Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

It's everyone wrong with the country.

Not the headbutting, but the tendency for people to believe whatever they read in the media, not bother with evidence, and use it to moan about whatever they wanted to moan about in the first place. Blame the police, blame the government, blame everyone. Broken Britain after all. Nevermind the vast majority of people never headbutting anyone, the vast majority of police trying their best to do a ridiculously tough job. Let's just get angry at someone.

Alternatively seek therapy, establish the real source of anger, or leave the country if you think it's so bad. I'd recommend staying given the fact it's one of the best around, not reading the echo, daily mail, express, and generally not believing all you read, or generalising it all to the point of anger.

Although it would be pleasingly ironic if the incident made you so angry you headbutted someone.

:)

Don't forget Guly !

:)

Not the headbutting, but the tendency for people to believe whatever they read in the media, not bother with evidence, and use it to moan about whatever they wanted to moan about in the first place. Blame the police, blame the government, blame everyone. Broken Britain after all. Nevermind the vast majority of people never headbutting anyone, the vast majority of police trying their best to do a ridiculously tough job. Let's just get angry at someone.

Alternatively seek therapy, establish the real source of anger, or leave the country if you think it's so bad. I'd recommend staying given the fact it's one of the best around, not reading the echo, daily mail, express, and generally not believing all you read, or generalising it all to the point of anger.

Although it would be pleasingly ironic if the incident made you so angry you headbutted someone.

I totally disagree with you. This is a violent crime and should be recorded against the person after a proper court case. The police should not be judge an jury on this type of crime. I had a similar crime against myself and the person was cautioned. But dont worry, he is a taxi driver and still able to pick your kids up from school because he dosent have a criminal record

Wow, that was a bit of a hysterical over-reaction. My "this country" comment was a quote from Alan Partridge. Sorry it wasn't that obvious I grant you but I enjoyed it even if you or no one else spotted it. In any case your rant sounds a hell of a lot more angry than my post. For your info I only actively read the Guardian and I'm a card carrying member of the "Liberal Elite" according to some on this forum, if you're looking for a target for your angry rant then that target isn't me. I'm just surprised that a headbutt only gets a caution even if the victim wasn't as blamesless as the article makes out. Lawrence admitted doing it after all.

as we cruised into town with the police bikes I couldnt help but think to myself... the police costs of this match might be detrimental for the skates - I cant imagine they will have made a great deal of cash to put towards the wage bill after Christmas.

all the amirillo singing was lame beyond belief, the skates need to work on some fresh material - TCWTB, the symbol of Pompey, does his excellent work of drowning out his own supporters with his silly bell.

Pompey disgraced themselves on and off the pitch, playing like the away team from the outset, playing for a point. Fair play to the local skate who got the equaliser though, he will be a hero amoungst his webbed handed brothers for nabbing a muggy point in their cup final.

One thing that really dawned on me yesterday, they are well and truly finished and I wouldnt be surprised to see them wound up by the end of the season... Nottarf really is the equivalent of Stockport, Luton and Aldershot and that should become their reality now... we are worlds apart

they are finished and to imagine they can find a credible owner to blow £50m on that derelict shower of ****e is absolute fantasy

PMSL

To be honest. yesterday's result was te best it could have been. No way could I have taken a loss to them, not under any circumstances. But seeing as we got the draw we will now gain 2 points on West Ham when the Skates results are expunged!

To be honest. yesterday's result was te best it could have been. No way could I have taken a loss to them, not under any circumstances. But seeing as we got the draw we will now gain 2 points on West Ham when the Skates results are expunged!

I also took some solace in the result, as when we beat them at St Mary's, that will give us four points to their one..... and I 4-1 think that has a nice ring to it.

http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=266146

We did Portsmouth Football Club proud and this has been commented on by a few people I have spoken to so far, Trina's old man today said to me that the atmosphere came across brilliantly with the 'language' that the BBC could not filter out also highly amusing.

High standards, eh ?

No wonder we have no respect for them !

its an indication that normal service has finally been resumed.

The disappointment at outplaying them but not winning, combined with their celebration of a home point at the final whistle like it was a glorious victory - that smacks of a small club that knows its place.

Being squeezed from both sides, a generation of occasional plucky giant-killing cup tie attempts now awaits...legal action aside.

That was indded a short burst as the top south coast club.

Six years in a lifetime?

We have a forum thread that could outlast that.

They have settled back into their traditional position as underdogs, even against a side fresh out of League One.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/richard-keys-and-andy-gray/blog/2011-12-19/alan-mclaughlin-reviews-portsmouth-v-southampton?

Alan McLaughlan on Talksport.

He reckons that they are in a 'little bit of a mess' at the moment but much more attractive to buy than before !

Didn't realise he was so much of a Skate but worth a listen (keep a sick bag at the ready mind, a few comments to wind us up!).

One thing that really dawned on me yesterday, they are well and truly finished and I wouldnt be surprised to see them wound up by the end of the season... Nottarf really is the equivalent of Stockport, Luton and Aldershot and that should become their reality now... we are worlds apart

they are finished and to imagine they can find a credible owner to blow £50m on that derelict shower of ****e is absolute fantasy

PMSL

Exactly the same thought went through my mind. In the last 2 seasons I had the joy of visiting grounds like Brentford, Leyton Orient, Walsall , Northampton , Swindon and Tranmere. Some of these grounds were ramshackle. Some had poor facilities. But all were better than Fratton Park.

Leaving the ground yesterday brought back memories of football grounds from the 70's. Steep terraces with uneven steps flanked by walls of rust generally disappeared yonks ago. The gents urinals clearly haven't been updated since God knows when. Peeing onto brick was really like going for a p i s s in some third world country.

Going there was like being in a timewarp. The Amarillo song went back to 2005 - the ground was like something from the 70's. Just knock the whole place down. Liquidate the club and start again. Anything must be an improvement on what they currently have.

Edited by Tamesaint

But we would have gained two points on West Ham had we won. I'm reasonably happy with a draw but we were so damned close....

Exactly the same thought went through my mind. In the last 2 seasons I had the joy of visiting grounds like Brentford, Leyton Orient, Walsall , Northampton , Swindon and Tranmere. Some of these grounds were ramshackle. Some had poor facilities. But all were better than Fratton Park.

Leaving the ground yesterday brought back memories of football grounds from the 70's. Steep terraces with uneven steps flanked by walls of rust disappeared yonks ago. The gents urinals clearly haven't been updated since God knows when. Peeing onto brick was really like going for a p i s s in some third world country.

Going there was like being in a timewarp. The Amarillo song went back to 2005 - the ground was like something from the 70's. Just knock the whole place down. Liquidate the club and start again. Anything must be an improvement on what they currently have.

Oi Mush! thats our home your talking about,:?:(

Was my first visit to the ****ehole yesterday, and I was amazed at how crap it really is. Have they actually got any exec boxes? I could see some windows tucked under the stand, but surely you couldn't see a thing from in there.

Their Exec's have been too busy maiming children, not existing, not wanting to own the club and fleecing Eastern Europeans to bother going to the sh*thole.

Here's a question for Comical Andy....why not sell the club to fund the other CSI businesses, rather than sell the businesses to fund the club?

Their Exec's have been too busy maiming children, not existing, not wanting to own the club and fleecing Eastern Europeans to bother going to the sh*thole.

Here's a question for Comical Andy....why not sell the club to fund the other CSI businesses, rather than sell the businesses to fund the club?

He would but they are worth f#ck all :)

Leaving the ground yesterday brought back memories of football grounds from the 70's. Steep terraces with uneven steps flanked by walls of rust disappeared yonks ago. The gents urinals clearly haven't been updated since God knows when. Peeing onto brick was really like going for a p i s s in some third world country.

As Frankie Boyle so apply put it, Were about to enter P*rtsmouth, please set your watches back 25 years!!! PMSL.

do I hear murmourings about another transfer embargo looming?....yes I do, it's just a matter of whether the rumour proves to be accurate...

Not that it should matter to someone who has no money to buy players - especially as they totally ignored the last embargo.

do I hear murmourings about another transfer embargo looming?....yes I do, it's just a matter of whether the rumour proves to be accurate...

Not that it should matter to someone who has no money to buy players - especially as they totally ignored the last embargo.

Have they got any youngsters to send out on loan to drop their squad below 20 this time?

Why would a club that was financially self-sufficient, and not wholly dependent on it's ailing parent company, be subject to a transfer embargo?

There must be something I'm missing here... ;-)

I am genuinely confused as to why and how a points deduction has been avoided so far. The shares of the club are being held by the administrator ( as stated by Lampit) and the administrator is having to liquidate other assets to keep it afloat. Am I missing some really obvious point here?

I am genuinely confused as to why and how a points deduction has been avoided so far.

It took 21 days from Southampton Leisure holdings going into administration on the 2nd April 2009 to the Football League confirming a points deduction for the football club on the 23rd April 2009.

So far it has only been 20 days since CSI went into administration.

So something could be imminent perhaps...?

So something could be imminent perhaps...?

I suspect the FL deferred its decision until such time as 1) further information could be gathered, and 2) it reconvenes for its next meeting.

If this is the case, expect a decision sometime January - possibly to coincide with (or influenced by) the players not being paid..

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/appleton_delighted_at_bad_boys_improved_behaviour_1_3351330

so Voldermort is cleaning up the skates on-pitch antics, but then Lian Lawrence raises the bar and goes out in public headbutting people unprovoked!

Looks like one of the loanees is the first to get a lucky escape as Roy wants him back!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/thorne_returns_to_baggies_1_3351666

The rumours of a transfer embargo would be very telling indeed

The rumours of a transfer embargo would be very telling indeed

I would guess that any rumours of an embargo are based around installment payments for players bought in the summer. We know for sure that they were purchased on installments, as Lumpitt told everybody on his latest webcast. Now of course we don't know the ins, outs or timeframes for any of these, but I would would imagine end of year, or beginning of new year would represent typical milestones in these types of arrangements. One missed payment, coupled with one compliant and the FL are duty bound to place them under an embargo. However pompey will probably dispute the fact they owe anything, which will buy them enough time to do there trading, before anything can be proved or enforced.

Always a joy to be entertained by one of the phew posting gibberish in The News. Here is a classic example of some semi-literate half-wit. Mind you, it could be one of us on a wind-up, deliberately making out he's thick to show them in a bad light. If so, it's a brilliant job. But typically of a Skate, he has swallowed the line put out by Clampitt (or was it the Android?) that CSI could sell off one of their divisions and sink the resulting funds into another division of CSI, rather than have the funds go towards paying off the creditors of CSI. What doesn't seem to have registered in his wishful thinking, is that in the New Year, we will strengthen our squad and key players like Chaplow and Connolly will also return to the team. And conversely the Skates might well have suffered a points deduction, a transfer embargo and/or not find a new owner and go out of existence. Presumably PUB is where he wrote this drivel, inebriated as a newt.

TigerTime (DiS)

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 08:23 AM

russianchris, you can expecthope that in the next 3 weeks one of the CSI companies is sold, not us, and that some cash injected for our working capital at that point ie end Jan wages and then some point in Feb new owners in and announced, i think you will hear from AA before the end of the month progress on both issues and am also confident this great club will continue its unbeaten home form 6 games, unbeaten run 4 games home and away and we will be top 6 during January pushing for a slot, and that the demise of the dirty neighbours will continue and they drop out the top 2 in January, we might be top 6 then but i would expect 8th or 9th end Jan and then emerge into the 6 in Feb. PUB

I guess all good things come to an end - the golden team that took a glorious home point is finally being broken up, George is needed by the people who pay his wages....

Or did Roy see it on the telly and immediately rescue the poor kid from the footballing wastelands?

The club that time forgot.

It means they can creep one player closer to splashing out in January to get to the magic 20 players again.

Stop paying Ben Haim, ignore Hermann, knock off a few for injuries and I guess they'll be able to go on a spending spree with the full support of the authorities.

Though, if a transfer embargo does pop up I reckon it could be different this time.

Lampitt signalled the end of mad spending only a month ago by failing to land new coaching staff and the appointment of pay your own way Appyboy.

It looks a bit like the coffers are absolutely sh$gged, so an embargo would be welcomed to take the pressure off whoever claims to be the owner.

Love to spend, not allowed, sorry.

Roll on April.

I totally disagree with you. This is a violent crime and should be recorded against the person after a proper court case. The police should not be judge an jury on this type of crime. I had a similar crime against myself and the person was cautioned. But dont worry, he is a taxi driver and still able to pick your kids up from school because he dosent have a criminal record

A caution does show up on a CRB check. It may be an immediately 'spent' conviction officially, but these still show on enhanced checks, as required for all work with children. So whilst he may be able to continue as a taxi driver, he certainly shouldn't be used for eg a contract to transport disabled children to/from school.

See

iv. a Simple Caution forms part of an offenders criminal record

(though it is not a criminal conviction) and may be cited in

court and may influence how they are dealt with should they

come to the notice of the police again;

v. that details may be disclosed to prospective employers

(where a CRB check is a requirement) or to existing

employers where they are in a position of trust (notifiable

occupation);

A caution does show up on a CRB check. It may be an immediately 'spent' conviction officially, but these still show on enhanced checks, as required for all work with children. So whilst he may be able to continue as a taxi driver, he certainly shouldn't be used for eg a contract to transport disabled children to/from school.

See

iv. a Simple Caution forms part of an offenders criminal record

(though it is not a criminal conviction) and may be cited in

court and may influence how they are dealt with should they

come to the notice of the police again;

v. that details may be disclosed to prospective employers

(where a CRB check is a requirement) or to existing

employers where they are in a position of trust (notifiable

occupation);

Not true, I recieved a caution in 2002 for being a bit lippy to a copper whilst on the lash, 5 years later I had to complete a CRB for work, I was asked if I had any unspent convictions and replied NO, as far as I knew I didnt, however it came back that my caution was yet to expire, 5 years on??

Sorry, didnt read your post properly Kentone (been on the mulled wine) Delete if you want mods.

Mmmmm, mulled wine. Nearly as good as Gluhwein mit rhum. Das is good ja? Heard that several times in Cologne's Christmas markets the other week.

Doesn't quite sound the same when it's not heard in the context of a line from an dodgy 1980's German porn film though.

Anyway, carry on....

Was my first visit to the ****ehole yesterday, and I was amazed at how crap it really is. Have they actually got any exec boxes? I could see some windows tucked under the stand, but surely you couldn't see a thing from in there.

In other words, they are the best seats in the shithole.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})