Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They owe millions in footballing debts. Those you mentioned are not footballing debts but secured debts which, to the FA, come behind the football debts.

Yes, I stand corrected. But being secured they get paid back at 100p in the pound I think (and they will get paid), which was my point.

They just continue to believe that they can do what they want, & ignore the rules. The Skates are under a transfer embargo & therefore cannot bring players in. But today they announce they've agreed a season long loan for Sonko from Stoke???? At present they have 20 players, how do they think the FL will ratify this deal??

Rules what rules, but when do Poopey ever worry about rules eh they are only there for other clubs. Cheats! AA is truly a comedy legend!

Bournemouth's embargo was enforced for a season. Meanwhile, P****y expect to sign a player five minutes after the appeal confirms their embargo is supposed to remain. Apparently, there's one rule for most clubs, and another for the

CHEATING BASTARDS

Bournemouth's embargo was enforced for a season. Meanwhile, P****y expect to sign a player five minutes after the appeal confirms their embargo is supposed to remain. Apparently, there's one rule for most clubs, and another for the

CHEATING BASTARDS

Perhaps the FL will wait for him to play and then deduct points for fielding ineligible players

I have never seen anyone as complacent as Handy Andy, (except possibly Storrie) and it always unsettles me.

Even now as the sh1tstorm gathers he says, Oh yes we'll get the appeal overturned & sue HMRC, we'll get England's number one to re-sign, we'll bring in Prem & international players etc etc

And I still can't decide if he is

a) Just crap at his job, like Storrie, making it up as he goes along & hoping for the best

b) A genius who is still working to a secret masterplan to undermine all our hopes

or c) Downright clinically insane

Because it can't possibly be d) A thoroughly professional IP working diligently in the best interests of all the creditors

I voted in their poll, along with all their delusioned idiots. Of course, they must hold out for the best prices for their overpaid players, even if that means that they will remain on the Skate's books, continuing to earn money and increase the tax bill that they can't afford and which Chainrai will increasingly resent paying.

Today's Vote:-

Should Pompey hold out to gain the best prices for their star players?

80% Yes - we must not be ripped off

14% No - we are in a financial mess and need every penny

6% Hold out and see if we get a new owner

Go for it, Skates!

I was always worried that their new 'man at the top' knew too many loopholes from his previous employers.

Man at the top came from the FA I believe where as the main rules pompey have to try and get round are FL ones.

Man at the top came from the FA I believe where as the main rules pompey have to try and get round are FL ones.

Given the long and bitter rivalry between the FA & FL you do wonder whether his presence will actually do more harm than good for the CHEATS

I see now Andy is blaming "football" for trying to rip him off over the valuation of Boateng.

Pompey, advised by their player sales consultant who has 20 years experience in football, value Boateng at over £6m. "Football", a collective term for every other club in the world, value him at less than £3m.

Hang in there, Andy. Something will turn up. And it'll be Rob Lloyds problem after Monday, anyway, not yours.

Pompey, advised by their player sales consultant who has 20 years experience in football, value Boateng at over £6m. "Football", a collective term for every other club in the world, value him at less than £3m.

Even that is pushing it isn't it? When you take in attitude problems which he has had in the past, why would anyone bother?

I see now Andy is blaming "football" for trying to rip him off over the valuation of Boateng.

Hang in there, Andy. Something will turn up. And it'll be Rob Lloyds problem after Monday, anyway, not yours.

Haha I have just read the latest AA rant on SSN about KPB. How he can calmly try and shaft so many while also thinking everyone else should pay top dollor to help bail the club out of the poop is beyond me.

Clubs will automatically try to pay the lowest price possible for a player and buying from a club in admin is usually the cheapest place to shop. When AA realises getting something for KPB is better than paying his inflated wages he will bring his valuation of a mid prem level player down to the same as other clubs are willing to pay. The only way he will get more will be if more than one team want to buy him and are willing to out bid each other.

Haha I have just read the latest AA rant on SSN about KPB. How he can calmly try and shaft so many while also thinking everyone else should pay top dollor to help bail the club out of the poop is beyond me.

Clubs will automatically try to pay the lowest price possible for a player and buying from a club in admin is usually the cheapest place to shop. When AA realises getting something for KPB is better than paying his inflated wages he will bring his valuation of a mid prem level player down to the same as other clubs are willing to pay. The only way he will get more will be if more than one team want to buy him and are willing to out bid each other.

because he is not acting as an administrator but as employee of Chainrai

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Pompey-eye-Greek-duo.6425142.jp

Brings a whole new meaning of the word 'delusional' !!

:)

This guy is brilliant. His remit is to try to get the best deal for the creditors but he has abandoned that idea and swapped it for playing some fantasy football and a few trips away on the expenses.

Poopy fans must be so thrilled to know he has the clubs best interests at hart and must be looking forward to the years ahead supporting there club as it goes from strength to strength.

LOL

Please can someone explain. If they bring squad below 20 are they allowed to bring in an unlimited number of players or just bring it back up to 20?

I don't think they can bring in any, unless the FL agree that it is "exceptional circumstances".

I hope the FL would agree with me, that "unavoidable" forms part of "exceptional".

We'll see.

WRT AA's claims that they can continue in admin for several seasons - the FL rules say that their membership would be terminated if that were to happen :

From Wimbledon's woes ( http://www.wisa.org.uk/cgi/l/articles/index.cgi?action=show&id=440 ) "This decision comes as welcome news after the League’s Board of Directors had previously confirmed that in accordance with its insolvency policy Wimbledon FC would not be permitted to begin a second season in administration.

Therefore, unless Wimbledon exit administration by the 31st July 2004 its League membership will be terminated and the League now hopes that the Inland Revenue accept this decision and allow the Club to finalise its exit from administration in advance of that date."

From earlier this year re Stockport (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/08/stockport-county-takeover-bid-blocked ) "The threat to Stockport's long-term future lies in the fact that the League will not permit it to begin a second season in administration, potentially making it the first club since Aldershot and Maidstone United in 1992 to be expelled from the competition over insolvency issues

I wonder if this is another area which HMRC are planning to bring up in court

Wasn't that their original objection. They tried to show that AA wasn't independent of Chanrai but lost. But, with everything that's happened since, I reckon they could easily demonstrate that he is working for Chanrai and not for the creditors.

Wasn't that their original objection. They tried to show that AA wasn't independent of Chanrai but lost. But, with everything that's happened since, I reckon they could easily demonstrate that he is working for Chanrai and not for the creditors.

I don't think they lost as such, I think they released a statement saying they were satisfied that AA was independent from Chainrai, wouldn't surprise me in the meantime if HMRC have been gathering evidence suggesting the opposite.

Wasn't that their original objection. They tried to show that AA wasn't independent of Chanrai but lost. But, with everything that's happened since,

I reckon they could easily demonstrate that he is working for Chanrai and not for the creditors.

Yes that is correct I seem to remember but alas I still have a bit of doubt about the Judiciary when

it comes to dealing with football clubs. Makes me sound like that Nick bloke :scared:

I don't think they lost as such, I think they released a statement saying they were satisfied that AA was independent from Chainrai, wouldn't surprise me in the meantime if HMRC have been gathering evidence suggesting the opposite.

Fairly sure they said they accepted his independence at the time but reserved the right to challenge it later, or was that something else?!

Fairly sure they said they accepted his independence at the time but reserved the right to challenge it later, or was that something else?!

That sounds about right.

I thought they challenged the legitimacy of aa's firm being independant administrators based on them being brought in specifically by Chainrai who at the time was in th same boat as everyone else. I think the thought was that the administrators would lean to work for Chainrai before anyone else. I dont think they actually came out and said as such though.

When it came down to it aa's firm are registered administrators and are meant to be bound to the same rules any other administrators they probably didnt have much to go on so dropped there date in court.

Wouldnt suprise me if they have been looking for anything that suggests they are in fact working in the best intrests of Chainrai and I bet they would love to ram there findings up his arse when they get there date in court.

Heres hoping. :D

I'm getting a bit bored with AA.

First we had Storrie talking rubbish, then Grant started chipping in and it was a great comedy act.

They lost it a bit when Storrie went quiet but AA really picked up the pace, he has been hilarious at times and there were few things funnier than AA and Grant doing their Pete and Dud motivational monologues.

But now he seems to be out of material, it's the same tired old gags and claims, overpriced players, building a promotion team, insults to the taxman and the jokes about ignoring all the football rules, he needs a new act.

Maybe Lloyd can inject some fresh laughs into this show, but AA is out of ideas - we've heard all of his one liners before.

He needs to give up the comedy and start something completely different - like administrating on behalf of creditors.

WRT AA's claims that they can continue in admin for several seasons - the FL rules say that their membership would be terminated if that were to happen :

From Wimbledon's woes ( http://www.wisa.org.uk/cgi/l/articles/index.cgi?action=show&id=440 ) "This decision comes as welcome news after the League’s Board of Directors had previously confirmed that in accordance with its insolvency policy Wimbledon FC would not be permitted to begin a second season in administration.

Therefore, unless Wimbledon exit administration by the 31st July 2004 its League membership will be terminated and the League now hopes that the Inland Revenue accept this decision and allow the Club to finalise its exit from administration in advance of that date."

From earlier this year re Stockport (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/08/stockport-county-takeover-bid-blocked ) "The threat to Stockport's long-term future lies in the fact that the League will not permit it to begin a second season in administration, potentially making it the first club since Aldershot and Maidstone United in 1992 to be expelled from the competition over insolvency issues

Yes, but none of that applies here. Because there is one set of rules for all the other clubs, and another one for the

CHEATING BASTARDS

Their player sales consultant would'nt answer to the name of Peter, by any chance, would he.

After al, a certain Mr Storrie has years of experience of 'over-egging' the purchase and sale of useless products.

is that seriously w******ds bell in the background?

From the Pompey website:

"The Blues were backed by around 20 travelling fans at Oxnard College, an hour north of Los Angeles, including John W******d, who drew attraction with his bell, hat, wig and clown boots."

TBH HMRC are right in their stance. It's not just the skates, it's the bigger picture with millions at stake in a time when all of us will be looking to save money, as well as pay more to sort the debt.

The schadenfreude does kick in and I really couldn't wish better than for the first real big case, after Leeds, to be that sleazy lot down the wrong end of the M27.

Edited by EastleighSoulBoy
syntax