Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Hardly like looking for a needle in a haystack, a nice and easy contract for BDO Stoy Hayward - and there go the points:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/east-hampshire/firm_called_in_to_look_at_links_with_csi_1_3353964

Isn't iot bigger than that though ? Surely one of the main reasons they havent gone ahead and deducted is because of the '2 times in 3years and you are out' rule being touted on here.

Isn't iot bigger than that though ? Surely one of the main reasons they havent gone ahead and deducted is because of the '2 times in 3years and you are out' rule being touted on here.

I'm not sure that rule was ever more than just a proposal. I think it could be a bigger deduction than a mere 10 points if they do find the link between the companies, due to multiple admins within a very short period.

I'm not sure that rule was ever more than just a proposal. I think it could be a bigger deduction than a mere 10 points if they do find the link between the companies, due to multiple admins within a very short period.

Would it make any difference that the skates' previous slide into administration was during their time in the Prem, whereas the forthcoming visit will be as a FL club ?

Ho Ho Ho....Father Christmas comes in many different forms, this year ours might look like an accountant.

Not good news for the blue few. Bringing in outsiders, costs lumpitt any influence he might have been able to bare on his previous employees.

At least the FL are taking it seriously.

But a Pompey spokesman said: ‘We are aware of the investigation as we have been in constant contact with the Football League about the process.

It’s not an investigation, but simply a review of the club’s relationship with CSI as part of the League’s assessment, as part of their regulations.

Don't tell em your name Pike :) :) :) :)

Whatever happens to Pompey, at least you gave us the biggest laugh we've ever had at Fratton park with your Lallana chant. The campest football chant ever. Most of us are still laughing at it now. Someone recorded it so I've linked it below so you can see how embarrassing it was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImTosJYngJE

The biggest laugh in football, has been your train crash lasting two years, and now coming to it's conclusion. We'll be laughing long after your cheating club have been forgotten.

Whatever happens to Pompey, at least you gave us the biggest laugh we've ever had at Fratton park with your Lallana chant. The campest football chant ever. Most of us are still laughing at it now. Someone recorded it so I've linked it below so you can see how embarrassing it was

It's sh ite alright, it's right up their with BHA scarf swirling "Championi" at SMS and thick skates singing shalalala in 2011

Hardly like looking for a needle in a haystack, a nice and easy contract for BDO Stoy Hayward - and there go the points:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/east-hampshire/firm_called_in_to_look_at_links_with_csi_1_3353964

Someone might like to point BDO's head of forensic accounting in the general direction of this thread..... contact details: http://www.bdo.uk.com/find-a-partner/mike-mason

Edited by trousers

Pompey fan in not understanding irony shocker

The "investigation" is the same that was carried out against us when our parent company went into Administration. Glad to see FL consistency.

It will of course have to be clean compliant and complete, as with us, IF (oops when) the FL apply snactions, the FIRST thing they will try to do will be to appeal against it - probably along the lines of "But we had someone ready to buy and now they have run away and so we will sue you for damages" - which is kinda what we tried to do when we got hit.

The FL then have to be able to do the same - appeal and we will withhold your "Licence/Golden Share" until the courts decide. Oh and if you lose we will automatically relegate you two divisions as well

I tell you what corpy.....you keep the Lallana song and we'll keep your posts, I know which one i think is worth the most in comedy value :) :) :) :)

PMSL...

Is that all you have got left now !!??

A red letter day indeed - Corpy can no longer defend the indefensible!

he posts on the left, he posts on the right....Corporate Ho makes Westwood look bright.

But really, don't even go there with the comedy value thang, you just know we're going to see your 'best of' reel produced again and then we'll be talking for days about Saab, Maradona, billions of imminent investment, and your social meetings with the worst ITK mole ever.

Forget it, your street cred is like the golden summer of 2008, but a distant memory. :p

:)

You're getting desperate now Ho !!

Merry Xmas

HO HO HO

:)

But I thought Pompey fans were so loud and passionate how come they even heard one of our chants ?

Not half as embarrasing as all the empty seats in the home areas on Sunday though for your Cup Final. Bestest fans....................PMSL

Regardless of what a chimp Corp appears on here, he's right about the Lallana hand waving, how that's caught on is beyond me as it does look gay as!

Regardless of what a chimp Corp appears on here, he's right about the Lallana hand waving, how that's caught on is beyond me as it does look gay as!

True, but ONLY when the fans singing it actually BELIEVE Lallana makes Messi look sh1te.

For all the rest, we take it as an affectionate/ironic p1ss-take in the way the Barmy Army originally intended with Mitchell Johnson

You hang on to that then...you can take your dictaphone along to Moneyfields and play it over the PA!

Desper - ate ho...you really do need help:facepalm:

Nothing wrong with the Lallana//Messi song IMO. It's one that can't be sped up to 100mph and ruined, unlike OWTSGMI and most other songs Saints sing. Plus, the arm-swaying actions create a good visual impact when the whole end does it. Don't let the skates sway your minds people. The biggest clubs in britain do it: -

The Saints

Man Utd

Celtic

Times must be really hard with the cheats - the widow of Len Phillips, the last member of the skates' championship winning side, asked PFC if her husband's wake could be held at Fratton Park.

No problem was their response - that'll be £500 for the room, and £1000 to lay on a few sandwiches and tea / coffee..

Everyone at FP who is in any way associated with that decision should hang their head in shame.

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=395550

Excellent... So you've gone from a "we're fine, you can't prove anything, you're all mad conspiracy theorists and Pompey are the best" to "whatever happens at Pompey....." ..... What's up ho?...........

Times must be really hard with the cheats - the widow of Len Phillips, the last member of the skates' championship winning side, asked PFC if her husband's wake could be held at Fratton Park.

No problem was their response - that'll be £500 for the room, and £1000 to lay on a few sandwiches and tea / coffee..

Everyone at FP who is in any way associated with that decision should hang their head in shame.

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=395550

That is truely terrible , have to say I have respect for most of the Skates who have posted on that thread, they see it for how it really is

Pompey fan in not understanding irony shocker

True, but ONLY when the fans singing it actually BELIEVE Lallana makes Messi look sh1te.

For all the rest, we take it as an affectionate/ironic p1ss-take in the way the Barmy Army originally intended with Mitchell Johnson

We're not laughing at the words you divs. We're laughing at the co-ordinated, boy band style arm waving that made you look like like a camp bunch of queens at a gay disco. WTF do your team run out to at St Mary's, YMCA? PMSL

Excellent... So you've gone from a "we're fine, you can't prove anything, you're all mad conspiracy theorists and Pompey are the best" to "whatever happens at Pompey....." ..... What's up ho?...........

What's up? I think you're a muppet who must misunderstand practically everything I post. I've not said we're fine once since Antonov was arrested. I think we've got big problems. What I've been trying to point out to a lot of the mongs on here who keep banging on about us being "inextricably linked" (or "inexorably linked as one complete tool wrote) is that of course we're linked to CSI, that's not in question. But that's not why the FL docked you ten points. It's because the club and SLH were "inextricably linked as one economic entity" - you were just one business. As CSI paid £30m (whether it was worth that or not) for the WRC rights it's clear that some of their other businesses stand on their own - hence we're not linked "as one economic entity". Of course we have financial problems now Antonov's not putting cash in but you'd have problems if the Liebherr's weren't subsidising you. Does that mean you and the other Liebherr businesses are "inextricably linked as one economic entity"?

**** me you dins are hard work

What I've been trying to point out to a lot of the mongs on here who keep banging on about us being "inextricably linked" (or "inexorably linked as one complete tool wrote) is that of course we're linked to CSI, that's not in question. But that's not why the FL docked you ten points. It's because the club and SLH were "inextricably linked as one economic entity" - you were just one business. As CSI paid £30m (whether it was worth that or not) for the WRC rights it's clear that some of their other businesses stand on their own - hence we're not linked "as one economic entity". Of course we have financial problems now Antonov's not putting cash in but you'd have problems if the Liebherr's weren't subsidising you. Does that mean you and the other Liebherr businesses are "inextricably linked as one economic entity"?

And you ignored it when I put to you that Southampton Leisure Holdings had a number of companies not connected to football. Many of the CSI companies have been setup suspiciously recently and/or have tiny turnovers. Mark Fry was never the administrator for the football club, by the wording of the Football League's rules at the time Saints shouldn't have been deducted points. It is however a members club and the openness of the rules in some areas means they can act to some extent as they wish. I would imagine pretty much every Football League club would want them to take a hard line on Pompey's second admin in a short space.

Also £10.8m was invested in Pompey in the summer on player fees and wages! David Lampitt had the cheek a mere few months ago to boost the club was the second highest net spend in the Championship in an article on the Pompey website. Four months later with CSI in admin the administrator for CSI has said Pompey don't have the funds to support itself beyond Jan/Feb.

I think that links them inextricably as one economic entity! Pompey were reliant on more funds to pay the bills that they increase the wage bill for by spending in the summer, this is no longer happening and the club is screwed even more.

How can you claim they are not closely linked when the funding for bills has dried up midway through the season after been given £10.8m to spend on player transfers?

Edited by Matthew Le God

This is great news and brilliant that a Southampton based firm is on the case... weve all worked it out on here so they just need to find the neccessary paper trails assuming Lampitt dosent shred and burn everything like theres only one Peter Storrie.

perhaps we could help by sending a few direct quotations from CSI director Dubov and PFC CEO Lampitt bragging about all the millions they spent this summer, second only to Leceister.

that bonkers punt on norris, varney and huskellepp will look a bit silly in hindsight. Big transfer fees aside, those additional wages need paying, and CSI are stumping up (stolen) cash to prop up the failing entity - which means on their own, the skates are insolvent.

A points deduction in the new year would be a wonderful Christmas present and would put them on nice path towards administration before the seasons out.

Shalalalala... who the f*ck is laughing now?!

(PMSL as it happens)

That is truely terrible , have to say I have respect for most of the Skates who have posted on that thread, they see it for how it really is

Lampitt looks to have blown his relationship with the skates on this PR guff, they normally lap it up.

Interestingly Moneyfields FC have stepped in and will support the wake. This could be a big step towards the pompey trust and Moneyfields entering merger discussions for the start of the 2012/13 Wessex league - every cloud and all that.

MONEYFIELDS%20FC%5B1%5D.jpg

What's up? I think you're a muppet who must misunderstand practically everything I post. I've not said we're fine once since Antonov was arrested. I think we've got big problems. What I've been trying to point out to a lot of the mongs on here who keep banging on about us being "inextricably linked" (or "inexorably linked as one complete tool wrote) is that of course we're linked to CSI, that's not in question. But that's not why the FL docked you ten points. It's because the club and SLH were "inextricably linked as one economic entity" - you were just one business. As CSI paid £30m (whether it was worth that or not) for the WRC rights it's clear that some of their other businesses stand on their own - hence we're not linked "as one economic entity". Of course we have financial problems now Antonov's not putting cash in but you'd have problems if the Liebherr's weren't subsidising you. Does that mean you and the other Liebherr businesses are "inextricably linked as one economic entity"?

Did we misunderstand the Riqueleme, Mardonna, New stadiums (X 3) Chinese investers, South African investors, Al Fahim being a billionare, Antonov not into money laundering, snoras being a beacon of light in the banking world, Chinny not having a charge etc etc etc etc.

And as for inextricably linked as one economic entity, you won't need any help to pay Januarys wages, Aprils money to gaydamak or the CVA will you corpy?

Shame andriod and lumpitt don't see it that way.

And you call us "dins"

The chickens are heading home, the fat ladys clearing her throat and the penniless lithuanian grannies have swapped Christmas dinner for a picture of ben haim.

Time to do one now corps, never in forum history has one knob spouted so much cr@p and keep coming back for more, without an ounce of shame.

Merry Christmas...ho ho ho

The song is not to my taste but if you think that is more embarrassing than having your top fan with his entourage of stripped to the waist hangers on, on national tv, ringing his bell etc, then you have missed the plot yet again.

The Fratton end has become far from intimidating now, since you have let Westwood become the leader and focus of the medias attention. It is like a Punch and Judy character in his beach hut on the Southsea beach. The cameras showed the nation the cream of your fans on the day, and it is nothing like the former mob you used to have singing.

I found it funny watching a load of grannies grandads with their bottle blond hairstyles trying to intimidate from the Fratton end.Lol

What I've been trying to point out to a lot of the mongs on here who keep banging on about us being "inextricably linked" (or "inexorably linked as one complete tool wrote) is that of course we're linked to CSI, that's not in question. But that's not why the FL docked you ten points. It's because the club and SLH were "inextricably linked as one economic entity" - you were just one business. As CSI paid £30m (whether it was worth that or not) for the WRC rights it's clear that some of their other businesses stand on their own - hence we're not linked "as one economic entity". Of course we have financial problems now Antonov's not putting cash in but you'd have problems if the Liebherr's weren't subsidising you. Does that mean you and the other Liebherr businesses are "inextricably linked as one economic entity"?

One thing I think needs pointing out is that "inextricably linked as one economic entity" is not in the FL's rules/regulations. This term was used in summary of their judgement by Lord Mawhinney, followed by "All of the evidence pointed us to the conclusion that an administrator has been appointed that covers the club or aspects of the club as well as the holding company, and that being the case, we had no flexibility under Football League regulations - we had to apply sporting sanctions." (see http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/8014811.stm).

So, I think your repeated mentions of other businesses (eg the WRC rights company) standing on their own is potentially not relevant. If the CSI administrator's work "covers the club or aspects of the club as well as the holding company" (I don't know if it does or not, but I'd have thought it quite possible as others have pointed out here in various ways) then it's likely the same outcome will be reached.

We're not laughing at the words you divs. We're laughing at the co-ordinated, boy band style arm waving that made you look like like a camp bunch of queens at a gay disco.

Pompey fan in thinking that irony can only be exhibited by words and not actions shocker...

One thing I think needs pointing out is that "inextricably linked as one economic entity" is not in the FL's rules/regulations. This term was used in summary of their judgement by Lord Mawhinney, followed by "All of the evidence pointed us to the conclusion that an administrator has been appointed that covers the club or aspects of the club as well as the holding company, and that being the case, we had no flexibility under Football League regulations - we had to apply sporting sanctions." (see http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/8014811.stm).

So, I think your repeated mentions of other businesses (eg the WRC rights company) standing on their own is potentially not relevant. If the CSI administrator's work "covers the club or aspects of the club as well as the holding company" (I don't know if it does or not, but I'd have thought it quite possible as others have pointed out here in various ways) then it's likely the same outcome will be reached.

Jolly good job AA hasn't made any mention whatsoever of PFC2010's predictament in his dealings with CSI's administration in that case....doh...

toast-clock.jpeg

Tick, tock, tick, tock....

Interesting...link posted on Twitter by a certain BBC journo...from Gilfoyle, the admin of Plymouth...

http://partnership.pagroupplc.com/Blog/Football-clubs-are-they-businesses-worth-saving/391

Interesting piece. Stand-out extract:

How will we handle future football club administrations?

What will we do differently in future? Can we still make a football rescue work? We really hope so, but this is what we will do differently another time

- At the outset we will be realistic with everyone – fans, creditors, players and staff, prospective buyers – we will spell out exactly what the prospects are for a rescue. The market has changed and is getting worse, we can no longer assume we can find buyers for football clubs.

Jolly good job AA hasn't made any mention whatsoever of PFC2010's predictament in his dealings with CSI's administration in that case....doh...

toast-clock.jpeg

Tick, tock, tick, tock....

Also a bloody good job that he's made no mention of trying very hard to sell one of the businesses that belong to CSI - how is that sale coming along, it was meant ot be this week wasn't it ;) - and using that money to invest [sic] in PFC2010 to keep the club afloat.

No siree, no mention of that happening was there ;)

the desperation in your tone is the biggest laugh

Also a bloody good job that he's made no mention of trying very hard to sell one of the businesses that belong to CSI - how is that sale coming along, it was meant ot be this week wasn't it ;) - and using that money to invest [sic] in PFC2010 to keep the club afloat.

No siree, no mention of that happening was there ;)

Wouldn't it make for a fantastic Christmas present if the few are finally undone by Comical Andy's big mouth.

After what he appeared to get away with in the changing the size of the debt game to get his CVA pushed through last time.

Karma at work again?

Oh on the subject of which thank fook I'm away for New Year - Boy George has reformed Culture Club & is playing... Karma Chameleon... Comical Andy

We're not laughing at the words you divs. We're laughing at the co-ordinated, boy band style arm waving that made you look like like a camp bunch of queens at a gay disco. WTF do your team run out to at St Mary's, YMCA? PMSL

The only real 'din' on here is you...sad fuuucckker that you are and can't stay away.

'one peter storrie' ho

whats worse, that song or waving your arms a bit?

I'd say the song, would you agree?

You're entire club is the biggest laughing stock in history, and you are complete idiot

what other retard would spend years trying to convince saints fans that pompey are so great with a bunch of made-up ITKs and lies

Maradonna, Riquelme, Saviola, billions of investment, the list goes on

I'm actually struggling to understand what you get out of it, as it does seem to make you very angry.

Maybe you are Peter Storrie? because your posts make about as much sense as his transfer dealings...

Edited by COMEONYOUREDS

On a much more important note.

I've noticed quite a few posts of late by newcomers to this epic drama, many with very low post counts but cracking quality of links and analysis - welcome aboard to you all gang.

And also a few more comments by passing forum legands, so I'll just take this opportunity to say thanks to all 2.5 million of you that have passed this way and may the next few days of Panic Last Minute Christmas Shopping bring you Peace, Calm and Satisfaction.

Unlike what will be happening down the road in their Accounts Office

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})