Rumours of Saints player being arrested after trouble?

Tractor_Saint

never mind him, we got a witch-hunt going down and our striker is the witch.

This will never be confirmed in a court of law as football clubs ALWAYS do deals out of court and very speedily.

Money will change hands no matter what the club decide to do internally. Or maybe Cortese doesn't work like that, maybe he'll say tough, you are on your own. Fear not the club's lawyers are already on the case. I may or may not be ITK

Marlon King, Nthan dyer, BWP and Lee huges all went to court didn't they?

never mind him, we got a witch-hunt going down and our striker is the witch.

This will never be confirmed in a court of law as football clubs ALWAYS do deals out of court and very speedily.

Money will change hands no matter what the club decide to do internally. Or maybe Cortese doesn't work like that, maybe he'll say tough, you are on your own. Fear not the club's lawyers are already on the case. I may or may not be ITK

Yeah right. If you believe that then you are living in the past - I think you'll find that the days of 'brown paper bags' are history. Gone is the 'wide boy' attitude of the 70's 'fix it crews' like the Sweeney and Minder.

Quite simply, if there is a case to answer in a court of law - it is very probable that it will be heard in a court of law.

Im sure the media would be quick to pick this story up. even from this site. I do not have a clue if it is true or not

for your sake Kaiser you better hope what you have said is true other wise a member of the old bill will be serving you a writ for libel?

That would be a civil case and I doubt that the police would be involved.

Marlon King, Nthan dyer, BWP and Lee huges all went to court didn't they?

Did the club not try to approach the girl involved? I'm not saying that they did, I am merely asking. If not then I would agree that that disproves my point, apologies.

Can I ask if the various confirmations above are "Yeah, I was there and I heard it was Barnard" or are they "I saw it happen, it was definitely Barnard"

Because the first could be the result of a rumour spreading in a pub. Big Dave Watson says above that his mate was told it was Barnard by a cop, who for instance could have been wrong or taking the **** or whatever... and it definitely would have spread around the pub from there.

I'm not accusing anybody of telling porky pies, I'm just saying this could just be a rumour that got out of hand, and all the confirmations could have come from that.

and to clarify myself, RL never attended a police station last year and no-one got a kebab thrown at them by a saints player and david Speedie never had a scrap in a channel island hotel and no girl ever got assaulted many years ago ona pre-season trip to Denmark (or whatever country it didn't happen in).

Yep, I am definitley living in the past if I thought that those instances ever took place.

I've been to the Whitehouse once, been in a fight once. It does bad things to you that place, full of pikey scum who try to start fights at any slight altercation. Seems like Barnard has had the same experience.

Always thought they should lace the drinks in there with Aids. Would remove a lot of unwanted DNA from the gene pool.

I've been to the Whitehouse once, been in a fight once. It does bad things to you that place, full of pikey scum who try to start fights at any slight altercation. Seems like Barnard has had the same experience.

Always thought they should lace the drinks in there with Aids. Would remove a lot of unwanted DNA from the gene pool.

With your 100% fight rate there, are you one of the pikey scum?

My last post on the matter. There was an altercation as the guy who got hit with the bottle (resulting in lots of claret) slipped going down the stairs (i've never been there, so don't know what the layout is like) and was trying to apologize when the saints player just flipped. My friend was a couple of steps behind. He only realised it was a saints player when he was being interviewed by the police and the copper told him who it was, obviously after it all kicked off.

When the full facts come out, I cant see this guy playing for Saints again, which will be a big loss to the team, but will be what he deserves from what I know.

Well the only good thing now is that if a copper told him, identification evidence will now be argued by the defence as inadmissable due to the fact that WAS it Lee, or as the police revealing it was/might be him colour peoples memories as to who was actually involved. PACE does make a big statement about identification evidence.

If it did happen though, the press IS awfully silent

and to clarify myself, RL never attended a police station last year and no-one got a kebab thrown at them by a saints player and david Speedie never had a scrap in a channel island hotel and no girl ever got assaulted many years ago ona pre-season trip to Denmark (or whatever country it didn't happen in).

Yep, I am definitley living in the past if I thought that those instances ever took place.

Errrr look or read again - it's not the instances that I am doubting. It's your assumptions on how they will be (or by you logic, will not be) dealt with by the powers that be.

Lock him up and throw away the key if he's bottled someone. Anyone who'd do this is scum.

Yeah right. So according to the Echo 20 men are involved. How do you KNOW that 19 did not attack him with bottles and he defended himself.

To assume makes an ass of many many people.

It doesn't SOUND good but then seeing as there are many people out there spreading other types of nasty rumours about the club who have an agenda. Well done for signing up to them so quickly

Posters must be careful not to undertake an internet witch hunt. Let us not forget "innocent until proved guilty" applies in the UK.

If you did not see the incident you cannot know the sequence of events or what really happened. If you did see it, you should be talking to the police, not reliving the evidence on here.

Let the police conduct their enquiries and if there is a case to answer let the courts hear the evidence and pass judgement.

Yeah right. So according to the Echo 20 men are involved. How do you KNOW that 19 did not attack him with bottles and he defended himself.

It doesn't SOUND good but then seeing as there are many people out there spreading other types of nasty rumours about the club who have an agenda. Well done for signing up to them so quickly

Turns out the bloke that was bottled was a friend of a friend. I am pretty certain that nobody was innocent, but, anybody who (sober or drunk) thinks its ok to pick up a bottle to use as a weapon is a total ***t.

A close mate of mine has permanent facial scars from somebody behaving just like Barnard.

That being said, people do makes mistakes, how he reacts will say a lot about his character.

Your right. It was like a scene from 300. Barney took on all comers. Hero.

Turns out the bloke that was bottled was a friend of a friend. I am pretty certain that nobody was innocent, but, anybody who (sober or drunk) thinks its ok to pick up a bottle to use as a weapon is a total ***t.

A close mate of mine has permanent facial scars from somebody behaving just like Barnard.

That being said, people do makes mistakes, how he reacts will say a lot about his character.

Did he behave like that or was it alledged that he behaved like that? Or, are you pre-judging him?