Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

The next appointment is going to say alot about the new owner's resources/intentions.

I'm tempted to put a few quid on their relegation, the odds will tumble as soon as they announce some Russian unknown as manager.

It worked for Hearts.

Wait....

What a tool. No, it wasn't particularly funny but the talk about you costing 4 figures was clearly a (lame admittedly) JOKE. You're treating it as if he was being serious. Get a life

[

Ok, I'll amend the joke to make it funnier.

So instead the guy says that if had a lottery win, he'd buy Pompey

And if four numbers came up, he's also buy Havant and Waterlooville.

That's much better and also much more believable too. What do you think?

My favourite is that some 30 odd pages ago I posted links to News articles and links to other information AND interviews about CSI & Bompey - but these are made up EVEN though they said it themselves on Telly! Oh and I commented on Renault Williams Sponsorship last year.

I then twice asked if any super googlers could go out and find any press releases or any information on that budget that contradicted the information I had found. I was happily open to the fact that the experts down the road would know where to look. Still depsite a reminder, they came up with? Nothing

So I quoted my information about their budget and asked for super googlers to try and disprove it.

And all the troll does is go on and on and on and on.

The reason I go on Dubya is because you seem unable to answer the simple question I go on and on about - namely, can budgets change from year to year or are they set in stone at the same level - which is what you seem to be saying.

To be fair, you posted a link to something saying CSI were talking about Bournemouth when I challenged you for any info (at the time they were looking at Pompey and you said they'd changed their minds and wanted Bournemouth again. The problem was, the link you posted was from last year when they were originally looking at Bournemouth - which made you look - to be fair - a prize chump.

Just for you, because you're so sooper and knowledgable and everything I've dug up some of your posts on the subject of CSI for us all to enjoy. Let's take a look at your never changing views on them.

10th Feb

How are the Russians getting on? Are they dodgy enough? Or is it all just a scam to get Bompey to drop their demands? Oh dear that would upset the Skates.

(Clue: It wasn't a scam)

26th Feb

I still like the "The Russians were expected to complete last Wednesday" line, which was followed on a Thursday by "None of the interested parties have proved funds yet"

I mean that's still up there with the Helpmerhonda takeover tale.

We all know it isn't real

(there we go folks, they haven't taken over at PFC, it wasn't for real.Dubya said so)

29th March

Hint

The lead Russian lives in Sandbanks

Wonder what he would prefer to with his Saturday afternoons? Fight his way past us or......

Chat on his Yacht with a retired Champ League winning "Arry

Just a guess of course

(Oh well, can't win them all Dubya)

8th April

They are real, they have a lot of money (remember that everyone, they do have a lot of money)

They have been trying to buy a number of clubs

They are not Billionaires

They are not completely stupid, so must have seen an angle (they're not stupid, remember that)

In theory if they got the few debt free (so to speak) and for a quid they would be OK finance wise in the NPC

24th April

I know I keep trotting this out, but don't overlook that fact that the Russians REALLY want to buy a Football Club.

Their record of owning Sports teams in Ice Hockey, Basketball & Motor Racing IS actually very solid. They also have a very large "war chest". (oh really, a "very large war chest")

Yes the economics are insane, but then sanity and football have never been close companions.

Convers Group had allocated a budget to buy Bompey last season. They never got past Go, however they DID still spend that money on sponsoring Renault Williams in F1, so again, other than getting some nice paddock passes and mingling with the fit chicks at the F1 parties it was an awful lot of money for very little.

I'm not defending them BUT they have extensive contacts in football, and according to sources in the media locally they talked "in general terms" to at least 5 "British" clubs before getting into details with poopey.

4th May

The Russkies looked a number of clubs - have evidence on that for anyone wants to come to Salisbury for beer Friday to somewhere with innernet. they looked before and have some comments from them about it.

They looked TWICE at Bompey once the Echo went all Lifelongcherrypip about it and once quietly again later posted about his car being spotted in Bompey (My God, his car was spotted in Bournemouth????? When you've already told ys in another post that he has a house in Sandbanks???? What a revelation)

It was ODD that they then appeared at Poopey but knowing they really want a lcub could have been last option

But somehow that public posturing MAY have driven Eddie back to the table

Then the link above on the Bompey forum that they were spotted in Eddie's box last weekend (so it was a link on a football forum, not ITK knowledge?)

Are they doing a deal, no proof. Could they have strung Poopey along to get Eddie back to the table - oh wouldn't that be funny. In fact it would be so funny it could only have been done on purpose (but they didn't and it wasn't)

Let's see, I'm just in smirk mode at the moment at the thought that something like that COULD possibly happen wouldn't describe it as a Baldrick moment - yet

18th May

Just to keep a specific number in mind, that 300m is also wholly co-incidentally the number that the EU lent them to help rescue Saab.

In the "you couldn't make it up stakes" with regard to the ownership tales, forget the (unprovable) links to the Russian Mafia, I simply love the idea that you can now come up with a scam to bid to save a great European Manufacturing company, get loads of money out of the EU, then drip feed it into said company too slowly while making up partnership deals, before finally pouring all that free money into buying your own train set.

(Oh dear. THEY DON'T OWN SAAN DUBYA)

6th July

Oh and yes the Russians do have 400 mil

Euros, the same number that the EU lent them, also in Euros...

(Lent them as owners of SAAB. Oh, hang on, Dubya's wrong AGAIN)

22nd September

Here is a different slant. (What, another one? How many is that now. If you do enough I guess you must get lucky and get one right)

Like I've mentioned before, CSI may well have a messy trail but that may not be where the future fun will lie, and it is all speculation.

But looking at Russians in a Business Culture way (something the PC UK never normally do - watch the cries of stereotyping from the troll)

Doing business with Russians it can help if you understand them. Some got to become Oliagarchs they had contacts and friends and you can read as much as you like about that on rumamafia or wherever.

Some got to become successful by seeing an opportunity and trading we see a lot of them here buying cheap bending import processes and selling high

But the uncanny thing when you deal with them is that it is almost always about "The Deal". We see them buying their Guggi down here - they are THE most aggressive negotiators.

Understanding they wanted to buy a club (their need/Ego has driven them to make that decision as we already acknowledge)

So, why did they buy poopey? Was it the quality of life in North End? The al fresco dining on the beach? Was it to leave a lasting legacy?

Or was it because they thought they got a damned good deal?

Now it's that last bit that determines how they move forwards, if they feel they got a great deal then they may speculate to accumulate. If they THOUGHT they were getting a good deal and things are crawling out of the woodwork - that will not look so good....

Was it Ego or was it Corporate Branding?

Any Russian language readers found any Corporate Press Releases yet? Anyone heard of them taking their biggest clients to games to enjoy the Hospitality (sic).

IMHO it was all about

1) someone was stupid enough to finally talk to them

2) someone convinced them it was a good deal.

For that person's sake, I hope it was. Personally I bet Caveat Empor will float around from time to time...

CVA what's that? as an example

(But Dubya, you said before they're not stupid. Why would we think smart men would buy something because they thought it was a "good deal". Beacause they're Russian? Oh, hang on, Chris Akers isn't)

Nive posts Dubya. What's the next "slant" ROTFPMSL

McInnes has permission to talk to Bristol City - thank goodness because he would be a good appointment. Anyone know any names of out of work second division Russian managers?

Iam Onthedoleov

Thicko Skatov

Fixo Ladiesbogov

Bluey Phewov

Desperatius Relagatiov

Bybye Steviecottov

To name but six, please form an orderly queue comrades !!!

:):):)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/cotterill_praises_fantastic_fratton_park_faithful_on_pompey_exit_1_3155567

'Simply the bestest' ™ he said as he drove off into the sunset !

Uncle Avram famously said "they'll never take away our spirit" just before he took the West Ham dollar !

So great, you just gotta leave them, eh ?

The thick skate still thinks that having a total outlay of £24M means you'd need £50M back to make any money then...

I know maths is pretty weak there... but that's just ridiculous.

Think he is basing his maths on how much has been spent since Markus took over. Of course we havent made any money at all in that time so everything is coming straight out of the owners funds. Season tickets are free and we paid Arsenal for Oxo to leave us.

In all honestly we are probably still indebted to Markus and his family but I would of thought that if they sold us now for £50 mil they would definitley see a proffit out of that. However, if they see us in the prem by the end of next season they will be looking at what is reported to be a £60 mil promotion I think. That will in its self return the investment that has been put in and also raise the value of the club should they wish to sell then.

I based it on the £20m they were quoted as having paid to buy the club, £8m losses first year, £4-£5m losses last year and probably more this year, spending around £8m on players and let's not forget the £6m you tell me they're spending on your training ground. I make that £45m'ish. Add in a couple of players in the Jan window and that's how I got to £50m. Does it not add up?

No.

The Liebherr's total outlay for the club was reported as £14 million. The losses you quote include player trading. So add that to the £6 million for the training ground. £33 million. Since then we have signed players for £1.8m and sold AOC for £12. So that makes roughly £23million.

Has anyone else noticed how Corp's posts have changed - and I don't just mean that he is no longer telling us "if the rumour about where the money's coming from (and how much of it there is ready to be used on players and improving the club) are true you lot are going to be pig sick." (see post 143 on this thread written a long time ago but rather funny knowing what we know now).

He seems to have given up trying to tell us that Pompey are not financially fcked and how they can break even on their crowds of 14k. Instead he seems to have turned his attention to Saints and telling us things that we never knew about our team - like Lambert threw a wobbly because he didn't go to Newcastle. That we do not own our training ground. That Barnard is on £25k a week. I daresay next week we will learn that Marcus Leibher was a Nazi tank driver or that Adkins is really a Pompey fan or some other such rubbish dreamed up in the pubs of Portsmouth. Its almost as if he wants to divert our attention from the mess at Pompey./QUOTE]

That would be why I spent a coupler of pages recently arguing about our income for this season, would it?

Well you did... but you didn't argue very well did you?? I suppose that it is difficult to argue that you are not financially fcked when 6 players get paid more than your gate receipts for a season. You did try to argue your case but you diidn't do very well. Ever since then you have come up with increasingly strange stories about Saints.

I suppose that if you can keep your head in the sand , you will not notice how close you are to the precipice.

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=28811

43 pages on Clots.

Useless ****

3 and a half years is mad

hes got a ****ing monkey head

Also completely ridiculous that we pay compensation for a manager with two wins in 19 and, as many Pompy fans claim, would be sacked soon anyway.

Pompy are laughing just the way we did at getting 1.5m for Perch!

Myth: Cotterill works on a shoestring

Fact: He spent over £5m in the summer at Portsmouth

Fact: Whilst at Notts County he had all the imaginary money in the world

"It was the match against Crystel Palace at home when I had taken two perspective clients to the match and was sat just above the dug out, a couple rows away from a whinging joey gudjohnsson.

A fan screamed down from the stands "come on stevie, sort the lazy b'stards out" to which Cotterill turned to the stand and with all the charm and charisma of a drunken ape shouted "yeah well done pal, why dont you try supporting your ****ing team you fcking halfwit" and then proceeded to clap at him.

I was in total shock and I sat there with my clients trying to act like i hadnt witnessed it.

and then just when it started to calm down he substituted Andy gray and as he was coming off went to shake his hand, they exchanged words which i couldn't hear but then cotterill pulled his hand back and said very clearly "Im the fcking manager and you'll do what I fcking say" which again resulted in more abuse from the stands.

I came away from that match with the opinion that he is an A graded tosser and to be quite frank I was ecstatic when he finally went.

Good luck to Forrest because they are seriously going to need it" - http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2116152411

It just keeps getting better and better

If the job is to finish fourth from bottom every season whilst dismantling the squad, he's probably the man for the job.

What a sad day in the history of Nottingham Forest. Steve Cotterill is a clown and i am refusing to take anyone seriously who beleives he is the right man for the job. The facts are plain and simple he has a win percentage of 29.8 % he is has not achieved anything at championship level, i dont accept the view his style of football will ruin us because i remeber long ball Billy Davies comments however he is always dissolussional in post match interviews he signs bad players been sacked a fair few times!!!! What i am really struggling to grip is why this appointment has any support from fans. I feel lied to by the board and Frank Clarke has let me down already with this appointment. The board said we dont have money so they go a pay 250k on a failed manager who cant motivate anyone or articulate his views. Their can surely be no one on here defending this appointment Cotterill has done well enough to get this opportunity at our clubs especially when there were better candadates who WERE FREE!!!!!!!! and i dont mean the ones who didnt want to come like O'Neil Keane and Curbishley but the others like Dave jones who has work on shoestrings for years and even made Cardiff money and took themm to two playoffs, O'Driscoll a man who cobbles together championship pros and has them playing nice football, Paulo Sousa who has proven credentials and loves clean sheets like our defence used to do hell even Aidy Boothroyd is free. So finally every club in the country are laughing at us because they know its a ****e appointment i am dreading speaking to Direby fans for the embarresment of this debarcle. Look i know we havnt got any money but just because Cotterill spent time at a pocketless Pompy that doesnt mean he is the best man we are not rich but we are still better off than clubs like doncaster, peterbrough, watford, barnsley, palace, millwall, ill tell you this those clubs would go nowhere near Cotterill.

THIS APPOINTMENT MAKES NO SENSE AND IS SCANDALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like his freaky nostrils. Or his accent.

Pompey fan in peace.

May I offer my most sincere condolences on your recent appointment. Cotterill is by far and away the most useless, tactically inept, carrot-crunching, hoof-ball encouraging ****-wit you will ever experience at the County ground.

He was appointed to us after the cup/relegation run, where we needed a modicum of stability as our club crumbled around us, and to be fair to him, he did give us relative stability, but even then it was tarnished with his defensive, 4-5-1 at home formations and lump-it-to-the-striker methods of play.

A record of 3 wins in the past 20 or so games kind of gives you an idea of how displeased we became of his managerial ability. Not only that, but we only played well a handfull of times in those past crop of games - the last being away to West Ham, where we still lost 4-3.

Cotterill will either deliver the goods and astound us all, or maintain that his system is the best and infuriate you to the point of going to the shops to see if they're doing a deal on a bottle of whiskey and a shotgun.

Whatever happens, you will need the patience of a saint (not the type that manifest themselves down the wrong end of the road from us) in order to keep yourselves awake at matches.

Oh, and expect an influx of equally useless Stoke loanees. He seems to like them for some reason.

Good luck with the future, whatever happens.

Now watch as we go and appoint Ian 'Elephant-face' Dowie.

P.S. Please be aware Cotterill comes to you with 'Non-Refundable' stamped onto his forehead.

Edited by gaz

I based it on the £20m they were quoted as having paid to buy the club, £8m losses first year, £4-£5m losses last year and probably more this year, spending around £8m on players and let's not forget the £6m you tell me they're spending on your training ground. I make that £45m'ish. Add in a couple of players in the Jan window and that's how I got to £50m. Does it not add up?

PMSL, think you might just be missing some numbers there.

In the meantime, until they find a replacement, they have Stuart Gray in charge :lol:

Lets hope they take their time finding a suitable replacement. :o

That aside - if the Russkies did manage to get 250k compensation as is rumoured - they have gone up considerably in my estimation. Outstanding piece of business. As one Forest fan put it...."we could probably have got him for free at 5pm on Saturday" :lol:

Lets hope they take their time finding a suitable replacement. :o

That aside - if the Russkies did manage to get 250k compensation as is rumoured - they have gone up considerably in my estimation. Outstanding piece of business. As one Forest fan put it...."we could probably have got him for free at 5pm on Saturday" :lol:

Your not wrong there kid, deal of the decade, Only eclipsed by you buggers screwing the silly Jocks with beer bottle burley,

http://pompeypages.com/2011/10/14/whos-in-the-running-to-replace-steve-cotterill/?

A pompey website listing potential managers. PMSL at the bottom two suggested and barring Dave Jones I'd be happy if skates appointed any of the rest on that list, especially two on there - a former England manager and someone who likes to visits homes of disrepute.

Dave Jones as appearing in that article. It looked to me if the skates had already rigged him up in their sailor boy mascot outfit for the photo:

dave_jones480.jpg

One name yet to appear on their list is WGS. Please don't do it Gordon,you should know it will end in failure, and tarnish your sacred reputation.

http://pompeypages.com/2011/10/14/whos-in-the-running-to-replace-steve-cotterill/?

A pompey website listing potential managers. PMSL at the bottom two suggested and barring Dave Jones I'd be happy if skates appointed any of the rest on that list, especially two on there - a former England manager and someone who likes to visits homes of disrepute.

That list is just pie-in-the-sky thinking, listing nearly anyone who has pulled on a Skate shirt in their playing career. By that token, I can't wait for Tony Adams' reappointment.

Shocking game, shocking atmosphere.........

They really are poor.........

They look totally **** tbf, a really poor team. No flow to the game, no real pace. Only player with any spark about him is that Butterflied lad, and he's been a bit wasteful at times.

Still annoys me how all the pundits keep going on about their ''brilliant support'' and ''great atmosphere'' making it a ''unique club''. They've got neither and they're just your bog standard lower league club.

I remember when they, and fans of quite a lot of other clubs (including ours), were saying during pre-season that "their first team is quality, it's just their lack of depth that will let them down". Said at the time those people were mental - their first team is sh*te.

I distinctly remember one person even claiming that they had the best first choice 11 in the league.