Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Despite recent low gates, the skates are convinced that they need a sparkly new stadium and bigger capacity.

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=381557

Saints played Sheff Wednesday in an FA Cup quarter final in the mid 80's and despite 4,000 Wednesdayites they got 17,000 in. The other day they got 32,000 for a Championship match.

Will that be the same FA Cup quarter final we won 5-1 with a crowd of 20,000+ with thousands of away tickets unsold? Never were good with numbers the skates.

New stadiums are like magic wands... one quick wave and all the seats will be filled.

Of course it doesn't work like that, but they really believe it. They might be slightly out with their figures (What a surprise) with regard to the costs of what a new stadium will actually work out at. We had a 5 - 7 year window, if we had missed that (As pompey have) then it would have made a new stadium 10 times harder to come by. Thats a big mortgage against unused season ticket sales

We were a small top flight team. There's a difference. We just took pride in the fact we were up there competing with Liverpool and Man Utd despite not having their money and facilities. No-one outside that league, with any sense, thought we were small.

I think you're missing my point.

We finished second in the exact year he said we struggled with relegation.

its okay, we'll have the world cup soon as the rest of the world loves us so much, and then the FA will pay for the new harbourdome.

No doubt we'll win it as well with our next 'golden generation'.:?

If that's too long to wait pompey just need to ask for investment - and the next collection of loan sharks and property developers will see an injured animal in desperate need of short term cash and move in for the kill.

Though Redkeith makes a valid point about fitting the home crowd into two stands....

They could turn the pitch now and only have three stands.

That would screw the child-maimer, he wouldn't have any options for selling the bit where the goal has a pavement behind it.....then again he could build his own stand and undercut them...maybe not, that's as mad as the harbourdome idea....

And I'm not sure if they have the money for repainting the white lines let alone some turf....

Or perhaps Storrie and Lampitt have driven them up a business cul-de-sac and they are fecked!

Saints played Sheff Wednesday in an FA Cup quarter final in the mid 80's and despite 4,000 Wednesdayites they got 17,000 in. The other day they got 32,000 for a Championship match.

Will that be the same FA Cup quarter final we won 5-1 with a crowd of 20,000+ with thousands of away tickets unsold? Never were good with numbers the skates.

From In That Number (Holley & Chalk)

. . . the attendance of 20,590 was disappointing, although the gaps were mainly at the away end where 3,000 tickets had gone unsold. Nevertheless, receipts totalled over £70k - a new ground record.

That's some rewriting by the phew! (again).

What we do know for an absolute fact is that the parachute payments cover the CVA payments. We know this because it allowed us to exit administration and is the legal basis for us so doing.[/Quote]

Well I didn't know that.

You don't pay for it outright, its financed [/Quote]

Anybody else want a free new stadium?

because we don't own any of that land, Gaydamak does.[/Quote]

yes, PCC can compulsorily purchase the land.[/Quote]

There you go, Mr. Gaydamak. Put that in your pipe & smoke it!

They have fallen a long way, and it's nice to see them acknowledge it and also that we get better attendances now.

- £35m for a new stadium? What would that get you nowadays, £15k capacity? Our out of the box stadium cost upwards of £30m ten years ago.

Well we have a phew relevant examples to consider, but before that we may as well blow the 36,000 habourdrome idea away = not a chance in hell poopey!

Brighton have opened there plush new stadium with top facilities (toilets and everything!), a 22k capacity and a landed cost of circa £93m...

The skates dont need to increase there capacity, as redkeith commented, they would be better off with a stadium reduction...

With that in mind lets take Doncaster FC and the keepmoat, built for £32m in 2006 with a 15k capacity. It looks like a baby St.Marys stadium and would be about the right size for the skates... building materials and land prices in mind you would probably be able to produce one of these for around £40-45m today...

If pompey really want to prove they are the bestest fans of all time ™ they could look at the Colchester model, which is a 2008 10k capacity stadium built for just £14m... it is a lot more basic but has the ability to be expanded to 18k... this would be perfect for poopey as they could show how there uber support has forced the stadium expansion, and if they couldnt do it then they have a perfectly adequate 10k stadium to live in... in todays prices this model would be around £20m.

a ground the size of Doncaster or Colchester seems about right for them, but it is clearly a moot point as they clearly dont have a pot to **** in... otherwise they would have paid the administration debts off from the begining, like Herr Liebherr did.

- Yes borrowing the money might be a problem from a UK bank, but their owners also own our friend Bankas Snoras, who as we know were refused a UK banking license. So could they borrow from Bankas Snoras or would the FSA stop the deal as the bank are effectively unlicensed?

Sounds like money laundering to me!

Reading some threads on the main bored it is frustrating to hear how this years 5-substitutions rule is holding us back from giving some of our fantastic academy prospects some valuable experience. Now we are out of the CC we have little opportunities to release the potential swelling in the ranks...

I hold one man and one club responsible for this... sure some other minows may have supported 5-subs but that ****ing skate bastard Clotteril and Poopey led the line all last season, pretending they couldnt fill the bench. They had youngsters to use, but decided to field half empty benches for games live on sky, to prove a bloody point. Dirty low life cheating cvnts.

Thats tactics will hold back our youngsters from getting NPC experience, and all other clubs that have infrastructure and aspirations... next time we are cruising 4-0 after 60 minutes at SMS, the next potential Theo/Bale/Chambo wont be on the bench to get that golden opportunity, because there aint enough space... well done Cotterill and Skate PFC... well ****ing done.

So thanks pompey, your pathetic club has held back all those decent clubs that aspire to realise potential and create future England players. Pompey are responsible for the downfall of English football for the next generation with there cheating little ways.

DCFSBs

Didn't we have a waiting list for season tickets at The Dell before we moved?

There was certainly a waiting list at some point. I was on it for two years before being able to get one in 1995. Considering The Dell was pretty much always sold out from then onwards, it seems reasonable to conclude that there was a waiting list from then until 2001 when we moved to St Mary's.

I don't see how they could afford a new stadium any time soon.

Their attendances so far this season aren't good enough for them to keep up with the CVA, so income isn't going to pay for it.

A global recession, not to mention they haven't even STARTED paying off a CVA from the last time they went bankrupt, would make any financing for the stadium extortionately expensive.

Not to mention increases in the price of materials over the last few years...

Yes, they desperately need a new stadium, not because they need the extra capacity, but because of the state of the old one, but I can't believe how many Pompey fans are talking about it as a realistic possibility.

When they were in the Premier League, with an ambitious and reasonably credible owner (Mandick), getting capacity crowds, at a time of economic health and rising property market, and with clear ownership of the ground and surrounding land - they couldn't get a viable new stadium / major redevelopment off the ground (save for Mandick's laughable JCB publicity stunt).

Now they are in the wrong half of the second tier, crowds have dwindled, a CVA has to be serviced, they no longer own all of the needed land, the property market has gone tits up, risky lending is a no-no, and they have an unproven pair of owners with no credible track record - and yet some stupid skates think a new stadium is a realistic possibility!

Deluded is too kind to them.

Didn't expect that... rumours going round that tickets for their game against us will actually go on general sale.

No doubt they'll still sell out, but it's another indication that the support for the team just isn't there any more.

The state of their club, combined with us, Brighton and Reading all around them being above them in the league must be starting to squeeze on their catchment area now.

When they were in the Premier League, with an ambitious and reasonably credible owner (Mandick), getting capacity crowds, at a time of economic health and rising property market, and with clear ownership of the ground and surrounding land - they couldn't get a viable new stadium / major redevelopment off the ground (save for Mandick's laughable JCB publicity stunt).

Now they are in the wrong half of the second tier, crowds have dwindled, a CVA has to be serviced, they no longer own all of the needed land, the property market has gone tits up, risky lending is a no-no, and they have an unproven pair of owners with no credible track record - and yet some stupid skates think a new stadium is a realistic possibility!

Deluded is too kind to them.

a bit un fair it was those Farlington ducks that put the skids under the skates

only reason they SAY they do not want one is because we have SMS

Yes these big soulless stadium reduce the influence of the home fans, after all just look at the comparative recent home records between SMS and FP... or maybe not.

There was certainly a waiting list at some point. I was on it for two years before being able to get one in 1995. Considering The Dell was pretty much always sold out from then onwards, it seems reasonable to conclude that there was a waiting list from then until 2001 when we moved to St Mary's.

I finally joined teh ST waiting list in 1996 after moving back down sounth from Scotland - was not offered an ST until we moved to SMS... nearly 5 years... although the financial climate was far better then, two things spring to mind as to why financing was possible: 1. Everyone hates Lowe but his managing the club within its means would have sent strong signals to the banks, 2. the ST waiting list showed we had the support..... given the current financial climate Pompeys recent financial troubles and unresolved ownership issues, the unpaid CVA and 2nd tier status, I doubt any proper bank local or international will be willing to take such a risk... if they raise 40-50 mil for a 20Ker (which may not be enough dosh), It would be unlikely to come from any properlay regulated bank IMHO...

We were a small top flight team. There's a difference. We just took pride in the fact we were up there competing with Liverpool and Man Utd despite not having their money and facilities. No-one outside that league, with any sense, thought we were small.

Not really, you imply we were like a plucky underdog, we were bigger than that, we had signed the EUROPEAN PLAYER OF THE YEAR in Kevin Keegan, we had England goalkeeper Peter Shilton (who made more of his England caps as a saints player than he did at any other club) , we had European football regularly, we were not a "small top flight team" in 1984

Due to the eviction at Dale Farm the travellers have been offered an alternative site on Portsmouth's football ground....

Furious at the thought of dirty, thieving, in-bred, semi literate animals living right on their doorstep, the travellers have turned it down

I've just been to the fancy dress shop, to get a Dracula costume for a party tonight. The girl gave me a Pompey shirt...I said, sorry love,you must of misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count!!!!

I finally joined teh ST waiting list in 1996 after moving back down sounth from Scotland - was not offered an ST until we moved to SMS... nearly 5 years... although the financial climate was far better then' date=' two things spring to mind as to why financing was possible: 1. Everyone hates Lowe but his managing the club within its means would have sent strong signals to the banks, 2. the ST waiting list showed we had the support..... given the current financial climate Pompeys recent financial troubles and unresolved ownership issues, the unpaid CVA and 2nd tier status, I doubt any proper bank local or international will be willing to take such a risk... if they raise 40-50 mil for a 20Ker (which may not be enough dosh), It would be unlikely to come from any properlay regulated bank IMHO...[/quote']

Same here - also joined the waiting list in '96 with two mates and we didn't get our season tickets until the move to SMS.

Back to the court case with HMRC chasing the money from transfers. If they have lost the case against Storrie would they be doing this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/8849216/Football-Association-ordered-to-open-its-books-as-tax-man-launches-new-clampdown-on-agents-fees.html

great find, too important to be missed!

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that the Football Association will send HMRC full details of all agents payments made during the 2010-2011 season next week after the tax authorities pressed Wembley to co-operate with their crackdown.

The FA’s disclosure is estimated to include about £80 million of agents fees paid by clubs in the Premier League and Football League in the year to the end of March. The FA is legally required to provide the information by next Monday and wrote to inform agents and clubs of the move earlier this month.

In the letter, a copy of which has been seen by The Daily Telegraph, the FA warns agents that they face full disclosure of every payment that has passed through Wembley’s clearing house account in the year.

HMRC has indicated that it intends to audit every deal in an attempt to clamp down on a loophole in the way agents are paid that it suspects is cheating the public purse out of millions of pounds of tax each year.

The Daily Telegraph understands that alongside the formal process HMRC has offered clubs an informal deal that would see them pay 50 per cent of the tax that could be chargeable to avoid every deal being scrutinised.

A

great find, too important to be missed! A

informal deal that would see them pay 50 per cent of the tax that could be chargeable to avoid every deal being scrutinised.

And in Poopeys case no doubt that will be 20% of the 50% paid over 5 years or until they renogtiate following their next admin

informal deal that would see them pay 50 per cent of the tax that could be chargeable to avoid every deal being scrutinised.

And in Poopeys case no doubt that will be 20% of the 50% paid over 5 years or until they renogtiate following their next admin

Althought Pompey may have had a hand in HMRC wanting to get something done about this, Doesnt the dates relate to a time when Pompeys deals had to go through to be ratified by the FA? Spending cash that possibly should be earmarked for paying debts on quality over quantity is one thing but tax dodge deals via the FA might not have been so easy. If the disclossure of every payment over the last 3 years was in question then Pompey might have a little more to worry about I would of thought as allot of players went in and out of the club with allot of money changing hands yet the club still bombs with record debts.

This might just close a loophole that may have enabled not so clean money to go through a washer though. ;)

Althought Pompey may have had a hand in HMRC wanting to get something done about this, Doesnt the dates relate to a time when Pompeys deals had to go through to be ratified by the FA? Spending cash that possibly should be earmarked for paying debts on quality over quantity is one thing but tax dodge deals via the FA might not have been so easy. If the disclossure of every payment over the last 3 years was in question then Pompey might have a little more to worry about I would of thought as allot of players went in and out of the club with allot of money changing hands yet the club still bombs with record debts.

This might just close a loophole that may have enabled not so clean money to go through a washer though. ;)

I guess, in a back-handed compliment kind of way, the skates are the catalyst for change of the governence and corporate compliance in Football... Pompeys blatant money laundering and tax evading behaviour, combined with a disgusting attitude to creditors, the legal system and the taxpayer, has highlighted everything that is wrong with football.

http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/news/article/newsitem=1490/title=football+faces+%A3100m+fraud+concern

The Russian mafia will have to work quickly to launder that saab and russian railways money through skatesville before the authorities grow a pair.

In other news, Susan Boyle has applied for the poopey job, and is aggresively pimping himself for the role:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7268640/

I guess, in a back-handed compliment kind of way, the skates are the catalyst for change of the governence and corporate compliance in Football... Pompeys blatant money laundering and tax evading behaviour, combined with a disgusting attitude to creditors, the legal system and the taxpayer, has highlighted everything that is wrong with football.

http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/news/article/newsitem=1490/title=football+faces+%A3100m+fraud+concern

The Russian mafia will have to work quickly to launder that saab and russian railways money through skatesville before the authorities grow a pair.

In other news, Susan Boyle has applied for the poopey job, and is aggresively pimping himself for the role:

Yeah exactly, It may be a little to late to get muchio LOL'age out of the carnage that would take place down there but I think its fairly safe to say that had they not royally taken the P*** HMRC might not of wanted to have such a good dig around. It will help stop them trying the same tricks yet again though which should do more to keep them in their place in future. ;)

Yes these big soulless stadium reduce the influence of the home fans, after all just look at the comparative recent home records between SMS and FP... or maybe not.

Never quite sure about this soulless stadium line of thinking. All football clubs have a pitch and some stands. The Dell what with being on top of the players I guess had soul, but I still think that it is the crowd that give the soul and not the stadium per se. Sometimes acoustics can play a part, but still it's the crowd which is the major part. I though that there was plenty of good feeling or soul at SMS against WHU as the support (both home and away) was excellent. Empty stadia don't give great atmosphere anywhere. And would people really want to return to the Dell? And are any all seater stadia soulful?

noticeable that since the away end at Fratton had a roof Home support not so much louder than away fans, myth of fratton built on a massive unfair advantage which has been removed

Yeah exactly, It may be a little to late to get muchio LOL'age out of the carnage that would take place down there but I think its fairly safe to say that had they not royally taken the P*** HMRC might not of wanted to have such a good dig around. It will help stop them trying the same tricks yet again though which should do more to keep them in their place in future. ;)

Which, depending upon which side of the fence we all sit, and view we may hold, may (or may not) cause some concerns to certain owners of Football Clubs who may (or may not) have had less than Altruistic Ideals as to how to fund their Train sets.

Which in a few cases may mean :lol: as the owners feel blue

Meanwhile, chief executive David Lampitt has praised the role caretaker managers Guy Whittingham and Stuart Grayspacer.gif have played since Cotterill's exit.

Lampitt said: "We have to be incredibly grateful to the existing coaching staff, as well as the players. They've done a fantastic job since Steve left.

"It's not only the wins which have been first class but the performances, too.

"From my position, and that of the board, it gives us breathing space.

"It doesn't take the pressure off. Not many things do that! It just gives us a bit of time.

"If we had any concerns about the strength, ability and experience of the coaching staff we would be under more pressure. But people can see Guy and Stuart have the team set up well and playing well."

So what are you waiting for, Mr. Limpitt?

Give them the f*cking job. :D

From POL. Investment is now pouring into the club!!!

Hi all,

Steve Tovey and Mick Williams, acting on behalf of the Conference, met with Derek Stone earlier this week. Here are the notes from the meeting;

In attendance:

Mick Williams FC

Steve Tovey FC

Derek Stone PFC

Marie Stedman PFC

Johnny Moore PFC

Derek Stone now Operations Manager / Marie will be Matchday Administrator with effect from N Forest game

Genesis One , now hold contract for Cleaning and Maintenance work at the ground , so replacing PFC maintenance team.

Cleaning Staff are being provided on a matchday by Genesis to prepare ground before and after a match , which should be a marked improvement.

Toilets have been visited and photographed and modifications required identified and classified into three categories:-

Category A - Work required immediately

Category B – Work to be carried out by end of season

Category C – Work to be carried out if budget allows to be reviewed

Derek had identified a financial issue with the toilets as a result of repeated flushing water bills were unnecessarily high and water wastage significant. This will be corrected with new toilets being installed on north side of the ground.

Cat A work is already underway with materials already purchased from Mick W Gosport depot and hot water supply / new taps will be fitted in ladies toilets by N Forest game; which was acknowledged by Mick W and Steve T as great news.

In regard to the South stand whilst there are no plans to increase the number of Ladies facilities , the old maintenance office is being removed on the concourse adjacent to the food bar , which will free up significant space , which will allow shelving to be installed and which will significantly reduce congestion in the area.

Fratton End clock has been removed and repaired , but is likely to be repositioned in the ground as plans are afoot for electronic scoreboard to be installed all part of improvements identified by new owners.

Mick /Steve thanked Derek for his time and update and agreed to spread the positive news

Quality post.

Reminds me of my days back home when The Village Parish Coucil used to send the Minutes round

Oh, did I notice they now have a permanent post in their Management Team?

Matchday ADMINISTRATOR............

Hi all,

Steve Tovey and Mick Williams, acting on behalf of the Conference, met with Derek Stone earlier this week. Here are the notes from the meeting;

In attendance:

Mick Williams FC

Steve Tovey FC

Derek Stone PFC

Marie Stedman PFC

Johnny Moore PFC

Derek Stone now Operations Manager / Marie will be Matchday Administrator with effect from N Forest game

Genesis One , now hold contract for Cleaning and Maintenance work at the ground , so replacing PFC maintenance team.

Cleaning Staff are being provided on a matchday by Genesis to prepare ground before and after a match , which should be a marked improvement.

Toilets have been visited and photographed and modifications required identified and classified into three categories:-

Derek had identified a financial issue with the toilets as a result of repeated flushing water bills were unnecessarily high and water wastage significant. This will be corrected with new toilets being installed on north side of the ground.

Cat A work is already underway with materials already purchased from Mick W Gosport depot and hot water supply / new taps will be fitted in ladies toilets by N Forest game; which was acknowledged by Mick W and Steve T as great news.

In regard to the South stand whilst there are no plans to increase the number of Ladies facilities , the old maintenance office is being removed on the concourse adjacent to the food bar , which will free up significant space , which will allow shelving to be installed and which will significantly reduce congestion in the area.

Fratton End clock has been removed and repaired , but is likely to be repositioned in the ground as plans are afoot for electronic scoreboard to be installed all part of improvements identified by new owners.

Mick /Steve thanked Derek for his time and update and agreed to spread the positive news

This is a p iss take, right?

Good to see the Corpse has disappeared with all this lack of good news going round ;)

He hasn't disappeared. He still regularly logs on and looks at the forum - his member profile shows he came on here on 24 October.

Remember also that he claims to post on the main board using another name. He claims to use his wife's // sister's computer whilst wearing her knickers or something. I reckon he is lying. A true lass from Pompey wouldn't own any knickers !!

so it wasn't the wages or the ridiculous transfer fees, it wasn't even the massive agent fees that pushed them to the brink - it was the fact that one of their toilets flushes too much.

Note to board, make fans wait until they can't get the lid down before flushing in future, the water bill savings will keep the CVA on track and allow the new arena development to get going.

so it wasn't the wages or the ridiculous transfer fees, it wasn't even the massive agent fees that pushed them to the brink - it was the fact that one of their toilets flushes too much.

Note to board, make fans wait until they can't get the lid down before flushing in future, the water bill savings will keep the CVA on track and allow the new arena development to get going.

If we lose at Fratton I'm going to flush a toilet in anger on the way out. I might even leave a tap running. That'll teach 'em.

Hi all,

In attendance:

Mick Williams FC

Steve Tovey FC

Derek Stone PFC

Marie Stedman PFC

Johnny Moore PFC

Dear God ... they really are the last of the big spenders this lot.

Do they really need to wait for some future budgetary profit (never) to complete works on the toilets?

Yet amazingly the phew still seem to think they are on the cusp of building a new mega stadium!

When will the numpty fans realise that the shysters currently pulling the strings will only be putting in the barest minimum necessary until they have completed whatever finagling they "bought" the train wreck for and probably won't be seen again after that?

Can't see the Ruskies hanging around to pay off the CVA .... :lol:

From the BBC -

Lampitt reiterated his desire that Cotterill's replacement should have knowledge of the English game and preferably experience of the Championship.

But he added the new manager must like to play attractive football, be keen on player development through the club's youth programme, be expected to work on a tight budget and able to work the loan system.

Lampitt added: "Hopefully we are closer to the end of the process.

"It is an incredibly important decision for the future of the football club and we want to get it right.

"It continues a case of wanting to do it as soon as we possibly can but we will not be rushed and we will make the decision at the right time."

It does not sound like they will be splashing out on any big signings soon. On the plus side they do not mention he must have a good knowledge of DIY and general plumbing skills.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})