Jack Cork

RedAndWhite91

Thought this deserved a thread of it's own, and couldn't find another one, so...

It is understood we've had a bid accepted for Jack Cork.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9058886.Chelsea_accept_bids_for_Burnley_target_Cork/?ref=rss

"It is Blackpool and Southampton, though, who are understood to have stolen a march on the Clarets by having bids accepted by Chelsea, who are said to have lowered their demands and are reported to want around £750,000."

Thoughts?

Would be an excellent signing and good intent by NC and NA. I've got a feeling he'll go to Burnley though if he's settled there, unless he wants to stay in easy reach of London. Did anyone see the Blackburn fan's comment below that he'd emailed us and Blackpool about Jay Rodriguez - made me laugh.

Surely we have to be more appealing than Blackpool and Burnley?

If rumours are true that Swansea could be interested then I could easily see him choosing Premier League football over anything else. Who wouldn't?

Good player though, would be a fine addition.

Edited by RedAndWhite91

Nigel Adkins gave him his first extended run of first team football while he was on loan at Sc.unthorpe, and of course he knows the club from a spell back in the dark times.

We must surely be appealling to him. A player who most definitely fits the bill of being able to grow with the club. Fingers crossed.

I'd imagine Burnley are favourites, but I'd love him to sign for us.

Fantastic player, with bags of experience at this level.

I bet that we will offer him more money than Burnley. I guess that it depends whetehr he wants to live up norff or down south.

Mind you, if Swansea are after him, i bet that is where he will end up.

Which one are offering him the most money?

All your base are belong to us?

No idea. Considering how we have operated in signing Lambert and Fonte I would expect us to be offering him excellent terms..... assuming he has opened talks after the offer.

Sorry, the use of 'are' in Cricketphilly's post reminded me of that old internet meme.

I can understand why it would be a little over some people's heads.

Sorry Colin, you've lost me again!

I take the point we may have offered great terms, but I would imagine players tend to go to the club paying the most.

Hopefully he will choose us over Blackpool and Burnley. I'm sure if Swansea are interested they will get him as they can offer premiership football.

Leaving aside parachute payments we could afford, based on crowds, to offer more, but if Swansea are interested.... Mind you, if they were wouldn't they too already have made an offer to Chelsea?

Cork was a very decent player in a pretty dire side - losing him at Xmas to Watford (?) on loan left us struggling to fill the gap. Hard-working, a good passer and defensively shrewd with a bit of creativity, would be a perfect Championship / Prem signing with room to improve and make his mark.

not sure he 'beat' Lallana into the team.....hardly the same positions

I didn't mean beat directly, more that he was deemed good enough to make the 23 man squad and Lallana wasn't. I'm not even saying Cork is better than Lallana or vice versa, just using it to answer the question of how good Cork is, being in the squad for England gives an indication of his quality.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Christ. She is hideous.

If this is the kind of decision making he is taking these days, what is he going to be like on the pitch? Lambert will be clean through and onside and he'll elect to play it back to the keeper.

Superb signing if we can pull it off although the fact that we're hearing about it suggests that it's speculation...Cortese & Co signings tend to be just that by the time we hear about them.

He played some nice football with Surman & Lallana back in the dark days...I can remember fantasising that they would make up the England midfield some day...sigh!