New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

If it's Adkins, Hart, Howe or Tisdale then clearly that is a step backwards imo.

Zola, MON, Curbs, Hoddle is a step forward.

Coleman, Ince, Dowie are on a level with Pards imo.

The decision will tell us alot about Cortese's ambition.

Both Adkins and Tisdale would be better appointments than either Ince or Dowie, no doubts about that.

If it's Adkins, Hart, Howe or Tisdale then clearly that is a step backwards imo.

Zola, MON, Curbs, Hoddle is a step forward.

Coleman, Ince, Dowie are on a level with Pards imo.

The decision will tell us alot about Cortese's ambition.

If Dowie was Pards level im glad he was sacked

None of us know how well any manager will do, proven or otherwise. Circumstance and blind luck / good fortune often dictates the success of managers, right place / right time or wrong place / wrong time it's in the lap of the gods. Strachan for example, Crap at Coventry fantastic for us. Whoever it is will have the resources at their disposal to make a proper fist of it. My preference as far as a manager goes would be Mowbray, as his teams seem to play good attractive football, whether that would breed success is anyones guess!

Mowbray may well be a very good candidate. However, talking with my Baggies supporting brother-in-law his comment was that "If Saints appointed Mowbray we'd play nice attractive football, but let in lots of goals...."

Having the four best attacking players in this division won't be a problem as I can't see our defence letting in too many.

Mowbray may well be a very good candidate. However, talking with my Baggies supporting brother-in-law his comment was that "If Saints appointed Mowbray we'd play nice attractive football, but let in lots of goals...."

That's the other thing people don't take into account when looking at managers though... These are intelligent people, it's quite possible that Mowbray could have learned from his past mistakes.

I know when I go into a new job I make bloody sure I don't just repeat any mistakes I made in the last one.

In terms of how long Saints will take to make an appointment,I heard an interesting discussion about the Villa job on the radio the other day.

It was suggested that Lerner is not just sifting/interviewing potential candidates but using techniques from the business world to identify managers suitable to be considered.One technique was drawing up psychological profiles of candidates etc.

Given NC's previous business life,what is the likelihood that a similar excercise might be going on at Saints ?

(Probably get a more insightful view of the candidates from reading this board though).

In terms of how long Saints will take to make an appointment,I heard an interesting discussion about the Villa job on the radio the other day.

It was suggested that Lerner is not just sifting/interviewing potential candidates but using techniques from the business world to identify managers suitable to be considered.One technique was drawing up psychological profiles of candidates etc.

Given NC's previous business life,what is the likelihood that a similar excercise might be going on at Saints ?

I damn well hope he is, Badger, because fitting in with a wide variety of people (ranging from Cortese himself to the players and on into the Staplewood staff) is absolutely critical to success.

It was (allegedly) Pardew's inability to maintain those relationships that supposedly sat at the heart of the rationale for his dismissal.

The Academy is a vital component of Cortese's "five year plan", and the first team manager will need to fully respect that. And "respect" means not only understanding and supporting what they're doing, but also embracing the best youngsters into the first team squad when the time is right. Not necessarily playing them ( until they're ready ) but helping them to be ready for their next step.

This wasn't Harry's bag at all, and I'm not sure it was Pardew's. However, it will need to be part of the game plan from Day One for the new guy if he's to succeed here.

That will rule out a number of potential candidates (more the "old guard") and tip the scales in favour of the "new breed" and the Europeans.

I sure as hell hope that they're defining a profile or else we'll be back in the same situation again soon.

Tony Mowbray is definitely my choice. I watched West Brom several times under him and the team was so fast flowing and exciting. On the note about shipping goals, West Brom never really had a decent defence under Mowbray. He also likes to have a fairly young squad so this may well work well with the whole academy situation.

At this moment it is not Howe.

What is the fuss about Mowbray? God he sends you to sleep, and his PL experience is relegation.

Shearer has the respect of many in the game and a big name to get people to look up. As long as he doesnt bring Dowie,Lol

Oneill is surely too much of a loose cannon, and wouldn't tow the line.

Zola is a gentleman and good to his word. The world of football likes him and would be the good side of SFC showing through again. NC would know that if he gave his word he would keep to it. A rare thing in football , a man of integrity.

The christian Gross thing is also interesting.

I've also heard a rumour that one of the reasons that Christian Gross is set to became Saints manager is because he is related to the Liebherr family through marriage.

It beggars belief that we would sack someone of Pardew's caliber in LEAGUE ONE... and not have someone decent lined up. What a total joke. Every season something **** has to happen doesn't it... /facepalm

If he didn't have someone lined up, it is likely this sacking has been caused by an event. As we do not know the seriousness of this event, we can not really criticise the decision in this way.

If he didn't have someone lined up, it is likely this sacking has been caused by an event. As we do not know the seriousness of this event, we can not really criticise the decision in this way.

couldnt he just have given him a final written warning or something ffs?

That's the other thing people don't take into account when looking at managers though... These are intelligent people, it's quite possible that Mowbray could have learned from his past mistakes.

I know when I go into a new job I make bloody sure I don't just repeat any mistakes I made in the last one.

Thank you and Goodnight Gordon Brown

It beggars belief that we would sack someone of Pardew's caliber in LEAGUE ONE... and not have someone decent lined up. What a total joke. Every season something **** has to happen doesn't it... /facepalm

He wasn't expecting to sack pardew,there was an incident and he had to let him go.....that's why there isn't an instant fix.

No point rushing into appointing his successor,make the wrong choice and this will all be happening again,make the right choice and we will be promoted.

He wasn't expecting to sack pardew,there was an incident and he had to let him go.....that's why there isn't an instant fix.

No point rushing into appointing his successor,make the wrong choice and this will all be happening again,make the right choice and we will be promoted.

How on earth can you say that?

The whole world knows and accepts NC was poised to wield the axe at the season's end and pulled back at the last moment. From that moment on AP was a dead man walking.

Everyone is falling for the spin that there was an incident which is interesting as some of the current players friends of mine have spoken to, know of no incident.