Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I see their tour is going like clockwork!?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jul/13/once-proud-portsmouth-now-plagued/

English soccer club Portsmouth FC flew to Chicago on Monday to start its North American preseason tour, then connected to an evening flight to San Diego. Which had mechanical problems and was canceled.

After scrambling to find a hotel for the night, the players and staff returned to the airport and were rerouted through Denver. That flight was delayed and they almost got stranded in Denver after nearly missing their connection.

Another pressing question....

200x225_1268243930_spt_ai_portsmouth_pc_04.jpg

Are their any photo's of AA out there that are not inherently funny?

Is it me or do all of the the latest photos show AA giving his winsome look with the baby kitten "please don`t hurt me" eyes??

puss-in-boots.jpg

Edited by miserableoldgit

I thought this rather appropriate to the lot down the road and their current predicament:-

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,

To the last syllable of recorded time;

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools

The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player

That struts and frets his hour upon the stage

And then is heard no more. It is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury

Signifying nothing."

Can anyone remind me when the tax avoidance court cases are likely to be held? Was that October as well or was it into next year?

Judge: I would like to thank Mr Storrie for his testimony on the size of the portsmouth debt and would now like to remind him that he is needed urgently in the dock in Court 3.

Edited by pedg

Can anyone remind me when the tax avoidance court cases are likely to be held? Was that October as well or was it into next year?

Judge: I would like to thank Mr Storrie for his testimony on the size of the portsmouth debt and would now like to remind him that he is needed urgently in the dock in Court 3.

The last dates I've seen are :-

Sept 14 2010 for Plea at Southwark Crown Court.

May 16 2011 for the real court case.

but these dates could have been changed without being in any papers.

Also before we get any rubbish from Comical Andy over the next few days about Liquidation can I remind everyone what happened at Leeds http://www.mightyleeds.co.uk/seasons/200708part1.htm

On 2 July, United issued the following statement: "After meetings with the Inland Revenue the administrator has negotiated an improved offer to the creditors of Leeds United, offering them a further amount equal to approximately 7p in the pound ... The original agreement also included provision for a further £5m payment to creditors (approximately 30p in the pound) should the club reach the Premier League within the next five years. This period of time has now been extended to 10 years. This payment compares favourably with dividends paid by other football clubs that have been through the Administration process and with any offers that the Administrators received prior to approval of the CVA.

"This offer is unconditional, subject to there being no challenge to the administration and the Football League transferring Leeds United's share to the NewCo. This offer is better than any other alleged offer that has been made, all of which were subject to conditions and due diligence.

"If the CVA is challenged the consequence will be liquidation and Leeds United will cease to exist and the loss of 500 jobs would be a further drain on government resources with unemployment and social security benefits.

Despite the improved offer, HMRC formally served notice of their attention to appeal on 4 July. Two days later, it was announced that the hearing would take place on 3 September. This left United's chances of competing in the new season in doubt and KPMG responded instantly, announcing, "We are putting the club up for sale and offers must be in by 5pm on Monday (9 July) and we are interested in talking to other parties."

I thought this rather appropriate to the lot down the road and their current predicament:-

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,

To the last syllable of recorded time;

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools

The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player

That struts and frets his hour upon the stage

And then is heard no more. It is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury

Signifying nothing."

Top quote, Wes - wonderfully apposite. Nice to see a bit of kulcher on here too! :)

So please remind me if HMRC do appeal, how many points will be deducted ??

No deductions from just the appeal.

If poopy decide to come out of admin without the cva then they are up for something like -15 to -17 I think. Possibly due to them being in admin before. Not sure where that leaves the transfer embargo though. I suppose the league can punish them for no CVA by keeping the embargo or holding back there golden share.

They could realistically be liquidated and then there will be no points penalty at all as they wont have a club anyway. That will leave the Poopy family to start up there own AFC poopy a few leagues below us (if the leagues let them in). If that were to happen I actually wish them good luck and hope they get to a level were we can have some decent derby's again.

All the options seem pretty remote but something is going to happen and none of it looks good for the blue few.

Appeal could be today before 4pm, so i'm told! ;)

I said yesterday in this thread that HMRC appealed 24 hours before the deadline was due in the Leeds case so depending on what time the deadline expires, 5PM Thursday or Midnight Thursday, or any other options could mean that HMRC do the same and pick one of those times today to get it done.

No deductions from just the appeal.

If poopy decide to come out of admin without the cva then they are up for something like -15 to -17 I think. Possibly due to them being in admin before. Not sure where that leaves the transfer embargo though. I suppose the league can punish them for no CVA by keeping the embargo or holding back there golden share.

They could realistically be liquidated and then there will be no points penalty at all as they wont have a club anyway. That will leave the Poopy family to start up there own AFC poopy a few leagues below us (if the leagues let them in). If that were to happen I actually wish them good luck and hope they get to a level were we can have some decent derby's again.

All the options seem pretty remote but something is going to happen and none of it looks good for the blue few.

I expect that its now too late to start an AFC Pompey for this coming season.

Oh and this gem.....

Mr Andronikou said: 'HMRC want the club to have further points of penalty for a point of principle and nothing else. There is no logic in that stance.

No logic ....no ******* logic???????????????

You have systematically and continously shown complete contempt, with two fingers in the air at HMRC and others. The only illogical thing would be if they didn't appeal.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Andronikou-critical-of-taxman39s-39brinkmanship39.6418199.jp

aa's got the hump.

Now i'm no administrator, but I'm not convinced criticising your biggest threat to your existence, is the best policy.

Lol at the Android :D

'If they do go for an appeal, I am very confident that we will win.'

I wonder where he gets his dillusions from?

Even if they do somehow manage to win it, with it not being heard until October at the earliest, they will be as good as relegated by Christmas when the transfer window opens, and they get the chance to spend their £0 on new players :D

Put it this way, if HMRC don't appeal then they will have to answer questions, most probably from the Tax Payer's Alliance or some such body, as to why they have p***ed away the chance of not trying to claim the revenue that is due.

AA - PLEASE SHAVE OFF THAT STUPID BIT OF HAIR THAT'S ISSOLATED ON YOUR SLAP.

God it irriates me, almost as much a the highly audible gasp of air he seems to take through his snot filled nose every 10 seconds whilst talking..

"'We were due to get a conference call today but that has been called off. That's the indication they are not going to be talking to us before the end of the appeal deadline. "

Already trying to cheat the rules?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Pompey-face-player-crisis.6417911.jp

'However, we expect any appeal hearing to be held in October or November.

'Before then, if the squad is below 20, we can still bring in players, regardless of the embargo. That is allowed and is something we are looking at.'

Pompey squad numbers will be reduced over the next week.

I expect that its now too late to start an AFC Pompey for this coming season.

Ah more than likley your right. Doesnt rule it out for one for the future and I would have thought the leagues would lean towards helping an AFC Poopy get going while being strict on PFC that has take the p!55

57% now!

With HRMC set to appeal the CVA, are Pompey doomed to the drop this season?

6% Not at all - the club will stay strong in the Championship

34% It's going to be a relegation dogfight but Pompey will survive

60% It's all over - League One is a certainty

Keep voting chaps

'Before then, if the squad is below 20, we can still bring in players, regardless of the embargo. That is allowed and is something we are looking at.'

In the comments below someone is suggesting that they can now sign David James as they have been given permission to sign a keeper. Surley that would be another 2 fingers up to the creditors and league as they currently have Ashdown on trial who they released at the end of the season.

Go bust,

Release 2nd choice keeper,

get him back on trial,

then sign Englands No.1 cause you dont have enough keepers?

All while trying to suggest there is no pot to P!55 in!

In the comments below someone is suggesting that they can now sign David James as they have been given permission to sign a keeper. Surley that would be another 2 fingers up to the creditors and league as they currently have Ashdown on trial who they released at the end of the season.

Go bust,

Release 2nd choice keeper,

get him back on trial,

then sign Englands No.1 cause you dont have enough keepers?

All while trying to suggest there is no pot to P!55 in!

Well, if nothing else, it would mean that Calamity is finally no longer England's #1.

With HRMC set to appeal the CVA, are Pompey doomed to the drop this season?

6% Not at all - the club will stay strong in the Championship

34% It's going to be a relegation dogfight but Pompey will survive

60% It's all over - League One is a certainty

Keep voting chaps

61% now 8)

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Bournemouth have a squad of less than 20 and they weren't allowed to bring anyone else in?

Also states they are going to release several youngsters they consider not good enough, who are only earning 2000 or 3000 a week. Once again anything to manipulate the situation to try and get the embargo lifted.

Andronikou added: 'There are a few players who have been around the club for a while we are looking to release.

'They earn £2,000-3,000 a week, so what is the point of having them here if they are not going to play for the club? There is no point whatsoever.'

How can they expect to be allowed to sign players because their squad has gone below 20 when they are releasing players just because they dont think they are good enough!!!! Surely they should have to just put up and shut up!

Andronikou added: 'There are a few players who have been around the club for a while we are looking to release.

'They earn £2,000-3,000 a week, so what is the point of having them here if they are not going to play for the club? There is no point whatsoever.'

How can they expect to be allowed to sign players because their squad has gone below 20 when they are releasing players just because they dont think they are good enough!!!! Surely they should have to just put up and shut up!

Not just releasing them, they are paying these players contracts up early (in full or near enough in full). For a club in admin this seems a disgusting waste of funds that could go towards paying off creditors. Yes they would have to pay them anyway, but by paying them off they will need to then spend more money paying their replacements. Contrast this with us playing just about anyone big enough to fill a shirt in our relegation season.

Not a pot to p1ss in and off they go to the US and Canada for a "tour"

Still, they're only taking a 5aside team, right?

to be fair all their costs are paid for by the US teams - according to Android.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})