New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

The only reason AP was not sacked sooner is that ML backed AP.

If Anyone beieves that guff that ML wanted to sack AP but NC didn't , then they need help. It is no coincidence that now ML is not about NC has got his wish.

Sorry Duncan but this time I have to disagree,I know you are well connected but I too have a connection that insists there was an incident and pardew was sacked because of it.

Ok,I agree that pardew was a dead man walking from Christmas onwards but if cortese really wanted to get rid of him he would have done it at the end of the season not after a few games of the start of the new season....it doesn't make sense!

My information comes from a player via a journalist,I have no reason to think he is lying and although he doesn't feed me much info he is nearly always right.

He didnt get rid of him because Markus didnt want him out !

No Markus now and hes gone.

Final straw being the fact that Pardew only gave Guly five minutes last Saturday.

Adkins would be a superb appointment imo, he's done wonders with Scunny and it'll be the next step up for him to move to a bigger club in a division he's familiar with and see where he can take us. However, I can't help but think we should go for somebody who can achieve in the here and now rather than somebody who will be a better manager than some of the touted names in a few years time. I will get behind (almost) anyone who's appointed though, I have faith in NC to make the right appointment for us.

Strange my info came via a current player too!

I was warned last Monday morning to standby for some anti-Pardew spinning, and I didn't have to wait long which is why I am sceptical. If the sacking came out of the blue I would be inclined to agree with you but as it has been on the breeze since the spring, this "incident" is just a little too convenient.

I suppose it depends how much you trust this journalist, I suppose it is conceivable that one player might know more than another but that would not say much for a united dressing room.

NC has stated that any decision will be based on the best interest of the club. The timing doesn't fit that mode of operation. Surely, if there were issues last season that were not resolved in pre-season then finding a replacement would be well advanced. I just cannot reconcile the current situation as the best interest of the club.

The only reason AP was not sacked sooner is that ML backed AP.

If Anyone beieves that guff that ML wanted to sack AP but NC didn't , then they need help. It is no coincidence that now ML is not about NC has got his wish.

With respect, that is your opinion. Don't try and pass off as fact something which isn't when some of us know a little more of the situation.

I don't believe the rumour, it's all too convenient. Pardew ****ged a players missus, and oh yeah the other sacked people were all in a drinking club.

Fitzhugh Fella posted on here ages ago that he was a dead man walking. IF there was an incident, it was just used as an excuse IMO.

Once again all eyes will be on the royal box to see who's been sneaked in by Snr Cortese for a butcher's.

Last week as some know but many may not it was the Lloyd Webber brothers (FACT by the way) but before rumours spread about takeovers and selecting our team on a TV show, they sat in the 'O's' bit of the box not ours.

Nevertheless, don't be surprised if somebody shows up in a Phantom mask....

Our new manager is Frank Spencer?

(anyone got a picture of Poortvliet wearing a beret? Google not coming up with the goods)

With respect, that is your opinion. Don't try and pass off as fact something which isn't when some of us know a little more of the situation.

I know what I know.

I admit don't know what you know or what your mate in the car park told you. I don't give a flying **** whether or not you believe me.

NC is an unique individual and I wouldn't believe many things he says.

He holds the aces and will spin this how he sees fit and obviously he isn't going to admit that he's had a tantrum a made yet another knee jerk decision.

I do however get annoyed with the rubbish about AP posted on here.

One of the companies I'm involved has lots of high level dealings with Saints. I know my sources

The problem there is, I've seen comments saying if we believe ML completely wanted Pardew to stay then we need help, and this one saying if we believe ML wanted to sack him, we need help.

What should I believe in order to avoid professional help?

Fair point! Do what we the rest of us do believe the bits that fit in with our personal beliefs/prejudices/agendas and disregard the rest.

I know what I know.

I admit don't know what you know or what your mate in the car park told you. I don't give a flying **** whether or not you believe me.

NC is an unique individual and I wouldn't believe many things he says.

He holds the aces and will spin this how he sees fit and obviously he isn't going to admit that he's had a tantrum a made yet another knee jerk decision.

I do however get annoyed with the rubbish about AP posted on here.

One of the companies I'm involved has lots of high level dealings with Saints. I know my sources

I hope you don't get too annoyed. Have a cup of tea.

So you don't have facts then? Just 'bits' which fit in with your prejudices?

Good one, I like what you've done there.

Just to clarify for others my quote you refer to was about how to treat info on message boards not about where my info comes from and it was meant to be a joke.

Anyway your far too smart for me so I'm off for a cup of tea.

Im please that NC is taking his time to appoint the right manager. If he is with a current club then there will be the necessary negotiation with that club. Howe and tisadle would heve been released immediatley so it is neither of them I firmly belive it is someone with pedegree. So I am quite content to await for the official announcement

How many strikers do we have available tomorrow could ging gang guly play up front

You mean the Old English Sheepdog from Crufts ??

To be fair to NC, some people are saying he will spin it as he wants, yet as far as I am aware he's not said anything at all. Maybe keeping a dignified silence?

Who really knows what happened, some say this some say something opposite, all with good and reliable 'sources'

Maybe we should just wait and see before jumping to conclusions either way? Some will inevitably end up with egg on faces.....

I would have thought that someone who gains absolute trust from a man as astute as ML isn't going to be naive, no matter else might be the case.

PS I'm really disappointed AP has gone!

Indeed. The longer the announcement takes the more high profile the candidate will be (IMHO).

That said, I've been wrong once already this year so can't rule it out again....

OR

The longer the announcement takes means that after the demise of Pardew, prospective Quality Candidates are more than wary of coming to Cortese's Castle

What's going on with this thread, used to be interesting until yesterday.

What benefit would a new manager have if it was announced tonight, surely he would want a whole week in training with the guys.

Let's say Sunday night then for our new announcement.

Yes, no hurry. Let's get another Home defeat out of the way eh !!!!

Strange my info came via a current player too!

I was warned last Monday morning to standby for some anti-Pardew spinning, and I didn't have to wait long which is why I am sceptical. If the sacking came out of the blue I would be inclined to agree with you but as it has been on the breeze since the spring, this "incident" is just a little too convenient.

I suppose it depends how much you trust this journalist, I suppose it is conceivable that one player might know more than another but that would not say much for a united dressing room.

Your persistence with "Pardew a dead man walking" does not make sense. For this to be true, Cortese would be perfectly happy to blugger up this season on a whim. When Cortese came to the decision to keep Pardew on, it was done on the basis that he would be here for at least the season and see us home to the CCC. This is the unerring short term target Cortese has in front of him and nothing will distract him. Having to replace a manager at this particular time would be Cortese's worst nightmare, something he would have pre-empted with only a gut feeling, let alone someone he was lining up to kick into touch.

I don't believe anyone knows what Cortese has or will do, he just does not confide in anyone, or anyone leaky. You may well know where he has been, who he has spoken to, but you are only guessing as to where he is going from there.

Nigel Adkins was just on Football League Weekend on SKY 1 and when asked about the Saints job he asked to move onto the next question. He didn't do the whole "There are great club but I have a job at S****horpe". How does this tie up with other things people have heard? He sounds like he's up for it. I think he's be a great appointment as he's got out of this league twice on a low budget

Nigel Adkins was just on Football League Weekend on SKY 1 and when asked about the Saints job he asked to move onto the next question. He didn't do the whole "There are great club but I have a job at S****horpe". How does this tie up with other things people have heard? He sounds like he's up for it. I think he's be a great appointment as he's got out of this league twice on a low budget

Yep, just saw that - very interesting..

Adkin on tv

they asked him about Southampton, here is what went on:

he said "It's a special job - good people there, im pleased to be top. It's a very big club. It also compliments everyone at Scunny for the work we've done. It's a big job and I am chuffed to be up there with Zola, Shearer, Hoddle and Phil Brown."

So the presenter said "So..."

Adkins: "Can we just move on please *chuckling and smiling*

Not wishing to state the obvious just because Adkins is great at S****horpe it does not necessarily follow he'll be fantastic at Southampton likewise one of so called 'crap' managers who are supposedly in the frame could have been dreadful in their last two jobs and be absolutely fantastic here.

For goodness sake anyone who has followed professional football for at least three or four years should be able to see this.

If we do take him on, I would not be excited at all. S****horpe! come on please get us someone who trya to play football the right way...... hooooofffff!!!

You clearly haven't watched S****horpe under Adkins then.

To be fair, they play very good, attractive football.

However, I would like to think we could aim higher than Adkins. If he were to get the job, I'd feel slightly underwhelmed. Is he better than Pardew? I think not.

Your persistence with "Pardew a dead man walking" does not make sense. For this to be true, Cortese would be perfectly happy to blugger up this season on a whim. When Cortese came to the decision to keep Pardew on, it was done on the basis that he would be here for at least the season and see us home to the CCC. This is the unerring short term target Cortese has in front of him and nothing will distract him. Having to replace a manager at this particular time would be Cortese's worst nightmare, something he would have pre-empted with only a gut feeling, let alone someone he was lining up to kick into touch.

I don't believe anyone knows what Cortese has or will do, he just does not confide in anyone, or anyone leaky. You may well know where he has been, who he has spoken to, but you are only guessing as to where he is going from there.

I'm sorry but Fitzhugh is one of the least reliable posters on here. He is so agenda laden its unbelievable....

You clearly haven't watched S****horpe under Adkins then.

To be fair, they play very good, attractive football.

However, I would like to think we could aim higher than Adkins. If he were to get the job, I'd feel slightly underwhelmed. Is he better than Pardew? I think not.

Fair enough I think the last time I went there was a 1-1 when Pearson was manager, just taken over I think in the season that we stayed up in the CCC on the last day. Was he not there then as they hoofed the ball up the park as much as possible in that game. perhaps he was still changing the style of play? It just does not excite me at all, him coming to Saints and I think we need picking off the floor a little bit!

Adkin on tv

they asked him about Southampton, here is what went on:

he said "It's a special job - good people there, im pleased to be top. It's a very big club. It also compliments everyone at Scunny for the work we've done. It's a big job and I am chuffed to be up there with Zola, Shearer, Hoddle and Phil Brown."

So the presenter said "So..."

Adkins: "Can we just move on please *chuckling and smiling*

Out of the other 4, I personally only rate Zola. Was under severe restraints at West Ham

Phil Brown, not bad, but no thanks

Hoddle and Shearer, no thanks, Yesterday's men IMHO

But, people have got to realise that we are still in Division Three (called Div 1 ) There is a limit to the calibre of Manager that we can ATTRACT, even after allowing for no debt, large crowds, new Stadia etc etc

It's like the head chasing the tail, we have to get to the CCC and beyond before we can exercise real clout

That's the legacy of falling all the way down from the Prem