Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

What makes it especially unlikely that the kitman already knows the tax has been paid is that the first team manager was the last one to know it hadn't been paid.

The Kitman is generally responsible for the laundry in most clubs, it is usually the owners that do this role at Pompey.

given the choice between informing his own staff, The Football League, AA, Lampitt, or even the media I would imagine that Chanrai will have gone out of his way to make sure the kitman's children are first to know of any major developments.

I realise that this is the kitman who was earning more than our manager at one point but I'm pleased that he's still in the loop with all matters financial.

Perhaps the kitman's son might like to advise his good friend Chanrai that next month he could head off a massive amount of bad publicity by paying it three weeks earlier.

And by his job title I guess he's basically responsible for making sure the club 'washing machines' have been able to cope with anything that has passed through them in the last decade.

Busy man, no wonder he was so well paid - and such a close friend of Chanrai.

Any other pressing matters he can advise on?

If your bank accounts are frozen, how do you pay? How many kitbags do you need to stuff £1.8m in used fivers into?

If you were the owner or the CEO, would you rent a Tranny van and deliver them yourself, or would you call the kit man?

I think they've got away with it again. 'Arry's not the only one with a briefcase!

In other early morning news

The judge has warned 'arry twice about nodding & winking at the jury

T**t just having dinner at work just covered key board & screen in coffee LOL. if this thread does nothing else its providing plenty of new keyboards & monitors.

No more news on the kitman then, the amount he was previously on wouldn't surprise me if he's not payed it himself.

Yep....they've just mentioned it again on Solent.

Apparently he emailed Kevan James to let him know that his 'bankers' (obvs Squidgeward et al) will be speaking to Portpin. According to Kev other interested parties include the 'Portsmouth Supporters Assoc & Brian Howe'

Cala also asked Kevan James to email him some contact details of some people (he didn't elaborate who). Kev also told Old Jug Ears that he hasn't done it yet. AGENT JAMES!

Good lad.

Good luck Skates, it's the hope that'll kill ya.

:lol:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/campaigns/passion-for-portsmouth/news/administrators_say_criticism_by_club_is_unfair_1_3454832

The News:

"POMPEY’S administrators have defended themselves against criticisms from the club.

Yesterday Portsmouth Football Club said in a statement that it was given assurances by UHY Hacker Young and Portpin Ltd that the club would be funded until a new owner was found. "

Oops, typo there by the snooze, Portsmouth aren't in admin. It's their totally separate parent company, CSI.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4086607/Portsmouth-news-Taxmans-boss-called-in.html

PORTSMOUTH'S fight for survival has taken a new twist after the taxman's boss was called in.

Portsmouth North MP Penny Mordaunt has appealed to David Gauke, the Treasury minister who oversees HMRC, to help stop the 'vindictive' £1.6million winding-up petition.

Mordaunt said: "HMRC's actions in issuing and publicising a winding-up order are actually preventing the best thing from happening — the club being sold.

"I think it's a very vindictive attitude. Mr Gauke is saying that the response from his officials will be, 'We can't be seen to be showing favouritism to one business over another'.

"But I think they should be pragmatic with all businesses. This is as much in their interest as in football's and those owed money by the club."

It's not vindictive it's what they should be doing.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4086607/Portsmouth-news-Taxmans-boss-called-in.html

PORTSMOUTH'S fight for survival has taken a new twist after the taxman's boss was called in.

Portsmouth North MP Penny Mordaunt has appealed to David Gauke, the Treasury minister who oversees HMRC, to help stop the 'vindictive' £1.6million winding-up petition.

Mordaunt said: "HMRC's actions in issuing and publicising a winding-up order are actually preventing the best thing from happening — the club being sold.

"I think it's a very vindictive attitude. Mr Gauke is saying that the response from his officials will be, 'We can't be seen to be showing favouritism to one business over another'.

"But I think they should be pragmatic with all businesses. This is as much in their interest as in football's and those owed money by the club."

Yeah, what are they thinking? It's not like anything like this has happened before.

Oh.

She might be the best looking skate in the world. Although thats not difficult and you can only see her face.

EDIT: Just google imaged her, and I can see why she only puts her face on her twitter account

indeed , probably still would though

Interestingly she seems to be a big supporter of assisted dying , can we not try and drag Notarf to Dignitas and get her back on the right side?

Jesus f******g wept.

Penny Mordaunt should shut up. She is showing her naivety, which may go with her youthfulness. Shall we add this £1.6m to the £37m that Poopey conned the taxman out of last time? Let's just round it off to £40m, and this is at a time when her boss is trying to get as much money into the coffers as possible. I feel like writing to the Chief Whip to censure her for her idiotic comments. I realise that she is MP for that **** hole and is expected to show support, but she should really think before acting especially with meaingless hollow gestures.

Penny Mordaunt is a ****ing disgrace.

According to something on her website she is a fundraiser for several local and national charities.

I wonder if she also banks the money herself that she collects or whether she passes it on to the charities.

Matt Partridge @mjpartridge1

@pn_neil_allen I love how UHY told the News that the collapse of NOS would 'have no affect on #pompey'

Retweeted by Neil Allen

Pompey fan in "I should have checked the Saints Web Forum rather than rely on the local media" shocker....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/campaigns/passion-for-portsmouth/news/administrators_say_criticism_by_club_is_unfair_1_3454832

THE administrators of Pompey’s parent company CSI have defended themselves against criticisms from the club.

Yesterday Portsmouth Football Club said in a statement that it was given assurances by UHY Hacker Young and Portpin Ltd that the club would be funded until a new owner was found.

‘This has not happened,’ it added.

But a partner in the accountancy firm and joint CSI administrator, Peter Kubik, said the firm had not withheld any information from the club at any point since they were appointed.

He said: ‘We believed that we could put money into Portsmouth to keep it going while an owner was found.

‘The jewel in the crown of CSI’s assets was North One Sports which held the rights to the World Rally Championship.

‘We were not able to sell it because the FIA cancelled the licence.

‘Before that happened we had a very seriously interested party talking to us before Christmas. They pulled out at the last minute and we still do not know why.’

Edited by trousers

Same old Tories!! ;-)

Penny Mordaunt is a ****ing disgrace.
A few on here need to drop her a line and just out-line the basics of what's gone on over there in the last couple of years, particularly in the non payment of tax, charities and small local businesses and maybe politely question her position as a local MP supporting such behaviour?

The News:

"POMPEY’S administrators have defended themselves against criticisms from the club.

Yesterday Portsmouth Football Club said in a statement that it was given assurances by UHY Hacker Young and Portpin Ltd that the club would be funded until a new owner was found. "

Oops, typo there by the snooze, Portsmouth aren't in admin. It's their totally separate parent company, CSI.

It's ok....they've re-worded it now....I think they got away with it.....no-one noticed apart from us....