Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

F***ing typical how they ban us from their forum instantly, yet we tolerate several of them on here (including one complete pr1ck)

Says it all really

That's why I won't pay the fiver for this forum! If the mods/admins did ban all the skates from here then I would happily cough up the fiver, we don't need the skates on here!

After all, it's a Saints forum, why should we have to tolerate those skate ******s on this forum?

That's why I won't pay the fiver for this forum! If the mods/admins did ban all the skates from here then I would happily cough up the fiver, we don't need the skates on here!

After all, it's a Saints forum, why should we have to tolerate those skate ******s on this forum?

For the comedy effect Sunrise, the comedy.

It's the gift that never stops giving - and the fact we tolerate, nay nay Mr Wilks, encourage the Poopey few to post only helps to cement our position on the higher ground (as per our league position).

Pompey fans can't HANDLE the truth...hence the delusion about businesses pumping money in like Uncle Avram at Horton Heath.

So you would ban Flyer was well (QPR) plus the other posters from other teams too?

Bit odd, dont you think? "If you dont support my team, I dont respect your views"

So you would ban Flyer was well (QPR) plus the other posters from other teams too?

Bit odd, dont you think? "If you dont support my team, I dont respect your views"

Did I say that? No I didn't! I said ban the skates so kindly **** off and stop trying to put words in my mouth.

The reason this thread is so interesting are the diverse contributions - the comedy, the legalities, the banter, the comedy, the media qoutes, the financial discussion oh and did I mention the comedy. Without a cross section of posters including our pet skates it wouldn't be the classic it is.

And if we banned them, I would withdraw my full membership when it next became due. They're the reason that I pay it. Where else can one get such good entertainment value for a mere 10p a week?

The fact that we allow them on here, proves that we are enlightened enough to accept rival views and opinions. That they disallow us, proves that they are blinkered and will not accept criticism.

Although perhaps the reason could also be that our tendency to use words of more than two syllables might be confusing to their members.

Or perhaps they just cannot abide being told by us that once again, Southampton has regained their rightful place as the number one team in the South.

half of the great comedy on this thread has been supplied by delusion from the east so I say keep it as it is.

Who can read some of Ho's classic and keep a straight face?

I'm sure he's not for real, he's just toying with us - that U-turn on the land value was a trolling mistake - one minute it's £3M/£4M, next minute it's a Tesco new town coming in at £20M.

Either way we should accept other fans as long as they behave, which they seem to do, once they've been identified.

Anyway, I want to hear more about Jo Cala opening the world's first underwater petting and detention centre for dogs convicted of fraud, or the great ITK stuff from the son of the kitman - classic!

Every day another Portsea pub myth.:lol:

I thought the golden era was coming to an end when Avram shuffled back to his club-financed car and driver with his tracksuit trousers around his ankles and little Avram pointing the way like a tiny flagless linesman signalling offside, but no, the hilarity continues.

And just as a minor point, if my club had used my season ticket money to pay for whores, rather than applauding the prossie-bothering serial relegation-monger, I think I might have asked what the feck was going on.

Nasty league, naughty owners - poor old bestest plucky few, innocent victims, every one of them.

One Peter Storrie, one Peter Storrie, ad lib and fade....

Meanwhile...back in court dear Ol Arry's doing his best to ensure Daniel Levy carts him off in a white straightjacket.....

Redknapp "That wasn't part of my life that bank account. I thought he'd lost the money"

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Pearcesport James Pearce

Redknapp "I can't tell you what year I won the league. I couldn't tell you what year I won championship with Bournemouth"

3 minutes ago

Pearcesport James Pearce

The account in Monaco was with HSBC. Redknapp "I didn't want to bank with HSBC. I want to be with Lloyds or Barclays"

4 minutes ago

Pearcesport James Pearce

Redknapp "I didn't want an account in Monaco. I don't want to go to Monaco"

5 minutes ago

Pearcesport James Pearce

Redknapp says he never asked Mandaric how much he was putting into Redknapp's Monaco account. "I just hoped he'd make me some money"

6 minutes ago

Pearcesport James Pearce

Here goes. Break in police tape recording so my first chance to update you on what we've heard in Redknapp police interview

8 minutes ago

Mine wasn't a reference to 'why the f*** are they allowed on here'

It was one of 'them being blind to any view that didn't ignore the elephant standing in the corner' and therefore banning us.

I would miss the input of our fishy friends (and I use the term friends in the loosest possible form!)

Although, as I'm flat out at the moment with lower back damage (pelvic ligaments my Chiro called it - whatever, it f***ing hurts), I could do with a little less input from them because I keep bursting out laughing and it's f***ing AGONY!

(Thank god for my iphone - I'd be bored to death otherwise)

Edited by Winchester Red

half of the great comedy on this thread has been supplied by delusion from the east so I say keep it as it is.

Who can read some of Ho's classic and keep a straight face?

I'm sure he's not for real, he's just toying with us - that U-turn on the land value was a trolling mistake - one minute it's £3M/£4M, next minute it's a Tesco new town coming in at £20M.

Either way we should accept other fans as long as they behave, which they seem to do, once they've been identified.

Anyway, I want to hear more about Jo Cala opening the world's first underwater petting and detention centre for dogs convicted of fraud, or the great ITK stuff from the son of the kitman - classic!

Every day another Portsea pub myth.:lol:

I thought the golden era was coming to an end when Avram shuffled back to his club-financed car and driver with his tracksuit trousers around his ankles and little Avram pointing the way like a tiny flagless linesman signalling offside, but no, the hilarity continues.

And just as a minor point, if my club had used my season ticket money to pay for whores, rather than applauding the prossie-bothering serial relegation-monger, I think I might have asked what the feck was going on.

Nasty league, naughty owners - poor old bestest plucky few, innocent victims, every one of them.

One Peter Storrie, one Peter Storrie, ad lib and fade....

:lol::lol::lol:

More comedy gold from Del..sorry Arry..

Redknapp also told police that when at Portsmouth he was earning 35-40 thousand pounds a week

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Pearcesport James Pearce

Redknapp "Looking back on it I should have told Malcolm (accountant) but I didn't do it purposefully. I thought there was no tax to pay"

1 minute ago

Pearcesport James Pearce

Redknapp talking about his family "We're givers not takers"

2 minutes ago

Pearcesport James Pearce

Redknapp to police "I'd rather give you 100 grand than nick few quid off you. I've golf day tomorrow. I give £10,000 to golf day every year"

2 minutes ago

Pearcesport James Pearce

Redknapp to police "I don't fiddle anybody. I pay my taxes. I've been in football all my life. I've paid fortunes in income tax"

10 minutes ago

So, apparently Harry's family are 'givers not takers' - bet Louise is chuffed.

http://www.leagueoneminus10.blogspot.com/

Great blog there, fantastic summary of the recent comedy with witty prose!

Avaricenilab.jpg

Carlsberg don't do Headline News...

but if they did... ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football...

tMs21.png

Absolutely brilliant piece of work, right up there with Crab Lungs' masterpieces!

Just looking back on Pompeys Historic meeting of local companies and a few blokes who have pompey websites and fanzines, I recalled one of Chinnys old bargaining positions.

IIRC, he said he would be willing to sit on his debt and charge rent at around £1m per year - could this be an option for the people of portsea? It would take them longer than the life of a mortgage to pay him off due to the massive interest, but with maintenance costs and overheads they could probably run the crumbling wreck on £3m P.A - season ticket funds will likely generate £4m for them, so they could use the remaining million for supplies, council tax (if the can be bothered - optional down there) website hosting and maybe start that toilet installation project the were so proud of last year.

That is if chinny is happy to be associated with them for the next 35 odd years, which would be highly unlikely.

Then there is the massive omission from my one paragraph strategy for poopey - wages, who is going to fund them, let alone underwrite them? They will need an additional £10m at least to pay for a squad of mercenary. So either ST holders would have to pay £1000 P.A for a seat, or these local businesses are going to have to blow £850k a month, and that’s for an uncompetitive team!

So, unfortunately it looks like the figures don’t add up. They could service the crumbling wreck of a stadium in the non leagues should they liquidate, but the would need 10000 season ticket holders, which is highly unlikely considering the likes of Oxford Utd, FC United, Luton and AFC Wimbledon got no-where near those numbers...

im getting confused now, the more you think of a solution for the DCFSBs the more you realise there aint one - hence all the spin and lies being peddled by the likes of AA and that bent politician

there is only one solution for me, and he lives in a pineapple under the sea:

5c470251612144d0cefd762ec757c091.jpg

That said, the skate council have given the skate trust their 'backing' whatever that means... they can shaft the people of portsea and blow all their council tax monies on TBH and Lawerence but they better not even entertain the idea of this ridiculous 'central government funding', who do they think they are, RBS?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16755445.stm

[video=youtube;1lcZCG_Di-M]

Poor old Voldermort, another victim of the brainwashed bestestest fans in the whole wurld tm - Sorry chap, its just a myth, all you have to rely on is TCWTB

COYCALA

COYHMRC

More comedy gold from Del..sorry Arry..

Pearcesport James Pearce

Redknapp talking about his family "We're givers not takers"

2 minutes ago

When he gets sent down, unless he has soap-on-a-rope he may have to review how he classifies himself

Cos he likes Lloyds and Barclays, (English), but didn't want to bank with HSBC, (Hong Kong, Chinese). Cos he wouldn't trust the far easterns with his dog account.

despite its name HSBC is a British multinational bank with its HQ in London

disagree it is just another reason why we are better than those inbreds

Redknapp adds: "Looking back on it I should have told Malcolm [accountant] but I didn't do it purposefully. I thought there was no tax to pay." Redknapp also told police that when at Portsmouth he was earning 35-40 thousand pounds a week."

So one minute he writes like 2 year old, can't work a fax or send an email and hasn't seen a payslip for 10 years.... and in the next breath, he knows better than his accountant (who apparently runs his life) about what tax to pay. Remarkable!

Oh and Jamie... if the accountant ran his life that much... better get a DNA test pronto! ;)

James Pearce @Pearcesport

Back to today's evidence. Redknapp told police "20 or 30 thousand pounds doesn't change my life. I'm not the cleverest but I'm not stupid"

Redknapp told police "I paid a million quid in tax last year"

Police to Redknapp: "It's not a gift is it though?" R: "I don't know, what is it then?" Police: "That's why I'm asking the question"

The Court was told that Redknapp is a "man of hitherto good character"

At start of Oct 2009 police interview Redknapp's lawyer pointed out he'd been bailed ten times and said was "hard for somebody high profile"

As we near end of first week of Redknapp/Mandaric trial, judge has told jury that trial might "trickle" into a third week

Police to Redknapp: "It's not a gift is it though?" R: "I don't know, what is it then?"

What a geezer, kindly donating £1,000,000 to the HMRC UK charity last year. (which suggests he earns c£2.5m pa (gross) at Spurs)

Back to today's evidence. Redknapp told police "20 or 30 thousand pounds doesn't change my life. I'm not the cleverest but I'm not stupid"

Police to Redknapp: "It's not a gift is it though?" R: "I don't know, what is it then?" Police: "That's why I'm asking the question"

A bonus? just like you told that Sun journo?

http://m.accountingweb.co.uk/article/redknapp-case-offshore-account-exposed/523542

There's got to be an adaptation of I Can't Read And I Can't Write to be sung!

I can't read and I can't write, but that don't really matter.

Coz I come down from Sandbanks town and I can drive a roller.

I don't pay tax or V.A.T. coz that's a load of crap,

I leave my bills to my best friend, Rosie Rosie Redknapp.

oh ah, oh ah, oh to be a defraudster

It does appear that arry is going for a reduced punishment because he did not realise he was defrauding the public purse rather than attempting to get off the charge all together?

Ignorance is not a defence, and therefore probably not brilliant mitigation either.

That's it for today at Redknapp/Mandaric trial. Prosecution case is closed apart from a few documents. Jury will be back 2pm Monday

Before jury sent home they were told about civil tax inquiry into Redknapp after newspaper reports on his bonus from Rio Ferdnand transfer

Jury was told that in January 2004 an inquiry launched into Redknapp's 2001-2 tax return. Inquiry ended in September 2006

It does appear that arry is going for a reduced punishment because he did not realise he was defrauding the public purse rather than attempting to get off the charge all together?

Maybe. Im no lawyer and so not sure of the legal definition of fraud - but afaik there has to be deliberate intent to deceive and hide assets / income. Seems to me 'arry is trying to play the "oh there was tax to pay? silly me, im just a simple football man' to make it look like accidental cockup rather than conspiracy - ie not guilty of 'fraud'. If successful he would still have to pay the tax of course, but get off the criminal charge.

Edited by buctootim

I'm Costa Rica on business at the moment and have been told by the locals that the Chinese Government built them a 35,000 seat national stadium, as a reward for breaking off diplomatic relations with Taiwan.

This could be a good model for a Skate Escape.

Declare Portsmuff independant of the UK, break diplomatic relations with Taiwan, get a new stadium, then re-instate relations with Taiwan and break relations with China, get Taiwan to fund a new team.

Other than that, I can't see a way through this for our fishy friends.

Maybe. Im no lawyer and so not sure of the legal definition of fraud - but afaik there has to be deliberate intent to deceive and hide assets. Seems to me 'arry is trying to play the "oh there was tax to pay, oh silly me im just a simple football man to make it look like accidental cockup rather than conspiracy and fraud i e not guilty

I'm no lawyer either, but I do have to deal with HMRC periodically. They will have given Redknapp every opportunity to put his hand in the air and say "actually you're right, I should have paid tax on that money. Who do I make the cheque payable to?".

He presumably hasn't, or else we wouldnt be watching a court case unfold.

Maybe. Im no lawyer and so not sure of the legal definition of fraud - but afaik there has to be deliberate intent to deceive and hide assets / income. Seems to me 'arry is trying to play the "oh there was tax to pay? silly me, im just a simple football man' to make it look like accidental cockup rather than conspiracy - ie not guilty of 'fraud'. If successful he would still have to pay the tax of course, but get off the criminal charge.

mmmm not sure about that. I expect it reflects more what a reasonable person should have know. For example in money laundering legislation the test of an accountant or bank manager isn't did you know money laundering was taking place. It is should you have suspected money laundering given your background and position.

With Redknapp we know that he was investigated by the authorities when he received the Rio Ferdinand bonus from West Ham. We also know that the reason Mandaric put the money there is because Redknapp told him that he was owed another 5% of the Crouch transfer. We also know that Redknapp told a reporter that it was a bonus. From this it's clear that 1. Redknapp should at least know that bonus payments are taxable and 2. Redknapp DID know that it was a bonus.