Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Surely Storrie's position is untenable now?

Not good business practice whilst 'trying to find a new owner' is it?

One other thing, if Petey is dealing with transfers, and Lampitt Opik's running the club from next week...just what is the Android doing to earn the dough?

Cutting to the bone and perfoming a thorough forensic investigation.....oh wait...

seriously when this thread ends, I reckon the top poster should be given a prize ;)

The top 5 currently stand at

nickh - 907

dubai_phil - 823

pedg - 717

Channon's Sideburns - 605

View From The Top - 514

If only Al Fahim had kept going and giving me more ammunition, would have been so far ahead the award would have been mine.

What I find particularly galling is that at least I posted some things of interest rather than cut and pasting the same "They're gonna get away with it" 927 times.

Think he should lose a few posts for repetition, after all a room full of an infinite amount of monkeys could type more creative stuff than that

Not good business practice whilst 'trying to find a new owner' is it?

One other thing, if Petey is dealing with transfers, and Lampitt Opik's running the club from next week...just what is the Android doing to earn the dough?

Making up funny and/or silly stories. (No pun intended).

Posted this a couple of days ago, but rubbish at the quote functionality....

PS won't be charging them much, if anything at all. The safest place for him right now, is in amoungst the action. He needs to know who his friends are, what is being said, what info is being requested by the authorities and which parties are siding with who. The killer for him will be not knowing when that knock on the door will happen; next week, next month, next year???? The only thing he can be sure of, is that it will be coming

Sky Sports News have just said Andronikou is after Steve Cotterill for the vacant managers job at Portsmouth. How can they afford to appoint anyone with all the current uncertainty and lack of any real money? Surely this is a joke?

If Andronikou has said he's after Cotterill ,then yes it probably is a joke

Sky Sports News have just said Andronikou is after Steve Cotterill for the vacant managers job at Portsmouth. How can they afford to appoint anyone with all the current uncertainty and lack of any real money? Surely this is a joke?

He's the world's first tyre-kicking administrator

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2985926/Peter-Storrie-faces-a-second-charge-of-cheating-the-public-revenue.html

Good old Pete. Just as it was getting a bit dull here (what with all the talk of how many posts we have all had) this pops up and just adds a bit more.

Apparently Mandaric charged over this new allegation as well.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Storrie-and-Mandaric-charged-with.6317253.jp

I wonder if there they will get a bulk discount on penalty points?

He's the world's first tyre-kicking administrator

he seems to spend a rediculous amount of time on things that offer little on no benefit to creditors, which I thought was who he was meant to be serving?

he seems to spend a rediculous amount of time on things that offer little on no benefit to creditors, which I thought was who he was meant to be serving?

Quite

Just about everything he's done seem to me to be ignoring that formal duty he has as admnistrator to get the best deal for the creditors.

I just can't understand why he didn't send back to their home clubs all loan players the day he arrived , why he didnt sell anyone he could when he got permission to do so and indeed why he hasn't done deals with others he can't sell, just to release them for free to avoid their wages.

Now he's appointed a new chief exec, offered new contracts to players and even to poor old Linvoy Primus -- with whose mony? -- the creditors' money in effect. Every penny he spends now leaves less for the creditors.

Does no one regulate administrators?

K.

If only Al Fahim had kept going and giving me more ammunition, would have been so far ahead the award would have been mine.

What I find particularly galling is that at least I posted some things of interest rather than cut and pasting the same "They're gonna get away with it" 927 times.

Think he should lose a few posts for repetition, after all a room full of an infinite amount of monkeys could type more creative stuff than that

obviously I have been docked 20 as I have only posted 907 times.

If we took out your references to Bullfrogs and your golfing prowess Im sure our scores would be even. Thats the trouble with you sandeaters, it gets into your eyes and you can't see quality writing when it is right in front of you.

Obviously the 10000000 views cant all be down to Pompeys postion but posters looking out for my next post with excitement

Quite

Just about everything he's done seem to me to be ignoring that formal duty he has as admnistrator to get the best deal for the creditors.

I just can't understand why he didn't send back to their home clubs all loan players the day he arrived , why he didnt sell anyone he could when he got permission to do so and indeed why he hasn't done deals with others he can't sell, just to release them for free to avoid their wages.

Now he's appointed a new chief exec, offered new contracts to players and even to poor old Linvoy Primus -- with whose mony? -- the creditors' money in effect. Every penny he spends now leaves less for the creditors.

K.

The above crystalizes things rather well. Perhaps Gary Richardson on BBC FiveLive might consider taking this up with AA. GR interviewed AA back at the end of February and now, 3 months later, it might be time for a follow-up.

Obviously the 10000000 views cant all be down to Pompeys postion but posters looking out for my next post with excitement

Have you ever considered getting a job as an administrator of a football club?

Have you ever considered getting a job as an administrator of a football club?
It seems to be quite an easy job. You sit and do nothing , employ a few people, go and do a few interviews for the media, and then draw a massive wage.

I wonder how you get a ob like that?

Quite

K.

I've said all along, that he's working for Chanrai, getting the CVA approved to suit Chanrai's proposed offer (thats the only why we'd have a figure to work the CVA out to), and when its accepted, Chanrai (and Comical Andy) will have a football club with no debt to punt onto the first chump to walk through the door.

This Admin process for Pompy is only to remove the debt, nothing more.

I've said all along, that he's working for Chanrai, getting the CVA approved to suit Chanrai's proposed offer (thats the only why we'd have a figure to work the CVA out to), and when its accepted, Chanrai (and Comical Andy) will have a football club with no debt to punt onto the first chump to walk through the door.

Chanrai has got the creditors over a barrel.

Because of the way they have structured the debt here is no chance of anyone else buying the club and because of the parachute payments there is nothing to gain from liquidating the club so they can force through a CVA that fleeces everyone.

Chanrai will get a CVA that suits him, he will bleed the carcass dry for a year or two then they will probably be in admin again some time in the near future.

and if he can get it for nunpence he can invest to get them back up and get another big slice of tv money.

Don't underestimate the lure of that. He will be quids in by the time they come out of admin.

Of course if the points get stacked up on them the whole picture changes

and if he can get it for nunpence he can invest to get them back up and get another big slice of tv money.

Don't underestimate the lure of that. He will be quids in by the time they come out of admin.

Of course if the points get stacked up on them the whole picture changes

The debt stands for secured and 23p for others over 5 years. He can't buy it for nothing. The parachute payments go along way, they don't cover everything, the clu is still losing money and points deductions yet to come.

I'm as happy to laugh at Pompey as the next man, but isn't that the point of the adminisitration process? Administration is designed to rescue an insolvent company and is the one step before liquidation of the company. In Pompey's case they simply cannot continue to survive with that type of debt around their neck, therefore its only logical that the purpose of administration is to reduce the debt to a practical level, otherwise they'll simply be wound up.

There are many dodgy things going on with that club, but their only realistic choice for survival is to drastically reduce the debt. I don't particularly agree with the fact that they could potentially pay back only 20% (or less) of what they owe without any real and proper penalty being imposed, but that's another argument altogether.

The debt stands for secured and 23p for others over 5 years. He can't buy it for nothing. The parachute payments go along way, they don't cover everything, the clu is still losing money and points deductions yet to come.

And if they get a further points deduction Grunt will still say that it is wrong even though he is no longer manager.

The parachute payments only cover the football debts.

If the go up (which they won't) and gain the millions on offer the HMRC will have them in court in a heartbeat arguing the CVA is no longer valid in the current form.

Remember, they are still paying out millions in salaries (deferred as footballing debt or not) and will do so until contracts expire or players are sold. They are hemorrhaging money hand over fist.

The parachute payments only cover the football debts.

If the go up (which they won't) and gain the millions on offer the HMRC will have them in court in a heartbeat arguing the CVA is no longer valid in the current form.

Remember, they are still paying out millions in salaries (deferred as footballing debt or not) and will do so until contracts expire or players are sold. They are hemorrhaging money hand over fist.

Are you sure it works like that.I don't think once a CVA is approved anyone can go for future earnings, or else people would be after us

I've wasted 332 posts of my life on this thread, and to think I was going for quality over quantity...and now some geek will tell me that 90% of my total posts are on here.

Maybe I would rather do gags about Pompey's appalling mismanagement and their staff's massage habits than discuss whether some bloke in the pub says that our season ticket prices are going up/down/staying the same.

I've wasted 332 posts of my life on this thread, and to think I was going for quality over quantity...and now some geek will tell me that 90% of my total posts are on here.

Maybe I would rather do gags about Pompey's appalling mismanagement and their staff's massage habits than discuss whether some bloke in the pub says that our season ticket prices are going up/down/staying the same.

46% of your posts have been on this thread.

hth

I'm as happy to laugh at Pompey as the next man, but isn't that the point of the adminisitration process? Administration is designed to rescue an insolvent company and is the one step before liquidation of the company. In Pompey's case they simply cannot continue to survive with that type of debt around their neck, therefore its only logical that the purpose of administration is to reduce the debt to a practical level, otherwise they'll simply be wound up.

There are many dodgy things going on with that club, but their only realistic choice for survival is to drastically reduce the debt. I don't particularly agree with the fact that they could potentially pay back only 20% (or less) of what they owe without any real and proper penalty being imposed, but that's another argument altogether.

This is their second time round in 12 years, do you not agree, that once is folly, twice is sheer criminal. This is just a vehicle to build up massive debts, then call in administrators, kill the debt, then carry on. Most any other business/company, would of been wound up months ago. They were insolvent, and continued to trade, that, I'm led to believe, is against the law.

Or so I thought:mad:

Of course Saints did.

If not Saints wouldn't have started on -10, it would be a lot more in the way of points deducted ala Rotherham, Bournemouth & Leeds or not at all and just thrown out.

No, we went into administration but we, IIRC, didn't formally enter a CVA.

I've kind of blotted that whole period out of my memory. :smt103

Edited by View From The Top

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})