Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

#factlessallen seems to be on the case of the spaz who hid the skate shirt in the building work, stirring some rather ironic indignation on twitter. Apparently the guy won't be paid. Imagine that, a football club not paying for work done...

I can imagine about £150 million instances of a football club not paying up what they owe... in this instance however SFC owes the skate f*ck all as he didnt complete the work to specification, in fact he completely screwed the whole job up along with his career!

The skate seems to be quite boastful about it on twitter, even bragging that he hasnt sent his invoice yet in the breath confirms he will not be paid, all work has to be completely reversed.

PMSL, if only it was old Corpy!

This is the skate mug who will struggle to get any decent work going forward, he seems pretty happy publicising his fifteen minutes of fame

https://twitter.com/MichaelTylerJnr

Just got banned from Scum sites and Leadbitter.

no I was banned from working with leadbitter again. Fair enough. A prank/banter went wrong.

well its been put right now and at our expense. So hopefully thats it.

LOL, the skate is putting a brave face on it but he knows full well how serious it is getting blacklisted by a major construction firm, in that industry he could well be wiped out of work with all major firms for the rest of his days, its common practise:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22817084

LOL, great prank all round, shalala

LOL, whitts best pick his moment well to ask ol champagne iain for some cash to blow on mercenry, maybe about 10pm on a friday night?

Whilst the HNW's are riding the crest of #factless' propaganda crusade the odd bit of money here and there is all good as long as the champers keeps flowing... it wont last forever though, the Wilde times always in with a severe hangover.

‘There are three players we would like to try to do.

‘Massaging it, changing it and looking at ways of doing things, it’s fantastic what people can come up with.

If the HNW individuals are putting their hands in thier pockets then fair enough.

If not then this quote just sums everything up perfectly. Presumably some of the the fantastic things include:

Not paying the PAYE

Not Paying the VAT

Stretching payments to creditors

Spending money that will be needed in the second half of the season now - I'm sure soemthing else will turn up to plug the hole.

Anyway, I'm sure it's all in the budget.

It's been mentioned before, but although selling tickets is a very good thing, selling season tickets isn't. Particularly when most of the phew have bought up at the heavily-discounted early bird prices of around £250 ex VAT (less for kids & concessions). That's an average of less than a tenner a head for Pompey. They really are going to need bumper crowds at every game just to reach their projected income.

We were told (from memory) that they had budgeted on something like 13,500 gates including 8,000 STs. Selling 10,000 discounted STs means they will need around 15,000 average at every game just to meet their projections. I can't see gate money providing a bonus for Guy's player budget.

Michael tyler is one of the thick Pompey fans who filmed the training ground thing and the idiot is bragging about the fact he didn't actually get sacked.

Anyone in need of a plasterer/carpenter soon would love to see how brave he was when confronted with a ' scumma'

We all suspected that they would ignore the budget and the debt, but even I thought they could make it out of July before taking the ******.

If they really are going to rip up their dodgy back-of-envelope, hopeful-in-the-extreme accounting plans already, they are following the exact blueprint of the nasty criminals that they so pluckily shooed away.

Perhaps not though, maybe McInnes will remind Guy of the plan to rebuild the business in a sustainable manner and deny him further funding?

And perhaps, on the very same day, Avram will spy a comely crack addict in a mini skirt and walk directly past without breaking stride....

They have the chance to turn their back on insolvency right now and stick to the budget - but tradition looks alive and well in Portsea.

No doubt the Parachute Payments will justify any overspend.

Because it's not like the council, football creditors, the CVA, or Robinson are owed anything.:scared:

Go on Guy, spend, spend, spend!

The pompey Way.

Michael tyler is one of the thick Pompey fans who filmed the training ground thing and the idiot is bragging about the fact he didn't actually get sacked.

Anyone in need of a plasterer/carpenter soon would love to see how brave he was when confronted with a ' scumma'

He is a fool who will not be effected long term. It was done and has made him a celeb fan. Im sure there are many Saints fans who would do the same,especially if it was likely to make the news

‘I didn’t think there were so many different ways – I am learning all the time!

‘Massaging it, changing it and looking at ways of doing things, it’s fantastic what people can come up with.' It looks that they still are looking for ways to avoid the FL sanctions. i wonder if the FL ever look at such quotes?

I'm sure I heard on Solent that someone advertised 11 donkeys for sale, phoned the number and it was Farton park.

Used this example as typical banter between the fans, I think the shirt thing has gone OTT, should have just removed it and treated the pranksters like childish schoolkids.

It's been mentioned before, but although selling tickets is a very good thing, selling season tickets isn't. Particularly when most of the phew have bought up at the heavily-discounted early bird prices of around £250 ex VAT (less for kids & concessions). That's an average of less than a tenner a head for Pompey. They really are going to need bumper crowds at every game just to reach their projected income.

We were told (from memory) that they had budgeted on something like 13,500 gates including 8,000 STs. Selling 10,000 discounted STs means they will need around 15,000 average at every game just to meet their projections. I can't see gate money providing a bonus for Guy's player budget.

And that number of season tickets includes those who bought the lifetime season tickets during Mandaric reign.....they're not contributing a bean...

you have no idea of the actual figures budgeted for and whether the discounted figures were already in the business plan pre takeover - your guessing plain and simple

you have no idea of the actual figures budgeted for and whether the discounted figures were already in the business plan pre takeover - your guessing plain and simple

Do you know the figures? Have they even been released?

It's educated guesses vs. mob mentality ;)

@PennyMordauntMP: Really looking forward to Fans' Day tomorrow. My chance to say thank u. Hope sun is shining and to see loads of u there!! #Pompey #PST #PFC

@mickwill: @PennyMordauntMP Also our chance to thank you for all of your help, Penny! It really was a true community effort that save our club #Pompey

Ah, the usual Pompey blinkers get another airing... Mick/Penny, let me remind you of the main reason the club survived....it was the reluctant acceptance of two derisory CVAs (neither of which have yet to be settled) by the creditors that the club ripped off to the tune of c.£150m that kept you afloat.

That carpet you continue to sweep the inconvenient truth under must be almost touching the ceiling by now...

Pompey: selectively airbrushing history since 2009

you have no idea of the actual figures budgeted for and whether the discounted figures were already in the business plan pre-takeover

Any chance you could post a link to the latest incarnation of the business plan? Thanks.

I was wandering down tonight for a pint in my little 'Ampshire village when this van pulled out of a side road in front of me. I saw the Pompey stickers, the PFC licence plate and had a quiet laugh and a chorus of 'Blue Square' (to a well known air [blue Moon] ), then saw 'The Petersfield Boookshop' sign on the side, and felt all durty...

.. and neither do you, and you're the one who should be concerned. We're only here for the entertainment..

.. and neither do you, and you're the one who should be concerned. We're only here for the entertainment..

If it works out it works out, if not then so be it. The HNW investors are businessmen - Mr Williams has a successful business - I am sure they know how to come up with a business plan and I am sure they would of accounted for discounted season tickets pre takeover as they would of had to put some projections together.

I do not expect the board or PST to start banding around figures to be honest - its a business and ergo will have some things that are confidential. The accounts at the end of the year will tell their own story

Either way this is much more pallatable than Chanrai and the other ****ers that have been around for 5+ years

I was wandering down tonight for a pint in my little 'Ampshire village when this van pulled out of a side road in front of me. I saw the Pompey stickers, the PFC licence plate and had a quiet laugh and a chorus of 'Blue Square' (to a well known air [blue Moon] ), then saw 'The Petersfield Boookshop' sign on the side, and felt all durty...

Come on Sue, tell us more. Did you get all durty?

I The accounts at the end of the year will tell their own story

The accounts from the end of the last year that haven't been published yet tell their own story ;)

Of course if I were a skate, I wouldn't be worried either, after all the PST spin doctor told us over and over not to worry because everything was in the biznezz plan, no matter how many issues were raised they were all covered. That would definitely not be ringing alarm bells for me, no sir, no way.

Mero old boy, the problem is that the Trust has failed to live up to the new transparent era that was promised, no one expects sensitive info to be released but the club has been partly saved by people donating their £1000, and those people could expect to be given a few more basic facts.

It has been made very clear that sustainability is the key, you may have noticed that the club nearly went to the wall through overspending, twice recently.

McInnes set a budget in stone, the bloke from Bury assured everyone that he would not break that budget, it all sounded very sensible for a week or two.

Now they are talking about overspending, and we haven't got into August - Guy is turning into Cotterill/Appleton, let's hope he can continue to replicate their heroic records.

So what became of the sensible spending approach?

Despite the plucky 10K, there must be little spare cash, and loans need paying back in the next few weeks.

That money in the bank should NOT be burning a hole in the pocket, it is very much needed, quite soon.

but Rallyboy you nutjob, we have 10,000 season ticket holders and Parachute Payments to come...

Indeed, discounted season tickets that will hit the gate receipts long term, and the PPs are more spoken for than a young Elizabeth Taylor.

but the league are watching our every move, they won't allow us to trade insolvently...

Yeah, good luck under their watchful eye, they have allowed two entirely predictable administrations to occur so far.

I see a pattern emerging...

Mero, you normally try and debate in a fair manner, the quotes below are by your manager.

‘I didn’t think there were so many different ways – I am learning all the time!

‘Massaging it, changing it and looking at ways of doing things, it’s fantastic what people can come up with.'

Does that not tell you that yet again the club is looking for ways to avoid the rules of the FL and your own business plan?

Your 3 Amigos know that they need to keep the positive feel going and desperately need you to do well this season,promotion minimum. Therefore they will be desperate to make sure the squad is far too strong not to succeed. The financial rules may not be followed as you are telling us IMHO

Either way this is much more pallatable than Chanrai and the other ****ers that have been around for 5+ years

But they were the people that bought you success, got you to the Premier league, won you cups. Surely you should be thanking them.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I see that their 'bespoke' kit featuring a wave to emphasise their naval history is in fact a copy of Dagenham's current kit. Causing quite a stir amongst pompey fans. Also another debate about the fact that season ticket holders can buy two tickets before anyone else for cup games. Seems mightily unfair...

ajynanus.jpg

Edited by hypochondriac

I can only assume that the game was too big for the ref, and that lowly little Charlton gave it everything in their big cup final.

No panic, that squad will be ripping up League Two before you can say what chance have the football creditors of being paid out of the next batch of parachute payments as agreed?

@officialpompey: Attendance: 8,557 (599 Charlton fans) #Pompey”. Outstanding crowd hats off

Wasn't it 'pay what you want'. It would be interesting to see just how much they did pay. I fully expect the club to release the figures tomorrow in the me spirit of openness.

See that plucky Braintree Town, who eked out a 0-0 draw with the mighty Pompey were so overwhelmed by the game that they gave up the ghost in the next fixture and were walloped 4-1 at home by little old Colchester Town, albeit a League One side of some standing

I see that their 'bespoke' kit featuring a wave to emphasise their naval history is in fact a copy of Dagenham's current kit. Causing quite a stir amongst pompey fans. Also another debate about the fact that season ticket holders can buy two tickets before anyone else for cup games. Seems mightily unfair...

ajynanus.jpg

As Vandanel ARE Sondico, so this is no massive surprise. In fact the only shock to me is that Torquay's kit vote for their new Sondico kit (which came around at the end of last season before the Skates had even been taken over) didn't contain that template as an option :

Torquay-United-13-14-Sondico-Home-Shirt-Vote.jpg

Still waiting to see whether the mighty Chelmsford City end up with the same "unique" shirt but in maroon... besides, of course it's bespoke, it's got their badge on it.

Other Vandanel 2012/13 teams you may wish to keep a look out for are :

Yeovil, Port Vale, Annan Athletic, Gillingham, Gateshead, Drogheda, Rhyl, and Bishop's Stortford.

Quick bit of research : Drogheda are now wearing Nike, and Gillingham's kits aren't the same style.

Edited by The9

Surprised there's no build up to tonight's huge "we all 'ate the Scummahs" game at Bournemouth. If people weren't all queued out overnight on their deckchairs for tickets to this then there's something wrong with them.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})