Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

This can't be right surely? You were sooo unlucky to go into meltdown. Surely it wasn't as a result of reckless spending of money you didn't have was it? That sounds very familiar, where have I heard that phrase before?

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/untoldstories/4368324.Saints_run_on____faith_and_hope____three_years_ago

Hmmm, this sounds familiar also- bringing in players you couldn't afford? Only Pompey do that sort of thing, yes?

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/untoldstories/4368386.Missing___15m_target_meant_Plan_B_failed/

And in the last year where figures are available, you're STILL living beyond your means and only getting away with it due to being propped up by a wealthy benefactors family. Hmmm, that sounds familiar too, eh? ;)

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/8960967.Saints_reveal_accounts/

You ****ed up, so did we, just in different ways, and different amounts.

No-one else is still bleating on about it apart from you hypocrites on here which says it all really....

This can't be right surely? You were sooo unlucky to go into meltdown. Surely it wasn't as a result of reckless spending of money you didn't have was it? That sounds very familiar, where have I heard that phrase before?

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/untoldstories/4368324.Saints_run_on____faith_and_hope____three_years_ago

Hmmm, this sounds familiar also- bringing in players you couldn't afford? Only Pompey do that sort of thing, yes?

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/untoldstories/4368386.Missing___15m_target_meant_Plan_B_failed/

And in the last year where figures are available, you're STILL living beyond your means and only getting away with it due to being propped up by a wealthy benefactors family. Hmmm, that sounds familiar too, eh? ;)

No-one else is still bleating on about it apart from you hypocrites on here which says it all really....

Are you really that simple?

If Storrie has been found not guilty because of turning Queen's Evidence, I guess it's possible he's dropped Pompey right in it in doing so...

If he has snitched on everyone, including himself as part of his deal then yes the club could be up to their neck in it... seems strange though cause storrie is just as corrupt as the rest of them, highlighted by him handing fantasy squad valuations to judges during the winding up proceedings... however if he has had enough and wants to protect his family, you never know...

i believe saggy and milans cases are personal tax evasion so will not impact on the skates, but if storrie is found guilty but not senteced (for turning queens) then a points deduction could be Voldermorts first surprise at nottarf!

If storrie lays a points deduction at the russian mafias door, he better be careful.

pfc123, as trolls go you are pretty weak.

Bless, first he was up until 3am with his bizzare child mailer anecdote, now hes spent all afternoon putting his latest case forward - i dismiss it outright, no comparison at all... we have a fantastic infrastructure and supporter base, we have significant value!

Mind you, the trolling has really put some life back into this magnificent thread... i will see if i can get any news from the SOCA (serious organised crime agency) over the weekend... hopefully il see my well placed source, whom i see socially every two weeks or so.

I 4-1 would like to see Rallyboys comments on our resident skates recent behaviour

voldemort-fiennes.jpg

I heard he's copped a plea.

Voluntary Milanslaughter.

More seriously, if he's cut a deal as suggested, it'll no doubt be conditional on FULL disclosure. If he fails to spill all the beans, he'll be in deep stuff. No wonder 'Arry's ticker packed up when he found out. A much better result for HMRC than a straightforward guilty verdict from a jury.

Sonny, you are obviously too thick to understand the differences between our administration and yours, even though simple analogies have been made to assist your feeble brain processes. Go and do some more digging and post up the links to the articles showing the VAT man, charities, schools and local businesses owed money by us. What? You can't find any? Quel surprise!

Accusing us of hypocrisy and bleating, only adds to our enjoyment on here, as we can see that it hacks you off, so thanks. There's still much more pleasure to be derived from this thread, especially as you lurch from one lot of dodgey owners to another, so we'll look forward to your future wriggling with discomfort as we poke fun at you and your fellow troll Corpse.

I heard from a press guy that Milan was the one that turned on Storrie and Redknapp. I had a few drinks with this guy on Sunday and he said they had Redknapp bang to rights on "a small amount"(what ever that means), but that it would be enough to finish him in football.Also said Storrie was in the most ****e. He did stress that he heard it about 4th hand and from within the club. "Most likely ********", was his final thought on the subject,so I didn't post it. There maybe something in it bearing in mind other posts today.

pfc123, as trolls go you are pretty weak.

I have an inkling that little old pfc123 may have something to do with that other useless troll corpy (and don’t bother reminding me that they are all related, as I know that already).

It not seem odd that the pair of them seem to crawl from under their rocks when they have convinced themselves that they have got something to post that we will be interested in or when they think they have the upper hand.

Then again they did win their last game bless them, so they must be on the up and ready to go storming back up the league again whilst we slip down it, after all we are in so much dept whilst they are being run by some internationally respected business men who are absolutely loaded (corpy said so)

As for pfc123, thanks bud you are on the ball and right up to date with your links. Now I am worried about the future of Southampton Football Club.

Well it is Voldermort then.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Appleton-Takes-Charge-2788.aspx

Blues chief executive David Lampitt said: “We are delighted to welcome Michael as our new first-team manager. He fought off very strong opposition to get the job from a high quality field of candidates.

OR

He was the cheap option!

“As a board, we laid down a set of criteria that we were looking for in the new manager and we have not diverted from that. It’s fair to say Michael started out as a bit of a dark horse in the selection process but he ended up the unanimous choice."

Or

We were desperate as no-one else wanted the job!

Appleton said “A few years ago Portsmouth were a successful Premier League club".

No they weren't Michael, they just cheated and the only success they had in PL history is to be the first team to into administration.

Along with trotting out the traditional bestest™ fans in the world quote, he goes further:

"A few years ago Portsmouth were a successful Premier League club. I would like to think I can help the people at the football club achieve that again."

:lol::lol::lol:

Reminds me of our own beloved Mr. Br*nf**t, who when first appointed said he was aiming to win the league and the (old) European cup.

Actually, in fairness, Br*nf**t was being a lot more realistic.

If Storrie has been found not guilty because of turning Queen's Evidence, I guess it's possible he's dropped Pompey right in it in doing so...

The Storrieteller has already almost done enough to earn a statue in Southampton, but if this is true there can be no doubt that he deserves one. Legend.

Whats the betting that Harry has to ''retire from football'' in the next month or so, on ''doctors orders'', then takes a break of approx 5-7 years (at Her Maj's Pleasure), before coming back to lead England in the World Cup? I'm sure his press chums would be happy to hide the time he's doing inside as being too unwell to manage a football club. After all, he did take a serious yet funny turn all of a sudden.....

I wasn't paying 100% attention when SSN reported that Appleton was their new manager, I thought they'd appointed Michael Atherton in a cricket-football coup, similar to our Clive Woodward appointment.

Smacks of "cheap appointment" to me, although seeing the merits of Nigel Adkins, I think appointing a manager who is a good coach is a wise idea. Will it work? Fruck nose.

I don't know much about Appleton, but generally I think appointing someone who is clearly there to focus on coaching, to improve players already there and build the club up is a great idea. Too often people appoint big names, or people good in the transfer market. Its all short term rubbish.

Some don't understand the job Adkins has done, they think we had a good squad anyway and should have gone up. Well, that's true, the talent was always there. If we'd appointed another Pardew, more of a transfer market manager, who knows if we'd have made it up. Adkins took a talented squad and improved them as players, gelled them into a team, got them playing to potential and consistently, to an extent that leading the championship is no surprise. You can make it sound easy from the outside, but very few managers manage to achieve it.

Huge gamble appointing someone with NO management experience.

Quote from the News article :

"I think the thing that attracted me to the club is that they have a five-year-plan.

"That plan includes improving the infrastructure of the football club and getting hold of the training ground they own, to building on the academy, to setting up a recruitment policy where we can recruit from within as well as scouting them from across Europe and America."

TBF, he has not set his sights particularly high, which, compared to the previous muppet is probably fairly realistic !

Edited by eurosaint
Typo

It's an interesting appointment.

Maybe the Russians have been reviewing the "quality over quantity" policy

Well, don't be surprised if a DOF comes in. The Panorama Documentary had that model in the Business Plan

Mind you if he DOESN'T come in, that then shows how tight the budget really is, which would probably be better news for the trolls, but bad news for the real fans like Mack & Mero

It is actually a borderline sane appointment, beginning to suggest they know their limitations. I bet his salary is not that low - first team coach in the Prem would put him on a fair crack, and he wouldn't give that up, even for the bestest fans in the world TM - but he not another Sven either. Acceptance of the reality of your situation is the first step on the road to redemption.

I didn't think Appleton interviewed very well at all. He didn't look or sound confident, he was full of cliches and his words were spoken mantra-like. If I was a skate I would seriously be underwhelmed.

As underwhelmed as some people were when we employed Adkins...? ;-)

As underwhelmed as some people were when we employed Adkins...? ;-)

Don't think its comparable. Adkins had a track record of promotions but that's pretty much all we knew. If people were underwhelmed it was because we'd just lost a manager that was generally well liked and one, which ignoring a couple if bad results, we had faith in to take us up. Cortese suddenly getting rid led many to believe that a big exciting name would be waiting in the wings. Adkins was a bit of a surprise. Appleton is completely unknown and no track record at all as a manager.

Not too disappointed with Appleton to be honest. His reputation within the game is very good and my fera was that we were going to appoint one the of same, tired old faces like Dowie or Boothroyd. Giving a young guy with a good coaching reputation is an encouraging move. In fact, someone I know who works at Brentford says they approached him in the summer about the managers job and he turned them down because he wanted to manage at a higher level but the rumour was that he was the driving force behind WBA's promotion and effectively carried Di Matteo. Time will tell I guess but not unhappy with the move

Well my original choice as I posted on here was either O'Driscoll or Derek McInnes so it's not like I was expecting or advocating a big name.

TBO I thought O'Driscoll would have got the job, but I did hear an old dear was walking across the car park struggling with bags of shopping and someone came out of the office and asked her if she could manage OK she was heard to say p155 off I don't want the job.

Funnily enough, I kind of hope Appleton does work out - it a old move giving a younger less experienced face the job, but the advnatges are they dont come with the baggage associated with the same old has beens. Adkins was maybe better known and had far more experience, but had still to be tested when at a club with much higher expectations and pressure from above so it was a gamble in some respect.

I have always had an issue when these experiments have been classed as 'cheaper' option - going back to Gray and wriggly who were both experienced and rated coaches - tehir failure in management was NOT a criticism of their coaching, but more that tehy were not able to make that step from coaching skills and tactics and improving players to man management and motivation. Time will tell if Appleton has that in his locker.

I think the worry for him is that it appears to me that the more experienced the manager the more leeway appears to be given if the results start off badly. If they had bought in O'Driscoll and they say lost their first 3 games I believe he would be given more time to get things right. Bring in someone without obvious management experience and they lose the first 3 games and I would full expect the knives to be out.

If someone has shown they can manage then people will look for other reasons why things are not going well. If someone has no management experience then people will more readily fall back on the assumption that they are not able to manage rather than look for other reasons.

Edited by pedg

Not too disappointed with Appleton to be honest. His reputation within the game is very good and my fera was that we were going to appoint one the of same, tired old faces like Dowie or Boothroyd. Giving a young guy with a good coaching reputation is an encouraging move. In fact, someone I know who works at Brentford says they approached him in the summer about the managers job and he turned them down because he wanted to manage at a higher level but the rumour was that he was the driving force behind WBA's promotion and effectively carried Di Matteo. Time will tell I guess but not unhappy with the move
Of course he was the driving force behind WBA promotion, i assume he was the driving force behind their disastrous run in the PL for Di mattio to get the sack. I assume it was Di Mattio who was responsible for the defeats.

i was talking to a Pompey fan last night, he was under the impression that you were paying back 60p in the £ !!!! Decent lad though, and freely admitted they had taken the p###.

He said there was nothing he could have done, but just enjoyed it. He also said that the squad should be doing better, I agree with that.

I do hope PFC doesnt see your spelling of fear ,as he may do a long-winded diatribe on a FERA, as some kind of furry animal i suspect.

Funnily enough i'm not unhappy with the move either, it will be interesting how he deals with the high paid players who may well scoff and look down at him.

His reputation within the game is very good... the rumour was that he was the driving force behind WBA's promotion and effectively carried Di Matteo. Time will tell I guess but not unhappy with the move

Out of interest what is this very good reputation within the game, as a statement it doesn't mean anything, where is the substance to support the statement besides the rumour?

I kind of feel sorry for Voldemort...

If he starts losing games he's not going to get any leeway from the fans at all, it will all be "Why did we get someone in with no experience? He's sh1t, get him out"... whereas with a known name they would get a bit of leeway to "get things right"... going to be a very tough gig for him.....

Guess he couldn't manage that! so chose you :lol:

The thing that ammuses me most about his appointment is that in 6 months time you're going to be wishing you'd appointed Stuart Gray!!!

His reputation within the game is very good

I've had a 'discussion' with a skate who insisted appointing this bloke was no different to us appointing Adkins. I did point out that Adkins already had managerial experince before coming to SMS and had won 2 promotions and that taking Appleton on was more like us appointing Gray and Wigley. Both had "fantastic reputations in the game" unfortunately it only applied to them at coaching level and who both failed disastrously as managers. Fingers croseed then.

I've had a 'discussion' with a skate who insisted appointing this bloke was no different to us appointing Adkins. I did point out that Adkins already had managerial experince before coming to SMS and had won 2 promotions and that taking Appleton on was more like us appointing Gray and Wigley. Both had "fantastic reputations in the game" unfortunately it only applied to them at coaching level and who both failed disastrously as managers. Fingers croseed then.

Surely this is just identical to us appointing Pearson?

Corp, regarding the companies registry... you have a PM.

My skate mates are fuming, which of course makes it much more enjoyable.

Why are they fuming? Highest spenders in the league two seasons running, billionaire owners who are not the Russian mafia, whose father was not gunned down in Russia....

Voldemort_and_his_followers_at_the_Battle_of_Hogwarts.jpg

benhaim_682x400_542777a.jpg

F*ck of Voldermort, your a nobody and no body likes you... even Kitson earns 20x your wage and hes just a ginger c*nt

11-dave%20kitson-new-final-stic.png

PMSL Tal, PMSL

It will be interesting to see how the bestest fanzz in the whole wurld will respond to this chap... he clearly cant be that sharp to walk into this lot... unless some of Vlads boys went to visit him and Hodgson, calmly placed their revolvers on the table and made the derisory offer, which aint so derisory when the only alternative is a life of hiding from the mafia

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})