Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Is it news yet? Or rumour?

Still rumour, but unless aa is trying to make himself a hero by painting the worst case scenario, it probably has some legs.

I actually think if they do appeal, that is the best result for storrie. If they hadnt and they had gone after the Executives (As suggested in the Griffin report) then he would have had a lot to lose.

Come on the tax man please let them have it, I so want them to get a points deduction next season then I can sleep easy knowing the cheating cod snoggers are not going to get away with it

I think this could have more serious ramifications than just a points deduction.

Still rumour, but unless aa is trying to make himself a hero by painting the worst case scenario, it probably has some legs.

I actually think if they do appeal, that is the best result for storrie. If they hadnt and they had gone after the Executives (As suggested in the Griffin report) then he would have had a lot to lose.

The tissue of lies that most of my mates in the media have known that AA has been spouting over recent months is about to unravel.

Just about everything he has said has been for one purpose, to talk up the whole sorry edifice in the hope that somebody might be gulled into buying it.

It's been one of those strange games where he knows that everyone else knows that he's been talking carp, but he's been allowed to get on with it, as a form of rope-lengthening exercise.

It looks like he knows he has failed in his mission to talk it up, and is now bracing himself for the inevitable consequences.

And will any HMRC prevent them going after people in the long run? Not sure it stops them if they have evidence. Evidence would always take precedence.

Going back to FMPR's laughable assertion that they still have a squad with firepower because of the goalscoring machines that are Nugent and Smith, I was having a few moments contemplation as to where they are now compared to us.

I concluded that were we to play them now, well, after the remaining star names have gone by the end of the week, I honestly feel that we would beat them.

We had the upper hand in the FA Cup for 70 minutes and it was only those players who shouldn't have been on the pitch in blue that made the difference. They are all gone now. Add in the mental attitude comparing our settled squad of winners and their squaud where most of the half decent players have left and I think that we would give them a hiding at the moment.

I see we are back to those ifs again Wesy Boy:D (if my aunty Was my uncle):smug:

Oh and FMPR,,,,,Lets try not to score to many own goals,,,,,,Feckin pony boys will be giggling for days over that one.:rolleyes:

I love this comment:

Old Joe Malone,

Portsmouth 13/07/2010 17:07:40

HMRC should accept the part they have played. They should have stepped in a long, long time ago. Allowing debts to build up in the way they have is not good for anyone and that is one of the reasons why they are only getting a fraction of the money owed to them. It can't have come as a big shock to them to find players in the Premier League were receiving money via image rights. If it has it only shows how poor they have been.

Having said that they have the right to appeal and if they do we just have to get on with it, but they should also take a good look at themselves and how they have let the debt to them get out of hand

Does anyone know what HMRC would have settled for, or will they only be {correctly} happy with 100%? Obviously 20p was never going to be OK, especially as it was for the benefit of Chainrai, but if the original offer had been 50-70% would HMRC have settled for that? I presume that they do only want 100% because of the challenge to the Football Creditors rule, but I am sure that some realism would have crept in if the CVA offer was more realistic.

I see we are back to those ifs again Wesy Boy:D (if my aunty Was my uncle):smug:

Oh and FMPR,,,,,Lets try not to score to many own goals,,,,,,Feckin pony boys will be giggling for days over that one.:rolleyes:

Not sure if your Aunty is your uncle, more likely that your Aunty is your sister!

I love this comment:

Old Joe Malone,

Portsmouth 13/07/2010 17:07:40

HMRC should accept the part they have played. They should have stepped in a long, long time ago. Allowing debts to build up in the way they have is not good for anyone and that is one of the reasons why they are only getting a fraction of the money owed to them. It can't have come as a big shock to them to find players in the Premier League were receiving money via image rights. If it has it only shows how poor they have been.

Having said that they have the right to appeal and if they do we just have to get on with it, but they should also take a good look at themselves and how they have let the debt to them get out of hand

Ummm....I think the tax man comes knocking pretty damn quickly when you miss your VAT payments. Spinning them a yarn to buy yourself more time, full of empty promises, is not HMRC's fault. Maybe they should have pushed for liquidation earlier, but the blue few would have cried about that even more loudly saying how unfair it was that HMRC didn't give them a chance. As it is, debts that a company amasses isn't, well at least the last time I looked, the responsibility of the tax man.

Does anyone know what HMRC would have settled for, or will they only be {correctly} happy with 100%? Obviously 20p was never going to be OK, especially as it was for the benefit of Chainrai, but if the original offer had been 50-70% would HMRC have settled for that? I presume that they do only want 100% because of the challenge to the Football Creditors rule, but I am sure that some realism would have crept in if the CVA offer was more realistic.

100%. They would always vote against a cva that offered anything less.

http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=204628

That HMRC appeal is around the corner?

It is hardly going to come as a surprise to many is it, 'if' it happens, but the news that HMRC are 'set' to appeal the CVA agreement is beginning to come...

According to Admin Andy, when speaking to The News, he is expecting this appeal so is 'gearing himself up' for it: 'we are gearing ourselves up for the appeal process.

'We were due to get a conference call today but that has been called off.

'That's the indication they are not going to be talking to us before the end of the appeal deadline.'

HMRC, or anyone else, has until midnight on Thursday to launch their appeal - with us now at Tuesday afternoon time is running out but this is 'expected' to be put in before the deadline...

As said, in the opening line, should this happen it will surprise few really - we just 'hoped' it would not come. It seems unfair, and vindictive, waiting until the last to do this but what can you do!

This appeal, should it come - as it almost certainly will from the sounds of it - would mean that we remain in admin and of course see the transfer embargo placed on us remains where it is so those trialists out in America, and others were penned in to join them by all accounts, will be looking elsewhere I guess...

Of course this would leave the squad thin and makes those that have been offered contracts even less likely to wait around to accept them as they cannot be registered until the outcome of this appeal - what we have now WILL be what we have, unless others are sold, until the outcome of the appeal it would seem.

Although we do apparently have 'special dispensation' to sign a keeper regardless - I cannot see this keeper being England's no.1 somehow! Not that I could see him staying anyway.

All of this said, on the other hand - in this game of cat and mouse - Admin Andy may be looking to force the hand to see what response he gets to these 'claims'? Then again this is just 'wishful thinking' really, right?

It is soooo unfair! I'm trying to fleece the taxman and he is plaing dirty tricks back.

Can still happen. If the appeal is successful the the club will be firmly in the poop. Worst case scenario on that on is they end up being wound up, liquidated and the investigation goes ahead as planned. Execs would be crapping themselves should that happen.

Plenty more can and prob will happen before it looks at that stage though.

I'm surprised that you saw fit to comment on my post from hours ago when the latest news is that your club might be toast by the end of play Thursday. :p

But are you saying that if we played you by the beginning of the season we wouldn't whip your sorry arses?

I read somewhere that HMRC have a blanket rule that in sport they accept no less than 100%

p*ssing myself laughing at the naivety of this fella posting in The News:-

SAS1985,

Portsmouth 13/07/2010 15:52:20

How is AA a fraud? He works for one of the top financial firms in the UK. he is doing what he has to do, if he was doing anything wrong, the media would have highlighted it straight away.

How can Nick Leeson be a fraud? He works for one of the biggest and best known financial firms in the World. :lol::lol::lol:

Love the way they say "if the appeal comes it will seem unfair and vindictive".

What is vindictive about someone being owed £30m+ wanting to get their money? What are they supposed to do send a congratulations card to them saying "don't worry about the money you owe us, keep doing what your doing, your da best club and fans in da world!.....

I'm surprised that you saw fit to comment on my post from hours ago when the latest news is that your club might be toast by the end of play Thursday. :p

But are you saying that if we played you by the beginning of the season we wouldn't whip your sorry arses?

Judging by what is happening across the North Pond at the mo,,,,,,,YES!

Not your uncle. If you are from skatetown your auntie is your sister. Your uncle is your brother.

Think this is conformation that the appeal will go ahead !(albeit not from HMRC, but from the Administrator)

Administrator Michael Kiely said: “The Revenue have advised us they are going to appeal. The club will remain in administration until the appeal hearing takes place.

“They have the right to appeal and we will wait until we know the grounds for appeal before deciding our best course of action.”

http://mysportsnews.co.uk/tag/hmrc/

Think this is conformation that the appeal will go ahead !(albeit not from HMRC, but from the Administrator)

Administrator Michael Kiely said: “The Revenue have advised us they are going to appeal. The club will remain in administration until the appeal hearing takes place.

“They have the right to appeal and we will wait until we know the grounds for appeal before deciding our best course of action.”

http://mysportsnews.co.uk/tag/hmrc/

Well that's pretty conclusive.

As the saner amongst us have said all along, absent a billionaire benefactor (aren't those nice! :) ) they cannot "get away with it".

cometh the hour, cometh the taxman.

AA must be wriggling on the hook tonight, and he'll never get the rest of those wiggly worms back in the can.

It will take a very good administrator or a dim taxman and another lenient court to get them out of this hole.

What a mess.

An absolute disgrace, HMRC will waste taxpayers money chasing a vindictive cause. Yes what the club did was wrong, and I in no way condone previous regimes actions which were disgraceful to say the least, but chasing this case is a waste of time and OUR money. Choosing to appeal on the final day, as they did with Leeds, once again just shows how the HMRC are.... well I'm not even going to say it out loud let alone type it. :x

Comment number 6. :lol:

Reading the replies to the news article , shows that there is a large percentage of Pompey fans who are decent and understand the wrongdoing that has gone on. Fair play to those, unfortunately we get a large share of the mugs who have no shame, posting on here

I think you may find that most of those posters who write things like "I've been a Pompey supporter for 40 years, but I think my club has acted disgracefully....." are actually undercover Saints fans. They know the "I'm a Saints fan, and I think your club has acted disgracefully....." posts get deleted PDQ. ;)

Get in HMRC!!!!

Really hope we see this filed today and offically confirmed. I am 95% sure it is happening but then I never believed the Android would have the bare faced effrontery to pull some of the stunts he has already... so I won't get my hopes up until HMRC confirm it.

Admin until at least October, I wonder if Chanrai is going to keep throwing money at them in the hope of breaking even or at least reducing his losses... this has the potential to run and run and run. Would be fantastic if they had to roll back their new manager signing too, though I think that would be unlikely but could he walk if AA lied to him too? Maybe......

Lets all laugh at Pompey... lets all laugh at Pompey...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})