Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I had a bet with myself as to how many times I'd posted on this thread..allowed a bit & thought 30-50 times perhaps?

This is 138 & I too need to get a life...also a reminder why I don't do betting!

It will all be worth it if, as I still believe, they drop out of the league :-)

Whilst you're all sorting out who's who, in the table of great posting, there remains a small matter of the OP.....

News > Pompey

8:20am 24th May 2010.

Crest.jpg.jpg Pompey's propsective new owner Rob Lloyd has said his backers are not prepared to be revealed until a deal is done.

The Blues are still in administration and have the potential to lose more points going into The Championship unless a CVA is agreed amongst the creditors.

Lloyd said that his consortium is still hoping to take over at Pompey but the people behind it all are to remain anonymous for the time being.

I'm in seventh place by the way:D

Looks like they have found the land for a new stadium.......

Alright so its a Labour supporting paper but if this is true will all the members of the Conservative party be they MP or local councillor resign the party whip??

Portsmouth naval base may close – 17,000 jobs in peril

May 23 2010 by Nigel Nelson, The People

Portsmouth Naval base article

THE historic Portsmouth navy base faces closure with the loss of more than 17,000 jobs.

Defence Secretary Liam Fox is {studying shock plans to phase out the main home of Britains surface fleet over the next decade.

It would save the cash-strapped Government £200million a year.

shame we the blue few didneenot have that many going threw the turnstiles,

We then might not be in the deep end of the smelly stuff:(

Don't beat yourselves up. By my reckoning you would need to sell out a 74,563,000 stadium to sustain Storrie's expert stewardship.

In all honesty Gaydamak told us about 3 years ago that none of the debts were against Portsmouth in a radio interview on the Quay.

Now obviously in hindsight that was a total lie and fans were taken hook, line and sinker.

One lie that we never fell for was that you lot are 'The Bestest Fans In The World 'TM.

How can I read all these stats? Can someone tell me as I must be being thick not to find them?

I do it by going to the top of the page, click onto "New Posts", go down the list until you reach the Pompey thread. Click onto

the fiqure 26,514 in the replies column and then look at the top left of your screen :D

PETER STORRIE is facing a second charge of "cheating the public revenue."

Ex-Portsmouth chief executive Storrie was charged yesterday as part of an

investigation by City of London police and Inland Revenue into his time at Fratton Park.

The new charge relates to a payment for former Pompey star Eyal Berkovic

into an offshore account.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2985926/Peter-Storrie-faces-a-second-charge-of-cheating-the-public-revenue.html#ixzz0ouB1XElR

Oh dear, how sad, too bad :D

investigation by City of London police and Inland Revenue into his time at Fratton Park.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2985926/Peter-Storrie-faces-a-second-charge-of-cheating-the-public-revenue.html#ixzz0ouB1XElR

Sit tight, Nick. That looks like another "Financial Irregularity" to me.

I do it by going to the top of the page, click onto "New Posts", go down the list until you reach the Pompey thread. Click onto

the fiqure 26,514 in the replies column and then look at the top left of your screen :D

I hope all this time with the police is not distracting him from selling players and finding a new manager

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1281148/Ex-Portsmouth-chairman-play-key-role-finding-crisis-clubs-new-manager.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

seriously when this thread ends, I reckon the top poster should be given a prize ;)

The top 5 currently stand at

nickh - 907

dubai_phil - 823

pedg - 717

Channon's Sideburns - 605

View From The Top - 514

They All suffer from Obsessive Fishy Personality disorders,Me? I just hate Pompey!

Isn't it June 3rd?

I think the 3rd June is when the FL meet and as such, Pompey become members of the FL as of that date.

The original creditors meeting was on election day - 6th May, and as I recall the CVA was to be produced within 10 days of that meeting & confirmed by the Guardian.

"The meeting was convened by Andronikou to outline how Portsmouth might emerge from administration via a Company Voluntary Arrangement, with the concrete proposals to be published in 10 working days."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/06/portsmouth-debt-hmrc-taxman

Well 10 working days took us to 20th May i.e. last Thursday. Now AA was pretty sure he was going to get the ok to produce the CVA so he would have already been working on it. So where is it? Why has it been delayed?

The AA guide to saving money. Number 7423

Employ Linvoy Primus as an 'ambassador' for the club

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Mr-Pompey-has-a-key.6316790.jp

That is just more mong-appeasing flannel with as much substance as Lloyd's meet the fans stunt. It seems more and more apparent that everything emanating from the Android's mouth is just the same - talking about new managers, pre-season arrangements, player contracts, season tickets - all trying to create the illusion of business as usual.

I still can't decide if it is self-delusion, mong-appeasing or entirely for the overseas mark market. But it is all absolutely substanceless waffle.

Says he's gobsmacked...form an orderly queue!:D

How he can have the neck to claim surprise with his record is beyond belief...pass the soap 'Arry - oh!

I hope all this time with the police is not distracting him from selling players and finding a new manager

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1281148/Ex-Portsmouth-chairman-play-key-role-finding-crisis-clubs-new-manager.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Hmmmm (We need Trousers on this one)

What type of case would have possible negative information on gaydamak, where he is acting as witness for the prosecution :rolleyes:

Just a thought.............

May be another case, with charges dropped against Gaydamak in return for "Singing Like a canary"

......Only problem could be that the judge that heard that trial and all the bads things about gaydamak (Whilst he was immune), has now been appointed to another trial of which gaydamak is being prosecuted, could that be the play?

I'm sure nobody would find it slightly funny if that was the case.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})