getting loads of money through TV deals, even when the property marker was really strong - They still couldn't get a viable scheme going.....

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})