Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Although not Saints related I thought, today of all days, this news (which has just come to me from an excellent well-placed source in P*mpey) deserves a position on the main forum. I am told news of the collapse will officially emerge in the next few days.

This is not a wind-up. I don't usually "do" gloating but with the mod's permission can I indulge myself just a little?

Perhaps today (July 8th) should now be made a public holiday in Hants.

We salute you Sir.

You don't do lottery numbers too per chance...? :)

All that is needed now to make me a very happy man is for Redknapp and Storrie to go to jail for allegedly doing what the tax man allegedly says they allegedly did, allegedly.

Btw was I the only person gobsmacked at media suggestions that Redknapp might become England manager with the court case hanging over him?

K.

Was Jaberwocky signed on big wages by Redknapp as well? ;-)

K.

With respect to Lewis Carroll. I suspect he wrote this, and Jaberwocky, with today in mind.

Twas brillig, and the slimy skates

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:

All mimsy were the Gosportese,

And the North End raths outgrabe

"Beware the AAndroid, Taxman!

The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Beware the Chanrai bird, and shun

The frumious Gaydamak!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:

Long time the manxome foe he sought --

So rested he by the Tumtum tree,

And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,

The AAndroid, with eyes of flame,

Came whistling through the tulgey wood,

And bullshat as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through

The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!

He left it dead, and with its head

He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the AAndroid?

Come to my arms, my Taxman boy!

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'

He chortled in his joy.

Btw was I the only person gobsmacked at media suggestions that Redknapp might become England manager with the court case hanging over him?

K.

No. Redknapp would never become England manager with all the skeletons he has in his closet. Maybe one of the biggest closets in the UK as well I'd imagine.

No. Redknapp would never become England manager with all the skeletons he has in his closet. Maybe one of the biggest closets in the UK as well I'd imagine.

almost as large as his stationary cupboard I believe.

I wonder if the court case is november/december time would Cotteril resign. As he is on a hiding to nothing. He will not keep Poortsmouth up with the squad they have and potential points deduction. And even being relegated to league one there is no gurantee things will get better. We were lucky a billionaire wanted us for £30m odd. Can't see someone paying that kind of money for the club this time around. If i was Cotteril i would leave and say i was just another chump the skates lied to. better that then have the next potential 12-24 months of bad press coming your way!

How long until the Downfall parody video?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/15/portsmouth-hmrc-administration

Interesting

Andronikou's own conduct in the administration has become the subject of a separate contention. HMRC has complained to the courts that he, as chairman of the meeting of creditors, was in breach of insolvency rules.

The statement added: "HMRC can further confirm that it has also appealed to the court under Rule 1.17 of the Insolvency Rules against the chairman's decision to refuse to allow HMRC to vote in accordance with claims totalling £13,293,651.72 submitted at the meeting."

So they are going after him as well?

I wonder if the court case is november/december time would Cotteril resign. As he is on a hiding to nothing. He will not keep Poortsmouth up with the squad they have and potential points deduction. And even being relegated to league one there is no gurantee things will get better. We were lucky a billionaire wanted us for £30m odd. Can't see someone paying that kind of money for the club this time around. If i was Cotteril i would leave and say i was just another chump the skates lied to. better that then have the next potential 12-24 months of bad press coming your way!

How long until the Downfall parody video?

I think Saints only cost about £12m odd to buy

So they will receive a points deduction then?

With apologies to the many who have explained this previously, but in the interests of helping everyone keep up.......

If they come out of administration without a CVA, yes.

If they are sold in administration, yes.

If they just stay in admin for now, no, but transfer embargo stays. So not much of a team.

Then there could be financial irregularities later. And that could mean poinys deduction too.

Must check the toaster.

Sigh!!

#1 15 Jul 2010 17:27 Complain | Prev | Next | Quote and reply to userReply to user

Signed: June 2008 Can other creditors appeal against HMRC? ...

Academy

Academy

Is this even feasible?

What would happen if the large percentage of creditors who agreed to the CVA appealed against HMRC in court in a seperate case? Could they not argue that HMRC's appeal could jeopardise the money they are owed by the club if the worst happens and we are liquidated?

Hi guys,

OK, have been checking the situation and pressing for something, so here we are.

Of course, HMRC have put in an appeal. Talking to people, in a way this is a very good thing as it's addressing one of the main issues we have at the club at the moment (HMRC's appeal centres around one aspect in particular), and this will have forced a few hands hopefully.

There is a meeting this Monday coming, in London, between the administrators (Andronikou etc) and people connected with the Rob Lloyd interest, to discuss what can be done. HMRC will, of course, be under consultation as well. Things are moving along very quickly and, hopefully, this can focus a few minds.

So, don't think everything is bad news. As I said before, in some ways the HMRC appeal could prove to be a good thing and, as I was just discussing with somebody, we could be looking back on this in the future and thinking the HMRC could have done us a huge favour.

As usual, we shall see. Nothing can be guaranteed but that's a bit of the situation for you.

Lol.

Could be time for everyone to change their avatars again in tribute to our friends at HMRC......

Lol took me a week to figure out how to get the one I got but will get right on it asap.

Let's all laugh at poopy, let's all laugh at poopy, la la laa la.....

Hi guys,

OK, have been checking the situation and pressing for something, so here we are.

Of course, HMRC have put in an appeal. Talking to people, in a way this is a very good thing as it's addressing one of the main issues we have at the club at the moment (HMRC's appeal centres around one aspect in particular), and this will have forced a few hands hopefully.

There is a meeting this Monday coming, in London, between the administrators (Andronikou etc) and people connected with the Rob Lloyd interest, to discuss what can be done. HMRC will, of course, be under consultation as well. Things are moving along very quickly and, hopefully, this can focus a few minds.

So, don't think everything is bad news. As I said before, in some ways the HMRC appeal could prove to be a good thing and, as I was just discussing with somebody, we could be looking back on this in the future and thinking the HMRC could have done us a huge favour.

As usual, we shall see. Nothing can be guaranteed but that's a bit of the situation for you.

Is that you Lifelongcherrypipskate?

LOLAGE at this ... perfect for this fred .... just substitute the "yeah" with "they're" (and you will be!!)and Robert is your sisters husband (or if you are a skate probably your brother and your dad as well)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAfOUnYrtPQ&feature=related

Okay .... here is another version ... come lads I'm sure someone out there in The Saints Web Land can do one as well :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FtpVvJ0Cnw&feature=related

I fluffing love the Taxman. Not only did I get home from work to hear the news of the appeal, but there was also a letter on my door mat from the HMRC containing a cheque for £710.25, an income tax rebate!

However, I think Pompeyscot may have a point. Chanrai was only sticking around to collect the parachute payments to recover his investment, this appeal is bad news for him as it de-values the club and means that his nice little 4p per year CVA may get throw out the window.

No CVA equals points deductions, rubbish squad, rubbish results, even worse crowds than they normally get and likely relegation. Therefore he is less likely to be able generate income to cover running costs during the coming seasons whilst he waits for those parachute payments to fall in his lap.

Now it may make more sense for Chanrai not to regain control of the club following relegation. This leaves the door open for a.n.other (Lloyd's consortium is still sniffing around for a bargain) to come in and take over the club for next to nothing, with no CVA and more importantly no agenda of recouping previous investments. There will be points deducted, but the debts will all have disappeared. Probably a better long term solution for Poopey than Chanrai hanging around.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by PompeyScot viewpost-right.png

Hi guys,

So, don't think everything is bad news. As I said before, in some ways the HMRC appeal could prove to be a good thing and, as I was just discussing with somebody, we could be looking back on this in the future and thinking the HMRC could have done us a huge favour

.... or possibly PFCs Benthelegend :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBC Sport understands the club could start the Championship season without any further points penalties,

having been deducted nine points by the Premier League last campaign.

Someone please explain to the BBC that they won't get a points deduction whilst they are in Admin

and the PL points deduction last season is not relevant, only I am off to work now.

So Thurday 15th July is the new date for the calandar then? Shame it's not the 8th of July, as it would have been fitting for the knife to be twisted on the anniversary of this thread...

BTW, the most certainly haven't got away with it.

Is it rude to quote myself from 28 days ago?