Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

The phew get more like the real Bompey every day .... small club, dwindling fan base, and SOD as manager!

With any luck they'll get to play each other in L1 next season. Unless, of course, Bompey Mk2 end up in the Blue Square if their irregularities catch up with them.

Oh, and coincidentally, both of them have a major powerhouse club just down the road ..... :smug:

Hate to say it but O'Driscoll is a decent manager. I actually had him down as my choice when we got rid of Pardew.

He's used to working with small clubs too. Doncaster and Bournemouth, now them!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/markets_close_on_next_pompey_boss_1_3200909

The bookies think it's O'D, and the few don't seem to be very impressed. But they should be grateful if they end up with O'Driscoll, it could be a lot worse. That reminds me, I wonder what will happen to our friend Gray?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/markets_close_on_next_pompey_boss_1_3200909

The bookies think it's O'D, and the few don't seem to be very impressed. But they should be grateful if they end up with O'Driscoll, it could be a lot worse. That reminds me, I wonder what will happen to our friend Gray?

Too right. Imagine getting rid of Cotterill and getting lumped with Brian Laws or someone with a similar level of ineptitude?

As for Mr. Gray, a friend of mine knew his son, and apparently the constant upheaval due to getting work with different clubs looked as if it was taking its toll on his family, so I hope he stays on. I don't think I'd wish those kinds of problems on anyone. Look at Terry Brown at AFC Wimbledon, for the umpteenth time his poor wife is undergoing treatment for cancer. Makes you think differently doesn't it.

http://www.pompeyonline.com/forums/index.php?threads/will-the-scum-game-sell-out.59014/

****ting themselves the game wont sell out

Leon Tricker said: ↑

I was at the ticket office this morning and sales have been "slow" according to the lady I spoke to

£30 might be too much for some to shell out this close to Christmas.

I also wonder how many people are put off by the possibility of getting beaten by them in our own back yard?

Remind me again why people think we need more than a 30k stadium?

A lot of the older saints fans I know don't want to go to Nottaf Krap. They treat the place like Millwall. Visit the dump once for the experiance and never again. Not to mention the transport deliberatly designed to make you miss the begininning of the match. I wonder if they will have announced a manager by then, or will it be .... another 48 hours :)

http://www.pompeyonline.com/forums/index.php?threads/will-the-scum-game-sell-out.59014/

****ting themselves the game wont sell out

Leon Tricker said: ↑

I was at the ticket office this morning and sales have been "slow" according to the lady I spoke to

£30 might be too much for some to shell out this close to Christmas.

I also wonder how many people are put off by the possibility of getting beaten by them in our own back yard?

Remind me again why people think we need more than a 30k stadium?

other than us tasking them apart on the pitch, nothing would give me greater pleasure than rolling out the "they're here, they're there, they're every ****ing where empty seats" song. They'll sell out though.

O'Driscoll's stats at Donny for the calendar year 2011:

P 32 W 2 D 10 L 20 F 20 A 63 GD -43

They were made for each other. Move over, Stuart.

the stats don't seem to show Donnys tiny budget and recent injury problems. I'd much prefer Laws got the job.

don't like to be fair to them, but nearly 1000 folks prepared to travel to derby to watch a team as poor as they have is a moderately good effort.

and represents around 10 % of their supporters.

But 700 of them thought it was THE derby match and were shocked when the coach headed off up the M3

A lot of the older saints fans I know don't want to go to Nottaf Krap. They treat the place like Millwall. Visit the dump once for the experiance and never again. Not to mention the transport deliberatly designed to make you miss the begininning of the match. I wonder if they will have announced a manager by then, or will it be .... another 48 hours :)

not all older saints fans

November 1 marks five months since Convers Sports Initiatives (CSI) acquired Portsmouth Football Club (PFC). It is an appropriate point to look back at what has been achieved so far and what PFC and CSI hope to achieve together over the coming months and years.

After the takeover, the immediate priority was to strengthen the playing squad and this included the permanent signings of Luke Varney, Greg Halford, Erik Huseklepp, Jason Pearce, David Norris, Stephen Henderson and Benjani, who are all now key first team players. Only Leicester City had a higher net spend than PFC in the summer transfer window outside the Premier League. The average age of the playing squad has dramatically reduced since our arrival and working alongside David Lampitt and, in due course, the new manager, we will seek to ensure that team matters continue to progress. We are also investing in the future, and the club has made great strides in improving the Academy, in particular increasing the coaching resources available to our young players.

The facilities at PFC have been neglected for some time and we recognise the need to make some improvements. These changes started with the training ground, where we invested in enhancing the quality and size of our training pitch facilities.

You may also have noticed many enhancements around Fratton Park, which include moving the big screen, tidying up the surrounding areas of the pitch and improving corporate match day areas. Fans will be pleased to know that the Fratton End clock has been taken down for repair. We will soon install a new digital clock and scoreboard. Funds have been set aside for the improvement of many of the toilets and this work has now begun. Some of the changes have not been quite so visible but are equally important, with important improvement work to guttering as well as an overhaul of the heating and plumbing services to the team dressing rooms.

We have also re-floored the Victory Suite and added a partition to allow greater flexibility for usage on match and non-match days. This allowed a new Kidzone to be launched at the Doncaster game, which was a great way to engage with some of our fans of the future. We will continue to look for ways in which we can make the most of our space and create opportunities to enhance the club’s commercial activity.

Off the pitch, we have seen very strong retention of our commercial partners and a number of new partnerships being created. This reflects the continuing strength of the PFC brand. We have also seen 10 additional sponsorship partners for PFC introduced from the CSI group. We are delighted with the appointment of the new Commercial Director, Nick Byrom, who we know will continue to improve all the commercial and matchday operations at the club.

We inherited a ticket pricing structure for the 2011/2012 season from the previous ownership but, working together with the staff at PFC, have introduced a number of ticket initiatives, including ‘Four for £44’ and the ‘Super Six’ promotion, which have both proved immensely popular.

We also inherited a number of other legacy issues that the management team have continued to work on over the last five months. This has meant that certain long running disputes, such as those with Tal Ben Haim and Tottenham Hotspur (regarding the Begovic matter) have now been successfully resolved ensuring the club’s position is protected. Of course we recognised that there would always be certain difficult matters to deal with when taking over a company recently out of financial distress, but we are pleased that the legacy issues are being dealt with effectively.

A charity game against FC Rostov was held at Fratton Park to raise money for the families of the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl ice hockey team who tragically lost their lives in an air crash. The event raised £15,000 for charity and we would like to thank everyone who attended or donated.

There are number of key priorities for both CSI and PFC over the next few months, not least to start climbing the league. We hope that the appointment of a new manager will provide the base from which we can get our season back on track, and we should thank Guy Whittingham and Stuart Gray for holding the fort during the selection process.

Away from the pitch we will be investing further in the commercial side of the business. We are soon to launch a new-look website and a matchday programme app that we hope will prove popular with fans.

We are only five months into our ownership of Portsmouth Football Club and are certainly looking to the future with optimism. We will soon have our five-year strategy in place, which involves improvements across all areas of the club’s business and infrastructure, from our footballing facilities to our approach to customer service. We're not going to make any grand statements about the ground, but we recognise the fact that the development of a more modern stadium has to be part of a successful future for the club. In the first instance this means engaging with Mr Gaydamak in relation to the land surrounding Fratton Park and that process is already under way.

There is much to do, and a lot of hard work ahead, but every decision we make will be carefully considered, with the future success and stability of this great club being our number one priority.

Finally, CSI and PFC would like to thank the fans for their continued and unwavering support

http://www.converssport.com/news/five-months-pfc

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh and is it just me or are they sort of promising a new stadium....... keep em comimg boys, I miss Clotterill, but the laughs are still there.

Of course we recognised that there would always be certain difficult matters to deal with when taking over a company recently out of financial distress, but we are pleased that the legacy issues are being dealt with effectively.

So does this mean they'll start paying the CVA debts and charities? Thought not.

so basically they have put down a bit of carpet and plan to fix a toilet.

While on the pitch the overpriced and overpaid squad is having an absolute nightmare, but at least Ben Haim is now getting his HUGE wages.

And when did they talk Spurs out of their million quid?

Did I miss that?

While on the pitch the overpriced and overpaid squad is having an absolute nightmare, but at least Ben Haim is now getting his HUGE wages.

Did I miss that?

Yes, but in fairness they will also be getting a new clock.

Allegedly.

Did I miss that?

Were not most of these 'fixes', done, so as to obtain their 'arena' safety certificate for this year?

Cheeky b*stards! Stealing our ideas!

It wouldn't half be funny if it ever could be proven that the core basis & strategy of their 5 year plan had been written by some Saints Fans.

Think the term, A Whole New Level of ROFLness would apply in such a situation

Let's face it, so far Empirical Evidence seems to be starting to point that way,

Pre Season -

a coat of paint

a massive meeting to discuss fixing the toilets

a vast electronic scoreboard planned - wow that is SO going to improve the performances on the pitch

an out of work manager so no Compensation to be paid (Well, with the apostrophe it does make O'Driscoll into almost a big name)

oh and a vast electronic scoreboard

get a SCHOOL to spend precious funds on their sports ground and then market that as being a major investment by you

instead of a zillion pounds on players

Couldn't make it up really

Could you?

I love Dubya's posts. So far, ref CSI he's told us that they have money and don't have money, that they were funding the running of Pompey using a loan from the EIB to SAAB which was to a company they didn't own, that they'd dropped out of buying Pompey and were buying Bournemouth instead, that they bought Pompey without doing due diligence because they were greedy Russians who'd been convinced they were getting a "deal", that they haven't spent any money on players, that appointing a big name (Solsjkaer) was an indication of their mindset and that they should have appointed someone with NPC experience and now we're being linked to O'Driscoll that's a mistake. Then there's the "budget" thing which he now tries to spin as me having said they didn't have a budget for PFC when what I actually said and asked him repeatedly to confirm was if there was possibly even the remotest chance that the budget they set aside to buy a club last year might have changed even slightly for this year, be it increased or decreased. Dubya tries to spin it another way but my posts are there for all to see.

Regarding the ITK rumour about CSI being back in for Bournemouth that his "contacts" told him about (actually a Bournemouth messageboard rumour) has it occurred to anyone that he got completely the wrong end of the stick yet again as it's a different Russian who lives in Sandbanks that's bought into them?

Dubya. What a guy. What a mind. What a ****ing clown

I love Dubya's posts. So far, ref CSI he's told us that they have money and don't have money, that they were funding the running of Pompey using a loan from the EIB to SAAB which was to a company they didn't own, that they'd dropped out of buying Pompey and were buying Bournemouth instead, that they bought Pompey without doing due diligence because they were greedy Russians who'd been convinced they were getting a "deal", that they haven't spent any money on players, that appointing a big name (Solsjkaer) was an indication of their mindset and that they should have appointed someone with NPC experience and now we're being linked to O'Driscoll that's a mistake. Then there's the "budget" thing which he now tries to spin as me having said they didn't have a budget for PFC when what I actually said and asked him repeatedly to confirm was if there was possibly even the remotest chance that the budget they set aside to buy a club last year might have changed even slightly for this year, be it increased or decreased. Dubya tries to spin it another way but my posts are there for all to see.

Regarding the ITK rumour about CSI being back in for Bournemouth that his "contacts" told him about (actually a Bournemouth messageboard rumour) has it occurred to anyone that he got completely the wrong end of the stick yet again as it's a different Russian who lives in Sandbanks that's bought into them?

Oh the irony

surprise, surprise, they win a corner away from home and suddenly its all open top buses again, commemorative horse brass, civic receptions, and Ho returns to put us right on all matters pompey.

Pray do tell - what is the latest exciting news from the club that time forgot?

Because from where we are, you have a bunch of owners who have done...er...nothing.

The team is struggling way below the position those players should be in.

Lampitt and Cotterill spent more on a useless striker than we did on Lambert.

Halford is on massive money and looks awful.

The attendances have collapsed.

The ground is crumbling.

The CVA is an elephant sat in the corner.

But the spin continues.

Please advise how much of this is incorrect...

And thanks for the favour last night, a result that helped neither of you but cheered us up - we'll try and help your relegation battle when we go to Coventry.

surprise, surprise, they win a corner away from home and suddenly its all open top buses again, commemorative horse brass, civic receptions, and Ho returns to put us right on all matters pompey.

Pray do tell - what is the latest exciting news from the club that time forgot?

Because from where we are, you have a bunch of owners who have done...er...nothing.

The team is struggling way below the position those players should be in.

Lampitt and Cotterill spent more on a useless striker than we did on Lambert.

Halford is on massive money and looks awful.

The attendances have collapsed.

The ground is crumbling.

The CVA is an elephant sat in the corner.

But the spin continues.

Please advise how much of this is incorrect...

And thanks for the favour last night, a result that helped neither of you but cheered us up - we'll try and help your relegation battle when we go to Coventry.

Nice of you to think of us, but really, there's no need. Like I've said all along, we'll be just fine thanks ;)

November 1 marks five months since Convers Sports Initiatives (CSI) acquired Portsmouth Football Club (PFC).

PMSL

Only Leicester City had a higher net spend than PFC in the summer transfer window outside the Premier League.

that is concerning though surely Vlad, as you are one of the smallest clubs in the division... sounds like a repeat of the Gaddy/Storrie days

great strides in improving the Academy, in particular increasing the coaching resources available to our young players.

What is this academy they keep bleating on about - they have a youth team, like a local boy scouts club would

The facilities at PFC have been neglected for some time and we recognise the need to make some improvements. These changes started with the training ground, where we invested in enhancing the quality and size of our training pitch facilities.

PMSL, no you have not... tax payers money has paid for that

Funds have been set aside for the improvement of many of the toilets and this work has now begun.

LOVE THIS

heating and plumbing services to the team dressing rooms.

Fantastic, massive

We inherited a ticket pricing structure for the 2011/2012 season from the previous ownership but, working together with the staff at PFC, have introduced a number of ticket initiatives, including ‘Four for £44’ and the ‘Super Six’ promotion, which have both proved immensely popular.

even with these "immensely popular" deals the attendences are falling, and fast

A charity game against FC Rostov was held at Fratton Park to raise money for the families of the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl ice hockey team who tragically lost their lives in an air crash. The event raised £15,000 for charity and we would like to thank everyone who attended or donated.

Fair play, but what about all the local charities that have been mugged off by you?

We're not going to make any grand statements about the ground,

Nope, probably best you stick to grand statements about installing toilets

Finally, CSI and PFC would like to thank the fans for their continued and unwavering support

Brilliant!

http://www.converssport.com/news/five-months-pfc

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh and is it just me or are they sort of promising a new stadium....... keep em comimg boys, I miss Clotterill, but the laughs are still there.

That is awesome, almost as if its a spoof sketch.

my posts are there for all to see.

What a ****ing clown

HO HO HO, yes they are, you daft skate c*nt!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2056306/Sheffield-Wednesday-sold-says-Milan-Mandaric.html

Is mandy looking to bail out already? Why so early? Are you sure about those verdicts corpse?

What does that article say - every time I try to open a Daily Mail page, it freezes my computer! (Maybe that rag knows how much I hate it!)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2056306/Sheffield-Wednesday-sold-says-Milan-Mandaric.html

Is mandy looking to bail out already? Why so early? Are you sure about those verdicts corpse?

I liked this part of the quote

but if the right person or persons come along who can take this club further forward, I would stand aside.

'I have done that at my previous clubs and I would do the same here

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2056306/Sheffield-Wednesday-sold-says-Milan-Mandaric.html#ixzz1cXw2bJoi

Well, we all know his judgement of determining the Right Person.

Interesting the troll returned today now that he is about to not have a pot to p1ss in at half-time.

Clearly his contact, who he sees socially every couple of weeks, is named in those meetings minutes - Head BogKeeper

CSI Had money - Correct (They were able to set a budget)

They had a Budget for this season - Correct (see below)

The Budget is Tight - Correct (Toilet Minutes Words of the few themselves)

Did he libel CSI by the way by stating that they used money from other EU invested projects? Big difference in saying that in writing on a forum and commenting on co-incidences. Namely that it was a coincidence that the published net wealth of Vlad came to (remarkably close to) the same amount as an EU loan for Saab & Spyker Cars. Must be more in it after all, especially as he STILL goes on about it.

He is also obsessed with a Bompey forum. Strange when I quoted the actual interviews and articles in the Bompey ECHO. But then he probably doesn't know how to click on a link, has to wait for his Mum to open up Windows for him, Would explain his lengthy absences.

All that's left to discover now is whether the Russians got hold of Bryan Robson's (see Panorama) How to buy a Football Club Core Strategy Business Plan or whether it came from other sources. Perhaps it was Howard when they met him oop North, or Terry when they took one of their kids to sign up for arsenil's Academy, possibly of course it could have come from the ideas discussed at their meetings with "another un-named League One Club" (Their words of course on the Beeb, not mine)

Poor old troll, simply cannot get his head around the fact that poopey were the only broken toy left in the train set box.

Now then how many points they got?

Agree.

But you're still a laughing stock and a ****.

Well Dubya, if nothing else your response proves one thing - that you bleating on about having me on your ignore list was a load of ******. Given how often you refer to me in your posts I suspected you were lying but thanks for confirming it.

Now, you wriggle around trying to prove you were right but in response to your comments above I'm going to ask you a few direct questions. Let's see if you can actually answer them. I'll also point out the obvious cock ups you've made (again) in this post.

CSI Had money - Correct (They were able to set a budget)

So, are you saying they have no more money and is the budget exactly the same as the £8m you tell us they'd set aside for Bournemouth last season? Yes or no. Tell us how you know what this budget is

They had a Budget for this season - Correct (see below)

The Budget is Tight - Correct (Toilet Minutes Words of the few themselves)

As above, how do you know their budget for PFC is exactly the same as the one they allegedly set for Bournemouth last season. Do you have a link to show what the budget is? Or is it feasible that the budgeted figure may have changed, either gone up or gone down. Yes or no

Did he libel CSI by the way by stating that they used money from other EU invested projects? Big difference in saying that in writing on a forum and commenting on co-incidences. Namely that it was a coincidence that the published net wealth of Vlad came to (remarkably close to) the same amount as an EU loan for Saab & Spyker Cars. Must be more in it after all, especially as he STILL goes on about it.

I still go on about it because you refuse to acknowledge that you made a monumental cock up by believing that Antonov owned SAAB. How can I have lebeled them when (a) I said it was you who'd inferred they'd used the money to fund PFC and (b) they don't own SAAB so have no access to the EIB loan. Furthermore, the EIB loan to SAAB was for £350m, Antonov's net worth is around $300m - that's around £185m at current exchange rates. You're saying that a difference of £135m is "remarkably close" are you? Or have you (astonishingly for someone so fabulous as you) confused dollars and pounds? Again, tell us about that co-incidence. Straight answer to a straight question Dubya

He is also obsessed with a Bompey forum. Strange when I quoted the actual interviews and articles in the Bompey ECHO. But then he probably doesn't know how to click on a link, has to wait for his Mum to open up Windows for him, Would explain his lengthy absences.

But Dubya, as I've explained before, you posted that CSI were going back in to buy Bournemouth when they were negotiating to buy Pompey. That they'd decided to buy the Cherries instead of us. The link you're referring to proudly was dated from 2010 when they first looked at buying B'mouth, which is well known. You got made to look a muppet. I've no illusions about why CSI bought Pompey as I've posted many times, I think they just wanted a football club to go with their portfolio of sporting businesses. So, straight answer again please, were CSI negotiating to buy Bournemouth this year, 2011, whilst doing due diligence at PFC and can you post a link to prove it? Yes or no

What do you say Dubya, any answers?

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/11/derby-countys-american-dream.html

Long but worth a read and with some very intersting stats in there;

I'm sure lampitt said they were breaking even last season..............err not according to that

Quality over quantity...... is that what gives you a wage bill 105% of turnover ??

Corpse, remind me what you said about NOT having the largest wagebill in the Championship last season.

Rallyboy keeps telling us the figures, just don't add up........... I think he might be onto something :) :)

Well found Gemmel, worth the read, deffo shows that the figures do not add up,

Shame they did not do one just like that for Pompey.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})