Pardew....

tisspahars

Pardew is a good name to have in the hat, that's my thinking.

Good record, decent bloke, normally gets his teams to play a classic 'English' style but can utilise class if his got it in his squad, all round everything we want as fans. Not as quotable as some managers but talks sense instead.

I have mentioned AP previously and do think that he would be ok. Alan Curbishley would be my choice though ahead of all the others. He did a good job at Charlton with strictly limited resources. I would hope that being able to spend would give him more scope re the squad capabilities. Though the same could be said of Pardew.

Either of them could be a good choice and I am sure will have our full backing.

to be fair..we would not want redknapp back and he is a premiership level manager...

And of course we would probably do not want Burley an International Manager and Hoddle an ex international manager

Edited by John B

Getting Alan Pardew in league 1 would be a very good move. To get a manager from the higher leagues to work at a lower level shows the ambition the club has.

He'd be a League 1 manager anway had Charlton not given him the boot.

Not sure on this one. Decent track record previously but his more recent record worries me a little

if we get an experianced manager in do we really need a DOF?

Personally I thought Ted Bates filled that role in the past - although I doubt that DoF was his title.

Its not always about how the "modern" DoF operates ie deciding who is sold/bought. A DoF should be the football voice on the board when decisions are being taken.

Would be happy with Pardew, a no nonsene tell it like it is guy, but to be fair i would be happy with anyone on that list but Tony Adams. Think Adams needs to do what Ince and other managers have done and work lower down and earn your way up, He has only been a manager due to his playing reputation, as we have seen so often players do not always make good managers. The difference with Shearer is simply because he has connections to the club, and because he was about to punch Barton in the head, anyone who does that deserves a managerial job to be honest ;)

Pardew done well at WestHam. He was shat on with the whole Tevez and Mascherena affair as it totally ruined the balance and moral of his side. First season in Prem they were a breath of fresh air and a side I wanted Saints to emulate had we got promoted back then. WestHam should also have won FA Cup in 2006 just a wonder goal and penalties cost them.

do we really need a DOF in League 1?

The thing is we don't know the make up of the board of directors yet. We know ML is the owner but is likely to be hands off. NC as CEO is apparently a temporary appointment and AO is COO. These guys probably want to look after the business and commercial side of the operation but not necessarily the football operations. I wouldn't necessarily say we need a DoF but wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a General Manager and Head Coach scenario. An GM who's an administrator that looks after player contracts etc. and reports directly to the COO. With Head Coach or Team Manager who looks after the playing side.

Im with most other people - would not be my first choice but would be very happy should we get him.

IMO for a league 1 side on -10 to appoint anyone who has worked in the PL (with a degree of success) in the last five years would be brilliant and a real sign of intent.

Pardew got Reading promoted from L1, he then gained promotion with West Ham to the Prem & was within seconds of beating Liverpool in the FA Cup final.

Yet, most fans would be outraged

Not sure ML & the board can win

And that about sums up how stupid our fanbase is...

I wouldn't take much notice to that forum.

One post said in their administration rumours something about us being in more debt then them and not paying our players for 3 months.

There were also some saying they are a much bigger club then Southampton.

My West Ham mate said this would be a great management appointment for us, considering we are in League One.

charlton fans don't rate him then!

interesting they say its come from solent

Most of it is only repeating what Tony Husband said on South Today. Nobody as far as I know, as actually said it's definitely him or he is going to be revealed tomorrow. More rumour or 2+2=5, I reckon.

don't think they were - not that bad

There was a lot of them on 606 after we appointed him, slagging him off including one who had re-written the lyrics to the song "I will survive" which was sung by someone on air, and was actually very funny! :D

The more I think about Pardew, the more I think he'd be a good appointment for us - good league experience including this level (including some success), good contacts in the game, seems intelligent enough... is still young enough to have bold ambition and look on us as a long term project.

Altogether now... Alan Pardew's Red & White Army!!!

the charlton forum comments are even worse now!

Didn't work out for him, but then neither did it for Dowie or any manager since Curbishley. I don't think it necessarily reflects badl on AP - did well enough at Reading and WHU to show he has some talent.

An interesting interview from a couple of months back :)

He was really good in the interview and I also watched the 'fight wenger vs pardew' and I would love to say if he had us playing with that passion then happy days.

I really really hope we can get him (dont know if this is a wind up)

COYR

Edited by Joesaint

This is exactley the kind of appointment I am expecting. Sadly, I can't see WGS or Coppell coming, so it comes down to the likes of Curbishley, Pardew, Boothroyd or Wise.

I don't see any reason why he couldn't do a good job for us. He has experience at this level and given time and support from the board I think he more than capable of getting us out of L1.

I'm sure there are a few fans out there who would be happy if Dowie or Mickey Adams were appointed, simply because of their Saints links. However, Pardew is probably as good as, if not better than either of those two, so if he comes then we should try and be positive and get behind the guy.

How many of us were dreading the arrival of WGS all those years ago? Look what he ended up doing! Now the majority of fans want him back.

Edited by Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd