Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/politics/fans-give-positive-response-to-tesco-plans-at-ground-1-5256600

"POMPEY fans have given their support to plans to build a new Tesco store and revamp parts of Fratton Park."

Or have they...?

- What happened to the other article on this? seems to have mysteriously been removed once the negative comments started. makes you wonder about the bias of the paper given the tone of this article. As I asked on the old article before it was removed are these plans not available to look at online? if not why not? surely it's not that difficult in this day and age.

- What an unbalanced article - Like thousands of others I am 100% against this proposal. I don't care if you build a Tesco, Sainsbury's or IKEA on the site BUT THE TIME MUST BE RIGHT. And that time is only once Fratton Park is ready to be redeveloped into a 21st Century Stadium as part of the deal. All this talk of money for the club is just a 'swetener' to buy the clubs support of the scheme with Portsmouth City Council. And before we know it the 'sweetner' will just be consumed into the clubs funds.Lets say no, wait until the whole ground is ready to be redeveloped and then do a deal, planning permission on this land which is one of few prime brownfield sites left in the south of the city are worth millions. JUST SAY 'NOT YET' PORTSMOUTH CITY COUNCIL UNTIL THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE WHOLE GROUND IS INCLUDED AS PART OF THE SCHEME.

- This really stinks... It appears the NEWS are desperately attempting to put a positive spin on this story, and you have to wonder why!... Something definitely not right here...WHAT?????

On the page you have just taken off people are questioning this whole deal!!! It's new up, and you took it off. Why have you done that and then put this up with that headline?

It's robinson lining his pockets and our ground crumbling and people just carry on regardless. Thought the PST were against people being able to line their pockets...This whole thing stinks, bet he hasn't put any money into Spurs new ground scheme, no land to sell and make a mint.

- The News were going to run this story with that headline regardless, so cherry-picking a couple of ultimately irrelevant musings by a couple of pensioners says nothing of any value.

- How can you state it is a significant sum? What is a significant sum?? How much is this rugby loving man from S????ampton getting and how much is he giving the club. Robinson will end up with more money than half the recent owners did out of our club, with the Trust's blessing of course. Come on come clean.... How much does he make and how much does our club get? If it is just £2 million then that is hardly going to re-develop Fratton Park and will soon disappear in the maintenance costs to get next season's safety certificate.

Hark....what's that I hear....? Dissension in the ranks? Accusations of local news bias? Didn't take long...

Edited by trousers

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/politics/fans-give-positive-response-to-tesco-plans-at-ground-1-5256600

"POMPEY fans have given their support to plans to build a new Tesco store and revamp parts of Fratton Park."

Or have they...?

[/size]

Hark....what's that I hear....? Dissension in the ranks? Accusations of local news bias? Didn't take long...

Robinson has gone full swing on the hero-villain-ometer.. and they still owe him millions, due imminently, for the pleasure of it all.

Shame we didn't see that coming on here eh?!

Who has a charge on Fatpipes?

It's quicker to list those that don't!

The council want their money back very soon so any income would be gratefully snatched by the Trust.

Think of us when we had to write off millions on the Theo deal for short term gain, pompey must be desperate for any amount from the Tesco gig, but it has to happen soon.

Has Robinson shuffled them into a corner where he can now say, tell you what, as you can't afford to pay back my loan next month, I'll call it a donation to your redevelopment fund and we are quits.

Or I can always call in my security, thus frightening the council, before I chuck you debt-riddled ****ers out on the street?

That is assuming that their cashflow is a little stretched by the slow take up of plucky season tickets by the 'faithful'.

Though I like the new strategy.

Unable to sell out your ground?

Reduce the number of seats until you hit the number of people who can be bothered to attend - thus ensuring a sellout!

Anyone know how many season tickets they have sold now in their 'record breaking' off season for season ticket sales?

I'll wager it's not a great deal more than 7k....

Their CEO Mark Catlin said today it was around 8,200. They harp on about how magnificent that is, but they are now owned by the fans, a new dawn for the club free from the owners they complained about and have very cheap prices - so 8,200 even in League 2 for a club that claims to be bigger than us isn't impressive. With Saints on -10 points in League 1 we had significantly more than 8,200 season icket holders and average nearly 21,000.

Don't Lower League clubs have the ability to have terraces? Seem to remember many on here enjoying their away days in L1 because they could stand.

Perhaps the safety/cash flow concerns at pluckypfc could be solved by lumping in the farton end to Tescos and removing the seating at the other end for the 2,000 faithful to stand every match.

They won't need seating for many years so it makes sense

Their CEO Mark Catlin said today it was around 8,200. They harp on about how magnificent that is, but they are now owned by the fans, a new dawn for the club free from the owners they complained about and have very cheap prices - so 8,200 even in League 2 for a club that claims to be bigger than us isn't impressive. With Saints on -10 points in League 1 we had significantly more than 8,200 season icket holders and average nearly 21,000.

Are they? Skate at work says he owns a share in the "club" as he put his £1,000 in, I asked him to show me the share certificate but, of course, he hasn't got one. So how can the club be owned by the fans when there's no paperwork saying this.

Which begs the question, if there is paperwork stating exactly who owns the "club", whose name is on that paperwork?

I know this will have been answered somewhere in this thread but, as I'm in my mid 50's, I don't think I've got enough life left to trawl through the thread!

Which begs the question, if there is paperwork stating exactly who owns the "club", whose name is on that paperwork?

Sorry mate, but that sort of information is commercially sensitive, and can't be released for legal reasons.

Apparently.

it also says Fratton Park not PFC

Which, technically, is a lie.

Until they actually pay any money for it, Jurrasic Park is owned by Mr Robinson and the council and all the other people who have a 'charge' over it.

PFC on the other hand is owned by Pompey fans - again not the fans of pompey :D

So, who wanted this thread closed down?

There is practically no chance of Robinson or the Council not getting their loans repaid as those sums are coming out of the next parachute payment - funds which our ethically correct neighbours knew were originally promised to the players who reached compromise agreements with the club to save them from extinction.

And the new era of transparency continues with the failure to publish the agreement with Chinnery, and a squalid little under the table agreement with Robinson which our favourite investigate reporter is happy to whitewash through.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but they do seem rather reluctant to settle debts.

Despite the mighty power of the football authorities keeping pompey honest, I'm starting to wonder whether the hero-turned-villian-turned hero-again players will EVER get paid.

As Faz says, their parachute payments are likely to go to property developers, leaving another gaping hole in the future projections.

And those additional PPs are of course generated by the big clubs at the top of the game attracting further TV revenues and helping out the plucky little minnows who have fallen on hard times.

But do we get a thank-you?

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but they do seem rather reluctant to settle debts.

Despite the mighty power of the football authorities keeping pompey honest, I'm starting to wonder whether the hero-turned-villian-turned hero-again players will EVER get paid.

As Faz says, their parachute payments are likely to go to property developers, leaving another gaping hole in the future projections.

And those additional PPs are of course generated by the big clubs at the top of the game attracting further TV revenues and helping out the plucky little minnows who have fallen on hard times.

But do we get a thank-you?

There is indeed a shed load of irony there. It's the wealth of the premier league that has kept the club in existence the last 3 years yet, at every opportunity, they berate the very same institution that's keeping them alive.

Still, it gives us obsessed observers something to chuckle about every now and then.

http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&task=download&id=119:pst-board-membership-policy

Pompey Supporters Trust

Board Membership Policy

Principles of Board Membership

• TB members shall be required to sign a declaration that he/she:

is not subject to a bankruptcy order or has in place a composition with their creditors;

is not subject to a disqualification order made under the Company Directors Disqualification Act;

is or may on the basis of medical evidence be suffering from mental disorder;

does not have a conviction of any indictable offence (other than a spent conviction as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974).

Message for Steve Grant, i sent my cheque 10days or so ago and still not been back to Full member can you sort it please? ta

I think Steve may be waiting for the official announcement that Cheats FC have got away with it before cashing your cheque.

Unfortunately, with only 3 posts per day you'll going to fall even further behind trousers. ;)

perhaps Mr Grant has taken on board the pompey accounting policy and rather than investing in infrastructure to improve the site, he just spent the fiver on something frivolous and now has rickety page-loading and fatty broadband?

He did go on a lengthy pub crawl the other day, perhaps with your fiver burning a hole in his pocket? - though the only way to make your money stretch to that would be for publicans to accept 2p in the pound.....

perhaps Mr Grant has taken on board the pompey accounting policy and rather than investing in infrastructure to improve the site, he just spent the fiver on something frivolous and now has rickety page-loading and fatty broadband?

He did go on a lengthy pub crawl the other day, perhaps with your fiver burning a hole in his pocket? - though the only way to make your money stretch to that would be for publicans to accept 2p in the pound.....

Or of course he could have been on the prowl with Bearsy who'd know all the discount places to go

Lord Palmerston@Lord_Palmerston

@pompeytrust Is anything going to be done about the backlog of board minutes? Important we have this to view before board elections.

Brendon Bone@brendonvbone

@Lord_Palmerston @pompeytrust are there no record from all of the meetings recently? They were on the PST website originally?

@brendonvbone @pompeytrust Nothing since Jan 2012 that I can see. We must have them before the elections.

@Lord_Palmerston @pompeytrust completely agree, impossible for board to be held accountable without them!

Pompey Trust@pompeytrust

@Lord_Palmerston @brendonvbone Please email info@pompeytrust.com with this valid request for the election committee.

@pompeytrust @Lord_Palmerston can't you just pass on the fact that its not done, and needs to be. Massive factor IMO!

@pompeytrust @brendonvbone In the first case, this is about the Trust being in breach of Rule 114, not an Election Committee issue.

Pompey Trust@pompeytrust

@Lord_Palmerston @brendonvbone Twitter is almost certainly not the medium for a serious request like this. Please use info@pompeytrust.com

The PST board minutes 18 months behind? This new age of transparency is off to a good start then...

I think Steve may be waiting for the official announcement that Cheats FC have got away with it before cashing your cheque.

Unfortunately, with only 3 posts per day you'll going to fall even further behind trousers. ;)

i think that announcement was made when Chinny bailed out. Anyway thanks to Ottery Granty was made aware of his mistake overlooking my payment and has now rectified the situation.I can now post more than 3 a day, but Trousers is still way ahead and I think Iam lagging in 4th place. My early efforts when I was in the lead have now been wasted. Had the thread been closed when I first pointed out the fact that Pompey had got away with it I would have walked away with the title....what title i was likely to get is open to interpretation of course. Trousers may have the high post count but Rallyboy has edged his way into history with some of his summaries. Mackrill has become head Skate and is the Murray of the thread, he not one of us,we don't like his attitude but admire the way he has stayed in the game even though things have been very tough.

There is practically no chance of Robinson or the Council not getting their loans repaid as those sums are coming out of the next parachute payment - funds which our ethically correct neighbours knew were originally promised to the players who reached compromise agreements with the club to save them from extinction.

And the new era of transparency continues with the failure to publish the agreement with Chinnery, and a squalid little under the table agreement with Robinson which our favourite investigate reporter is happy to whitewash through.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

The heroes of the famous draw which kept us down, and kept them up.

I wonder if Chinny is still in the mix?

There's another anniversary too...

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen 7m

Happy birthday to me. 6 years ago today I became Chief Sports Writer of The News. And Guy and Macca were the local radio pundits…….. #Pompey

On that basis Neil you will probably be the Director of Football by 2017. Sod coaching badges, you just need to be an average pundit or journeyman local hack to have the right credentials for Pompey.

Happy birthday to me. 6 years ago today I became Chief Sports Writer of The News. And Guy and Macca were the local radio pundits…….. #Pompey

Lovely irony.

Here is another twist to add on the anniversary today - I have been in an Employment Tribunal today and my ex employers wanted to justify booting me out as I spent too long on the Forum. And how did they know i had left the office for good?? I had taken my Matt Le Tiss mug with me!! FF has a lot to answer for causing obsessions in grown men over the last 4 years!!!!!!!!

he makes it sound so important lol. A egg and spoon race at the junior school is now as newsworthy as anything PFC nowadays. Ah for his heady days when he would roll up to Old Trafford with his laptop and ready to write about the PL, now it is off to ?????? (I don't know who,s in the league)

Here is another twist to add on the anniversary today - I have been in an Employment Tribunal today and my ex employers wanted to justify booting me out as I spent too long on the Forum. And how did they know i had left the office for good?? I had taken my Matt Le Tiss mug with me!! FF has a lot to answer for causing obsessions in grown men over the last 4 years!!!!!!!!

Not sure your last sentence is something I should be proud of ? :)

Good to see your career has progressed in the last 6 years, Factless.

LOL

Keep on pushing yourself all the way to the bottom #factless, imagine the lows you will reach if you manage another six years of terminal career decline!

Happy birthday to you indeed, PMSL.

Mike Neasom is probably spinning in his grave.

So, when he was Chief Sports Writer of the local paper covering a Premier League team, would he have changed jobs to become Chief Sports Writer of the local paper covering a League Two club? And (as unlikely as this is, given his journalistic skills) if he were offered the chance now to become Chief Sports Writer of the local paper for a current Premier League club - say Norwich or Stoke - would he be tempted?

Factless, you've just bragged to everyone on Twitter that your career has gone down the pan, just like the club has. You moron. :facepalm:

I hope your salary reflects your new status.

Edited by Torres

So, when he was Chief Sports Writer of the local paper covering a Premier League team, would have have changed jobs to become Chief Sports Writer of the local paper covering a League Two club? And (as unlikely as this is, given his journalistic skills) if he were offered the chance now to become Chief Sports Writer of the local paper for a current Premier League club - say Norwich or Stoke - would he be tempted?

Factless, you've just bragged to everyone on Twitter that your career has gone down the pan, just like the club has. You moron. :facepalm:

I hope your salary reflects your new status.

surely he has higher calls than the PL, Brazil Barcelona, Real Madrid surely need his reporting skills. In fact he is known in some circles as the new Shakespeare, have you read his stuff? His articles would make Pam Ayres look like a country bumpkin

They need as many as possible given they are scheduled to pay Robinson £1.5m next month. Season tickets are about £340 for adults and less than £100 for kids. So if we assume they obtain about £250 for each season ticket their revenue is a whopping £2,250,000. Not much surplus there...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})