New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

icon1.gif

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by
alpine_saint
viewpost-right.png

Wasnt he the bloke who discovered Boney M and Milli Vanilli ?

Sh*t no, that was Frank Farian.

Then wasnt he the bloke who played the Incredible Hulk in the 70s ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpine resorts to answering his own questions!!!

And no, that's was Lou Ferrigno, or similar - I haven't the motivation to google. Lou Ferrigno is no relation to Lou FerVandross. ;-)

Yes, I think it likely that there will be a press conference at some point in the future at St. Mary's.

But it is categorically untrue that one has been called for 10am on Monday.

How can you find this out? Phone the Southampton FC press office...

Me: Hello, I'm phoning to ask if a press conference has been called for 10am on Monday?

Press officer: No, we haven't convened a press conference at all

Me: Are you certain?

Press officer: Yes

Me: Thank you

Press officer: No problem

I'm still amazed that some people seem to think press conferences are convened in secret. That would be a truly bizarre extension of our media blackout policy...

Of course they're going to tell anybody who calls in, without even a rudimentary check on who they are and why they need to know.

Honestly mate if that 's the best you can come up with, I'd stick to selling balloons in the Above Bar precinct

me to.

will be loads of rumours after Saturday, stewards know all!

Can you PM, I feel left out, and my young kids are starting to turn to a big club all their mates support, asking why we have no manager, you could save them from turning to be Man Utd fans with this piece of news!!

Once again all eyes will be on the royal box to see who's been sneaked in by Snr Cortese for a butcher's.

Last week as some know but many may not it was the Lloyd Webber brothers (FACT by the way) but before rumours spread about takeovers and selecting our team on a TV show, they sat in the 'O's' bit of the box not ours.

Nevertheless, don't be surprised if somebody shows up in a Phantom mask....

Ok guys, I have just received a fax (yes, football clubs still use fax machines) from Nicola Cortese, and it outlines our new manager. I will type it up for you all below:

"Yo Blud,

i is piping u up 2 let u know who i is pickt as new Soton gaffer init. its gona blow ur mind bro. Afta dat muppet Pards wouldn't play me omeboy guly, i fought to myself, why he dissing me, nah mean. all his homies was laffin at me main boi guly n d fact he was propah minging on wknd, wereas we know hes propah sick.

Neway, decided 2 bring in me man RA, yknow, Big Ron A, mainly as he iz propah into d N dubz n Tinie Tempah, n we can mong out in ma big office wid d train art.

Bangin rudey, catch u 2moz at macky D's in the 'Brook wid Deanovski.

Laterz

MC Nicky C. BO!"

So, if I were you lot I would get down your bookies and put all your money on Ron Atkinson.

Ok guys, I have just received a fax (yes, football clubs still use fax machines) from Nicola Cortese, and it outlines our new manager. I will type it up for you all below:

"Yo Blud,

i is piping u up 2 let u know who i is pickt as new Soton gaffer init. its gona blow ur mind bro. Afta dat muppet Pards wouldn't play me omeboy guly, i fought to myself, why he dissing me, nah mean. all his homies was laffin at me main boi guly n d fact he was propah minging on wknd, wereas we know hes propah sick.

Neway, decided 2 bring in me man RA, yknow, Big Ron A, mainly as he iz propah into d N dubz n Tinie Tempah, n we can mong out in ma big office wid d train art.

Laterz

MC Nicky C. BO!"

So, if I were you lot I would get down your bookies and put all your money on Ron Atkinson.

:) :)

Definitely my favourite post of the day (so far)

Of course they're going to tell anybody who calls in, without even a rudimentary check on who they are and why they need to know.

Honestly mate if that 's the best you can come up with, I'd stick to selling balloons in the Above Bar precinct

I've worked in media at a fairly senior level for over a decade, so would say I have at least some idea what I'm talking about.

I can assure you that press conference information (a calling notice or ops note as its called) is made public in 99.999% of cases. This is entirely different to the accreditation you need to get into the press conference. Even in the 0.00001% of exceptions, press officers simply do not tell bare faced lies to callers about rudimentary operational information. they may stonewall, but even that would be exceedingly unusual, and very risky for the press officer's reputation.

It is, by the way, almost impossible to make a "rudimentary check" on who calls in (once you've got through to the press office itself.) Furthermore, once you have issued the calling notice to any media organisation it's essentially public domain material. It is virtually impossible to tell SKY Sports that there is a press conference on Monday at 10am and assume that this information is kept secret. The only security issue is who you let into the press conference itself. You'd often want to exclude members of the public or potential troublemakers and, on occasion, space considerations might mean excluding minor media outlets. Usually though, the challenge for a press officer is the otehr way round (trying to boost attendance - not to cap it).

It is virtually inconceivable - so close to a 0% chance as to make no difference - that a forum member on here would receive a text message from a friend about a press coference taking place on Monday and minutes later the press office themselves would lie completely about the existence of such a press conference to a caller who could be from any media outlet at all.

I can confirm that there has NOT been a press conference called for 10am on Monday (although I suppose it's possible that by an incredible coincidence they will decide to convene a press conference on this day and at this time at a later stage)

I'm happy to receive the benefits of your extensive media management wisdom if you disagree with any of the above, or to clarify any points you didn't understand.

I've worked in media at a fairly senior level for over a decade, so would say I have at least some idea what I'm talking about.

I can assure you that press conference information (a calling notice or ops note as its called) is made public in 99.999% of cases. This is entirely different to the accreditation you need to get into the press conference. Even in the 0.00001% of exceptions, press officers simply do not tell bare faced lies to callers about rudimentary operational information. they may stonewall, but even that would be exceedingly unusual, and very risky for the press officer's reputation.

It is, by the way, almost impossible to make a "rudimentary check" on who calls in (once you've got through to the press office itself.) Furthermore, once you have issued the calling notice to any media organisation it's essentially public domain material. It is virtually impossible to tell SKY Sports that there is a press conference on Monday at 10am and assume that this information is kept secret. The only security issue is who you let into the press conference itself. You'd often want to exclude members of the public or potential troublemakers and, on occasion, space considerations might mean excluding minor media outlets. Usually though, the challenge for a press officer is the otehr way round (trying to boost attendance - not to cap it).

It is virtually inconceivable - so close to a 0% chance as to make no difference - that a forum member on here would receive a text message from a friend about a press coference taking place on Monday and minutes later the press office themselves would lie completely about the existence of such a press conference to a caller who could be from any media outlet at all.

I can confirm that there has NOT been a press conference called for 10am on Monday (although I suppose it's possible that by an incredible coincidence they will decide to convene a press conference on this day and at this time at a later stage)

I'm happy to receive the benefits of your extensive media management wisdom if you disagree with any of the above, or to clarify any points you didn't understand.

you know after all that, the club are bound to call a press conference for mon at 10 Lol, it's Murphys Law

Ok guys, I have just received a fax (yes, football clubs still use fax machines) from Nicola Cortese, and it outlines our new manager. I will type it up for you all

Neway, decided 2 bring in me man RA, yknow, Big Ron A, mainly as he iz propah into d N dubz n Tinie Tempah

Using the information provided here, I think I've cracked it! NC likes to listen to Tiny Tempah, whose hit 'pass out' contains the much quoted line 'been to Southampton but I haven't been to S****horpe.'

Now it's safe to assume that NC likes to have the upperhand, so he must have realised that by going to S****horpe, he was getting one over on mr Tempah.

Not knowing what to do with himself in the grim north, he must have done what he does best, watch some footy. I therefore think it's safe to assume our new manager is definitely going to be Nigel Adkins.

"Yo Blud,

Laterz

MC Nicky C. BO!"

:facepalm: Don't give up your day job.

Using the information provided here' date=' I think I've cracked it! NC likes to listen to Tiny Tempah, whose hit [b']'pass out' [/b]contains the much quoted line 'been to Southampton but I haven't been to S****horpe.'

Now it's safe to assume that NC likes to have the upperhand, so he must have realised that by going to S****horpe, he was getting one over on mr Tempah.

Not knowing what to do with himself in the grim north, he must have done what he does best, watch some footy. I therefore think it's safe to assume our new manager is definitely going to be Nigel Adkins.

"Pards Out" ! shock smiley thing......

How on earth can you say that?

The whole world knows and accepts NC was poised to wield the axe at the season's end and pulled back at the last moment. From that moment on AP was a dead man walking.

Everyone is falling for the spin that there was an incident which is interesting as some of the current players friends of mine have spoken to, know of no incident.

Sorry Duncan but this time I have to disagree,I know you are well connected but I too have a connection that insists there was an incident and pardew was sacked because of it.

Ok,I agree that pardew was a dead man walking from Christmas onwards but if cortese really wanted to get rid of him he would have done it at the end of the season not after a few games of the start of the new season....it doesn't make sense!

My information comes from a player via a journalist,I have no reason to think he is lying and although he doesn't feed me much info he is nearly always right.

Sorry Duncan but this time I have to disagree,I know you are well connected but I too have a connection that insists there was an incident and pardew was sacked because of it.

Ok,I agree that pardew was a dead man walking from Christmas onwards but if cortese really wanted to get rid of him he would have done it at the end of the season not after a few games of the start of the new season....it doesn't make sense!

My information comes from a player via a journalist,I have no reason to think he is lying and although he doesn't feed me much info he is nearly always right.

Strange my info came via a current player too!

I was warned last Monday morning to standby for some anti-Pardew spinning, and I didn't have to wait long which is why I am sceptical. If the sacking came out of the blue I would be inclined to agree with you but as it has been on the breeze since the spring, this "incident" is just a little too convenient.

I suppose it depends how much you trust this journalist, I suppose it is conceivable that one player might know more than another but that would not say much for a united dressing room.

Adkins would be a good choice.

Adkins could be great. The only thing that worries me is that the Scunny setup seems very small, with everything necessarily done on the cheap. Saints would be a much bigger club in terms of complexity, pressure, numbers of staff, bigger egos to contend with. I think hed need a good older DoF to guide him.

Edited by buctootim