Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Just read on SkySports website that West Ham are still interviewing other candidates for the job. Would LOL if they decided not too offer it too Grant.

FC Twente are interested in Grant as well and their playing in the champions league next season.

FC Twente are interested in Grant as well and their playing in the champions league next season.

I didn't know that McClaren had gone to Wolfsburg.

Quality quote from Steve by the way:

"I have had two fantastic years at FC Twente, but made a promise to my wife and children [who remained in England] that I would not spend more than two years living away from them," said McClaren, who becomes the first Englishman to manage a Bundesliga club.

"Now we will all live together in Germany."

What, and they couldn't move to Holland?

Edited by Scummer

Shilton had a go at Plymouth. Didn't do much. Think Flowers had a go at being an assistant somewhere. Believe the Grobb tried his hand in South Africa and may even have been national boss of Zimbabwe. Southall possibly tried it at very lower league level.

Apart from those I can't think of any more of the top of my head.

(Chris ?) Turner at Hartlepool, albeit Div 1

so AA's not sure if James is ready for management then...

Is David James impressed to hear a crap bean-counter announcing his opinion on an international footballer's credentials??

In defence of the one worthy human being on their books one might observe that he could fairly respond -

'stick to book-cooking and thieving you crook, stick your football opinions where the sun don't shine!'

The administrator is meant to be sorting the business for creditors not posing about in the papers and signing autographs, methinks he's enjoying the glamour and the bright lights of downtown Fratton too much.

He needs to leave Pompey, he seems like a thoroughly nice bloke and writes well in the Guardian.

A couple of months back we were assured that Pompey were toast or to be playing BSL. It noe seems that not only have they played in the cup fianl they will be starting CCC on 0 points. It is bizarre that so many on here could be so wrong.Of those many are very shrewd and well versed in business. Why we are still at the 'What happens now?' stage is quite astounding. They shouldn't be thinking of awarding freedom of the city to grant but the Registrar who did them a massive favour by not wiping them out

A couple of months back we were assured that Pompey were toast or to be playing BSL. It noe seems that not only have they played in the cup fianl they will be starting CCC on 0 points. It is bizarre that so many on here could be so wrong.Of those many are very shrewd and well versed in business. Why we are still at the 'What happens now?' stage is quite astounding. They shouldn't be thinking of awarding freedom of the city to grant but the Registrar who did them a massive favour by not wiping them out

they are screwed....they have blown their prem status...of course they were not going to dissapear..? when was the last time a club from the top has done that..?

if you think they will go up again anytime soon, then you are mental

A couple of months back we were assured that Pompey were toast or to be playing BSL. It now seems that not only have they played in the cup final they will be starting CCC on 0 points.

That is still far from certain. Yes, it may happen but no-one knows either way at the moment.

you have been spot on with this for a while now and I completely agree, so many smug morons on here were coming out with "know it all" statements as if they were facts, "don't worry they are toast" "they are screwed, no chance of coming out of this" , which of course just hasn't materialised, they are showing every sign of getting through this and with the possibility of even holding onto a couple of their better players like James.

It is a disgrace that they are still trading, lets hope Grant's departure that the exodus begins. A football league points deduction would be nice, but i'm not holding my breath.

Nick, I confidently predict a world of pain is around the corner for them.

I still can't work out what Baloo's end game is, or gayboy for that matter, but what i am sure of, is that it isn't about building a decent football team. They are cashing out and i doubt even Marc Jackson would be interested in the carcuss they leave behind.

Regardless of who buys them the CVA will be a millstone around their necks, for far longer than the 5 years it will be executed over.

They stitched the PL up and broke the rules (See storries email regading paying his mate Willie) that were put in place to try and protect them. The FL and the PL may not be one or indeed even friends, but they won't just let this go. In addition to the barebone squad which they will field next year (Don't listen to storyteller saying they will only sell four players) they will almost certainly face "Financial irregularies" charges (point deductions) and then then if Storyteller gets found guilty of tax evasion, then there is another points deduction.

That of course is on the assumption that they get their CVA,which is something I am not convinced about. If HMRC do accept it, it will be a first and there will be a reason for it (Probably to pave the way for going after the Directors).

Whatever way this plays out, it isn't pretty for them and I'll bare my arse on the town hall steps, if they are not relegated again within 3 years (Lilkely to be next season)

Parity will be restored within 12 months, sleep easy.

you have been spot on with this for a while now and I completely agree, so many smug morons on here were coming out with "know it all" statements as if they were facts, "don't worry they are toast" "they are screwed, no chance of coming out of this" , which of course just hasn't materialised, they are showing every sign of getting through this and with the possibility of even holding onto a couple of their better players like James.

It is a disgrace that they are still trading, lets hope Grant's departure that the exodus begins. A football league points deduction would be nice, but i'm not holding my breath.

Exactly. Just finished an FA Cup final at Wembley that they weren't THAT far from winning, possible pre-season tour of the USA coming.....Yes they'll struggle for years to come, but I still don't see how they've been punished for cheating the system. Guess we've just got to wait.

pardew to the skates..?

LOL:rolleyes:

many strange and unpredictable things happen in life and football.

But AP going to the skates will not be one of those things.

on a seperate subject, I think that chanrai has seriously underestimated the difficulty of moving on over paid footballers.

Lol:

“It has been a difficult and complex year for us, but at the same time, it has been a wonderful and uplifting professional and personal experience. I have been inundated with letters and emails from fans. Many have brought tears to my eyes.

Tears of laughter I would guess. :smt042

I dont mind if the liquidate and start a new company, but then they should surely have to start from the bottom again and work their way back up. Ala Aldershot.

We're all missing something obvious here.

Why the heck does anyone think The Football League will let a brand new company into the league in place of the liquidated Pompey? They've remained diplomatically quiet thus far, only pointing out that Pompey aren't under their jusidiction yet.

This talk of Pompey being liquidated could well be talk of the end of the football club as a whole I reckon.

But AA's cunning plan is to have them liquidated in the middle of next season, expecting the FL to be as spineless as the PL and not expel them there and then. Of course the CCC is not the high profile league like the EPL, so hopefully the FL will say sod it, middel of the season or not, if you liquidate you're gone, and all your results will be expunged.

Oh how we'll laugh!

CHEATING BASTARDS

many strange and unpredictable things happen in life and football.

But AP going to the skates will not be one of those things.

on a seperate subject, I think that chanrai has seriously underestimated the difficulty of moving on over paid footballers.

Just Fred trying to enjoy his last few days in the sun before reality sets in at Fratton

Nick, I confidently predict a world of pain is around the corner for them.

I still can't work out what Baloo's end game is, or gayboy for that matter, but what i am sure of, is that it isn't about building a decent football team. They are cashing out and i doubt even Marc Jackson would be interested in the carcuss they leave behind.

Regardless of who buys them the CVA will be a millstone around their necks, for far longer than the 5 years it will be executed over.

They stitched the PL up and broke the rules (See storries email regading paying his mate Willie) that were put in place to try and protect them. The FL and the PL may not be one or indeed even friends, but they won't just let this go. In addition to the barebone squad which they will field next year (Don't listen to storyteller saying they will only sell four players) they will almost certainly face "Financial irregularies" charges (point deductions) and then then if Storyteller gets found guilty of tax evasion, then there is another points deduction.

That of course is on the assumption that they get their CVA,which is something I am not convinced about. If HMRC do accept it, it will be a first and there will be a reason for it (Probably to pave the way for going after the Directors).

Whatever way this plays out, it isn't pretty for them and I'll bare my arse on the town hall steps, if they are not relegated again within 3 years (Lilkely to be next season)

Parity will be restored within 12 months, sleep easy.

I was careful not to point a finger in a told you so way, as a lot of the people who were predicting their demise I have respect and a lot of time for.They werelooking at it from a normal business practice way. It just felt all wrong and they were somehow getting away with it. It seems to me that they have done everything against all rules of trading and have put 2 fingers up to the world and got away with it. they even got UEFA and the PL to change the rules allowing them to sign Ohara and Owesi (sp) who both played their parts in getting them to the cup final.If the truth of their debtsa had been publicised then the judge would have had to wind them up, again nothing has happened and they have made at present a#ses of the law.

The other sppoky thing is that when I was on here when they were playing Covin the cup and they equalised last minute, i then thought they would win the cup. Ok I was wrong but bloody close.I am now going to bang my head a 100 times to stop having such thoughts in the future

It is incredulous

Exactly. Just finished an FA Cup final at Wembley that they weren't THAT far from winning, possible pre-season tour of the USA coming.....Yes they'll struggle for years to come, but I still don't see how they've been punished for cheating the system. Guess we've just got to wait.
Unless they go into the BSL they have got away with it bigtime. I doubt there is a fan outside the top division who would swop their experiences for the paltry punishmnet that has been meted out so far.

Unless they go into the BSL they have got away with it bigtime. I doubt there is a fan outside the top division who would swop their experiences for the paltry punishmnet that has been meted out so far.

they have been into admin..we went into admin..we lost 10 points, they lost 9 points..

ffs

by US going into admin we spent money we never had...maybe we stayed up in lieu of leicester..? maybe WE cheated....? should we have gone into the BSL..?

they have been into admin..we went into admin..we lost 10 points, they lost 9 points..

ffs

by US going into admin we spent money we never had...maybe we stayed up in lieu of leicester..? maybe WE cheated....? should we have gone into the BSL..?

In theory you are are correct, in terms of cheating it is miles apart. This debt is not new, eventually when /if the truth comes out these debts have been hidden for 5 years or so.

Our points were added to make sure we were relegated, and if not they were then applied the following season. At present it has not happened accordingly.

In theory you are are correct, in terms of cheating it is miles apart. This debt is not new, eventually when /if the truth comes out these debts have been hidden for 5 years or so.

Our points were added to make sure we were relegated, and if not they were then applied the following season. At present it has not happened accordingly.

but did it..?

how is to say we might not have stayed up..? who is to say the deduction of points did not make the players almost give up..?

we cheated, they cheated..

if they have been found to be cheating in other areas, they will lose more points...did you really think they would have gone out of existance.?

but did it..?

how is to say we might not have stayed up..? who is to say the deduction of points did not make the players almost give up..?

if they have been found to be cheating in other areas, they will lose more points...did you really think they would have gone out of existance.?

it wasnt me who said they were goners.

ffs

Saints could get 138 points without a deduction - 128 points with a deduction.

Saints had 92.75% of points available to get.

Pompey could get 114 points with a deduction - 105 points with a deduction.

Pompey had 92.10% of points available to get.

Therefore if anything Pompey's punishment for going into administration was very marginally harder.

it wasnt me who said they were goners.

indeed..it was mostly saints fans that have no idea really about what is actually going on....does not mean they are getting away with it..

they have been relegated..debts like you could not imagine..they will probably have to start again in the CCC (which is massively competitive) with a brand new, probably sh1t squad with a crap manager..

they will do well to finish top half of the CCC next season...

I would say, from playing AC Milan not so long ago to that, is a massive drop..a drop they will have to be VERY lucky or wait a long time to come back from

indeed..it was mostly saints fans that have no idea really about what is actually going on....does not mean they are getting away with it..

they have been relegated..debts like you could not imagine..they will probably have to start again in the CCC (which is massively competitive) with a brand new, probably sh1t squad with a crap manager..

they will do well to finish top half of the CCC next season...

I would say, from playing AC Milan not so long ago to that, is a massive drop..a drop they will have to be VERY lucky or wait a long time to come back from

and that's if the FL even let them in the Championship.

I believe it's only AA that's said they can liquidate the current company and start again in the Championship next year and we all know how reliable he is:rolleyes:

We spent money on a stadium when we WERE in a position to afford it though. We lost the position to be able to afford it later, and called in the administrators the INSTANT it became legally required, we acted with absolute honour in this regard.

Pompey on the other hand...

it was all laid out in the Creditors statement. Can't remember how they are financing the club, but I do recall that Portpin had made a £15m loan facility available. At the time the creditors statement was released that facility was unused.

Personally think that Chanrai feels that if he can shed the debts then poopey will be a cash cow. He may have reckoned without the poor cash flow of a CCC club, and those "hard to remove" PL failures of players on multiples of £10k per week.

Just looked up the administration cash flow projection .

It showed an estimated deficit during administration of over £7m. Getting to the cup final will have reduced this by a fair chunk, maybe £3m.

THe rest must have come from the portpin facility.

Chanrai must be very confident about the profitability of clubs in the CCC- or the saleability of the skates squad-or about the chances of a quick return to the PL.

Mind you, the top end of the fizzy looks a good deal weaker next season with newcastle and WBA being replaced by Hull and Burnley. Perhaps chanrai likes a sporting bet.................

Any way up, i reckon this is a summer to spend big if you are a contender in the CCC.

But AA's cunning plan is to have them liquidated in the middle of next season, expecting the FL to be as spineless as the PL and not expel them there and then. Of course the CCC is not the high profile league like the EPL, so hopefully the FL will say sod it, middel of the season or not, if you liquidate you're gone, and all your results will be expunged.

Oh how we'll laugh!

CHEATING BASTARDS

Wouldn't AA hope to be out of it by then? What happens to PFC then wouldn't concern him.

From my original source

"Any way, a snippet or two from down the road, courtesy of my friends at xxxxxxxxx

Andronicou's talk of contract offers to James, Kanu, Rocha, Hreidarsson and the other players they appear to be desperate to keep is all window-dressing.

According to those players' agents (who my mates at xxxxxxx have spoken to) no offers have been made.

One player who has been made an offer is Joel Ward. Ward is one of their highly-rated (by them) young players who made it to the fringes of the first team this year and is one of those who their future is based on.

So what has this shining epitome of the next Golden Generation been offered to stay at Krap Nottarf and lead them back to the top flight?

£2,000 per week? Nope. £1,000 per week? Afraid not. How about the princely sum of £650 a week.

This is the realilty. All of Android's announcements are Pollyana-style window dressing as he tries to talk up the club as much as possible in a desperate hope of finding a buyer.

He also said that James is not a candidate for the managerial job, although part of his problem is that he says different things to different journalists ad can't remember what he's told them".

AFAIK, Pompey are still bottom of the PL, and will be until the AGM, when they will be formally "thrown out", and become candidates for the NpC at it's AGM on, I think, 3rd June. Let's wait and see what happens after that.

From my recollection, it's so far only AA who has predicted that they will start next season without a points deduction, although that was widely reported. None of the decision makers have expressed an opinion that I've seen.

IMO they were fortunate to avoid the HMRC WUP, but insolvency is one of the "least fair" areas of the law which I have the misfortune to deal with, and, with great respect to some posters on here, insolvency practitioners can be a distasteful and shady bunch. Many directors of failed businesses get away with it relatively scot free, and just pick up and start again under a new name almost immediately, to fleece more punters. It's the way the law of limited liability works.

The difference in football is that the league take a dim view of that, as has been shown many times in the past. Will they really turn a blind eye to Pompey's disgraceful conduct just because AA says they should? I doubt it.

The definition of toast is subjective, but IMO if their rump is struggling in League 1 in their shabby little stadium 2 or 3 seasons after gloating in the PL, that'll do for me.

I take issue with that.

It's like comparing someone who has his pay cut in half and then struggles to make the books balance with a chancer who opens up as many credit cards as he can get his hands on, maxes them out then complains that it is unfair that he is penalised for it.

We mismanaged our accounts, albeit only marginally, they took the effing p1ss.

He also said that James is not a candidate for the managerial job, although part of his problem is that he says different things to different journalists ad can't remember what he's told them".

Thanks for that post, it rings very true with other stuff we know. We knew android was a liar but obviously he's not good at that either!

Anyway, looking at the time you posted that I hope you're getting a bit of sleep mush!

Thanks for that post, it rings very true with other stuff we know. We knew android was a liar but obviously he's not good at that either!

Anyway, looking at the time you posted that I hope you're getting a bit of sleep mush!

Sue, I was about to do an interview with the BBC R4 Today programme.

My informant knows what he is talking about - he has got everything spot on so far!

I take issue with that.

It's like comparing someone who has his pay cut in half and then struggles to make the books balance with a chancer who opens up as many credit cards as he can get his hands on, maxes them out then complains that it is unfair that he is penalised for it.

We mismanaged our accounts, albeit only marginally, they took the effing p1ss.

I like the way you paint us as though we were desperately trying to adjust, perhaps right at the end we were but that wasn't where the problems began.

It's more like someone who has his pay cut in half but continues to live the high life regardless.

We didn't have to make all those big signings under Burley, we should have adjusted. We gambled on promotion and failed.

I like the way you paint us as though we were desperately trying to adjust, perhaps right at the end we were but that wasn't where the problems began.

It's more like someone who has his pay cut in half but continues to live the high life regardless.

We didn't have to make all those big signings under Burley, we should have adjusted. We gambled on promotion and failed.

We did effectively have our income cut in half and I completely agree that we overspent under Burley (albeit still only marginally) and we failed to cut our costs quickly enough till it was too late, but that is still a whole fecking world away from from what the CHEATS have done.

They have just taken the pee from day one, recklessly squandering borrowed money, whilst complaining how unfair it is that they are expected to suffer the consequences. You don't rack up debts like theirs through a bit of bad budgeting and bad luck, you do it through wilfully reckless spending of other people's money.

It is cheating at best, criminal at worst. Very different.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})