Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Were you quoting someone?

HMRC have every reason to take these toerags to the limit. They need to prove to football, once and for all, that the football creditors rule is totally unethical.

Those quotes are taken from the article.

Were you quoting someone?

They need to prove to football, once and for all, that the football creditors rule is totally unethical.

Bloody right. They may we;; spend £2 chasing £1, but you can bet that for every football club in the future, the taxman will be paid as number one priority. That's the message, it's just that idiot journalists can't work that out.

A lot of pleading to HMRC not to kill the club it seems :D

Ironically if AA hadn't completely disregarded the amount of debt claimed by HMRC with no reason, they could already be out of admin by now - albeit without an agreed CVA, and with a big points deduction from the league! - but at least the club would have 'survived', and the parachute payments in league 1 next season would have been useful :D

I guess their game of chicken with HMRC isn't going too well :D

Going back to FMPR's laughable assertion that they still have a squad with firepower because of the goalscoring machines that are Nugent and Smith, I was having a few moments contemplation as to where they are now compared to us.

I concluded that were we to play them now, well, after the remaining star names have gone by the end of the week, I honestly feel that we would beat them.

We had the upper hand in the FA Cup for 70 minutes and it was only those players who shouldn't have been on the pitch in blue that made the difference. They are all gone now. Add in the mental attitude comparing our settled squad of winners and their squaud where most of the half decent players have left and I think that we would give them a hiding at the moment.

I liked this bit:

HMRC may be looking to deliver a kick up the backside to football sides they believe have been getting away with it for too long.

In fact, though, it will be the fans who will feel the effects of an appeal the sharpest.

Of course, if a team are to run up debts they are gaining an advantage over sides who run a tight ship.

But if the appeal comes in from HMRC they are effectively shooting themselves in the foot.

And from the comments [southstand Johnny]:

Like everyone else I don't know their intentions, but I think they realise the impact the death of the club would have on other tax payers in the area.

Yep, it might make them think about paying their taxes in future.

Going back to FMPR's laughable assertion that they still have a squad with firepower because of the goalscoring machines that are Nugent and Smith, I was having a few moments contemplation as to where they are now compared to us.

I concluded that were we to play them now, well, after the remaining star names have gone by the end of the week, I honestly feel that we would beat them.

We had the upper hand in the FA Cup for 70 minutes and it was only those players who shouldn't have been on the pitch in blue that made the difference. They are all gone now. Add in the mental attitude comparing our settled squad of winners and their squaud where most of the half decent players have left and I think that we would give them a hiding at the moment.

2nd round of the League Cup???

2 quotes that made me :lol::lol::lol:

"Andrew Andronikou and his team of administrators have worked tirelessly since coming into the club and

cutting it to the bone." Do they really believe this ????? :lol::lol:

"Pompey, if they weren't liquidated, would be hit with a points penalty and could be condemned to a slow,

painful death." Yes Please :lol::lol:

Go H.M.R.C.

There is a bit in all of this that the thread hasnt really picked up on, but aa has stated that when the proof of debt is required, he expects the total amount owed to fall DRAMATICALLY - so how much is dramatically 20, - 30, 40%????

I might be missing something, but that suggests, that debt that doesnt exist, has been used towards the % for the CVA.......Am i missing something??

Because of the levels of debt involved, HMRC could appeal Pompey's 20p in the pound offer, while Palace get away with a farcical 1p-in-the-pound deal.

Inequalities? You bet. Fair? Not a chance.

An uncomfortable couple of days lie ahead for those with royal blue in their veins.

Hopefully the news will be good, and common sense will win the day. If that's not the case it will be time for all who care about this club to tell HMRC just what they feel about their actions.

This club is too important to let the Revenue rip it to pieces without having a fight to contend with.

I love the way they see the football club as being more important than the taxes that pay for school's, national health care, forces, childrens hospitals, police, fire service and many other worthy services that IMO rank much higher than any football club.

2 quotes that made me :lol::lol::lol:

"Andrew Andronikou and his team of administrators have worked tirelessly since coming into the club and

cutting it to the bone." Do they really believe this ????? :lol::lol:

"Pompey, if they weren't liquidated, would be hit with a points penalty and could be condemned to a slow,

painful death." Yes Please :lol::lol:

Go H.M.R.C.

Surely if they were liquidated there would be no need for any points penalty as they would be dust? lol

There is a bit in all of this that the thread hasnt really picked up on, but aa has stated that when the proof of debt is required, he expects the total amount owed to fall DRAMATICALLY - so how much is dramatically 20, - 30, 40%????

I might be missing something, but that suggests, that debt that doesnt exist, has been used towards the % for the CVA.......Am i missing something??

He also said right at the beginning when the debt kept going up that once the debt was proven it would most probably fall. So worst case scenario £130, by the time the debt was proven???? Then at this point he could get on with creating a CVA proposal, pressumabley because he now knows who is owed what and only those that are legitimatly owed something will be able to vote.

I dont get how after the vote he can claim that debt still needs to be proven?????? I could have sent them a bill for £20M FFS just to get a vote on the CVA. Sod proving it till after at which point I can say I was mistaken but thanks for the vote. lol

Reading the replies to the news article , shows that there is a large percentage of Pompey fans who are decent and understand the wrongdoing that has gone on. Fair play to those, unfortunately we get a large share of the mugs who have no shame, posting on here

Reading the replies to the news article , shows that there is a large percentage of Pompey fans who are decent and understand the wrongdoing that has gone on. Fair play to those, unfortunately we get a large share of the mugs who have no shame, posting on here

There are quite a few 'red-tinged' posts on there, so maybe not so many Pompey fans. I'm sure a few of our members have been on there.... i'm not going to say which one I am :)

I dont think that HMRC will appeal now - But i don think they will go after the Directors / Executives.

Just reported on Skate site that HMRC HAVE lodged their appeal today as reported on Talksport.

Haven't heard it myself so could be BS

What ****es me off about that news piece is they don't talk like they have done anything wrong. Like they are being victimized or something!

As for those aa comments about cutting to the bone that is just sick. They have just jetted off to the states! If you or i were making cutbacks i doubt we would be going there! Maybe butlins...

I dont think that HMRC will appeal now - But i don think they will go after the Directors / Executives.

If the HMRC dont appeal I would be surprised (although the way the Skates have been able to take the p###, why the surprise) This is not a case of a small business not paying 1500 but 30m.

If they don't appeal then they have not only got away with it but in a bigger way than i had thought

What ****es me off about that news piece is they don't talk like they have done anything wrong. Like they are being victimized or something!

As for those aa comments about cutting to the bone that is just sick. They have just jetted off to the states! If you or i were making cutbacks i doubt we would be going there! Maybe butlins...

Trying to keep Englands No. Goalie for a start doesnt really look like the club is anywhere near its bones, planning a £10-£13M wage limit for its team doesnt either.

I dont like to compare us to them but I wonder how much our last years wage output was before we went into Admin? As nasty as it was at least we really did try to cut costs when we had to. That news piece fails to even contemplate that there was any need to do anything about the problems they created themselves.

Only a true blue would come out with "I know it's no excuse but the Inland revenue did very well out of our flirt with fame, yer they might loose out a bit at the end but over the last 7 years they've had plenty of cash out of us due to our gross overspending on wages. If we had been run well they wouldn't have got anywhere near as much!" or "Whilst I understand the pro-HMRC comments, it has to be remembered that the taxman was happy to keep the bill going upwards and did precious little about it until they woke and realised what a mess PFC were in. This has been going on for years and years, and PFC have not been making the payments. They really should have managed their debt a lot more proactively and not drawn up such a big debt. After all the banks tend to take action once they realise that the condition is only going to go worse."

"Whilst I understand the pro-HMRC comments, it has to be remembered that the taxman was happy to keep the bill going upwards and did precious little about it until they woke and realised what a mess PFC were in. This has been going on for years and years, and PFC have not been making the payments. They really should have managed their debt a lot more proactively and not drawn up such a big debt. After all the banks tend to take action once they realise that the condition is only going to go worse."

That is truly, truly unbelievable.

I think they have to appeal. If not it just leaves the barn door wide open for the next bunch of shysters to try it on.

How many are they going to let do that?

This is really the watershed for HMRC. Do it, do it hard. A club goes to the wall (there but for the grace of God, although we didn't owe the revenue) and football

learns a hard lesson. Don't feck with HMRC and get that stupid, obscene Football Creditors rule rescinded.

on a general note, I've been down there today and there's no doubt, it's a city for 'local people'....

I walked up North End and it was like a freak show convention was in town, odd eyes and extra thumbs all over the place.

Presumably those of the few that post on here have the ability to operate keyboards so they may be the sharper tools in that box (!) but even they must admit that there are some very odd folk down that way.

Fresh blood needed asap, the gene pool is too shallow, it's all going a bit Deliverance.....

I finally understand why some media refer to their fans as 'special'.

on a general note, I've been down there today and there's no doubt, it's a city for 'local people'....

I walked up North End and it was like a freak show convention was in town, odd eyes and extra thumbs all over the place.

Presumably those of the few that post on here have the ability to operate keyboards so they may be the sharper tools in that box (!) but even they must admit that there are some very odd folk down that way.

Fresh blood needed asap, the gene pool is too shallow, it's all going a bit Deliverance.....

I finally understand why some media refer to their fans as 'special'.

I worked at the BAE site there years ago on a project with a mate. The local guy insisted on showing us round the offices and wanted to point out all the "fittys"!!!!!

I explained before to my mate who is constantly on the pull and being a manc didnt care if she was a fish, that there would be nothing worth a sniff.

The local guy proved me right when he pointed out the eledged "best looking bird on site"!!! My mate just said 1 word and walked back to our desks. "WRONG!!!"

We spent the rest of the week trying unseccessfully to find anything that resembled a half decent looking bird.

Last day driving out of the gate wearing my saints shirt waving at the security guard was pretty funny though. He spent all week not even contemplating where I could be from and was all chatty. Turned his back when he saw the shirt. lol

The taxman looks set to appeal against Pompey's Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA).

The News understands Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs will lodge an appeal with the High Court on Thursday against the club's deal to offer creditors 20p in the pound.

Let's all have a disco etc......

Let the games commence:hunt:

The taxman looks set to appeal against Pompey's Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA).

The News understands Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs will lodge an appeal with the High Court on Thursday against the club's deal to offer creditors 20p in the pound.

Well they have 2 choices, come out without a CVA which means lovely points deductions or wait until October which means they can't sign anyone till January. They didn't get away with it :)

Patience my son, patience !

It has not been officially announced yet and you know what these slimy barstewards are like so don't start celebrating until the fat lady has completed her performance !! :)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})