Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They need as many as possible given they are scheduled to pay Robinson £1.5m next month. Season tickets are about £340 for adults and less than £100 for kids. So if we assume they obtain about £250 for each season ticket their revenue is a whopping £2,250,000. Not much surplus there...

wasn't it posted on hear that scummer robbo and the council would be squared up by the next parachute payment,

wasn't it posted on hear that scummer robbo and the council would be squared up by the next parachute payment,

Oh come now Mack, you know as well as we do that the next parachute payment has already been spent by champagne mick and his chums.

Pompey, use the parachute payments to pay back some debts, lol.

They need as many as possible given they are scheduled to pay Robinson £1.5m next month. Season tickets are about £340 for adults and less than £100 for kids. So if we assume they obtain about £250 for each season ticket their revenue is a whopping £2,250,000. Not much surplus there...

Don't forget the VAT that they need to pay on the £2.25m. That leaves them with £1.875m, but as it's the land of Portsea that can probably wait till never.

Those chutes are smothered by claimants, the list is endless.

Don't forget the VAT that they need to pay on the £2.25m. That leaves them with £1.875m, but as it's the land of Portsea that can probably wait till never.

They will offset against the £550m PA revenue the new hotdog stand and Tesco-Express will generate in the carpark.

Just watching the second part of that interview where he talks about the 'deal' with Tesco. He's saying that PFC don't have anything tangible to sell to Tesco as part of the supermarket build proposal but what they are selling to Tesco is PFC's cooperation with the planning process and Tesco are making a 'substantial' payment to PFC to buy this "cooperation".

Hall then goes on to say the alternative would be for PFC to not accept the money from Tesco and instead contest the planning process. He said there's no point the club doing that as they would end up with nothing and Tesco would win in the end anyway.

Not sure if any of that is new information or not but first time I've heard it articulated in those terms.

What doesn't seem to add up is that if Hall is publicly saying that there would be no point PFC contesting Tesco's planning request then why would Tesco feel the need to give PFC a "substantial" sum of money to buy their cooperation? All sounds a tad contrived to me....

Just watching the second part of that interview where he talks about the 'deal' with Tesco. He's saying that PFC don't have anything tangible to sell to Tesco as part of the supermarket build proposal but what they are selling to Tesco is PFC's cooperation with the planning process and Tesco are making a 'substantial' payment to PFC to buy this "cooperation".

Hall then goes on to say the alternative would be for PFC to not accept the money from Tesco and instead contest the planning process. He said there's no point the club doing that as they would end up with nothing and Tesco would win in the end anyway.

Not sure if any of that is new information or not but first time I've heard it articulated in those terms.

What doesn't seem to add up is that if Hall is publicly saying that there would be no point PFC contesting Tesco's planning request then why would Tesco feel the need to give PFC a "substantial" sum of money to buy their cooperation? All sounds a tad contrived to me....

It's part of the S106 agreements in the planning application. Developers often make S106 payments to local causes as mitigation against disruption caused by the proposal. It smooths any ruffled feathers and paves the way for the planning committee to wave it through.

Anyone got that YouTube video of the pompey fan at staplewood? Tommy seems to have removed it. Jordan Sibley has confirmed he's been sacked.

Now on the Echo website:

http://t.co/kDmevJodn9

Not a great time to be bulldozing a job and career, silly skate may have even lost the whole contract for the firm, could end up being taken to court by his employers for that.

SHALALA

Now on the Echo website:

http://t.co/kDmevJodn9

Not a great time to be bulldozing a job and career, silly skate may have even lost the whole contract for the firm, could end up being taken to court by his employers for that.

SHALALA

The flip side of that though is that he probably wont find it hard to get work from a skate firm now. Could probably drink out on it for a while as well.

That's fantastic news for creditors, Robinson, and the council, who can all now be paid off immediately as the club is so cash rich.

They are cash rich aren't they?

It isn't that they've banged them out at knockdown prices with six games free to get money in asap, thus leaving no actual matchday ticket sales of any consequence?

I'm sure that wouldn't lead to cashflow problems once the loans have been repaid and there's not much left to cover day-to-day outgoings until next year.

No, I'm sure they are fine.

Let's see if they pack the park, that will be the real test.

10,000 have their cheap tickets sorted, once the plucky lads start ripping up the division the rest will come, the future looks really good.

I'm very jealous.

It's easy to sell season tickets if you price them cheap enough.

Fact is their pricing policy is all about appeasing the hardcore when it should have been aimed at maximising revenue. Maybe they need the cash upfront so have little choice but handing out free games will come at a cost. Their hardcore is probably about 7000 so they would have paid whatever for a ST. 6 games free at say £20 a ticket and they are already chucking away £840,000. Still as long as the mongs are happy, that's all that matters...

..for now

Hats off to them, 10,000 season tickets is an achievement. Just wonder how many of them will keep goi g if the results don't live up to expectations. Guess we'll know by Xmas.
for all the mickey taking 10k s/t sales is very good. Hats off to them and well done. I dont think it is right to criticise that figure as it is higher than most of us would have expected. I also agree that it will be interesting to see how the attendances hold up if they struggle. At present there is hope that they can emulate our success in climbing the leagues, t will come down with a bump if they dont.

The flip side of that though is that he probably wont find it hard to get work from a skate firm now. Could probably drink out on it for a while as well.

Depends if he has been 'blacklisted', which pretty much all but wipes him out of the construction and building trade all together.

If not im sure he can pick up labouring work on the Tescos/Fratton landlock development... if not maybe a position on the fish counter.

Regarding the debt and the cashflow, I forget who they have promised what to and when, I had August in mind for a lot of it?

Robinson

PCC

Chinny ?

Excellent.

Sorry but I can't hold it in much more (by the DE poster st1 halo)

When the day is dawnin'

On a Pompey Wednesday mornin'

How we hoped to stay there

But we’re heading straight for the Blue Square

Ev'ry game is sh1tty, every song is flat

But I love my hist’ry, cos I’m a Pompey ***t

Is this the way to Relegation?

I’ve been stuck in administration

Done some tax manipulation And now League 2 that waits for me.

Show me the way to Relegation

I've been stuck in administration

Cryin' over Relegation

And League 2 that waits for me.

(Chorus for Saints fans)

Sha la la la la la la la

Sha la la la la la la la

Sha la la la la la la la

WTFILN

Westwood’s bell is ringin'

Hear the sound of doom that it's singin'

It’s the Pompey death knell

And the fans who all have a fish smell.

Just beyond the highway

Is a wonderful team

But we can’t be like them

And that just makes me scream

Is this the way to Relegation?

I’ve been stuck in administration

Done some tax manipulation And now League 2 that waits for me.

Show me the way to Relegation

I've been stuck in administration

Cryin' over Relegation

And League 2 that waits for me.

(Chorus for Saints fans – loud and proud)

Sha la la la la la la la

Sha la la la la la la la

Sha la la la la la la la

WTFILN

Sha la la la la la la la

Sha la la la la la la la

Sha la la la la la la la

WTFILN

Sha la la la la la la la

Sha la la la la la la la

Sha la la la la la la la

WTFILN :lol:

@officialpompey: Full time: Braintree 0 #Pompey 0

:lol:

Tsk! Typical skates lining up poor quality opposition so they can rattle up a cricket score as a morale booster for the few. Oh...

Never mind. Perhaps Gibraltar will invite them back...

Braintree must have played out of their skins against the mighty Pompey. It would have been like a Cup Final for them. Even though nothing was riding on it, there was the opportunity to take a glory scalp by winning, one worthy of a footnote in their club's history. In their old age, Braintree fans could have reminisced about the night they beat Pompey. Sadly, it was not to be.

Braintree must have played out of their skins against the mighty Pompey. It would have been like a Cup Final for them. Even though nothing was riding on it, there was the opportunity to take a glory scalp by winning, one worthy of a footnote in their club's history. In their old age, Braintree fans could have reminisced about the night they beat Pompey. Sadly, it was not to be.

Just being able to say they saw the mighty Pompey play should be enough for them - no need to be greedy. No doubt in a few years time the entire population of Braintree will be claiming to have been there tonight.

It's not as glam as Fleetwood is it?

I might just go to watch the phew lose at my nearest league ground. ( 1&1/2 miles as the gull flies from my house to Highbury ). I wonder if FTFC will let me in wearing one of my Saints shirts ?

#factlessallen seems to be on the case of the spaz who hid the skate shirt in the building work, stirring some rather ironic indignation on twitter. Apparently the guy won't be paid. Imagine that, a football club not paying for work done...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})