Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Rubbish. Really wanted to Steve to stay. They will probably appoint someone like Dave Jones now and be ok :(

Personally I think these Russians really know there stuff about football and that one or both should step up to the mark and take on the manager role.

Most of us want him out Ped, absolutely ckueless tactically and not getting anywhere near the best out of the players he has. But who replaces him...

We all can see that. What we don't know is why Notts Forest appear unable to.

Surely the below chart, nicked from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Coast_derby tells you all you EVER need to know about which team is the best. Job sorted

Competition Played Results Goals

Saints Pompey Draw Saints Pompey

Southern League

32 15 12 5 43 43

Football League

26 12 6 8 47 33

Premier League

4 2 2 0 6 6

FA Cup

5 4 1 0 12 6

League Cup

1 1 0 0 2 0

TOTAL 68 34 21 13 110 88

We all can see that. What we don't know is why Notts Forest appear unable to.

In The Sun (must therefore be true) Forest are about to be taken over by a Chinese consortium. Now Hong Kong is now part of China again, what price our favourite loan shark might have found another opportunity and needs hos favourite lap dog?

The reason for the terms to describe each other is factually unknown but widely speculated. 'Scummer' is reported to have being born from the term SCUM (Southampton City (or Corporation) Union Men).

That's well known but unfortunately it is completely made up. The organisation mentioned never existed nor can anyone find any reference to any strike in Portsmouth docks which, when you remember is a Naval dockyard, isn't surprising.

If Clots leaves then it will give the russians another chance to show their intent. Get a half decent manager in and even if they continue with the building (very) slowly approach it will show they are at least taking it seriously. If some no-body gets the job it will be like a copy cat of Rupes taking on the dutch duo!

I know which one I am hoping for. :D

That's well known but unfortunately it is completely made up. The organisation mentioned never existed nor can anyone find any reference to any strike in Portsmouth docks which, when you remember is a Naval dockyard, isn't surprising.

So basically they call us Scummers due to a strike that never took place that had Southampton folk breach a picket line that was never there? And now the portsmouth elite even get inked up with pictures explaining this non event to somehow make it all seem more real? LOL'age me thinks

Well we'll miss his post-match interviews that's for sure. It'll be an interesting indicator as to who they get in to replace him.

Don't forget they need to find someone daft enough to take on the job in the first place. Could Avram come back? I wouldn't rule it out. . .

Sky Sports saying compensation has been agreed between Forest and Pompey for Cotterill.

Yeah, I wonder how much Pompey have had to pay Forest to take him off their hands...

Stuart Gray's on the coaching staff at PFC these days, isn't he? Seems an ideal replacement :o

Peter Reid will be new Manager at Potsmouth...:p

but only if he drops his demand that he be paid wages...:rolleyes:

Mind you, I wouldn't be so sure...

After all he worked at Plymouth for ages with only an occassional chance of seeing a pay packet.

Maybe that could be the overwhelming experience in his favour.

(Oh and also, good call, he's not as bad as some make out)

Sky Sports saying compensation has been agreed between Forest and Pompey for Cotterill.

Really hope he stayed as I can see them getting someone like O'Driscoll.

Huge sighs of relief then - with the transfer window being shut they had no way to sell anyone to avert the (possible) cash flow issues caused by their massive support.

This way they can con Forest for enough to pay TBH's wages for another couple of weeks

or billy davies! imagine that. a squad of big dirty players of limited technical ability, unable to score many but don't concede many. perfect match getting that little C in. they could be the dirtiest team of all time.

These are my thoughts too: O' driscoll wouldn't work for them as i think i'm right in saying, he likes to actually play football. The squad that the **** Cotterill has put together has been created to do one thing and one thing only: Scrap and scrape for a point. Dirty ****s the lot of them, if he does go (which i hope he doesn't as he's doing fine work at the moment) any manager who goes there will be hardpushed to get any football out of them. A skate **** mate of mine says its like watching a particularly average pub team this season.

Well we'll miss his post-match interviews that's for sure. It'll be an interesting indicator as to who they get in to replace him.

Sums it up for me, this will be a massive statement of the Russians intent going forward.

O'Driscoll or Billy Davies would be good choices in different ways and be very disappointing from our point of view. Uncle Avram or the Russian version of Jan Poortvliet would make me very, very happy.

Not sure about Peter Reid - good experience but could he genuinely take them forward, or Stuart Gray - good coach but failed as a manager in the past, has he learnt from his mistakes?

Interesting times indeed...

Billy Davies and Dave Jones would require hefty transfer budgets. I can't see them getting that at Pompey.

O'Driscoll would be a good one for them, used to working within financial constraints, will get the team playing good football over a period of time (although will need to move on all the cloggers first).

Gray is in situ at the moment, although it's possible he might follow Cotterill to Forest...

Sums it up for me, this will be a massive statement of the Russians intent going forward.

O'Driscoll or Billy Davies would be good choices in different ways and be very disappointing from our point of view. Uncle Avram or the Russian version of Jan Poortvliet would make me very, very happy.

Not sure about Peter Reid - good experience but could he genuinely take them forward, or Stuart Gray - good coach but failed as a manager in the past, has he learnt from his mistakes?

Interesting times indeed...

Peter Reid is an odd one. He should be able to do a good job somewhere with all the experience but has been a little tainted by lack of involvment for large spells and taking on a few impossible tasks which have dented his cv. He is in a position where if he wants to get back into management the offers available will be of struggling teams but he probably needs to go somewhere that has got past most of its struggles and are looking in the right direction.

I expect Stuart Gray to take over in the short term unless Clots wants to take him to NFFC? Could Lampit be next in line to be caretaker? There is hardly an abundance of backroom staff down there as with such a small squad they need fewer coaches. ;) So Lampits name could seriously be on the radar for the short term. Now that would be amusing.

Who was it that football is a funny old game??

Why oh why do a decent, footballing side like forest want the under acheiving clotterill.

To be honest I am gutted, as others have mentioned, not to have his 5.00 ramblings, will leave a big hole. Not to mention the fact that he just couldnt get a half decent squad going.

I simply dont understand those, that think he has done a good job in difficult times. For me he has been shocking and acheived nothing more than the average fan from the stand could. I dont think this will do them any harm at all, infact, as much as it pains me, it could be the opposite.

Who was it that football is a funny old game??

Why oh why do a decent, footballing side like forest want the under acheiving clotterill.

To be honest I am gutted, as others have mentioned, not to have his 5.00 ramblings, will leave a big hole. Not to mention the fact that he just couldnt get a half decent squad going.

I simply dont understand those, that think he has done a good job in difficult times. For me he has been shocking and acheived nothing more than the average fan from the stand could. I dont think this will do them any harm at all, infact, as much as it pains me, it could be the opposite.

Totally agree with you

This is another gift from the gods landing at the feet of the "Phew" !

Unpopular amongst the dwindling Skate fans and underachieving with a fairly expensively assembled squad - Now the Russians don't have to consider sacking him and compensating him, but they have trousered some compensation and can go and get somebody better ( Which given Clotts record will not be too difficult to do).

Another lucky break for the caravan club !

This is another gift from the gods landing at the feet of the "Phew" !

It certainly is Fox, it certainly is.

A landmark day on this magnificent thread, the revelations always come on a friday!

Its sad to hear of clotters departure, as he has been doing a tremendous job for SFC and all is fantastic supporters.

He clearly isnt as dumb as we suspect, spinning his way into this role, despite the total failure at the skates on the biggest budget in the division and his post match comedy displays...

As he said on skysports earlier, as soon as Forest fell for it, he was 'flattered' and he was itching to get away.. he was even revving his engine whilst the reporter was talking to him!

Clearly a mutual feeling for the Russian mafia too, after thrashing out a compo deal throughout the night...

This is funny as about a week ago I posted a Skate news article on here featuring Dubov, who claimed he had ''unshakable belief'' in the clotto... PMSL

****ing fantastic and the mafia will be delighted to recoup there bonanza £100k investment in some toilets and having the clock repaired!

What the money launderers do next will be interesting and very telling, do they appease the fans and go for Ancellotti or whatever, or promote from within.

Clotteril was the second biggest spender in the division this summer, those players he brought in just a few weeks ago might be feeling a little mugged right now!

I raise a glass to Fitzhughs prophecy the previous day, i propose a toast to... well, toast!

Loads of names in the frame with Saints connections. Seen Hoddle, Jones, Strachan, Reid mentioned, also Burley and Hughes available. Will be interesting to see which direction they go in, established/proven or promote within for cheapness.

Loads of names in the frame with Saints connections. Seen Hoddle, Jones, Strachan, Reid mentioned, also Burley and Hughes available. Will be interesting to see which direction they go in, established/proven or promote within for cheapness.

Definitely won't be Hughes, he left Fulham in the summer thinking he could get a better job. Fair to say the Fratton Park hotseat doesn't qualify there :lol:

Oh is he? I thought he was still out of work after that stint at Leicester.

He left Leicester after Pompey beat them 5-1 I think. It was the result that took them off the bottom of the table last season.

Considering how badly Sousa has done in England I'd think he'd be a good candidate ;)

Like others I fear they'll get someone like O'Driscoll but Burley or Avram would be priceless.

Its been emotional, and trying to fight back the tears.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15310914.stm

Clotts - "Its been an emotional morning, I had to take time to compose myself before I came out here to face you"

Yeah, I understand Steve - it wouldn't seem right if the Phew had seen you doing the dance of joy in fits of laughter this morning. Clotts must think Oct 14 is the new Christmas.

What we need to find is a |Russian Speaker, perhaps a legend, English Language skills and maybe even a spell in the country but who has absolutely no experience and is alleged to not be the brightest pebble on the beach.

Nope can't think of any Russians fitting that bill.

But wait there was a Ukrainian

Oh how Corpy would get foamed up over signing Shevchenko

This is a sad day for all us diehard Saints !

The Clot was 'manna from heaven' - thick, useless, bitter, twisted and a first rate pikey !

He will be sorely missed, especially for his classic after match interviews !

They'll struggle to find anyone who meets our criteria so well (Stuart Gray would be ok but apart from being useless he does not possess the other Skatal attributes that Snotrill had in spades!

No doubt they will talk about O'Neill, Hughes, Devonshire etc. but realistically the best they can hope for is Dave Jones or O'Driscoll !

The hope of Burley, Tony Adams or Uncle Avram pitching up to help with refurbishing the toilets is probably just a pipedream as well !

Quite depressing really :)

If thry bring in Our George, I bet he asks for wages in cases of Vodka....

My money is still on Pompey bringing in a ''forward thinking, talented and motivated......Russian Ice Hockey manager''. Their version of the Dutch Duo and SCW Experiment rolled into one. Get ready for Total Hockey, and even more red cards for fighting and roughness. :D

Sorry for the delay everyone, just back from doing what I promised and driving Cotterill up to Nottingham myself (he insisted on sitting in the back - refused to change his stubborn "only one up front" policy.

Ho me old mucker

I'm not sure I follow the idea that the Liebherr family will want £50M just to break even....

Can you just run those figures past me again, perhaps with a little more detail....

I based it on the £20m they were quoted as having paid to buy the club, £8m losses first year, £4-£5m losses last year and probably more this year, spending around £8m on players and let's not forget the £6m you tell me they're spending on your training ground. I make that £45m'ish. Add in a couple of players in the Jan window and that's how I got to £50m. Does it not add up?

Originally Posted by Wes Tender

Corpse Ho

Did you find that funny? Really? Jokes like that are only funny if there is some accuracy to them, something which was missing, because the cheeky little imp obviously had no up to date information regarding our more recent ownership. But if that was considered funny by you, then I suspect that my sense of humour bypass operation was carried out at a simultaneous time to your frontal lobotomy.

What a tool. No, it wasn't particularly funny but the talk about you costing 4 figures was clearly a (lame admittedly) JOKE. You're treating it as if he was being serious. Get a life

Has anyone else noticed how Corp's posts have changed - and I don't just mean that he is no longer telling us "if the rumour about where the money's coming from (and how much of it there is ready to be used on players and improving the club) are true you lot are going to be pig sick." (see post 143 on this thread written a long time ago but rather funny knowing what we know now).

He seems to have given up trying to tell us that Pompey are not financially fcked and how they can break even on their crowds of 14k. Instead he seems to have turned his attention to Saints and telling us things that we never knew about our team - like Lambert threw a wobbly because he didn't go to Newcastle. That we do not own our training ground. That Barnard is on £25k a week. I daresay next week we will learn that Marcus Leibher was a Nazi tank driver or that Adkins is really a Pompey fan or some other such rubbish dreamed up in the pubs of Portsmouth. Its almost as if he wants to divert our attention from the mess at Pompey./QUOTE]

That would be why I spent a coupler of pages recently arguing about our income for this season, would it?

Corp, the figure of £24M was an estimate of the Liebherrs' total outlay on the club, not a figure you can lump on to the rest of the estimates to suddenly say we're £50M in debt.

Try actually reading my posts. At no point did I say you were £50m in debt. I said that if the Liebherr's wanted to break even they'd probably want around that figure given what they've spent so far.

Or SAAB/Spyker, with, at best, an unclear ownership situation, and SAAB being in financial difficulty...

For about the 100th time, there is no unclear ownership situation at SAAB. Spyker cars, under Victor Muller, own SAAB. Antonov owns Spyker sports cars which was a seperate division that he bought from Spyker. Nothing unclear, nothing opaque.

And before anyone brings it up again, Victor Muller ISN'T listed as CEO and co - founder of CSI. he's on the CSI website because Antonov retained him as CEO of Spyker Sports when he (Antonov) bought it, just as he kept Lampitt as CEO at PFC

Steve, ref the £24m figure, I was quoting what gemmel said in his post below:

Originally Posted by Corporate Ho

But to be fair it's taken £24m (and that was the accounts for the year before last, nor last year’s remember)

One minute you are giving it large making out you have solid info from the accounts about the loss then, when you are made to look a fool (AGAIN) you try to back track by saying the info was from eles where.

You really are an idiot of the highest order corpwhoar. Give it up.

Let's go gently for you, shall we. The figures I listed from the accounts are there for all to see and I quoted them. Then, when I replied to Gemmel I quoted the figure he used in his post. No backtracking, not saying the info was from elsewhere, just using what was in the posts I was referencing.

Billy Davies and Dave Jones would require hefty transfer budgets. I can't see them getting that at Pompey.

O'Driscoll would be a good one for them, used to working within financial constraints, will get the team playing good football over a period of time (although will need to move on all the cloggers first).

Gray is in situ at the moment, although it's possible he might follow Cotterill to Forest...

Gray is (please God) off to Forest. Would be happy with O'Driscoll but also wouldn't mind Derek McInnes being given a chance or, despite his obvious handicap, Paul Tisdale.