Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

yeah, credit where it's due - this could be the first financially-viable appointment by the club in over ten years.

Apart from the compensation package that they can't afford...

I believe they were lucky yesterday, I heard the forest boss saying that his side dominated the game, were on the wrong side of some decisions, and should definitely have won - so you have to feel sorry for him.

In fact you have to feel sorry for anyone who ever considered him to be a sensible manager and were chanting his name a month ago!

Thanks Steve for wasting a couple of million and a year and a half! Another legend to join Storrie etc.

Let's hope his old mate Lampitt continues with the hilarious 'quality over quantity' social experiment.

Pompey is a big club, the last undeveloped big club in Britain

Beyond deluded - absolute fantasy.

Potential crowds in the high 30Ks?

Mmmm, only if Barcelona were playing Man Utd in the Champions League final at the Harbourdome.

I suppose that while undeveloped little minnows like Villa, Spurs and Liverpool cower in pompey's vast shadow awaiting the next stage in their own business plans, the mighty blue sleeping giant is preparing to fix the flush on a toilet....a move that will see the regional superpower lord it over the rest of the world for a thousand generations.

I feel a bit sorry for some of them when they vocalise those sort of thoughts.

Then they open their mouths and some more mental stuff falls out, and I don't feel sorry anymore.

About the same we were paying Jan P a couple of years back? Perhaps, somebody at last has explained budgets to them.

Must have been the troll. After all, he is an expert, he taught me so much about them.

Now then, what was that budget figure I must have so erronously quoted for CSI this season again?

The tone of this thread is changing. For those of you on here for whom this has become a big part of of your lives, the awful truth must be now dawning. Not only are nasty old Pompey not going to disappear, they are stabilising on the road to recovery.

One of the side effects of this realisation is the ever more ludicrous and desperate attempts to erase certain facts from history. We DID sell out every wembley visit- count them, there were five in three years. There WERE 200,000 people along the route of the cup parade and at the common, and we HAVE won more honours than you will EVER win.

You'll all be swearing man never went to the moon next.....

The tone of this thread is changing. For those of you on here for whom this has become a big part of of your lives, the awful truth must be now dawning. Not only are nasty old Pompey not going to disappear, they are stabilising on the road to recovery.

One of the side effects of this realisation is the ever more ludicrous and desperate attempts to erase certain facts from history. We DID sell out every wembley visit- count them, there were five in three years. There WERE 200,000 people along the route of the cup parade and at the common, and we HAVE won more honours than you will EVER win.

Still a shiiiite club

Still a shiiite ground

Still a shiiite group of so called fans

Still securing pretend shiiite owners.

Still putting forward shiiiite posts on our forum pfc123

Did, Were and Were are past tense :D

You keep living in the past skateyboy, and leave us in the here and now, top of the league :D

Did, Were and Were are past tense :D

You keep living in the past skateyboy, and leave us in the here and now, top of the league :D

Ok, on that basis it's about time you stopped going on about the offside-winner-but-stevie-wonder-was-the-linesman '76 cup win, yes? As you lot always, always used to say on forum post after forum post about our top flight titles, 'ancient history'....

and we HAVE won more honours than you will EVER win.

You're right. Being the first PL club to ever go into admin for example. No one will ever take that away from you.

And you lot will be claiming Maradona's going to become your manager and his first signings will be Riquelme and Saviola next.

Oh hang on. . .

Source? Im yet to see any evidence of this

No, to be fair no evidence at all, just a hunch. But one I'd put my house on- were turning things around and were going to be ok....

Yes, and recent history is with you.... so looking forward you have a couple of shady Russians, Gaydamak in control of your car park, Portpin (Chanrai) still holding a debenture (wonder why?), a stadium that makes a workhouse in a Dickens novel seem like Downton Abbey, a CVA to satisfy, falling crowds, an ageing side......what could possibly go wrong?

Edited by Katalinic

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, stop it, stop it!

You have to be, without doubt, on a level par with Corp for delusional episodes. Why you are so proud of a Cup win that was funded by stealing, defaulting and cheating is beyond me and most decent people but then again, you're a Portsmouth fan and that doesn't apply.

The truth is, even if you did sell out every Wembley visit (you didn't, but we'll let you have that one), you did it be bankrupting yourself and businesses, fleecing the people of the UK and of course - what you must be so eternally proud of - children's charities. And hey - guesswhaaaa? What money you did spend that was yours was most likely siphoned off from funding day-to-day child maiming and genocide. Another thing to be proud of. I bet you were hoping to complete the treble with Gaddafi's son, but alas, it was not to be.

Yes, there may have been 200,000 people who attended the parade but we've been over this above. You didn't really *win* it. You stole it, gave it the large one and then whinged like little children when the arse fell out of your world. Guesswhaaaaaaa???? It's going to get a lot worse, too. Barely filling your ground with 10,000 home fans these days (not including freebies you are generously shoving through the locals disinterested letterboxes and the 'fab four' and 'super six' deals, lol).

So where are the other 190,000 from your rabid island? Hmmmm? Considering Portsmouth is a far more prosperous city than Southampton, you can't use the times are hard line. So where are they? All in the pub of that dishy landlady watching EPL football? Massive club, loyal fans, etc etc. Yes, we've heard it all before. Just because you clapped Thierry Henry after being handed an ass-whooping doesn't make you great fans, neither does banging a drum, ringing a bell and going "dur dur dur, dur dur dur" for 10 minutes non-stop just because you're on Sky. That's right, you always put your best face on when the cameras were down, didn't you?

Typical, plucky Pompey - always giving it the biggun for the Sky cameras when they were in the Premier League. Until they started to wobble. Then crowds began to dwindle. And dwindle. And dwindle. And dwindle. Until you dropped out of the Prem. And then they dwindled. And dwindled some more. And again, dwindled. Until it got to the stage that blue seats were outnumbering fans. Hey, but don't let those facts fool you - yes, of course you'll be in the 50,000 seater Harbourdrome Potty in time for your first Champions League against another equally sized European giant, Barcelona. Yes, of course Maradona, Riquelme, Saviola, Tevez and van Persie are signing. Why wouldn't they? After all, they've got to be impressed by your passionate away following, demonstrated season-after-damned-season; 250 to Bolton, 200 to Wigan, 400 at Sunderland, 400 at Derby, 280 at Boro. Massive club, massive.

You can clean up a pigsty and shovel the sh1t out, then put lipstick on a pig but, as you know, it'll still be a pig . You can install running, hot water at Fratton Park but it'll still be a sh1thole - rarely full - of sub-human pr1cks.

Edited by Crab Lungs

Mmmmm, touched a nerve there methinks. Fact is you have underachieved for 126 years and that's the bottom line. The fact that we wipe the floor with you on honours just rubs salt into the wound, yes? And as for all the bleating about 'bent pompey' that has characterised this entire thread, we couldnt give a flying ****. If 1 % of the lies, half truths and pure fantasy peddled about us on here was true we'd have been dead and buried long ago. Were not because 99% of what you lot write about us is bull****....

Mmmmm, touched a nerve there methinks. Fact is you have underachieved for 126 years and that's the bottom line. The fact that we wipe the floor with you on honours just rubs salt into the wound, yes? And as for all the bleating about 'bent pompey' that has characterised this entire thread, we couldnt give a flying ****. If 1 % of the lies, half truths and pure fantasy peddled about us on here was true we'd have been dead and buried long ago. Were not because 99% of what you lot write about us is bull****....

No one cares about honours that aren't remembered by anyone in living memory. You won a league when every bloke in Britain was in your city and when there was no such thing as professional football. All your subsequent 'honours' were won through cheating and robbing charities. Not sure about your club, but I would rather that charities weren't defrauded out of money in order for my club to have success, but I suppose we have a different set of morals.

I couldn't give a f**k about your honours, same way I don't really give a f**k about ours. You seem to think it irks us, it doesn't. Never has, never will. I'm just grateful my nipper has a club to follow.

The only thing that I know annoys us is our capitulation on our last visit. This time around, that won't happen.

You just pretend everything is OK at you club and that a big name manager is about to walk in and you'll play sparkling football in front on full houses. The rest of us will laugh at you as, to be frank, you're a c**t on par with Ho.

Yes, yes, pfc... you've stabilised back to your normal status of having outgoings that exceed income... with your bumper crowd of 14k (still below what you need to pay the CVA, btw) due to the return of Cotterill, you must be really confident about your future.

This just gets better- that such a tiny, tiny club compared to your gargantuan selves STILL utterly thrashes you on titles and trophies actually won....

So you think those teams that won those titles way back then could compete in today's football?

Heh.

Some of us have actually maintained a consistent line throughout the years that this thread has been going (about the same length of time as poopey's golden era by now I guess).

Some of us weren't worried that "They might get away with it" TM OldNick

Some of us understood that sometimes a Death Penalty for a club can be an easy way out, allowing time for grieving and then a new focus and a new dawn.

No, some of us advocated the Life Sentence, of decline pain and misery rotting in the cold empty spaces even as the wooden stands slowly rotted themselves into oblivion.

And this is what you have, this is why we are still here. Analysing the decline, laughing ourselves silly at the little bursts of hope (The Russians are minted, they don't need budgets, they'll spend as much as they need to etc)

Yes survival in pain is what we want, the gradual dwindling of any last vestige of hope, leaving pfc123 and his mates to sit in their Old People's Home with half forgotten memories of reading books about a proper pre war history (and struggling to remember whether it was the World War or the War in Iraq).

They came up with the Curse of St Mary's. We responded by sending them into the clutches of a life of decline, pain and misery under the control of Voldermort.

Can a geeky little kid in glasses save them?

no, of course not, they sold all the kids

BRING IT ON!

Ah, the old trophy argument. I'm sure that old tin won a generation before most of the blue few had smelt their first fish will be keep them warm at huish park on a cold November evening.

Keep looking back skates, let's face it, looking ahead isn't very appealing now is it.

Edited by Colinjb

pfc123, these are the only historical facts that matter:

Head-to-head: Southampton v Portsmouth

Sothampton wins/draws/Poortsmouth wins

[TABLE=class: table bold center]

[TR=class: tableColumnTitles]

[/TR]

[TR=class: alt]

[TD=class: left first]FA Cup

[/TD]

[TD]4

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]1

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: left first]League

[/TD]

[TD]14

[/TD]

[TD]8

[/TD]

[TD]8

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: alt]

[TD=class: left first]League Cup

[/TD]

[TD]1

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: total]

[TD=class: left first]Total

[/TD]

[TD]19

[/TD]

[TD]8

[/TD]

[TD]9

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

But, of course, the most important thing is the current league positions of the two clubs -

GO TAKE A LOOK AT LOOK!!!!!!

Edited by Minsk

Can I suggest that you study this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Coast_derby and especially the "All Time Results" section. What is it like to have your ass whipped so many times by a underachieving club, especially at Krap Nottarf? Or are you conveniently forgetting the REAL history between the clubs? No wonder you lot cling on to the result the last time we met, when you were PL (sort of) and we were third division. You don`t have much else to hold on to do you?

Edited by miserableoldgit

Must have been the troll. After all, he is an expert, he taught me so much about them.

Now then, what was that budget figure I must have so erronously quoted for CSI this season again?

For someone supposedly on his ignore list, does anyone else find it strange that Dubya seems to feel the need to refer to me in almost every post he makes? And every post seesm to go back to the "budget" he quoted. Which is why i find it so strange that he won't answer the one simple question I keep asking him. Which is CAN. A. BUDGET. SET. ONE. YEAR. GO. UP. OR. DOWN. THE. FOLLOWING.YEAR? Why do people think Dubya refuses to answer such a simple question? is it because by answering he'd negate his whole stance? The ****

Yes, and recent history is with you.... so looking forward you have a couple of shady Russians, Gaydamak in control of your car park, Portpin (Chanrai) still holding a debenture (wonder why?)

Gaydamak owning the car park isn't amajor issue unless we were going to build a new stadium there. He can't do anything with it and with the new localism bill that's being introduced next year PCC could make a compulsory purchase order on it. No-one else but the club is going to buy it anyway as they know they won't get planning permission so CSI/ PFC hold all the cards on that one.

ref Chainrai holding a debenture, here's the land registry document relating to Fratton park and PFC. Can you point out where Portpin have a debenture? Because according to a couple of solicitors on the Pompey board this says that since 3rd June this year CSI own it 100%

REGISTER EXTRACT

Title Number : HP375034

Address of Property : Fratton Park, Frogmore Road, Southsea (PO4 8RA)

Price Stated : £7,042,000

Registered Owner(s) : PORTSMOUTH FOOTBALL CLUB (2010) LIMITED (Co. Regn.

No. 07264768) of Fratton Park, Frogmore Road,

Southsea, Hants PO4 8RA.

Lender(s) : Convers Sports Initiatives Plc

Page 1 of 5

A: Property Register

This register describes the land and estate

comprised in the title.

B: Proprietorship Register

This register specifies the class of title and

identifies the owner. It contains any entries that

affect the right of disposal.

Title absolute

1 (10.01.2011) PROPRIETOR: PORTSMOUTH FOOTBALL CLUB (2010) LIMITED

(Co. Regn. No. 07264768) of Fratton Park, Frogmore Road, Southsea,

Hants PO4 8RA.

2 (05.11.2009) RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate

by the proprietor of the registered estate is to be registered

without a written consent signed by the proprietor for the time

being of the charge dated 6 October 2009 in favour of Portpin

Limited referred to in the Charges Register or without a

certificate signed by each conveyancer of the Charge that the

provisions of the Charge have been complied with or that they do

not apply to the disposition.

3 (10.01.2011) The price stated to have been paid on 7 December 2010

was £7,042,000.

C: Charges Register

This register contains any charges and other matters

that affect the land.

1 A Conveyance of the land tinted yellow on the filed plan dated 5

Page 2 of 5

C: Charges Register continued

6 (05.11.2009) REGISTERED CHARGE dated 6 October 2009.

7 (03.06.2011) Proprietor: CONVERS SPORTS INITIATIVES PLC (Co. Regn.

No. 07375628) of 2nd Floor, 159A Chase Side, Enfield, Middlesex

EN2 0PW.

Can I suggest that you study this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Coast_derby and especially the "All Time Results" section. What is it like to have your ass whipped so many times by a underachieving club, especially at Krap Nottarf? Or are you conveniently forgetting the REAL history between the clubs? No wonder you lot cling on to the result the last time we met, when you were PL (sort of) and we were third division. You don`t have much else to hold on to do you?

Lol! A long winded ramble quoting the desperately weak stat about having more derby wins than us, followed by the statement that we don't have "...much left to hold onto."

If ever there was a case of the pot calling the kettle black!

As for earlier similarly desperate attempts to run down our list of honours, since when has 3 years been ancient history? You've been dining out on your single major trophy for 35 years! Once again, the words 'pot' and 'kettle' spring to mind....

Edited by pfc123

Lol! A long winded ramble quoting the desperately weak stat about having more derby wins than us, followed by the statement that we don't have "...much left to hold onto."

If ever there was a case of the pot calling the kettle black!

As for earlier similarly desperate attempts to run down our list of honours, since when has 3 years been ancient history? You've been dining out on your single major trophy for 35 years! Once again, the words 'pot' and 'kettle' spring to mind....

So... you are ignoring the overall results between us then. You call us under achieving but ignore the all time results between us because it doesn`t suit?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})