New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

He wasn't expecting to sack pardew,there was an incident and he had to let him go.....that's why there isn't an instant fix.

No point rushing into appointing his successor,make the wrong choice and this will all be happening again at Xmas,make the right choice and we will be promoted.

Fixed it for you. (;

How on earth can you say that?

The whole world knows and accepts NC was poised to wield the axe at the season's end and pulled back at the last moment. From that moment on AP was a dead man walking.

Everyone is falling for the spin that there was an incident which is interesting as some of the current players friends of mine have spoken to, know of no incident.

the fact the goalkeeping coach was sacked at the same time supports this. Why would you sack a goalkeeping coach just because the manager was involved in a incident?

The whole world knows and accepts NC was poised to wield the axe at the season's end and pulled back at the last moment. From that moment on AP was a dead man walking.

Everyone is falling for the spin that there was an incident which is interesting as some of the current players friends of mine have spoken to, know of no incident.

Has it every occurred to you Dunc that they might have been told to keep schtum ?

I am not pre-judging anything, and we wont get an explanation from either of the horse's mouths involved.

I really think it best all energies of everybody are directed towards finding a decent new manager, easing him in, making him feel welcome, and getting on with rescuing this season.

I must admit its 5 days now, and I was expecting an appointment by now, so I am getting nervous.

Glad we are playing Rochdale and not Sheff Wed. tomorrow.

They may not know because maybe Cortese has buttoned down the hatches and ensured that leaks do not happen.

You always speak of knowing things and I'm sure you do but maybe something did happen and this just sped things along. If the rumours of an incident are indeed the basis of the truth then well done Cortese. Decisive appropriate and professional management.

I have just re-read the official club statement and the "incident" theory fits far better than the "planned" theory.

The first paragraph particularly, the last, and the words "co-operative unit" midway through.

I hope something did happen because otherwise Cortese planning is poor otherwise....unless an appointment is made today.

They may not know because maybe Cortese has buttoned down the hatches and ensured that leaks do not happen.

You always speak of knowing things and I'm sure you do but maybe something did happen and this just sped things along. If the rumours of an incident are indeed the basis of the truth then well done Cortese. Decisive appropriate and professional management.

I have just re-read the official club statement and the "incident" theory fits far better than the "planned" theory.

The first paragraph particularly, the last, and the words "co-operative unit" midway through.

I hope something did happen because otherwise Cortese planning is poor otherwise....unless an appointment is made today.

Could it be a combination of the two FF?

i.e.

Yes - there was always an intention to remove Pardew at some stage

And

Yes - he was waiting for 'something' to happen before pulling the lever?

unless GK coach was involved too?

No, sorry, I just do not believe that the three major people running the First Team were at the same place, at the same time, and were involved in the same "incident"

The odds on that are too great IMHO

It's a classic scenario for a Planned Sacking, but where the logic on that falls down is Cortese not having someone lined up to effect a smooth transition

You would not get three people to agree to a gagging order IF the Sackings were "instant" All three would have "Left the building" PDQ

Only Cortese can explain the circumstances, but he is not likely to do that

I simply don't buy this as a planned decision by Cortese. While I don't have your insight as to the machinations at the end of last season which may have left AP as "dead man walking", but then if that was the case why did'nt Pards walk. If that was me in my role I certainly would regardless of anything else.

If Cortese was after his blood, then it seems highly unlikely that he would fire him for perfoamnce/results reasons so soon after a 4-0 away win - To me, it would seem much more realistic to fire him after a lacklustre opening day home defeat to Plymouth if he was going to.

Also why fire Downes and Murdoch too ?

No there is more to this than meets the eye IMO, and I still think that certainly in part, Pardew was the architect of his own sacking and Cortese made a tough but correct decision!

Will be updating it, can someone please let me know the latest odds, as we cannot get on betting sites at work!!!

ddie Howe 5/2

Phil Brown 5/2

Gianfranco Zola 4/1

Paul Hart 7/1

Paul Tisdale 9/1

Alan Shearer 10/1

Tony Mowbray 10/1

Gareth Southgate 12/1

Glenn Hoddle 12/1

Paul Buckle 12/1

Kevin Blackwell 14/1

Ian Dowie 14/1

Jim Magilton 14/1

Chris Coleman 16/1

Paul Jewell 16/1

Dean Wikins 16/1

Steve Clarke 16/1

Dennis Wise 16/1

Sven Goran Eriksson 16/1

Alan Curbishley 20/1

Paul Ince 20/1

Gary Megson 20/1

Micky Adams 22/1

Martin O'Neill 25/1

Steve Coppell 25/1

Kevin Keegan 25/1

Chris Wilder 25/1

Alan Knill 28/1

Jim Gannon 28/1

Jeff Kenna 33/1

Dan Petrescu 40/1

Carlton Palmer 66/1

Matthew Le Tissier 100/1

No, sorry, I just do not believe that the three major people running the First Team were at the same place, at the same time, and were involved in the same "incident"

The odds on that are too great IMHO

Yeah, the "three major people running the first team" all being together at the training ground does seem a bit far fetched.

Yeah, the "three major people running the first team" all being together at the training ground does seem a bit far fetched.

Thank you for your cynicism

All three going at the same time, to me, points towards a Planned "sacking"

For example, IF they were involved in a "fracas", it would have to have involved "others"

So why no mention of any "action" against them, or even an acknowledgement that someone else was involved

Or do you think it was just the Top Three of Team just having an argument between themselve

To have a "fight", you need an opponent

If going for a young foreign manager, Petrescu would be an interesting choice.

Although the amount of that chelsea team now managers now makes me feel old. Vialli, Gullit, Hughes, Zola, Poyet, Wise, Petrescu. Anyone else? Let's just appoint Ed de Goey.

Edited by trousers
Trousers is an idiot

Why do people care about the odds. They don't mean anything, they wont tell you who is going to be appointed either. And if anyone replys saying that if odds are getting shorter someone night know something, then just look at when Pardew was appointed last Season and at the time Strachan was 1/5 favourite.

Everyone is getting carried away with rumour and counter-rumour.

The poor second half performance against Orient was the deciding factor, simple. We now know that Marcus was unhappy with AP (and his family would have concurred), and then. in front of the whole family on the sacred day after his memorial service at the match that was intended to honour his memory with a resounding home victory, it all went flat. It would have been the big talking point between NC and Marcus's family over the next few days. AP could not have been sacked so soon after Marcus had passed away and so the date was fixed, whatever the result at Rovers. NC decided a clean sweep was need and so AP's close team went all together. Whatever went on during training was smaller beer because the decision had been made, but did make a convenient excuse. All very tragic.

I know it's not, but that sounds a bit racist! ;-)

I'm basically against Foreign Managers running supposed English Teams, and I am against the mass influx of Foreign players that play for supposed English Teams, so does that make me racist ?, or just that I prefer English Teams to be run by English people, and have English players in them. At present, the ENGLISH PL isn't

For example, the easiest job in the world is being England Manager, you only have circa 30 English players left in the Prem. The Squad forms itself, and yet English people are the first to moan if the England National Team do not perform well

it looks like something happened. We just don't know what.

He wasn't expecting to sack pardew,there was an incident and he had to let him go.....that's why there isn't an instant fix.

No point rushing into appointing his successor,make the wrong choice and this will all be happening again,make the right choice and we will be promoted.

You're reporting that like it's a fact. Unless you know something the rest of us don't, it sounds just like the sort of thing to say to let NC off yet another **** up

The poor second half performance against Orient was the deciding factor, simple. We now know that Marcus was unhappy with AP (and his family would have concurred), and then. in front of the whole family on the sacred day after his memorial service at the match that was intended to honour his memory with a resounding home victory, it all went flat. It would have been the big talking point between NC and Marcus's family over the next few days. AP could not have been sacked so soon after Marcus had passed away and so the date was fixed, whatever the result at Rovers. NC decided a clean sweep was need and so AP's close team went all together. Whatever went on during training was smaller beer because the decision had been made, but did make a convenient excuse. All very tragic.

Give this man a coconut. Time will prove this as the correct reason.

Sounds very plausible. I have rarely been angrier with a Saints performance than the second half of the Orient game. I was so angry I couldnt bring myself on here.

The problem is, this theory breaks down when you consider that the replacement hasnt been identified yet. If the deicision had been made, why are we still waiting ?

If the sacking was pre planned, why did we pull out of the bid for the Coventry winger who's name I have forgotten?

If NC is in charge of transfers as has been rumoured on here, the deal would have gone through in any case regardless if Pardew was here or not if the whole debacle was pre planned.

Sounds very plausible. I have rarely been angrier with a Saints performance than the second half of the Orient game. I was so angry I couldnt bring myself on here.

The problem is, this theory breaks down when you consider that the replacement hasnt been identified yet. If the deicision had been made, why are we still waiting ?

The theory only breaks down if you assume that NC had a plan of what to do after he sacked AP. Doesn't look like he did.

A good theory, but, with respect, a Major Flaw

Had Pardew's departure date had been "fixed" as you suggest, then Cortese would have had time to line up a replacement

He did not do so, and we currently have a "Temp" in charge, whilst Cortese "takes his time"

Therefore I do not wholly concur with your theory

I think your post may be correct, the only problem I have in all this is that we did not replace Antonio or Waigo. Pardew would have known that he needed replacements, why didn't he? Wasn't he allowed to? Again, I'd say that we were and still are a couple of players short of a team that would have got us promotion so I am not sure about the decision itself. It would have been better to have got the players and waited.

I think your post may be correct, the only problem I have in all this is that we did not replace Antonio or Waigo. Pardew would have known that he needed replacements, why didn't he? Wasn't he allowed to? Again, I'd say that we were and still are a couple of players short of a team that would have got us promotion so I am not sure about the decision itself. It would have been better to have got the players and waited.

Perhaps Pardew thought it best to replace loans, with er, some loans?

Seriously! The odds mean nothing. Have you lot still not learnt from the Strachan odds on favourite last year.

In addition to this, the odds are suspended at night, this doesn't mean they know something. If they knew something they would have reported on it and suspended the market all together.

NC statement included the fact we needed continuity so I am not just expecting a manager to get us out of league 1 but also be here when we are in the premiership. Or at least with that in mind. I expect a big name manager (I know we are league 1 but that is what I read into statemant)

Was it NC or ML ?

On the BBC blog by Paul Fletcher he said that ML wanted rid of AP but NC backed AP.

This blog is one of the only media reports that have stated any information about the rumours you heard about APs departure (apart from Martin Samuel in the Mail saying that he had seen a text sent to pardew complaining about Gulys short appearance time against B.Rovers) BUT all your rumours point to NC being the guilty party.

I'm not backing NC in this but would be nice to know that, if the fans/media want to carry on finding scapegoats and potentially damage the club further, we are demonising the right person.