Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Portsmouth News

20 May 2008 'ARISE SIR HARRY SAY THE PEOPLE'

03 July 2008 'NEWS PETITION GOES TO THE QUEEN'

2,000 signature petition sent to the Queen demanding that dear old Harry gets knighted

Perhaps someone with approapriate IT skills could transfer the appropriate articles from the News archives for all to see

Interesting to see that at least one Pompey MP and members of various supporters organisations, in cluding the Pompey Trust were vocal in their support of the motion!!

I wondered whether it was feasible to put some sort of index onto this thread, as at 1000 pages, it has become a tome like War & Peace. It would assist posters and readers alike. Something along the lines of page 1 - x, Al Fahim (Fake Sheik), Pages x - y, Al Faraj. (Non-existent Sheik), pages y - z, Chainrai's first coming, etc.

Any way that it could be done? That way also, anybody interested in a particular chapter/episode, (such as investigative journalists, degree students writing their thesis on it ;) ) could be guided to read the relevant pages/posts such and such....

I'm actually working on something along those lines atm.

F***ing typical how they ban us from their forum instantly, yet we tolerate several of them on here (including one complete pr1ck)

Says it all really

Kin-ell don't know why your crowin I'm a feckin skate they wont let me on there, Just for not toeing the party line,,,,ps your missing nuffink! its shyt.

Perhaps I should have had the honour of the 50,000th post as I can now reveal that it was I who was Duncan's original snout who gave him the info.

Hold on that means you aren't who you said you were you devious old git - and talking of old gits I saw your old and new hoppo at uni today!!!!

Could the mod's please find 20 posts earlier in the thread to delete? Ta!

To be honest, some of my recent posts haven't been up to my usual high quality standard, so happy for those to go... :-)

It would also act as a fitting tribute to Pompey's creative accounting (allegedly)

less of this celebrating, let's get to some facts.

AA told us he had some people negotiating last week, I'm sure he said he had a couple of groups - at least one was completing two weeks ago.

Where are they?

And where is AA? Has he gone on holiday?

Has Lampitt been abducted? His silence is deafening.

Appleton, despite having a face like a Horton Heath prossie's arse is the only sensible one down there.

He inherited a ridiculous playing squad and has been the only one who seems to realise that the ship is holed beneath the waterline.

He's also the only one at the club on a sensible wage.

But it was a madhouse when he took the job, so it's his own fault.

A bit like Nugent.

In a stadium of 20K there will be some nutters.

If you run up to nutters all aggresive inviting them to give you abuse, don't act all hurt when they give you that abuse.

He made it quite clear on several occasions during the game that he would take anyone on, and he didn't give a sh!t.

Now he's moaning.

If you don't want to get into dialogue with loonies, don't run up and introduce yourself you tweeting t0sser.

I see POL have a thread taking the **** out of our youth setup following the NF defeat, given the talent we have produced and their own record of producing **** all but debt it makes me even more keen to see the end of them!

WallaceHartleyBand.gif

@pn_neil_allen: Appleton hits the nail right on the head. Fair to say hasn't taken him long to get #Pompey and the fans. http://t.co/UHCoHIKY

They really do believe they're own bull**** don't they. Since Appleton has been there they've only been able to sell out their tiny ****hole when two much bigger clubs have visited and they've got an away following that is hundreds below the bigger teams in this division. The News is the worst culprit, the worse than Pravda with the uber positive uncritical coverage and their mong fans just lap it up.

Think this must be an omen of things to come.

Just got up and trawelled thu the last couple of pages, congrats on 1K pages and 50k posts BTW. Anyway just stuck the tv onto fox, the kids must of left it on cartoon network, and lo and behold the first image i see is Mr Krabs, now if thats not an omen i dont know wot is. :lol:

You only have to look at the Southampton game when we played a top-of-the-table side.

‘They were playing very, very well coming into that game – and the atmosphere of the place was rocking.

‘The players couldn’t hear you talk, shout, scream at them because the atmosphere was so good.

Oh dear, it was the only time the **** tip was close to being full and that was only because Saints were there. Plenty of empty seats in the home ends, somewhat dumps on the mythical fantastic support idea when they can't sell all their seats for a local derby.

So have they paid their tax bill or not? It will **** me right off if they get away scott free. Which I think they will. Come on FL sort it and show common sense as well as consistency. Saints got points deducted as did crystal palace. It is disgusting what is going up there at the moment.

It was mentioned a day or two ago that "dormant" accounts attract some sort of fee from the bank, so it might have been a token transaction just to ensure the account status remained "active".

You could be right, I took it that the fax was to move money out of the account but it could of been paying charges I guess?

If Pompey go pop, what will happen to this thread? What will I do with the extra hour I will have each day if this thread was to stop?

Perhaps we could still get our favourite toy salesman to give us the news from his friend he sees socially every 2 weeks or so. We will all enjoy the laugh.

AA told us he had some people negotiating last week, I'm sure he said he had a couple of groups - at least one was completing two weeks ago.

Where are they?

I think his company and immediate boss have pulled him out of the fray. It doesn't do their business good to be seen as the guys who pull the plug.

Where are they?

According to the London Gazette website, he's got several other admin and liquidation cases on his books. And there was me (and 14,000 others) assuming he was giving 100% of his attention to the perpetually solvent Portsmouth Football Club...

Probably answered before, but when do Pompey next have to pay wages?

I'm interested in what happens, i.e. how can a business pay wages when it hasn't paid tax? Does the law state you must pay outstanding tax first and default on wages instead?

It just seems utterly farcical if they pay wages, including taxing players, but then don't pay their tax bill. Surely the November, December AND January tax bills need paying before players.

There's no law to say who you pay first.

There is however a legal requirement to admit when you cant pay the bills and if you have been deemed to be trading whilst insolvent, which from the outside looks like a pretty freeeking obvious truth, then the Directors of the company can be held personally liable for all debts incurred after the company started trading whilst insolvent.

So Lumpitt, start selling the furniture, coz you wont fit it into your bedsit next month.......

@pn_neil_allen: Well I never! In total Harry Redknapp was #Pompey manager for 5 years and 5 months and signed 88 players. That's around 17 players a year!!

Hmmm, I wonder why that was....

Some people have personal shoppers. Harry is the only person to have his own personal sky sports transfer correspondent.

Redknapp can't text?.....

http://www.1000goals.com/what-redknapp-texted-england-captain-ferdinand

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has revealed he texted Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand after he was given the England captaincy...... ".....When the news emerged last Friday that he had been chosen as the new skipper by Fabio Capello I sent him a text message. “It read: ‘Do it with class – the way Bobby Moore did. And bring the World Cup back to England.” Rio replied with typical modesty, he just wrote: ‘Thanks for your support and backing.’”

Redknapp can't text?.....

http://www.1000goals.com/what-redknapp-texted-england-captain-ferdinand

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has revealed he texted Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand after he was given the England captaincy...... ".....When the news emerged last Friday that he had been chosen as the new skipper by Fabio Capello I sent him a text message. “It read: ‘Do it with class – the way Bobby Moore did. And bring the World Cup back to England.” Rio replied with typical modesty, he just wrote: ‘Thanks for your support and backing.’”

Can you be sure he didn't delegate this task to Rosie?

Olli Rehn, the European Commissioner for economic and monetary affairs said "We are very close to agreeing a private sector deal in Greece, if not today then over the weekend, and in any case in January rather than February."

AA (not) the administrator of PFC said something very similar ...................

Have they ever been seen together in the same room at the same time?

Olli Rehn, the European Commissioner for economic and monetary affairs said "We are very close to agreeing a private sector deal in Greece, if not today then over the weekend, and in any case in January rather than February."

Did she say if the deal was "heres a few extra billion for you if you eff off out of the euro, go away and default somewhere else without dragging us down too? "

Edited by buctootim

Skate supporting mate who is going said they had sold about 1500 on thursday?

No offence Langley but I can't work out this "skate supporting mate" lark. The 1st word and your 3rd word should just not equate in the same sentence. How about using "acquaintance" it makes me feel more comfortable :)