Merchandising income up 1680%!!! #pompey

Retweeted by Colin Farmery

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Olly Birch ‏@ollybirchpfc 3m

Advertising up 128% #pompey

Expand

Olly Birch ‏@ollybirchpfc 3m

Hospitality income already up 41% on the whole of last season without even playing a game! #pompey

Expand

Olly Birch ‏@ollybirchpfc 6m

Sponsorship income up 99% #pompey

compared against the declared figures to the tax man , rather than the real income figures

compared against the declared figures to the tax man , rather than the real income figures

Good point. I seem to recall 'Cash was King' during the last admin. Guess that's why the players were in the box office... earning their 'bonuses' (or was that the season before?).

There`s a bit in The Mirror today discussing all the league 2 teams. When it comes to pompey they say this

"A fresh start for a huge club fallen on hard times, they`ve sold more than 10k season tickets and the new supporters trust have big plans to redevelop Fratton Park. The squad is still inexperienced though. Can they handle the pressure?"

I thought this was amusing and worth repeating, especially the big plans bit!

There`s a bit in The Mirror today discussing all the league 2 teams. When it comes to pompey they say this

"A fresh start for a huge club fallen on hard times, they`ve sold more than 10k season tickets and the new supporters trust have big plans to redevelop Fratton Park. The squad is still inexperienced though. Can they handle the pressure?"

I thought this was amusing and worth repeating, especially the big plans bit!

Yes, the plans were big. But that was because somebody hadn't got the hang of differentiating between metric and imperial, just like that idiot on The Apprentice when he tried to order that flag in Dubai. The problem has since been remedied and the plans are of much more manageable proportions now, at back of fag packet size.

Portsmouth FC ‏@officialpompey 5m

Full time: #Pompey 0 Rayo Vallecano 2

yep! whitters is consistent,(the c**t) still weekend games a sell out, 18500 HnS have slashed the gate, could be summert to do with the tesco burger bar plans,:rolleyes:

Rayo who?

Stars of La Liga last season, where Michu came from. Would have felt at home, their ground is no better but (sorry skates) their fans are more passionate.

And we have been watching a couple of their players including their Brazilian number 9.

Little matter of Rayo being excluded from Europe due to failing to meet UEFA regulations as they're fighting bankrupcy and were in some kind of Spanish creditor dispute... anyone guessing why Pompey see them as kindred spirits ?

I bet the Skates were furious with their white shirts with red sash as well, probably called them Scummahs or something, seeing as that was what we were wearing the last time most of their 250,000 fans saw them play us.

Vallecano: Cobeno, Galvez, Adrian, Jose Carlos, Roberto Trashorras, Rida, Mario, Anaitz Arbilla, Saballs, Mojica, Perea.

Subs: Ruben, Tito, Nacho, Raul Baena, Cristian, Lass, Isi, Saul, Juanito, Pape Maly Diamanka, Rafa Garcia, Ismael, Alberto.

Last game of the season v Athletic Bilbao :

1. Ruben (sub)

5. Galvez, Alex (started)

9. Carlos, Jose (started)

10. Piti NO

11. Dominguez, Alejandro NO

14. Arbilla, Anaitz (started)

17. Trashorras, Roberto (started)

18. Fuego, Javi NO

20. Vazquez, Franco NO

22. Figueras, Jordi NO

38. Nacho Martinez (sub)

So plucky Pompey faced a side containing all of FOUR La Liga players from Rayo's last match of last season. They came 8th btw.

The Skates start next weekend, with Rayo's first game two weeks later... so you'd hope they were a bit further along with their fitness too. But they still lost, bless 'em.

Oh yeah, and I bought a ticket for Newport v Accrington next week. :)

It seems that fatpipes has had its capacity reduced due to health and safety.

Surprising to see them chasing more signings when there are such infrastructure issues.

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=506141

it is alright the council turning a blind eye to the fact that the ground is not safe,but if anything did happen what then? It is not correct that a football club is able to fly against the rules wheras any other business cannot...I know its Pompey and rules dont count

With the current amount of spin about corporate sales and sponsorship being way higher than when Chinny was in control, I presume this is just reducing the size of the ground to meet the tickets sold, thus allowing a claim of 90% soldout!

If the remainder don't go, they can close the rest of the ground and technically call it a sellout.

In their hour of need when they spectacularly failed to pack-the-park they should have just reduced the capacity.

Jobs a goodun.

In fact that idea of mine is 24% up on the same idea I had for the whole of last season, and way above what I projected it would be - fantastic news!

Let's spend some money on the back of that obvious success.

The fat still flows, lubricating the wheels of spin.

It seems that fatpipes has had its capacity reduced due to health and safety.

Surprising to see them chasing more signings when there are such infrastructure issues.

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=506141

Hilarious, Robinson and Tesco landlock them in exchange for a slap of concrete outside the ground, all whilst they lose thousands from their capacity.

They celebrate a multinational company taking away the last piece of commercially viable development property, whilst the ground crumbles within..

They embrace Whitts and the mockney ceo driving the trust bus through the transparent business plan, as their only asset, the one that meant more to them than anything else in front of the judge, gets shut down for gross failings in ensuring public safety.

A waste management company is slapping logos on the seats, while the safety manager tapes off a couple of thousand others with 'warning - do not enter'

They will really need to make that £250 PW maintenence budget stretch for them, unless rocha is having that too?

Well done pfc.

So there has historically been "no budget" for repairs and maintenance.

Luckily season ticket and "corporate" (lol) sales have been ahead of expectations, allowing the new management team to increase some expenditure budgets.

Now which budget should the new management team choose to boost with this new found windwall...?

D'oh!

Apparently these are notes from a recent shareholder meeting:

Shareholding:

- 2,061 community shareholders in PST enabling PST to invest £2.47m in shares in PCFC giving a 57% shareholding as it stands.

- 11 Presidents (HNWI) investing £1.65m

- There are still £110,000 community shares to be processed. 350 £100 pledges still to be converted but none have asked for their £100 back.

- Current share issue to run to December with a business scheme for community shares about to start - ie getting local businesses to buy group community shares.

Club Business Achievements:

- New website that makes money creating a new revenue stream

- New ticketing system that will make us more money than the old one by saving us a high 6 figure sum over 5 years

- New kit manufacturer in a deal that will bring in a high 6 figure sum of guaranteed revenue. 5 year deal with a 3rd year break clause. Sondico deal has allowed increase in player budget

- New shop scheduled to open this week

- Refurbished lounges, kiosks, all catering insourced, new staff.

- 10,300 season tickets sold

- New sponsors

- New programme

Increased Revenue

- Sponsorship income up 90%

- Hospitality income already up 41% on all of last season - still more to come over the season

- Advertising income up 128%

- Merchandising income up 1680% (admitedly from very low base)

Costs cut

- Overheads down 10%

- Indirect costs (no idea what these are) down 15%

- Wages down 7.5% (Not sure if this includes players - I suspect not)

Player budget

Currently our wages to turnover ratio is 34% against the 55% the Lg 2 SCMP allows us. We target in furure years to get 55% of every penny that comes into the club onto the pitch.

Nothing can possibly go wrong I tell you!

Shareholder meeting notes appear to be the sort of notes scribbled down but lacking a lot of substance..

May I be so bold as to say.... the sort of notes scribbled on the back of fag packet..

Transparency test will be delayed until further notice....:rolleyes:

Now would I be 90% right or only 50% right?

Or could I be 50% guess work or even 70% out?

Or am I talking bolux as usual:D

I could have even written the notes at that particular shareholders meeting:p

Edited by ottery st mary

If the PST are investing £2.47m and the HNWI's £1.65m (Total £4.12m)

Then why are the PST receiving 57% and not 60%? (2.47/4.12=0.5995)

#Pompey mafs.

Because, as usual the Pompey Maffs do not add up!

It appears that the £2.47m also includes the £110,000 that hasn't been converted yet. For some odd reason they have included the £110,000 into the headline figure of £2.47m, but haven't included it in the PST percentage. Unsure why it would be included in one but not the other, but hey, it's not like the skates to massage figures is it ;) (247m - 0.11m / 4.12m = 57% ish).

I do like the way that those are the only figures they have actually produced and they still don't add up.

The rest is all just percentages, which frankly are meaningless if they don't provide the actual figures that they are a percentage of!

so few shares, so many shareholders.

The bulk of that investment was donation, and some still don't realise as they didn't read the small print.

Their grand is being chucked into the pockets of journeyman footballers, even as the arena itself crumbles around them.

Infrastructure, sustainability, transparency.

The Holy Trinity on a seemingly godless island.

It is, of course, more spin. Interesting that they quote £££'s where they think that will impress the phew, and %%%'s where the £££'s won't.

The actual numbers are fading in my memory, but what I think is interesting is that the HNW's have "invested" £1.65m. I remember that they have put quite a bit more than that in. They were subsidising the running costs for quite a while last season. So that is likely to mean that despite the PDT's 57% majority shareholding, the HNW's still have control of the Board, and the rest of the HNW's cash is in the form of "shareholder's loans", presumably repayable and with some form of security.

It also strikes me that the total amount "invested" is not far away from the amount of the PCC loan + the Robinson loan + the Chainrai settlement + the CVA. All of that is effectively gone, so they actually have no investment for their future, and have to run the club with income from cut price season tickets and a few stragglers. But they get the bins emptied free, and they've got "four whole years" to pay the player compromise agreements. It really is paramount that they stick to their budgets and keep their costs as low as possible if they want to stay solvent :D

p.s. it's worth bearing in mind that the amount of the player compromise agreements is equal to approximately the WHOLE season ticket income from 10,000 season tickets for the next FOUR seasons. Just in case they're tempted to use the parachute payment money for anything else. Will they be tempted? Nah, 'course not.

Edited by hutch

@NabilHassan79: #pompey v #oufc is a sell out. So that's 18,200 tickets gone. Club trying to create more space to meet extra demand. Well done to all at PST

@NabilHassan79: #pompey now looking to increase capacity at Fratton Park to meet demand for rest of the season with over 10,000 season tickets also sold.

@NabilHassan79: #pompey v #oufc is a sell out. So that's 18,200 tickets gone. Club trying to create more space to meet extra demand. Well done to all at PST

@NabilHassan79: #pompey now looking to increase capacity at Fratton Park to meet demand for rest of the season with over 10,000 season tickets also sold.

Hats off to them, that's an excellent start. But let's see how many they get come a wet Tuesday evening in February if the results aren't going their way.

Sell out! :lol:

Trying to create more space?

The ground is full, or it isn't, make up your mind.

18,200 is a great effort, but let's not pretend that they haven't in the past few days just reduced the capacity to the exact number sold, and are calling it a sell-out!

If we are struggling to sell the last 1,000 at SMS just close off a block and we'll call it capacity.

Or perhaps we don't bother spouting off in the media about little victories.

Ricardo Rocha ‏@R3Rocha 6m

Thank you to all the fans for their amazing support through the time I spent here. It was a pleasure and really special even with all the Problems surrounding the club. Now it's a new era and as a fan I wish all the best to the club for the future. Nothing to do with money but Other issues unfortunately, life goes on for me and everyone. The club will always be in our family heart. Hope one day we can return.

Portsmouth FC ‏@officialpompey 3h

Share your #Pompey hopes for the 2013/14 season and we'll use a selection in Saturday's programme. Use #OxfordProg

Steve Kneller ‏@steveoknells 1h

@officialpompey my hopes for Pompey in 2013/14 are for security, stability and investment in youth #OxfordProg

Pompey Royal ‏@Pompey_Royal 2h

A season of football. That's all. No mention of courts, administration or points deductions. Just football ......and promotion! #OxfordProg

Jack Rubio ‏@RubioJack 2h

I want to see us make the play off final for another Wembley sellout! PUP #OxfordProg

Jonny Barrett ‏@BarrettJonny 2h

@officialpompey Having a season I can be certain we'll finish #Pompey #OxfordProg

Sophie Jones ‏@Sophie_1Dxx 2h

@officialpompey To hopefully win the league and see some of the new signings play and maybe even some of the academy boys #OxfordProg

Thomas Martin ‏@shadowm13 3h

@officialpompey #OxfordProg promotion - plain and simple. Need to see Pompey back at the top!

They 'hope' for things like stability and investment in youth but this is Portsmouth... we all know what will happen when the board are given the choice between giving the academy a cash investment or splashing the cash on a new signing. It's the Pompey Way. And when they're languishing in 20th place after a defeat at Morecambe, I wonder if the fans will continue to demand investing in the youth.

Portsmouth FC ‏@officialpompey 3h

Share your #Pompey hopes for the 2013/14 season and we'll use a selection in Saturday's programme. Use #OxfordProg

Steve Kneller ‏@steveoknells 1h

@officialpompey my hopes for Pompey in 2013/14 are for security, stability and investment in youth #OxfordProg

Pompey Royal ‏@Pompey_Royal 2h

A season of football. That's all. No mention of courts, administration or points deductions. Just football ......and promotion! #OxfordProg

I want to see us make the play off final for another Wembley sellout! PUP #OxfordProg

Jonny Barrett ‏@BarrettJonny 2h

@officialpompey Having a season I can be certain we'll finish #Pompey #OxfordProg

@officialpompey To hopefully win the league and see some of the new signings play and maybe even some of the academy boys #OxfordProg

@officialpompey #OxfordProg promotion - plain and simple. Need to see Pompey back at the top!

They 'hope' for things like stability and investment in youth but this is Portsmouth... we all know what will happen when the board are given the choice between giving the academy a cash investment or splashing the cash on a new signing. It's the Pompey Way. And when they're languishing in 20th place after a defeat at Morecambe, I wonder if the fans will continue to demand investing in the youth.

Ah, Morecambe. I remember it well - the run-down boarding houses, the endless mud flats; the place where, when people die, they don't bury them: they stand them in line at bus stops and put Bingo tickets in their mouths. Now why should that remind me of Portsea Island?

Most of them don't though...

Not sure if its been mentioned (can't be arsed to look) but they are going uber happy-clappy recently.

First this Bird song

Then the Bird DANCE!!

Now they want ticker tape and cards to hold up at games.

To think how much stick they gave us for the "gay wave". They're taking it to a new level.

But it's okay, they're setting the standard for how fans and football should be....if you believe their own hype as much as they do.

Not sure if its been mentioned (can't be arsed to look) but they are going uber happy-clappy recently.

First this Bird song

Then the Bird DANCE!!

Now they want ticker tape and cards to hold up at games.

To think how much stick they gave us for the "gay wave". They're taking it to a new level.

But it's okay, they're setting the standard for how fans and football should be....if you believe their own hype as much as they do.

I wouldnt be concerned, the hilarity and hypocrisy is pretty much exclusively for us nutjobs now..

15-30 seconds of footage each week on the Football League Show (if they are lucky), and a live match against Accrington Stanley.

TCWTB still the official symbol of pompey, LOL.

15-30 seconds of footage each week on the Football League Show (if they are lucky), and a live match against Accrington Stanley.

Let's hope so, would love to see Beatts and co beat them and recreate his cupped-ear celebration in front of their fans... wishful thinking perhaps, but how funny would that be?

It seems they have reduced the capacity by 2000 due to safety reasons, but are now trying to get the work done to get the capacity back up

Can't see the point of expansion at the moment as they were bound to get a full house in the first match anyway (Oxford have sold out the away end too!) owing to the 'feelgood factor' etc..

Sensible business people would surely let things settle and take a mean average after say, 3 to 6 months, rather than have a kneejerk reaction to what is (probably) an exceptional set of circumstances !

I really will wet my pants if they lose their first 3 or 4 matches :)