Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

no sign of any progress in the CSI asset sale, they are now damaging another sport and our best young driver.

Kris Meeke looks like his career has hit the buffers as BMW have no confidence that the WRC will have a new image rights deal by the Monte Carlo...and this was Andronikou's little gem that would provide finance for CSI creditors, like Chanrai.

If he doesn't sell that asap then both CSI and rallying are in big trouble, and there is little hope for other CSI companies.

When BMW and Prodrive are concerned enough not to commit fully to the series then there is a problem, whatever AA tells everyone.

“We haven’t put in an entry yet because we are liaising with the FIA about the situation regarding the contract with the promoter for next year.

“It is very difficult with a big organisation like BMW to commit to a series where you are not sure where you stand.”

The problems surrounding the World championship centre on North One Sport, who are the promoters and holders of the television rights. They are part of Convers Sports Initiatives (CSI), a holding company owned by Russian Vladimir Antonov who was arrested in London last month on fraud and money laundering charges totalling 1.6 billion dollars.

Excellent Matt Slater article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/mattslater/2011/12/the_precarious_position_of_clu.html

Krasner's comments were particularly startling.

"The world has changed, the buyers just aren't there anymore," he said. "A lot of people want to own a club but they don't want to write a cheque.

Andrew "Pompey" Andronikou admitted it was now almost impossible to walk away having pleased everybody............

We would all like to go into these clubs, do a deal in a couple of weeks, get paid and get out but that will never happen," he said.

Which again begs the question

How much cash do they have left?

There's a Brit had a massive hit across Europe

Are you loving the pain, loving the pain?

And with every day, every day

I try to move on.

Whatever it was,

Whatever it was,

There’s nothing now.

You changed.

New Age.

It's played about every hour on our on-line radio, but the lyrics made me think of the (moronic) few

Are you loving the pain?

We are

New Age by Marlon Roudette, according to Wiki you lot ain't discovered him yet

Excellent Matt Slater article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/mattslater/2011/12/the_precarious_position_of_clu.html

Krasner's comments were particularly startling.

"The world has changed, the buyers just aren't there anymore," he said. "A lot of people want to own a club but they don't want to write a cheque.

Which again begs the question

How much cash do they have left?

I find this exerpt more interesting:

Andronikou, currently attempting to save Portsmouth for the second time in little over a year, said Guilfoyle's recipe for the future was a nice idea but impossible in practice.

I thought that he was adminisratrating CSI and not the skates? Therefore the skates should not be his concern, all good administrators seek what is best for the business and it's creditors ........don't they?

Oh! the skates are the business then! Inextricably linked?

Again.

I find this exerpt more interesting:

I thought that he was adminisratrating CSI and not the skates? Therefore the skates should not be his concern, all good administrators seek what is best for the business and it's creditors ........don't they?

Oh! the skates are the business then! Inextricably linked?

Again.

Yup, every time AA opens his mouth these days

Are you loving the pain?

HMRC have got to be the danger men, just can't see them giving them any leeway and why should they, HMRC are quick enough to hit the small businesses. Thev've had their big payday from our game last week so back to small gate now and cash running out.

Got to be liquidation next, no more administrations and mor chances to cock up..

HMRC have got to be the danger men, just can't see them giving them any leeway and why should they, HMRC are quick enough to hit the small businesses. Thev've had their big payday from our game last week so back to small gate now and cash running out.

Got to be liquidation next, no more administrations and mor chances to cock up..

HMRC will only get involved if either Pompey are behind again with their Tax or VAT, or if they don't get the first instalment of the CVA.

More Christmas listening options:

Oh Little Crowd in Fratton Park

Oh stay away all ye unfaithful

Its beginning to look a lot like cashless

Santa Clause is not coming to town unless paid in advance

I saw Pompey short changing Santa Claus or I Saw Pompey Coshing Santa Clause

Hark the Herald Andronikou Spins

Ave a Tenner

All I Want For Christmas is a Senile Millionaire

Edited by pedg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/8976322/West-Ham-manager-Sam-Allardyce-says-its-promotion-or-bust-this-season.html

What planet is this guy on?

"For every team we play against, we are the big scalp," Allardyce says. "We are the ones they want to succeed against and you can see the reaction from the opposing team when we lose a game. For them it's like winning the cup final."

Edited by Gingeletiss

Last paragraph, "we do not want to put the club in jeopardy - the Portsmouth scenario ".....

However, West Ham are considering an appeal against the FL financial fair play regulations.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/8974105/West-Ham-considering-legal-moves-against-Football-Leagues-plans-for-financial-fair-play-rules.html

Ha ha! it's because they want to spend even more money (to add to their debt)...fools, this is why it's being introduced. As to putting the club in 'jeopardy', they are finished if they fail to go up this year, they will be doing a Poopey!!

West Ham were on the brink when they were relegated, they have definitely done the pompey thing and gambled the whole club on an immediate return.

If I was Sam I'd be more comfortable if I was 15 points clear and unbeaten at Christmas.

Not that we look nailed on for promotion, but for a club that HAS to go up, West Ham look a bit fragile.

As for his stuff about playing wonderful football, he would fit in at Fratton a treat - if you say stuff enough it might be true.

Also like pompey, their owners sat down and made the decision to gamble everything, and shouldn't start moaning if it backfires.

You don't hear pompey fans blaming anyone else.

More Christmas listening options:

Oh Little Crowd in Fratton Park

Oh stay away all ye unfaithful

Its beginning to look a lot like cashless

Santa Clause is not coming to town unless paid in advance

I saw Pompey short changing Santa Claus or I Saw Pompey Coshing Santa Clause

Hark the Herald Andronikou Spins

Ave a Tenner

All I Want For Christmas is a Senile Millionaire

Excellent!!

Thanks a lot for that. :)

West Ham were on the brink when they were relegated, they have definitely done the pompey thing and gambled the whole club on an immediate return.

If I was Sam I'd be more comfortable if I was 15 points clear and unbeaten at Christmas.

Not that we look nailed on for promotion, but for a club that HAS to go up, West Ham look a bit fragile.

As for his stuff about playing wonderful football, he would fit in at Fratton a treat - if you say stuff enough it might be true.

Also like pompey, their owners sat down and made the decision to gamble everything, and shouldn't start moaning if it backfires.

You don't hear pompey fans blaming anyone else.

I presume that last line was being written ironically....

Surely the Football League is a type of club which is entitled to make up its own rules as to how it is to be run? Therefore I wonder on what grounds clubs could challenge any rulings that it makes. And if the rules are changed to prevent clubs having an unfair advantage over others, (as the Skates had) by spending money they cannot afford, it ought to be difficult to find a court which would favour not allowing those changes.

At this time of the year:rolleyes:

I am puzzled that the fair minded amongst this forum, have not suggested , we pass the bucket around at the Palace game....:D

I have a bucket with a BIG HOLE... in the bottom... and suggest that this be the only one used to make counting the pennies easier.;)

We could help save the Pompey and make sum new friends:(

Merry xmas

PS Any other suggestions for the luvverley ' Save Pompey ' campaign?

So they wanted to take the 80k a week Wayne Bridge on loan eh?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7394037/?

I hope Santa brings me a new calculator for Christmas, because the one I've got can't get these sums to add up.

They've learnt nothing and continue in the same vein. that racked up 130 million worth of debt.

At least Bridgey has gone up in my estimation.

Well gentlemen it has been an exciting year on here, as as i dont see too much happening between now and the end of the year, i would like to wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year, i wonder what 2012 will have in store for our friends down the road, keep up the good work all.

Sevvy

Well gentlemen it has been an exciting year on here, as as i dont see too much happening between now and the end of the year, i would like to wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year, i wonder what 2012 will have in store for our friends down the road, keep up the good work all.

Sevvy

I think the hardest part of the new year will be pacing this thread so that the 50,000th post on the 1000th page happens at a suitable time (but given that its contents will almost certainly be something like 'Wooo 50,000th post' the actual post will probably not be one to record for posterity).

Thanks to the wonders of Time Zones, it is already Christmas here, So at this time our thoughts turn to wishes of Peace and Goodwill, and I think it is only fair that I use this opportunity to wish a totally miserable, despair laden, lonely, cold, wet and windy Christmas to the Dirty Lying Cheating Inbred Morons who have continued to try and defend their pitiful excuse for a football club.

To the rest of our Dear Constant Readers.

Have a fecking great day with your friends, family and of course the mighty Saints on Boxinghead Day

HMRC will only get involved if either Pompey are behind again with their Tax or VAT, or if they don't get the first instalment of the CVA.

Not if, but when, surely?

Merry Christmas, fellow PTS nutjobs. And I have a feeling it's going to be a very happy new year for almost all of us here (with a few notable exceptions).

Comments were even better though, Billysbar in response to

jimbob90210, 21 December 2011 01:22PM

Er, where's Pompey?

It's a suburb of Southampton on the south coast.

While Fluter elaborated a little more in response to

jimbob90210, 21 December 2011 01:22PM

Er, where's Pompey?

As they're often late in paying players, filing accounts; even bothering to pay other creditors such as charities and the taxman, and even losing dodgy owners at a rate of knots, the late arrival of a blog should be no surprise...

If the football authorities should be awarded Grade F for their efforts, the Pompey authorities/owners (whoever they are) should be given Grade U: Unclassified as they probably failed to even write their name on the paper..

With hopes arising as a New Year dawns it looks like all is coming together quite nicely.

Ho Ho Ho!

I'm not sure how important this is but when it was announced that Baker Tilly were going to be the liquidators of "oldco", their own web site said that 2 liquidators would be David Hudson + Geoff Carton-Kelly.

http://www.bakertilly.co.uk/media/news/Pages/Baker-Tilly-appointed-liquidators-to-Portsmouth-City-FC.aspx

Looking at the complexity of Portsmouth Football Club Ltd’s case, David Hudson says:

“Portsmouth was the first Premier League football club to enter into administration; it is not the first club to encounter serious financial difficulties. We hope with thorough investigation and the backing of the creditors that action will be taken swiftly against those who may have acted improperly and we can make recoveries for the benefit of the creditors.”

A few days ago (19 Dec) it was announced that David Hudson was leaving Baker Tilly

http://www.accountancyage.com/aa/news/2133647/david-hudson-leaves-baker-tilly

He will leave Baker Tilly next year to set up a fund which will invest in businesses.

"The opportunity of setting up a fund, which will invest in various business and sectors, presents a very different opportunity from my career so far in insolvency," he said.

IMO This seems a strange change of career path while he is still working on a high profile case ?

I'm not sure how important this is but when it was announced that Baker Tilly were going to be the liquidators of "oldco", their own web site said that 2 liquidators would be David Hudson + Geoff Carton-Kelly.

http://www.bakertilly.co.uk/media/news/Pages/Baker-Tilly-appointed-liquidators-to-Portsmouth-City-FC.aspx

A few days ago (19 Dec) it was announced that David Hudson was leaving Baker Tilly

http://www.accountancyage.com/aa/news/2133647/david-hudson-leaves-baker-tilly

IMO This seems a strange change of career path while he is still working on a high profile case ?

A conspiracy theorist would have a field day with that one.

David Hudson has particularly strong ties with the football world as he was a professional for Wimbledon Football Club in 1990 as a goalkeeper. He continued to play football in a semi-professional role alongside developing a career as an insolvency practitioner

An interesting combination !

In the normal world, people do leave companies and some even for a career change. Good luck Mr Hudson.

That said, it would be nice if PFC [insert current or future entity] Ltd would return to their stable profession of being a 3rd / 4th tier football team in the very near future.

a 10pt deduction won't hurt, but combined with a little firesale it could break them.

Doncaster are capable of getting some points in short bursts, ditto Bristol City, Forest can't play that badly forever - it could still be a long season for pompey.

How long before Cotterill gets sacked?

He's been unlucky so far, I believe they've dominated the last nine hours of football.

Even though they haven't scored a solitary goal.