Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Press conference today lunchtime apparently.

What time is lunchtime in skatesmouth? As time is numbers will they be saying lunchtime is actually 20% of the time they actually mean?

Someething else amused me this morning. @mattslaterbbc on twitter posted this earlier:

"@mattslaterbbc: Hearn says he once suggested 2-league demotion penalty for going into administration, only Pompey agreed. That, Alanis, is ironic"

Press conference today lunchtime apparently.

Update on the toilet developments at Nottarf?

The Russian mafia must be absolutely livid with the appalling, pathetic attendances, I can imagine the face on Vlad as he has to write out another cheque out as the few dont bother to support there team... what did admin andy say they needed to break even, 16k? The Russian mafia are burning through cash faster than Ben Haim can take it off them and they must be wondering why bother?

11k, did they really believe all the spin about the bestest fans in da wurlzzz ™?

Massive club...

What time is lunchtime in skatesmouth? As time is numbers will they be saying lunchtime is actually 20% of the time they actually mean?

Someething else amused me this morning. @mattslaterbbc on twitter posted this earlier:

"@mattslaterbbc: Hearn says he once suggested 2-league demotion penalty for going into administration, only Pompey agreed. That, Alanis, is ironic"

depends on the tide

Alan Sugar was on Talksport last night, he was talking about The Skates. Said it was a disgrace that they were allowed to continue, and that they should have been wound up and thrown out of the leagues.Said it's just plain wrong that millionaire players got paid in full, but builders and local people got shafted. I know it's old hat, but finally the myth of plucky Portsmouth is wearing thin with other supporters around the country.

So did they have a presser or was it SC's presser at Forrest that was going on?

Also, the court case stating Prosecution closing statement or what ever it was, does that mean its another 5 months for the defence to have their say or is it nearly decission time?

It seems that one of the phew fans got the wrong end of the stick and it was, indeed, SC's press conference. Said confused fan then posted on the phew's message board that there was to be a press conference and they all started fannying about and getting excited (including Mr TF) :D

It seems that one of the phew fans got the wrong end of the stick and it was, indeed, SC's press conference. Said confused fan then posted on the phew's message board that there was to be a press conference and they all started fannying about and getting excited (including Mr TF) :D

Haha poor blew phew. As if there would be news for them to get excited about. Lol

who ever gets to stand on the managers gallows would have to be feckin poor not to beat clotters record,:scared:

As Chez says, Stuart is certainly up to the task. All of us here have full faith in him.

Come on Roman and Vlad, how can you not be impressed with that excellent win over the mighty Barnsley? Give the man a contract today. Our illustrious previous chairman didn't hesitate to appoint Wigley the minute Luggy left, so you shouldn't dilly dally either. The early bird gets the worm.

You know it make sense.

Alan Sugar was on Talksport last night, he was talking about The Skates. Said it was a disgrace that they were allowed to continue, and that they should have been wound up and thrown out of the leagues.Said it's just plain wrong that millionaire players got paid in full, but builders and local people got shafted. I know it's old hat, but finally the myth of plucky Portsmouth is wearing thin with other supporters around the country.

It is beginning to go viral amoungst the football supporting community... FIFA and UEFA kicked off about it all when they went bust, with the FA and PL trying to hush it all up...

Fortunately at SWF we have a platform here to discuss the issues and raise awareness over what is becoming the single greatest scam in the history of football, a tale that will fans of the future will look back on and say "that was when it all changed"...

Hats off to this magnificent thread and to all those that are doing their bit for society and the footballing communities by exposing the DFCSBs for what they are.

This mornings quotes from the deluded blew phew:

However, privately, Pompey have already ruled out the 55-year-old as a candidate.

Jones is perceived as an expensive option who would favour bringing in his own coaching team on a large scale.

Nice ommission that they cant afford a proper management team, funny that they are openly disclosing 'private' decisions through a local rag, very professional and a nice touch of class there.

Skate 'legend' Whittingham clearly smells the concrete boots round the corner:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/legend_adamant_blues_role_doesn_t_interest_him_1_3160856

I’ve got a nice family life and would quite like to keep it that way, thank you very much.

The training ground is fantastic, the office stuff is all coming together

The new guy might bring his own staff

Eh?.. Is this the school playing fields he is reffering too? I doubt anyone will be bringing in his own staff, Dave Jones certainly aint!

Weve had McCarthy, Holloway, Warnock and the rest publically stating how the skates outbid them for players:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=19382

Chuck wanted to stay but he got such a fantastic offer from Portsmouth. I remember he came to my office and told me he didn’t really want to leave Ipswich

“He got offered a three-year contract that we didn’t match, or wouldn’t match or couldn’t match, and he said he couldn’t really turn it down. I fully agreed with him.

“But this is a job and he got an unbelievable offer from Portsmouth that he felt – and I think we would all agree – that he had to take.

****ing disgraceful (and the town fans are picking up on it too)

I nearly crashed the car this morning from laughing, when Kevan James said on the radio that Whittingham had stated that: the incoming manager would inherit "..a stable club with a solid infrastructure."

Un-f**kin-believable!

Stable: A place often deep in horse poo.

That bit sounds about right to me.

I nearly crashed the car this morning from laughing, when Kevan James said on the radio that Whittingham had stated that: the incoming manager would inherit "..a stable club with a solid infrastructure."

Un-f**kin-believable!

Christ, even their Russky owner recognises that they hope some day to become a "proper club" !!

Real shame not being able to listen to the clot's post match reaction to last night's game.

Oh and now let's re-visit those attendance defences shall we?

Midweek game.................... 32,152 nope that didn't work

Recession......................... 32,152 nope that didn't work

Traffic Chaos.................... 32,152 nope that didn't work

3 games in 8 days.............. Could have sold double the tickets for the two away games in that period.

400 to Hull, 4,000 to Reading.

Game Over

Edited by dubai_phil

I suppose if anyone wants a direct comparison - the DFCSB's played Ipswich away last night, a Tuesday night fixture same as us earlier in the season. Anyone know how many they took and how many we took. Obviously on the field there appears to be little comparison...

Another direct comparison coming up as well, Oct 29th Derby v Portsmouth.

We took 2700, what do we reckon will be their number, I'll go for 500?

I suppose if anyone wants a direct comparison - the DFCSB's played Ipswich away last night, a Tuesday night fixture same as us earlier in the season. Anyone know how many they took and how many we took. Obviously on the field there appears to be little comparison...

I would be interested to know how many the skates took to Ipswich too, as they put an extra 5k on the nottarf gate against barnsley (11k), so i guess they would have taken an additional thousand or so.

Another direct comparison coming up as well, Oct 29th Derby v Portsmouth.

We took 2700, what do we reckon will be their number, I'll go for 500?

Sounds about right, before they cleared out clotteril though... seeing as they guaranteed an aditional 5k on the home gate they will take more to Derby, so anything less than 2k would be a disgrace for the bestests, finests supporters in the lands ™

Perhaps they will sell out to see the russian mafia unveil Dowie as their saviour?

What a fabulous turn out from the Saints last night, a record breaking crowd they told us, although in my eyes a sell out is a sell out... being picky over one or two hundred isnt necessary for us, it is though for the skates when they take 150 to wigan et al, every body counts...

So on saturday afternoon we had the 11k skate turnout where they were singing '' theres only one team in Hampshire '' - silly deluded skates!

Last night we demonstrated who really is the '' only one team in Hampshire '' with our magnificent attendence, they really should knock that chip off their shoulders and just accept they are a small time, no mark, tin pot club whio is only known to the world for criminal activity, unsporting behaviour and being the first and only top tier club to be declared insolvent...

11,000 v 32,000

That is the final word on who has the bigger fanbase, even Ho wouldn't be daft enough to argue that point again.

While some Saints fans are now starting to believe that we may be able to achieve something this season, I still haven't met a pompey fan who will honestly accept that we are doing well, and it is on merit.

The delusion continues.

Apparently we are still 'lucky as teams don't know us', we will 'fizzle out', 'it's a marathon not a sprint'.

Every time we beat someone they are dismissed as not that good.

Nige is sounding grounded, as are most fans, I have raised my expectation from top ten to perhaps top six, but no one sensible is vocalising the thought that we will comfortably win this league on the strength of a couple of months.

So yes it is a marathon, but it looks like pompey pulled a hamstring in the warm up area.

Anyone had a member of the very few congratulate us on a good start and our decent squad?

My Arsenal supporting mate reckons Pompey have great fans. I asked him how he came to this conclusion and he said "we d*cked them once at Fratton, Thierry Henry absolutely ran the show and then got substituted. As he came off, the Pompey fans gave him a standing ovation..." I laugh in his face every time he brings it up. Arsenal wouldn't know good fans if they came up and smacked their penis across their face.

Lots of newly promoted clubs do the same, hence they get this great fans tag, as countless others have. Pompey just believe it and cling onto it to sleep at night. When a team is in the top flight after so many years, they're just happy to be there, so will take a big defeat better. Personally after so many years beating the top teams in the Premier League, I wouldn't applaud the opposition destroying us, but I guess we had higher expectations. Then again, they didn't applaud after that season did they.

I do recall saints fans applauding a couple of lower league teams to knock us out of cups over the years.

As do I but this doesn't get the same attention does it?

Totally agree and that was my retort... when we were in the Premier League we were too busy turning the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea etc... over that there's no way we'd applaud you off the pitch if you beat us.

Just been over to their site to check that news out. Whilst there, noticed the brochure on holding a wedding at FP. Apparently they will also do civil marriages and civil partnerships :bun: Guess who is the only former player pictured on that page?