Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Their training setup is a portacabin, their ground is secured to a HK loan shark, the land around it is owned by the son of an arms dealer, two of their owners and 1 manager from their last 5 years are in live court proceedings and they are facing a winding up petition.

Lol. No need to read 50,000 posts, everything you need to know about how ****ed they are is encapsulated right there.

Edited by buctootim

Such a shame then that AA is not in charge of PFC, in his role as administrator of the parent company, with the affairs of PFC being solely the responsibility of its board of directors...

Not a shame at all :D

Any court that decides the club are trading whilst insolvent and the debt can be claimed from Lumpitt :)

Excellent news indeed as finally one of the dodgy people in charge of the club could get their comeuppance.

So, PFC123, still think things are looking rosey and that 'you'll be fine' - or fined ;)

I think the taxman will be most annoyed if they get a validation order from the court to have its bank accounts unfrozen so that staff wages can be paid. As claimed here...

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Portsmouth-Football-Club-Statement-3071.aspx

That would then be three months they have decided to pay wages, but not the taxes on those wages. Coventry had to sell Jutkewitcz for money reasons, they wouldn't have had to sell him if they could avoid a £2.4m tax bill. It is an unfair advantage for Pompey over other Championship clubs.

I think the taxman will be most annoyed if they get a validation order from the court to have its bank accounts unfrozen so that staff wages can be paid. As claimed here...

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Portsmouth-Football-Club-Statement-3071.aspx

That would then be three months they have decided to pay wages, but not the taxes on those wages. Coventry had to sell Jutkewitcz for money reasons, they wouldn't have had to sell him if they could avoid a £2.4m tax bill. It is an unfair advantage for Pompey over other Championship clubs.

A quick google of "validation order" explains that whilst accounts are frozen as soon as a WUP is issued - where there may be a need to pay out (for example: staff wages), the validation order can be granted by a court. HOWEVER, the court would also hear representation that any PAYE or NI that said wages should accrue would HAVE to be paid "on time" (presumambly by the 19/20 of the following month?)....

Therefore, any wages paid as a result of a validation order would result in the appropriate PAYE/NI bill being paid almost exactly at the time the WUP would be heard in court.....

They can't afford to pay their tax, and now their wages, yet they still turn down £1.6mill from Ipswich so they can continue to field their expensively assembled first eleven.

Makes you blood boil when you think of the kids we fielded to try and avoid admin - and we actually got punished by the football league.

Cheating skate ****s.

It p1sses me off the suggestion in that article that if the accounts hadn't been frozen they would have paid the players, staff, suppliers, etc (charities?) on time, as they always do, oh yes, every time, without fail, yes siree

W*nkers

They are still working the sympathy vote!!

Maybe Tal Ben Haim's salary can be used to pay off 15 of the 2000 quid or less debtors or a charity or 2.

When is the first installment of the first CVA due? Do we think they will actually make a payment to the poor sods that they owe money too. They should have voted for liquidation the first time round, at least they would have got some money, not a lot but some and a golden share would not have been needed, so football creditors rule would not be needed.

They can't afford to pay their tax, and now their wages, yet they still turn down £1.6mill from Ipswich so they can continue to field their expensively assembled first eleven.

Makes you blood boil when you think of the kids we fielded to try and avoid admin - and we actually got punished by the football league.

Cheating skate ****s.

Plus numerous other clubs who have tried (and some failed whilst trying) to balance the books by selling good players at cut price etc.

How much did we lose in accepting one off 1 million up front payments for Theo and Bale and losing out add ons and move on %'s to keep the club afloat, playing kids with cheapest option manager resulting in relegation etc etc.

As many have said on here - this isn't anti skatism - it's simply anti cheating bastards who just happen to be connected to the cheating skate bastard club!

@
mattslaterbbc

pompey
woe update: club has asked court to unfreeze bank accounts so staff & suppliers can be paid...cheques in post soon

1f5a0b64-f151-4fd4-b52a-967720b2f946_normal.png
David Up North(ish)
@
S13SFC

@
mattslaterbbc
#
saintsfc
Perhaps
#
pompey
would be better off paying the taxman than the players but that would mean not cheating & selling

image_normal.jpg

@
mattslaterbbc

I'm sure the thought had crossed their mind
@
S13SFC
after all, it will be considerably more than 10pts this time

But I thought AA said plans were in place to pay the players! You don't think he lied do you?? What ever next?

In fairness he did have a plan ... the JoCa. :lol:

Not only that, he also had a plan B; to have TCWTB and the rest of the few selling their caravans to come up with £5 million.

I'm not sure what plan C is, but I look forward to it with great anticipation.

Here's a classic from the News comments section :

blueshirt

Monday, January 30, 2012 at 06:31 PM

just seen this story on the BBC sports site.. what really annoys me is the headline for the story on that page.. It reads" Pompey fail to pay players wages" which to me, anyway, implies that the players are not being paid because Pompey are at fault and are failing in their contractual obligations, rather than highlighting the fact that they are actually being prevented from fulfilling those obligations by the actions of HMRC in freezing the bank account, which puts an entirely different slant on the story...................by all means BBC, report on the ongoing situation at PFC, but do so fairly, and tell people that it is HMRC who have prevented Pompey from paying their staff wages, rather than that Pompey have "Failed" to do so ..........

blueshirt

just seen this story on the BBC sports site.. what really annoys me is the headline for the story on that page.. It reads" Pompey fail to pay players wages" which to me, anyway, implies that the players are not being paid because Pompey are at fault and are failing in their contractual obligations, rather than highlighting the fact that they are actually being prevented from fulfilling those obligations by the actions of HMRC in freezing the bank account, which puts an entirely different slant on the story...................by all means BBC, report on the ongoing situation at PFC, but do so fairly, and tell people that it is HMRC who have prevented Pompey from paying their staff wages, rather than that Pompey have "Failed" to do so ..........

...that about sums it up. Close the c()nts down.

blueshirt

I'm just off out, but I hope someone puts him right before I get back.

blueshirt

They've obviously put a lot of thought into that post, yet have stil failed to realise how ridiculous it is!

blueshirt

They really are defective on that island in the swamp, aren't they? Mentally & morally defective.

They have 24 hours ish to sell players then. But why haven't they tried to sell anyone they can? Otherwise the big wage bills will keep coming. Surely someone would take Huselklepp, Lawrence, Kitson, Pearce, Henderson off their hands? Save them about 75k per week I'd think. It's a start at least.

mmmmm Pearce would be handy at centre back !

Cheating skate ****s.

That's what that Corpse always fails to understand - he thinks we are bitter about our local rivals winning a trophy - NO, If they were simply a well run club that had invested soundly and this had led to success, I would be bitter and twisted for sure like any Saint would be - but its the fact that by buying that side and paying stupid wages without a long term secured plan in place to mange the debt that created... to continue to dig deeper into debt and end up avoiding paying for it ((not a penny to date)) - without so much as slapped wrist from the FL, continue to play a squad beyond their means, whilst teh FL know full well that if they let them go down, it effects the integrity of the league.... whilst we played kids to try and avoid it and in doing so were doomed to L1 and with -10 and they were laughing - thats why I no longer have any sympathy for them... because I know that some how they will probably get away with it again - so the FL can avoid losing face - The FL have shown themselves to be just as bad as Portsmouth in all this... total lack of sporting integrity.

- The FL have shown themselves to be just as bad as Portsmouth in all this... total lack of sporting integrity.

I agree with you, but I don't think the FL will end up doing nothing.

They are just keeping their powder dry until all of the dirty laundry has been aired.

If Mssrs Storrie, Mandaric and Redknapp feel the force of the law, and Portsmouth go into administration, prior to the 20th Feb, (if they last to 20th Feb, I do not believe there is a court in the land that would let them off this time), then watch a hefty points penalty coming from the FL.

Irregular payments to agents is one thing, irregular payments from Owner to Manager is worth a heap of points on its own.

I agree with you, but I don't think the FL will end up doing nothing.

They are just keeping their powder dry until all of the dirty laundry has been aired.

If Mssrs Storrie, Mandaric and Redknapp feel the force of the law, and Portsmouth go into administration, prior to the 20th Feb, (if they last to 20th Feb, I do not believe there is a court in the land that would let them off this time), then watch a hefty points penalty coming from the FL.

Irregular payments to agents is one thing, irregular payments from Owner to Manager is worth a heap of points on its own.

Save it all up for one big punishment. Don't want them whining "oh.... but we've already been punished for thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat one!!!! Be niiiiicceee!"

They try that enough already.

So it's bitter cold here tonight, down to 12.

Notice it's -5 in Scotland

and over in Poland they've managed to get to -29

Still good to know that poopey will beat the lot of them by the weekend with about -30 forecast

Oh yeah - forecast - about the only loan player they'll be able to get in

‎'no income tax, no vat

no wages, for poor pompey

Viva hmrc

god bless hmrc

c'est magnifique hmrc'

now someone must be able to make this scan so we can chant it loud and proud

This has been suggested elsewhere...

"No income tax, no VAT,

No Prem'ship points off Man City,

In the dock, face so pale,

'arry Redknapps' going to jail!"

Or....

Chris Lewis

Here's an idea, could #Pompey sell the naming rights of Fratton Park to raise the money? Or would BC have control over that?

6 minutes ago via Mobile Web

Yeah, sell the naming rights to Jobcentre plus, watch attendances rise back to PL levels.

blueshirt

:facepalm: just :facepalm:

I've been mulling around a number of scenarios and not sure which one is most likely, but i'm sure one of them comes close.

lumpitt is playing a dangerous game if he is vetoing sales that enables creditors to be paid, he could become personally liable. I am guessing his reasoning is the parachute money, will fill the hole....when it arrives and selling the better players will make the club less attractive to potential buyers. He has already said he will ask for some parchute money to be paid early, so I think we can assume that was his first port of call.......... So

1) Have they said "No"

2) Have they said "Yes, but that gives you sporting advantage, so you can have it but with a points deduction"

3) Have they said "You can have it, if you can prove you can still pay the CVA on top of what we advance you" (Which might suggest the figures don't add up)

4) Have they said "You get the advance, but it goes straight to the tax man and staff wages and you don't get as much (Lost interest etc.) as you would have done"

We know they are not adverse to advancing money and we know that lumpitt said thats what he was going to try and do........... So something doesn't add up, I wonder if someone has finally got some teeth.