Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

442, apparently.

Oh dear.

You can imagine the following conversation going on around the ground amongst various Ipswich fans:

Bloke 1 - (Looks up at the pitiful away support) Mate, what's with their fans? There's hardly anyone up there. I thought they were supposed to have good support?

Bloke 2 - Sorry? What was that? I couldn't hear for that **** with the bell and the 12 Pompey fans singing. To be fair though it is a bit of a trek up here midweek.

Bloke 1 - Same distance as Southampton, they bought 3 times that when they hammered us 5-2 on that horrific Tuesday night.

Bloke 2 - True.

Oh dear.

You can imagine the following conversation going on around the ground amongst various Ipswich fans:

Bloke 1 - (Looks up at the pitiful away support) Mate, what's with their fans? There's hardly anyone up there. I thought they were supposed to have good support?

Bloke 2 - Sorry? What was that? I couldn't hear for that **** with the bell and the 12 Pompey fans singing. To be fair though it is a bit of a trek up here midweek.

Bloke 1 - Same distance as Southampton, they bought 3 times that when they hammered us 5-2 on that horrific Tuesday night.

Bloke 2 - True.

Strictly speaking, I believe Ipswich is slightly closer to Portsmouth than Southampton ;)

http://www.football365.com/portsmouth/7252813/Halford-We-need-a-goal-machine

So 15k a week Halford wants a 20 goal a year Billy Sharper type player... isnt Kitson, Lawerence, Husklepp, Benjani, Varney, Kanu, Futac, Norris et al enough already FFS... its like a disease down there, everyone is a deluded insolvent spending machine with absolutely no moral groundings whatsoever...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/former_watford_boss_eyes_pompey_hot_seat_1_3167586

Aidy Hoof-roids fancies being a skate, they would be a complimentary mix but id rather they stuck with Gray!

http://www.portsmouth-mad.co.uk/roll/ed14/modest_resources_sod_the_solution_707963/index.shtml

Some skate quotes:

"But lads and lasses: get real! We amassed unfeasibly big debts and never did pay off our creditors."

"We were so close to going out of business, and even when we were finally saved, there was no indication we had been bought by a consortium with bottomless pockets."

"We now have some reasonable footballers, but few – if any – high-quality ones; our crowds have unsurprisingly slumped amid the recessions, both financial and footballing." PMSL, you just have ****e support... get real lads and lasses!

"And even when we were good enough to attract the masses, our little old ground limited the numbers to under 20,000 – and by definition, the income potential."

"Unfortunately (some would argue, fortunately), ladies and gentlemen, we are no longer a big club."

FFS you dirty skate bastards, you never were a big club and you never will be

"But we are a brave little outfit defined by our unity and solidarity, our ability to punch above our weight and occasionally attract football magicians to steer us towards the great heights we have periodically enjoyed."

Wrong again skate, you are not united or solid, as demonstrated by your miniscule attendences... you are little, but your ability to punch above your weight was only ever plausible through bonkers spending and stealing from the tax payer, childrens cancer charities and local businesses... the only magicians you ever got were being paid well above the market rate, after you outbid clubs in a far stronger financial position than you - Wolves, QPR, Ipswich et al

what a dirty scummy little club that is

Its a sad sad day for the skates, one of thier potential saviours goes down in a typically undignified-skate way...

[image]http://orderorder.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/gad.jpg?w=460&h=276[/image]

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Dictator-Gaddafi-s-son-in-talks-to-become-Portsmouth-owner-article300941.html

"Colonel Gaddafi’s son Saadi first expressed an interest in taking over from Al Faraj at the end of last year."

they get all the bad luck poopey por sods, all that dirty cash was just round the corner...

I don't care about whether it's 'just' or not, as long as it's guilty!

According to that Law Pages link, verdict has been given and Court 8 has moved on to another case.

Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Verdict to be taken - 14:04

In view of continued media blackout it would seem to indicate a guilty verdict as presumably the case still cannot be reported as Saggy Chops will now have to take his turn in court.

According to that Law Pages link, verdict has been given and Court 8 has moved on to another case.

Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Verdict to be taken - 14:04

In view of continued media blackout it would seem to indicate a guilty verdict as presumably the case still cannot be reported as Saggy Chops will now have to take his turn in court.

Please explain. Surely a verdict is public information?

Trial has been held with media blackout as it is linked to the charges against Saggy Chops, and any information put in the public domain could be prejudicial to the case against him.

Don't understand why the case against all three of them could not be held at the same time as the charges appear to be the same, but perhaps one of our legal bods could expand on this.

Met a couple of Plymouth supporters today, they knew a lot about the cheats and even that Redknapp

was on trial. However they didn't know about non payment of charities or that pimpey have not

handed over any cash with regard to the CVA. THEY DO NOW :lol::lol::lol:

Spread the word brother. ;)

1500 tickets already sold for Palace game and another 880 available for a midweek, cold night, in a recession for a Carling Cup game when we know a second team will be playing.

Best fans, only one team in Hampshire.

COYS

They can't love without us, they can't live without uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssss

The poor pompey pikeys can't live without us

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Southampton-Tickets-2628.aspx

Do you want to be at Fratton Park to see Pompey take on Southampton on December 18?

Then make sure you don’t get left behind.

A priority ticketing scheme is in place for the sale of seats for that match, based on attendance of three or more selected home games.

Four of these matches have taken place already – so if you attended Reading, Cardiff, Blackpool or Peterborough, you only have two more opportunites to ensure you can qualify for the priority window.

Pompey's matches against Barnsley (October 15) and Doncaster (October 22) are the remaining selected games.

Members who have attended three or more of the above home games – and have been on the club’s database since last season or earlier – will be given the first opportunity to buy tickets for the south coast derby during a priority period between October 24 and October 26.

Other members will then be able to buy tickets (subject to availability) on October 27 and October 28.

Only one ticket can be purchased per member.

Non-members who have attended three or more of the above games – and have been on the club’s database since last season or earlier – will then have a priority sale period on October 31 and November 1 (subject to availability), before tickets go on general sale on November 2 (again, subject to availability).

Only one ticket can be purchased per person.

To ensure the club’s database, including your record of attendance, is up to date, please ensure your details – along with those of people you may be buying tickets for – are given when purchasing tickets.

Ticket sale dates:

Monday, October 24: Members who have attended three or more of the above matches

Tuesday, October 25: Members who have attended three or more of the above matches

Wednesday, October 26: Members who have attended three or more of the above matches

Thursday, October 27: Members only

Friday, October 28: Members only

Monday, October 31: Non-members who have attended three or more of the above matches

Tuesday, November 1: Non-members who have attended three or more of the above matches

Wednesday, November 2: General sale

Please note: To purchase tickets for the Southampton match, supporters must have been registered on the club’s database since last season or earlier. Only one ticket may be purchased per member/person.

Any legal boffins out there? What does "Verdict to be taken" mean? Also this is meant to happen today (Friday) at 14:04. If that's the case how does the troll's contacts already claim to know the verdict if it's not yet been delivered?

Not sure Jim - but having a google around and as far as I can see it means the jury are still out. I also had a look at POL as well and the poster (Moderator) that Corp Ho refers to has since retracted / deleted whatever statement he made and has also closed the thread - make of that what you will.

Personally I really couldn't care either way, they will lose six points automatically - when they play us.

Don't see what difference a not guilty verdict makes.

I take your point .... but who says that the verdict is not guilty??? Corp Ho - and he is the most laughed at poster on this board. I would never believe a word he says. If Corporate Ho says that Storrie teller is not guilty, the only likely verdict is guilty.

Ignore whatever he says. Laugh at it and move on. Nobody yet knows what the verdict will be - least of all Corp Ho.

Here's a nice conundrum,

so FL attendances are on the rise eh?

FL is now the place to be.

More watched Championship games than Serie A games.

4th most watched League in the world.

So attendances are rising.

Except at Nott Arf, bless.

Still, nice to see that the few get a mention in the article - they feel closer to their team. (Well of course they would, in fact I expect most their crowd are closer to their team than any other fan in the ground.)

Poopey fans, The Wigan of the nPc

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2051093/Football-League-shows-life-Premier-League.html

To be at least a little bit fair on corp ho, he doesn't suggest it's his info so if it gets proved balls he has a way out of the stick he will no doubt get on here. The info does seem to be a bit premature though as the verdict has not yet been given. Also with the reporting ban in place due to what's thought to be due to the effect it could have on the other cases, would the verdict be given before the other cases are dealt with? As surly the result of this case could have an effect on the other cases. The reporting ban is to stop any unfair effect so would this also be kept quiet?

To be at least a little bit fair on corp ho, he doesn't suggest it's his info so if it gets proved balls he has a way out of the stick he will no doubt get on here. The info does seem to be a bit premature though as the verdict has not yet been given. Also with the reporting ban in place due to what's thought to be due to the effect it could have on the other cases, would the verdict be given before the other cases are dealt with? As surly the result of this case could have an effect on the other cases. The reporting ban is to stop any unfair effect so would this also be kept quiet?

Also, if there ARE reporting restrictions and someone posts something on the Internet, they may be looking over their shoulders expecting to get their collar felt for a while.....

Storrie found innocent of all charges according to the mods on POL. As told by someone in the club

HTH

As you would say, can you provide a link? You scabby skate F*ck...

Here's a nice conundrum,

so FL attendances are on the rise eh?

FL is now the place to be.

More watched Championship games than Serie A games.

4th most watched League in the world.

So attendances are rising.

Except at Nott Arf, bless.

Still, nice to see that the few get a mention in the article - they feel closer to their team. (Well of course they would, in fact I expect most their crowd are closer to their team than any other fan in the ground.)

Poopey fans, The Wigan of the nPc

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2051093/Football-League-shows-life-Premier-League.html

What a cracking article and very well timed evidence for our resident skates to mull over. So the skates are bucking the trend whilst Saints are leading the way for fantastic attendences in the Football League. We have been told differently on here by a phew, but it would appear the national rags agree with us on here that there really is only one team in Hampshire. Of course we have the likes of Aldershot, Basingstoke, Totton, Eastliegh and Poopey, but these are local clubs with much smaller fan bases and stadia/arenas... there is only one club in Hampshire with elite facilities, ****ing marvellous support and a bucket load of potential.

Its a shame they didnt use poopey as an example of some clubs attendences capitulating, instead deciding to keep the article postive and not let the skates with there CWTB drag it down... once again pompey are a stain on the beautiful game and perhaps it is in the best interests of the nation to keep hush on there derisory support when we are blowing the trumpet of the mostly well supported championship.

article-2051093-0E72E26400000578-44_468x210_popup.jpg

How many will the phew scrape together for tomorrows match against Donny? Will Storrie be in the stands, back in his consultancy role?

10,151 is my Nottarf prediction for tomorrow... precisely twenty thousand less than our cold, midweek, champions league night, expensive match against the 'ammers

Also, if there ARE reporting restrictions and someone posts something on the Internet, they may be looking over their shoulders expecting to get their collar felt for a while.....

If the comment or thread has been removed (correct or not) then that could well be the reason. Sounds like its bloody complex so there could be shed loads of problems either way.

And if we needed any more proof that the skates have no fans:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/stevewilson/2011/10/talking_to_myself.html

Good link, followed by the comment from "Chocolate Box Kid" (presumably one of ours on here):

Steve, I think you have summed up Pompey's future quite well with this line...

"It feels like an ice age - an almost endless chilling sensation of doom"

As you would say, can you provide a link? You scabby skate F*ck...

What a cracking article and very well timed evidence for our resident skates to mull over. So the skates are bucking the trend whilst Saints are leading the way for fantastic attendences in the Football League. We have been told differently on here by a phew, but it would appear the national rags agree with us on here that there really is only one team in Hampshire. Of course we have the likes of Aldershot, Basingstoke, Totton, Eastliegh and Poopey, but these are local clubs with much smaller fan bases and stadia/arenas... there is only one club in Hampshire with elite facilities, ****ing marvellous support and a bucket load of potential.

Its a shame they didnt use poopey as an example of some clubs attendences capitulating, instead deciding to keep the article postive and not let the skates with there CWTB drag it down... once again pompey are a stain on the beautiful game and perhaps it is in the best interests of the nation to keep hush on there derisory support when we are blowing the trumpet of the mostly well supported championship.

article-2051093-0E72E26400000578-44_468x210_popup.jpg

How many will the phew scrape together for tomorrows match against Donny? Will Storrie be in the stands, back in his consultancy role?

10,151 is my Nottarf prediction for tomorrow... precisely twenty thousand less than our cold, midweek, champions league night, expensive match against the 'ammers

As you say an interesitng article , but actually I think the second division (by whatever name) of the english league has been the 4th biggest in the world for attendances for quite some time. It annoys me that English TV and newspaper commentators etc give so much weight to, for example, the Italian league, when it is actually has fewer spectators. There may well be a high standard of football in Italy's Serie A, but who in England really cares about their results?

Read many newspapers though and you're as likely to see reports about Italian teams as you are about the championship. Of course the reporters may just prefer a trip to Rome , to one to Cardiff I suppose!

And as for Scottish teams, why is the SPL reported on before the championship, in England?

As you say an interesitng article , but actually I think the second division (by whatever name) of the english league has been the 4th biggest in the world for attendances for quite some time. It annoys me that English TV and newspaper commentators etc give so much weight to, for example, the Italian league, when it is actually has fewer spectators. There may well be a high standard of football in Italy's Serie A, but who in England really cares about their results?

Read many newspapers though and you're as likely to see reports about Italian teams as you are about the championship. Of course the reporters may just prefer a trip to Rome , to one to Cardiff I suppose!

And as for Scottish teams, why is the SPL reported on before the championship, in England?

I thought the 18 percent drop for league 1 was interesting and wondered how much that was to do with us going up along with Brighton and who ever the other team was. The crowds we were getting last season must be a fair loss to the league 1 figures. Although as mentioned there are a few teams there that have in the past attracted decent crowds so maybe they are not pulling their weight.

http://www.football365.com/portsmouth/7252813/Halford-We-need-a-goal-machine

So 15k a week Halford wants a 20 goal a year Billy Sharper type player... isnt Kitson, Lawerence, Husklepp, Benjani, Varney, Kanu, Futac, Norris et al enough already FFS... its like a disease down there, everyone is a deluded insolvent spending machine with absolutely no moral groundings whatsoever...

Halford told the club's official website: "That was one of the best games we've played this season, so to come out with nothing is soul-destroying.

Isn't it a bit hard to destroy a soul if you don't have one?

Anyway, it's quite encouraging to hear that under our friend Gray the Cheats had "one of the best games" they've played all season (even though they lost). Surely the man has done enough to earn the position full-time?

if you have dominated a game, produced the best performance of the season and still failed to register a goal let alone a point - isn't it time to be a little bit worried?

Surely playing poorly and getting turned over is one thing, but finding that your best isn't good enough indicates a real problem.

That said, I expect a win over mighty Donny in front of what must be a slightly improved crowd now that they realise they need to attend to get tickets for their cup final - 13K?

Classic quote from one of their highly paid mercenaries......

"The stadium wasn’t quite full against Barnsley". PMSL

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/halford_out_for_revenge_victory_in_donny_clash_1_3172787

Even better :

Drayton in Singapore

Friday, October 21, 2011 at 07:23 AM

we need to have the new manager unveiled for Notts on Guy Fawkes Day, and then have a 2 week break to work with him, 12 points in the bank and be sitting 8th place ready for the push to 2nd place by Jan 2nd!

Guess who they aspire to be below ??

Why would Solskjaer want to do that exactly?

I know some managers are desperate, but I don't understand their thought process when they see the ground, the lack of infrastructure and academy, the very average squad, poor training facilities and small fanbase with an overly ambitious and impatient attitude.

Its the kind of place some who has something to prove will go. Limited success can be seen as a positive and failure can be blamed on many things. A season under their belt will go towards experience they will need when they go for future jobs. Its a good place to learn how its not done. ;)