Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Great news that they are after Solksjaer.

Shows how they are thinking.

Get a big name manager in.

When we (and Reading) and others have shown that it is about bringing in a capable manager who understands the FL, knows the players and the people/scouts etc who inhabit them and knows how to get the best out of average journeyman pros and mould them into a team.

Still in some ways with the squad they have they possibly need someone used to talking to millionaires rather than capable footballers.

Big win for them yesterday against the massive Donny. Should stand them in good stead this when they start playing the proper teams in nPc

officialpompey Portsmouth FC

Attendance: 12,779 #pompey

Second consecutive weekend when they have had the LOWEST attendance in the Championship.

This weekend they were below:- Blackpool (13,520), Coventry (12,785), and PBoro (12,880).

Last weekend when they had 11,261 they were below :-

Bristol C (13,115), Burnley (13,664), Watford (12,559) and Doncaster (12,962)

Have to disagree with you Phil, Solskjaer would be a very good choice. He is very highly rated within the game, did his coaching badges whilst coaching Man U's youth teams and really only left because it was his hometown club Molde who needed a manager. He appears to be doing a great job with them as they're clear at the top of Norway's top division and should win the championship.

I'm pretty sure that Man U will have earmarked him as one for the future as to possibly some back and manage them one day.

My skate mate has just phoned to laugh at how rubbish we were yesterday. I reminded him that yes we were sh1te but still took a point and are STILL top of the league. He then went on to say that Ole will be in charge by end of next week and he'll be the guy to take them back to where they belong.

I agreed, and said that it shouldn't be too hard to drop you 9 places and take you back to your rightful place in the 3rd tier of English football.

Second consecutive weekend when they have had the LOWEST attendance in the Championship.

This weekend they were below:- Blackpool (13,520), Coventry (12,785), and PBoro (12,880).

****ing marvelous support, massive

Have to disagree with you Phil, Solskjaer would be a very good choice. He is very highly rated within the game, did his coaching badges whilst coaching Man U's youth teams and really only left because it was his hometown club Molde who needed a manager. He appears to be doing a great job with them as they're clear at the top of Norway's top division and should win the championship.

I'm pretty sure that Man U will have earmarked him as one for the future as to possibly some back and manage them one day.

I just hope he's more like Ince & Keane than Fergie!

Where's Corphomo.....looking forward to his normal twist, turns and squirming to try and deflect that skates have **** support and have had for decades, apart for the plastics that turned up for 7 yrs in the prem' who were only really there to see the other teams.

So, basically, they need TWO League matches AND a Cup game to add up to the same attendance we get for one Tuesday game. Sleeping giant my Rse. Comatose minnow more like.

In the Storrieteller / Milan case the

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Details:

[/TD]

[TD]Trial (Part Heard) - Jury retire to consider verdict - 10:14

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

http://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/Southwark-crown-court.php

Cant see anything on there today for this. Anyone got any news on verdict being given or is that under wraps till other cases get done?

Cant see anything on there today for this. Anyone got any news on verdict being given or is that under wraps till other cases get done?

Corporate Ho confirmed that Storrie was declared innocent and cleared of all charges... possibly through his excellently well placed source at the club whom he sees socially every two weeks.

Whittingham going on about training ground improvements this morning on the radio. Exactly whose training ground is he referring to?

Probably refering to the £130k the school (Kind Edwards?) invested in rennovations to their property... which pompey rent...

I have no doubt that the funds were probably due for essential maintenence for the benefit of the childrens education , P.E, gynastics, new changing rooms etc... but as the dirty skates reneged on the money they owed them pre-admin, and the subsequent delaying of the CVA this year, meant that the school was left short of vital funds...

money the skates should have paid, which as a result would have been spent on improving the land the skates rent to train on, funds had to be sourced else where to the detriment of our future generations

As the school will have a service agreement with the skates, despite the skates shafting them in the CVA, the school are still duty bound to honour the service agreement, so the kids will have to suffer

DCFSBs

And whilst were on the subject of the skates screwing over everything left, right and centre:

http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=332%3Atrust-create-community-pompey-intiative&catid=34%3Ademo-category

Instead of playing fantasy 'chairman' and 'board', how about this trust stop drawing up silly 'constitutions' (FFS!)

It is about having a positive impact on the wider community and using the power of football both on and off the pitch to really make a difference to people’s lives.

Eh? How about you progressive and blue sky thinkers try and get the original charities their cash back???

****ing morons, changing peoples lives, how about they try and help those whose lives have been RUINED by the actions of the skates... childrens cancer charities?

Ruined is a bit harsh - all they did was stole money intended to improve the short lives of terminally-ill children, you're making out it was something really bad...

Everyone makes mistakes, easy to do, you collect money for a charity, pretend to hand it over to get your photo in the paper, put it in your own pocket.

Go home that night and think, mmmm, the cancer charity probably needs it more than we do.....feck em, let's spend it on loanees instead, they can stick their little wheelchairs where the sun don't shine.*

And I'm sure all of those local businesses raped by the club will have got over it by now - forgive and forget as they say in Mossad.

Disappointed they haven't been talking to Avram, nothing quite as funny as an old man shuffling around a dirty industrial estate with his club tracksuit trousers around his ankles and his little chap sticking out like a wrinkly hitchhiker's thumb.

*I think Ho is also appalled but will tell us they have paid it all off, though despite Lampitt's claims, the jury is still very much out on that one.

The crime is so bad that I don't care if it is all cleared, it should NEVER have happened.

Presumably Ho has been banged up as a result of his blatant disregard for a court injunction.

Ooh I do hope so. He'll take them backwards, financially cripple them and load them up with over paid players ............... oh wait....

Well he got conned into the County job so he could well fall into a Russian mafia swindle.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/clark_is_the_man_fans_want_as_next_boss_1_3179461

"Clark polled a whopping 39 per cent of the overall vote, with 10,827 voting for him to get the job."

Staggering, that is almost the same size as the skates regular attendences, and it will eclipse the matchday turnout before Xmas... its also suprising as on the russian mafias facebook pages every skate wants someone else... i have to type 'con' to get onto the russian mafias page!

was having a funny discussion about the failing pompey faithful last night. I couldnt recall andronikous breakeven figure, but im pretty sure it was around the 15-16k mark... we all laughed about the money the skates are hemorrhaging cash by the day!

I then proclaimed that Leicester will be the next skate esque catastrophe... albeit not quite as severe as poopey because they have a modern stadium and a bit of infrastructure on which to rebuild when there dodgy Asian investors screw them over

wasn't breakeven approx 14,000? - and that was before they fell about £10M short on transfer fees.

With the current wagebill running too high as well the russians will have to chuck money in to stand still.

So how long before we're treated to confirmation of a further delay of the CVA payments?

That should come in January I reckon - a letter to creditors saying there isn't funding to pay the CVA yet, at the same time as they will outbid bigger clubs and sign two or three players on silly wages.

Same sh=t, different transfer window.

Why the hell would Lee Clark leave Huddersfield a team he has guided to god knows how many games without defeat in the league, to join an outfit who "live on potential support if we are doing well", train 20 miles from their ground because there is no where better or no one else will risk letting them owe them money,

i do not particularly like Clark but even he is not that mad

It occurs to me that any decent managers Pompey might have had as a target now have the far more attractive job at Leicester to look at.

Or cleaning out the bogs at Waterloo, working in MacDonalds or stacking shelves in Tescos.

Lets face it the list of jobs far more attractive than being Boss of Skatesmuff is just about endless :D

It occurs to me that any decent managers Pompey might have had as a target now have the far more attractive job at Leicester to look at.

Actually the two arent miles apart, after all pompey are the second biggest spenders in the league... they have literally spent MILLIONS and MILLIONS this summer, and thats after earning the disgraceful title of the highest paid XI in the division the previous season... so its either chaotic over spending from the Asian mafia, or criminal overspending by the loan shark and the russian mafia... both a delight to work for im sure...

What seperates the two is the fact that Leicester have decent enough support, a modern stadium and infrastructure... they are also not in a 5-6 year CVA administration process, nor do they have criminal investigations being conducted, nor are they the most hated football club in the country...

Or cleaning out the bogs at Waterloo, working in MacDonalds or stacking shelves in Tescos.

Lets face it the list of jobs far more attractive than being Boss of Skatesmuff is just about endless :D

woah there arabian boy, now you cant make that comparison... the skates havent had their toilets installed yet!

Despite recent low gates, the skates are convinced that they need a sparkly new stadium and bigger capacity.

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=381557

Apprently they'll reap the benefits of having 11,000 fans a week in a shiny new 30,000+ capacity stadium. Nice to know they are proving themselves to be the absolute dullards we all know and love them to be.

Despite recent low gates, the skates are convinced that they need a sparkly new stadium and bigger capacity.

That article is **** funny, typical deluded skate.

"In the 1980's Fratton Park has a capacity of 36,000 and was considered to be one of the best grounds in the league." LOL

What the dumb f*ck fails to mention is that even then their attendances only averaged around 13K, one season 8K.

The gift that just goes on giving. The deluded few, want a nice shinny new stadium I'm sure all the banks and investment people will be queuing up to pile 40/50-million into such a well run club. Have they also forgotten that the land they need for this new stadium expansion is still owned by a certain Mr Gaydamak. But I'm sure he will let them have it for next to nothing Oh!

Actually, when you get through the bluff, the underlying message is probably right - despite their being a few vital errors within the article. If you turned the tables, and we were still at a crumbling Dell which had no investment since the 80's, wouldn't we be calling for a new stadium? It will take a massive investment, but at least they are calling for that investment to be used off the field, rather than on it.

They have fallen a long way, and it's nice to see them acknowledge it and also that we get better attendances now.

That said - couple of serious questions

- £35m for a new stadium? What would that get you nowadays, £15k capacity? Our out of the box stadium cost upwards of £30m ten years ago.

- Yes borrowing the money might be a problem from a UK bank, but their owners also own our friend Bankas Snoras, who as we know were refused a UK banking license. So could they borrow from Bankas Snoras or would the FSA stop the deal as the bank are effectively unlicensed?

- 3 administrations, I agree - what ever happened to that penalty for more than one administration?

Oh and this was a lol moment...

Anyway' date=' the overcrowding means people are standing in front of the seats. All of which is irrelevant because the bulb went in the projector before the start of the season meaning you can't really see the football anyway.[/quote']

Now where did they put the spare bulb... is in the scoreboard or the new ladies loo? :lol:

"Pompey have always been badly run, it seems to be in the fabric of the place, but in 1984 it didn't matter. To our left you had Saints with their poxy little ground, their relegation struggling team and their acceptance they were a small, family, club"

Erm. In 1984 we finished second only to Liverpool in the top flight and were the only club that decade that came close to a league and cup double.

We were a small top flight team. There's a difference. We just took pride in the fact we were up there competing with Liverpool and Man Utd despite not having their money and facilities. No-one outside that league, with any sense, thought we were small.

Whereas the Skates when they were last in the Prem were loud and arrogant about their unjustifiable amounts of spending, then when their castle crumbled and the mercenaries f*cked off to other places they were still going on about what a big club they were. I'm so glad that people have finally seen the vast amounts of cheating that went on behind the scenes at Nottarf and now see the Skates for the seedy little club they are. When we get back up to the Prem, I hope we continue to promote our family values, we don't spend massive amounts of money on players who only care about their next paycheque and above all, we play by the rules. As long as we do that, i'll be happy.

Don't be daft peeps. Of course they can build a nice shiny new stadium.

Just need to go and find an overseas bank and ask for a nice 25 year mortgage secured against future ST income (they'll use these articles to prove they are a sleeping giant). and the Broker won't care as he'll be getting a whopping million dollar fee & the bank Employee will be rewarded with a 6 figure bonus as he found someone to lend to that wasn't Greece.

They then build it

They go into admin again, the bank has no choice but to accept 25% in a CVA that is deferred for 5 years before another admin pops up and away they go.

Now, where have I heard that idea before?

yup, most English (& Scottish) football Clubs outside the CL I reckon, not just us

Apprently they'll reap the benefits of having 11,000 fans a week in a shiny new 30,000+ capacity stadium. Nice to know they are proving themselves to be the absolute dullards we all know and love them to be.

Build it, and they won't come.

http://pompeypages.com/2011/10/25/pompey-train-in-front-of-fans-pictures/

Better get used to the sea of blue....seats

Edited by Katalinic

Initially, I thought that the article was refering to the fact that Reading and Doncaster now get bigger home gates than they do.

Instead, it is a fun packed trip around Fantasy Island, where Saints stuggled through the 80's ( finished second, Uefa cup place etc), where Russian Bankers ( hem, hem) can loan themselves millions to build a new ground , and that if you build it they will come.

They think that millions will pour in from corporate hospitality if the build new stands. Saints Coprarate clients were the first ones into the lifeboats after relegation, so the idea that IBM and Vospers will be queing up to buy boxes at Fratton ( with hot water in the ladies loo) is just laughable.

However, their current gates do make it possilbe to knock down the North Stand, to begin turning the ground and still accomadate all of their home support in the two remaining home stands.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})