Walsall

Saint Keith

We are still in it. Just think if Millwall beat Huddersfield Friday and we win Sat. It really depends if they can take the pressure. They very nearly lost it again tonight against a ten man Walsall side. We beat a team away from home 5-1 challenging for the play offs. The pressure is on them big style.

i feel like we actually lost tonight :( 2 points would have been easy. we were all but promoted in the 89th minute. 5 points is difficult. we're about 10x more likely to be in league 1 next year now. eugh.

it is a really really weird feeling tonight. I kind of feel like im a walsall fan for a split second, i know how they feel tonight...

but as everyone has said - we all had hudds down to win this and the fact that they almost completely ****ed it up gives me confidence that other teams can do them damage.

it is a really really weird feeling tonight. I kind of feel like im a walsall fan for a split second, i know how they feel tonight...

but as everyone has said - we all had hudds down to win this and the fact that they almost completely ****ed it up gives me confidence that other teams can do them damage.

Three tough games in their run in, Millwall and Colchester at home, which is massive for them and Exter away last day, they are not good away and if i were them i wouldn't fancy having to go there and need a result. Only one i'd be confident of getting a win is Stockport away. they are not in great form and its quite posible they could only get another 3-4 points this season.

Three tough games in their run in, Millwall and Colchester at home, which is massive for them and Exter away last day, they are not good away and if i were them i wouldn't fancy having to go there and need a result. Only one i'd be confident of getting a win is Stockport away. they are not in great form and its quite posible they could only get another 3-4 points this season.

Quite agree. Of course the circumstances tonight are disappointing but this was the only game I had them down for a definite win. I really don't think they will get 79 points, what the result does confirm is that we will need to win the lot.

Will be worried however if they beat Millwall.

We have to believe we can win our remaining games and if we do then I believe we will now make the play offs. If we play like we did tonight we will win the last 5 league games.

Huddersfield IMHO will lose against Millwall on friday and will at best draw with Colchester.

Stockport are now relegated, and it is strange how a team that has no pressure after being relegated suddenly gets results they couldn't achieve while the pressure was on.

Anybody who says Saints have never won 8 games in a row (what we need to win the remainder!) would be the same people who would have said we couldn't win 10 of our last 11 home league games, back in November.

Strange things happen, at the moment we have incredible momentum while the other clubs in and around the playoffs are stuttering badly, who would have said Norwich would lost to Leyton Orient, or Millwall would draw with Yeovil, these things happen.

I suppose the only thing we can take from this is that we win 5-1 against decent opposition and they win 4-3 against crap opposition, if Walsall can forgive me for calling them crap.

lot of pressure on us

Loads more on them

Well they did only have ten men

I'd go for draws with Millwall and Colchester and win at Stockport, but a pressurised loss at Exeter ... gives us a fighting chance with even a minor blip (draw at Gillingham) along the line I think, but it is late and beer is taking over ;) so don't take these calculations as gospel :lol:

If I may make an observation, which might help the mood tonight.

Saints have to win all their remining games, yes..? I expect there quite a few people now who think we can do this. But Huddersfield only need 8 points from 4 games, yes..?

But what if they lose 1 of those 4 remaining games. It means that they MUST win the other 3. 2 wins and a draw will not do.

Pressure..? I think so. We can make them cave in. Keep it up, Saints. :)

EDIT: Oh and bloody hard luck Walsall. That was a bloody great effort.

Saints have to win all their remining games, yes..? I expect there quite a few people now who think we can do this. But Huddersfield only need 8 points from 4 games, yes..?

But what if they lose 1 of those 4 remaining games. It means that they MUST win the other 3. 2 wins and a draw will not do.

Great point! Friday's game could be the decider. Come on Millwall!

If we win all our games we should do it.

Huddersfield will need to average 2 points a game to stop us and they don't average two points a game. On top of that, they seem to be playing rather badly at the moment.

Keep the belief!

Very frustrating from Walsall tonight, especially when they were so close to holding on! Still, we have to be positive.

Colchester lost and dropped points, Huddersfield have a very tricky game against Millwall to come and they will be keen to get back into the top two after being held away to Yeovil tonight.

So long as we focus on ourselves and keep the pressure on, then there is a very possible chance that we will sneak a playoff spot.

Knew Hudds were 2-0 up approaching half time. Checked via the BBC red button on 90 mins and they were 3-2 down. Delerious. Then they pulled level - a draw would still have been good for saints so I switched to SSN - they got their winner. From joy to depression all in a matter of less than 2 minutes. Gutted.

EDIT: Oh and bloody hard luck Walsall. That was a bloody great effort.

I like your thinking mate! Just can't get over their result tonight.....

You gotta love this crazy game.

COYS

Must agree it is a weird feeling tonight, one I've never experienced before. I am usually exstatic. Like has already been said above, when Walsall were winning it was amazing, when they were drawing I accepted it still as a good result for us, but then huddersfield winning! It feels like we got a scrappy 1-0 win :S

Very frustrating from Walsall tonight, especially when they were so close to holding on! Still, we have to be positive.

Colchester lost and dropped points, Huddersfield have a very tricky game against Millwall to come and they will be keen to get back into the top two after being held away to Yeovil tonight.

So long as we focus on ourselves and keep the pressure on, then there is a very possible chance that we will sneak a playoff spot.

The way Millwall celebrated the equalisier you'd think they won the league - it was a BIG point for them and perhaps a kick in the backside they needed to re-focus.

Look at Swindon - lost 3-0 and drew 1-1 in the past week and fell from 2nd to 5th in the process.

Yes our away form hasn't been great this season but in recent months we have won a lot of games against sides like Stockport and Exeter

Won 1-0 at Yeovil

Won 2-0 at Hartlepool

2-1 Carlisle

2-0 Tranmere

2-0 Leyton Orient

2-1 Wycombe

It's the two home games i'm more worried about us dropping points in

We were cruising tonight and playing it like a practice match and 3 shocking pieces of defending saw them score three from their 3 shots. Showed great character to turn it around and it is results like that which can kick start a good run

Yes our away form hasn't been great this season but in recent months we have won a lot of games against sides like Stockport and Exeter

Won 1-0 at Yeovil

Won 2-0 at Hartlepool

2-1 Carlisle

2-0 Tranmere

2-0 Leyton Orient

2-1 Wycombe

We were cruising tonight and playing it like a practice match and 3 shocking pieces of defending saw them score three from their 3 shots. Showed great character to turn it around and it is results like that which can kick start a good run

Hello..? Do I detect a Terrier on this forum..? :)

So what do you think of our chances of catching you then..? ;)

Won 1-0 at Yeovil

Won 2-0 at Hartlepool

2-1 Carlisle

2-0 Tranmere

2-0 Leyton Orient

2-1 Wycombe

This is what worries me. I have a feeling Hudders will get at least a draw against Millwall.

Last night the door was well and truly open for a few minutes, now its slightly ajar.

Hello..? Do I detect a Terrier on this forum..? :)

So what do you think of our chances of catching you then..? ;)

Everyone on our forum is expecting you to pick up 15 points. A few have even been backing you lately at 14/1 for promotion so even if we don't make it then there will be a bit of a consolation.

We need 8 points to guarantee we finish above you. A win on Friday night and think that will be it, 6th spot will be ours. However, I can't see us beating Millwall, far too physical a side for us.

We are not good enough to win the play offs so it will all be a bit fruitless even if we do get 6th. In that sense, a few fans want you to get 6th so that you aren't around next season when you would easily **** this division

Even if they fluke a win against Millwall on Friday and we win, we are bound to win at home to Oldham which still leaves us 5 points behind I know.

However that means if Huddersfield draw, lose and win each of their last 3 games and we still finish above them on goal difference. I also reckon that this time next week we will be above Colchester.

Keep the belief !!

Everyone on our forum is expecting you to pick up 15 points. A few have even been backing you lately at 14/1 for promotion so even if we don't make it then there will be a bit of a consolation.

We need 8 points to guarantee we finish above you. A win on Friday night and think that will be it, 6th spot will be ours. However, I can't see us beating Millwall, far too physical a side for us.

We are not good enough to win the play offs so it will all be a bit fruitless even if we do get 6th. In that sense, a few fans want you to get 6th so that you aren't around next season when you would easily **** this division

I agree with all of that.

This is what worries me. I have a feeling Hudders will get at least a draw against Millwall.

Last night the door was well and truly open for a few minutes, now its slightly ajar.

A drew against Millwall is good. We win on Saturday making the difference 6, and we go into the Oldham game knowing a win will put us 3 points off.

Personally I reckon they will be 2 points ahead of us going into the last game. All we will need is for Exeter to hold them (at Exeter) and we will obviously beat Southend. Radios at the ears that day I reckon.