Pardew....

tisspahars

Spooky that - I read the thread title 'Pardew' and in my mind saw 'Curbishley'.

Then again - I guess I am but a poor man...!

I did too...I ALWAYS get the 2 of them confused. I think it's probably because they swapped jobs in 2006

Pardew got Reading promoted from L1, he then gained promotion with West Ham to the Prem & was within seconds of beating Liverpool in the FA Cup final.

Yet, most fans would be outraged

Not sure ML & the board can win

Pardew got Reading promoted from L1, he then gained promotion with West Ham to the Prem & was within seconds of beating Liverpool in the FA Cup final.

Yet, most fans would be outraged

Not sure ML & the board can win

And he was in charge of the Charlton team that was even worse than us last season. When he was at West Ham he put Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano on the bench. Anyone who rates the likes Hayden Mullins and Bobby Zamora above those two is not fit to run a football team.

And he was in charge of the Charlton team that was even worse than us last season. When he was at West Ham he put Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano on the bench. Anyone who rates the likes Hayden Mullins and Bobby Zamora above those two is not fit to run a football team.

There were other reasons why Teves and Mascherano weren't on the pitch.

For a League One side Pardew would be a very good coup. Hopefully we can get better (WGS etc) but I'd be happy with Pardew - as any League One fan should be.

Agreed, Pardew will be good in this league and if we can't get the likes of WGS etc I would be happy if he was brought in.

Living up here I unfortunately know alot of West Ham fans and they all love Pardew, speak very highly of him. Obviously, Charlton fans wouldn't agree but he did well at Reading so could be a decent appointment.

Charlton were a crap side probably full of a/hs. The manager always gets sacked but sometimes there is nothing he can do with some of the sh*tbags that play football nowadays. Players are unsackable, managers aren't.

Look at some that have left us of late, 4 or 5 managers haven't been able to do much with them.

Charlton were a crap side probably full of a/hs. The manager always gets sacked but sometimes there is nothing he can do with some of the sh*tbags that play football nowadays. Players are unsackable, managers aren't.

Look at some that have left us of late, 4 or 5 managers haven't been able to do much with them.

Pardew did a very good job with Reading but since Curbishley left Charlton like us they have been in free fall

We could do far, far worse then Pardew.

He knows the division, has succesfully established teams in higher leagues and can work within a firmly kept yet reasonable budget.

I would be very happy with his appointment.

if its pardew i would not be to upset hes a good manager but sill hope its wgs

Dont understand all this support for Strachan as the only positive comments are that he can get the team fitter.

Not sure he can develop a team to move from Bottom League 1 to the Top of the Championship.

But with loads of money he may

Dont understand all this support for Strachan as the only positive comments are that he can get the team fitter.

Not sure he can develop a team to move from Bottom League 1 to the Top of the Championship.

do you not think his experience might help..?

I think he would. Coppell would still be my first choice and Strachan my second but Pardew wouldn't be a bad choice, that said I'd prefer Curbishley to him.

I'd actually rather have Adams :-(

Why?

Has Adams managed a team in the FA Cup final?

Has Adams got teams promoted from L1 and the Championship and well established them the next season?

I am curious why you say that, I really am.

do you not think he has the know how to get us in a better position than where we are now...?

if not, why would you say..?

I am not suggesting that he would not do a reasonable job but I dont feel he has the patience to develop the club in the next few years.

But I am still confused as to whether the club is to get a director of football

I am not suggesting that he would not do a reasonable job but I dont feel he has the patience to develop the club in the next few years.

But I am still confused as to whether the club is to get a director of football

To be honest...i do not see the need of a director of football..especially in the WGS/current manager mode...it will only lead to one thing..

if a 'figure head' like MLT was to do it, then it may be different as he would not put pressure on the manager if things do not go well..if you get me

To be honest...i do not see the need of a director of football..especially in the WGS/current manager mode...it will only lead to one thing..

if a 'figure head' like MLT was to do it, then it may be different as he would not put pressure on the manager if things do not go well..if you get me

Yes I agree with you I cannot see DOF working

Just looked up Pardew who seems to have a reasonable background

http://www.4thegame.com/club/west-ham-united-fc/manager-profile/31147/alanpardew.html