New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

Lol, FF has more contacts, sources and credibility than you xousl ever imagine!

He might know a few but he is still totally unreliable. Anything he does hear is twisted to suit he own anti-Cortese agenda. FF and quite a few others need to get over the fact that MLT and his Pinnacle Portakabin Cowboys failed. Get over it. No jobs for the boys,no fansontheboard , no parochial under-achieving local club they can worm thier way into.......

Not wishing to state the obvious just because Adkins is great at S****horpe it does not necessarily follow he'll be fantastic at Southampton likewise one of so called 'crap' managers who are supposedly in the frame could have been dreadful in their last two jobs and be absolutely fantastic here.

For goodness sake anyone who has followed professional football for at least three or four years should be able to see this.

Phil Brown or Paul Hart could be great here but personally I'd like it to be Nigel Adkins

He might know a few but he is still totally unreliable. Anything he does hear is twisted to suit he own anti-Cortese agenda. FF and quite a few others need to get over the fact that MLT and his Pinnacle Portakabin Cowboys failed. Get over it. No jobs for the boys,no fansontheboard , no parochial under-achieving local club they can worm thier way into.......

Nutshell.

But he did predict Pardew's sacking.

no he didnt.It was fairly common knowledge that Pardew would go if he didnt hit certain targets but no-one saw Pardew getting sacked this week.

Yes he did - FF said Pardew would get sacked before Christmas regardless of results, he got slated for it, and Pardew got sacked two days after a thumping 4-0 victory. If it was "common knowledge" FF wouldn't have got the slating he got when he passed on his info.

I hear it's someone with a cap.

Tony Pulis?! Was linked before and fits with the (somewhat bizarre) rumour of applications from Premier League managers. He also seems to be the only person who seems to be able to move his son on from a club...

EDIT - also fits with the poster who speculated the chosen one had a 5 letter name.

Tony Pulis?! Was linked before and fits with the (somewhat bizarre) rumour of applications from Premier League managers. He also seems to be the only person who seems to be able to move his son on from a club...

EDIT - also fits with the poster who speculated the chosen one had a 5 letter name.

***** has in principal agreed. Negotations on-going.

This post.

Forget who you want as manager for a minute.

Who do you see in your (realistic) minds eye stood there in the dug out?

For some reason I cannot imagine any of the names being mentioned managing saints. I've tried and it just aint happening.

Who can you picture then? Personally I wouldn't have pictured Alan Pardew on the touchline before it actually was announced.

Who can you picture then? Personally I wouldn't have pictured Alan Pardew on the touchline before it actually was announced.

NC confuses me. He demands instant success and wants to do it in style the Southampton Way. To me this can only be acheived by selecting a manager with a proven track record in producing results and in a certain style.

The likes of Howe and Adkins etc, although doing very well atm and producing the style of football that presumerably NC wants, these guys are relatively inexperience with no top flight credentials. Although it might just work if one of these guys were selected, it would be a huge gamble and one that I cannot imagine NC taking.

I cannot imagine NC being tempted by the likes of Brown, Dowie etc, they for me do not fit NC's criteria.

That is why I am struggling envisaging the next manager.

The problem there is, I've seen comments saying if we believe ML completely wanted Pardew to stay then we need help, and this one saying if we believe ML wanted to sack him, we need help.

What should I believe in order to avoid professional help?

I often think that coming on this forum is justification enough for seeking professional help ;)