Now we know who is in the Playoffs, who do you want to go up?

Colinjb

The choice:

Charlton

Millwall

Swindon

Huddersfield

Can't have Huddersfield going up, my boss support them and I wouldn't hear the end of it.

Swindon are the weakest in terms of ongoing structure. I don't think they would have another year like this, keep them in.

So, Millwall and Charlton. I would keep Millwall in, so it has to be Charlton going up for me.

Swindon did the double over us so IMO they deserve to go up more than the other 2.

Also, I don't want it to be Charlton as that would mean both of the teams to come down with us went straight back up. (Plus I think Charlton will be a lot weaker next season if they don't get promoted, and we outplayed them 3 times this season.)

Couldn't give a toss. Its not us so makes no odds who it is.

Well it does. Saints want to win the league or at the very least be promoted via the playoffs next season so it is in Saints interest for the division to contain the weakest 23 clubs possible after the playoffs in League One and League Two.

Well it does. Saints want to win the league or at the very least be promoted via the playoffs next season so it is in Saints interest for the division to contain the weakest 23 clubs possible after the playoffs in League One and League Two.

But if we're going to be head and shoulders above every team in the league it doesn't matter who we're playing.

Indeed, there is a train of thought that Saints play better when raising their game against the supposedly better sides....

The best two have gone up already we only lost one if 4 against them, the three coming down all look decidely average at best. If we keep all our players and add a coule more we should win the league regardless of which one of the others go up. If you are going to go on the basis of this season then you'd have to say Millwall finished third so therefore are the third best team, but we should have beaten them up there. Swindon beat us twice, Huddersfield walloped us up there and Charlton are probably the biggest of those 4 in the play offs so most attractive to new players. I dont really think it'll make a lot of difference as who goes up, we have the best squad in this league now, are the richest club, probably the best ground and best attendances & are the biggest club (with the exception of Sheffield Wednesday) if we dont go up with all that then, regardless of if Millwall, charlton, swindon or Huddersfield go up this season we only have ourselves to blame.

Aldershot being in Hampshire i presume they'll be calling us scummers as well then?

anyone who has been to Aldershot for football will tell you it certainly would NOT be a friendly away day. Don't think they have a issue with us as such, but it is a rough town with a reputation.

I'd rather Dagenham and Redbridge come up in the play offs from 4th Division, not too bothered who goes up from ours, probably Millwall or Huddersfield.

anyone who has been to Aldershot for football will tell you it certainly would NOT be a friendly away day. Don't think they have a issue with us as such, but it is a rough town with a reputation.

I'd rather Dagenham and Redbridge come up in the play offs from 4th Division, not too bothered who goes up from ours, probably Millwall or Huddersfield.

******** JRM, Aldershot are FA, we took Aldershot and Woking in the same day, c2003.

The best two have gone up already we only lost one if 4 against them, the three coming down all look decidely average at best. If we keep all our players and add a coule more we should win the league regardless of which one of the others go up. If you are going to go on the basis of this season then you'd have to say Millwall finished third so therefore are the third best team, but we should have beaten them up there. Swindon beat us twice, Huddersfield walloped us up there and Charlton are probably the biggest of those 4 in the play offs so most attractive to new players. I dont really think it'll make a lot of difference as who goes up, we have the best squad in this league now, are the richest club, probably the best ground and best attendances & are the biggest club (with the exception of Sheffield Wednesday) if we dont go up with all that then, regardless of if Millwall, charlton, swindon or Huddersfield go up this season we only have ourselves to blame.

Agreed.

I've been to Aldershot to work on the odd day here and there.

Based on a lunchtime or two meandering around the town centre trying to buy food it's about as unfriendly a place as I've been to in Britain, and I spent 8 months doing installations in Register Offices from Penzance to Norwich and Hastings to Hartlepool.

Also, it's a bit of a sh1111tehole, and I come from Newport...

As for League One Playoff winners... Swindon have had our number, get rid of them please.

Swindon deserve it more than the others having given us the toughest games all season. Someone said they are weak structurally but in fact they have huge finance behind them now, unlike a short time back.

We should fear none of them! So therefore it doesn't matter!

Well that's alright then, may as well have Chelsea and Man U pitch up to represent Hartlepool and Exeter to make it more interesting.

Posted last week - it really shouldn't affect us. If we are serious about the top two then which three of these four we play should be irrelevent.

Charlton; I have Charlton ST mates and with the demise of Gillingham it's once again my nearest game; always a decent awayday - keep 'em down!

Huddersfield; never been there, diary permitting quite fancy this one next year. They tailed-off quite badly this year and were only helped into the play-offs by Millwall's no-show at their place. Thrashed at our place - they haven't done enough for me to deserve promotion - keep 'em down!

Swindon: small team who punched well above their weight this season, excellent manager. For however poor we were that day I thought they still looked decent at their place and were also v good at St Marys. Hopefully they will have to sell at least one of the strikers and we can go down there next season and right a few wrongs - keep 'em down!

Millwall; no mark club and one of the very worst away days I've ever been to (decent view though)! Fair play to Jackett who has got a very average bunch of players performing well above the sum of their individual parts. If they stay down and keep him they would be probably be the biggest single threat to us next year and they present unattractive opposition at home and away - let 'em go up and good riddance (hopefully we could pass them and P going the other way at the end of the season).

At the beginning of the season everyone was talking about this league being at an all time strength with the inclusion of Charlton, Norwich, Leeds and of course Saints. Charlton go up and were the only one left out of those 4. Kinda leaves us in a great position for next season.

Want Millwall to go up as I reckon they will be strongest of the lot next season. Most want Swindon to stay down for three reasons. It's local for me, I can't see them repeating this years success and we owe them a good old fasioned arse whooping.

Indifferent to Huddersfield, but it is a long way to travel for an away game. Charlton are good, but will probably sell rather than buy with their financial mess.

Huddersfield; never been there, diary permitting quite fancy this one next year. They tailed-off quite badly this year and were only helped into the play-offs by Millwall's no-show at their place. Thrashed at our place - they haven't done enough for me to deserve promotion - keep 'em down!

QUOTE]

Actually if you look at the form league for the last ten games they were second behind us. Hardly tailing off. I'd quite like them to go up but my money's on Millwall.

Agree with Charlton.

plus Aldershot to come up from Div 4

NB, I don't think I have ever met or seen an Aldershot fan

Many years ago we went to see the Shots play Hereford because Terry Paine was playing for them. Saints had been away at WBA on the previous (Friday) evening. We changed trains at Woking and bumped into our first Aldershot fan. Arthur English!

Had a great time chatting to him and it seemed we were the only hereford fans in the ground.

Shots to come up for me.

CBA about whoever leaves L1 to go up.