Jack Cork

RedAndWhite91

So what if he wasn't impressive today. Just who do some of you think we are? He would be an outstanding signing. How can any club in the Championship turn their noses up at a player of this calibre? Some of you with stupidly high expectations are going to be sorely disappointed this coming season, I can see it now.

'Expectations' should be sky high if yours aren't go support a team with very low expectations. This chairman, manager and suporters are ambitious - join in or go and support Eastleigh is my advice. Winners have high expectations - loosers don't.

This summer we should be looking to bring in a couple of very good players, they don't have to well known or expensive - just very good. We are not 'any club' in the championship. Your low ambition is not aligned with this club - catch up!

Spoke to someone who was at the game today who had a ''Source'' - apparently we didn't have a bid accepted (there was contact with chelsea and his agent) but we weren't happy paying 750k, so it's not going to happen.

That is something I find surprising to be honest.

The OS has a gallery of pictures from todays Under 21. There are 38 pictures with about 5 featuring Jack Cork as he only played one half is this another tease or a message?

Most probably just a little bit of fun from the club to get fans talking.

I still remember their "Taking Stock" article while we were being strongly linked with Brian Stock. I actually thought we got him, but it was just something about the megastore.

I still remember their "Taking Stock" article while we were being strongly linked with Brian Stock. I actually thought we got him, but it was just something about the megastore.

That was so cruel, yet rather funny in it's way. :)

There are even rumours that he was playing out of the home dressing room at St Mary's. What utter tripe.

there is no way anyone can top a dis that involves the words 'utter tripe'

and even if he does sign he will be 'utter tripe' until he proves otherwise

there is no way anyone can top a dis that involves the words 'utter tripe'

and even if he does sign he will be 'utter tripe' until he proves otherwise

Someone will, just you wait. ;)

Edited by Colinjb

Source? Or just a hunch?

Heard it myself from someone who told me about Guly and Forte not sure I am overjoyed with Cork arriving

However if Morgan is off then it is probably a good signing just think we need an experienced CM to play with Morgan

Heard it myself from someone who told me about Guly and Forte not sure I am overjoyed with Cork arriving

However if Morgan is off then it is probably a good signing just think we need an experienced CM to play with Morgan

Why are you not happy? who would you like instead?

Why are you not happy? who would you like instead?

Don't worry about what others think!

It's really down to those that know the inside and outside of football who's opinion counts and that's Adkins.

IMHO he wants to play a style that allows our players to all get forward with darting runs leaving a holding player back (Cork) with the two centre backs in support then good, I love that.

We would have two wing backs tearing forward, three midfielders giving us options with the strikers moving off in angles for scoring opportunities.

The Southampton Style?

you bet!

Why wouldn't you be overjoyed John? He's one of the most saught after players in the Championship and he'd probably walk into 90% of the teams.

He'd be a statement signing and is young enough to make the move to the premiership with us too. Would be extatic.

Let's hope what I heard y/day was a load of rubbish! (with us not willing to pay the fee)

Don't worry about what others think!

It's really down to those that know the inside and outside of football who's opinion counts and that's Adkins.

IMHO he wants to play a style that allows our players to all get forward with darting runs leaving a holding player back (Cork) with the two centre backs in support then good, I love that.

We would have two wing backs tearing forward, three midfielders giving us options with the strikers moving off in angles for scoring opportunities.

The Southampton Style?

you bet!

Yes! I like this.......

Why wouldn't you be overjoyed John? He's one of the most saught after players in the Championship and he'd probably walk into 90% of the teams.

He'd be a statement signing and is young enough to make the move to the premiership with us too. Would be extatic.

Let's hope what I heard y/day was a load of rubbish! (with us not willing to pay the fee)

Of course if we did not have Morgan I would be delighted but we do have him and I think he needs to play with a top quality experienced CM not Jack Cork

Of course if we did not have Morgan I would be delighted but we do have him and I think he needs to play with a top quality experienced CM not Jack Cork

Jack Cork was a top quality CM last year for Burnley - was their POTS.

He's the perfect partner for Morgan IMO - if anything it would allow us to be more expressive, as Pichards said above.

Jack Cork was a top quality CM last year for Burnley - was their POTS.

He's the perfect partner for Morgan IMO - if anything it would allow us to be more expressive, as Pichards said above.

Just think it is going to be similar to Gerrard and Lampard with England

4 seasons of experience on loan in the Championship and being the standout player in his team for most of it. Aged 21 and costing £750k sounds pretty good to me. If you can shed light on who else is youthful, proven, what we want/need and value for money, maybe you should be cheif scout.

I think Burnley used him as a box to box midfielder, but his versatility could come in useful when we play different types of opposition or to cover injuries

Where did you hear Morgan might be off?

4 seasons of experience on loan in the Championship and being the standout player in his team for most of it. Aged 21 and costing £750k sounds pretty good to me. If you can shed light on who else is youthful, proven, what we want/need and value for money, maybe you should be cheif scout.

I think Burnley used him as a box to box midfielder, but his versatility could come in useful when we play different types of opposition or to cover injuries

Where did you hear Morgan might be off?

Can't see Morgan leaving this summer, in January perhaps if he gets messed around again

by NA, think he was pretty furax about getting dropped when he was on international duty

last year.He'll be able to negociate as a free agent from January onwards, well at least he can start talking to other clubs about the 2012/13 season then anyway.

Even playing out of position he looked unambitious and most of his passing was safety first sideways and back. There is no way he could play in the same midfield as Schneiderlin. Chaplow maybe, but he looks like he is still an unambitious defensive midfielder which we don't need. We do need a driver in midfield that will make us play.

Even playing out of position he looked unambitious and most of his passing was safety first sideways and back. There is no way he could play in the same midfield as Schneiderlin. Chaplow maybe, but he looks like he is still an unambitious defensive midfielder which we don't need. We do need a driver in midfield that will make us play.

Have you watched these?

He was a box to box central midfielder for Burnley in his 18 months there, both in the Premier League and top half of the Championship.

Every touch of the ball he has in two games, one in the Premier League 2009/10 and one in the Championship 2010/11...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdMhFjcjGO8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNvOJ3Kqd6c&feature=related

Edited by Matthew Le God

It was half a game playing out of position. He is one of the top midfielders in the npc and young so can only improve. Anyone who wouldn't want him needs their judgement questioned. Having said that you think Davis was one of the worst keepers in league one so I think that says it all.

Out of interest, much attacking play did Pearce tell Cork to do considering we were two nil up when the substitution was made?

The Euro U21 tournament will be a much better indicator really, let's see how he gets on, don't know how much game time he'll get though.If he has a good Euro then everybody will be falling over themselves to give Chelsea 750K for him and he'll be able to negociate a really good deal for himself, or rather his agent will.Still think he'll stay at Burnley myself.

It was half a game playing out of position. He is one of the top midfielders in the npc and young so can only improve. Anyone who wouldn't want him needs their judgement questioned. Having said that you think Davis was one of the worst keepers in league one so I think that says it all.

Another over reaction from you. Has it never occurred to you that there is always room for other opinions. I don't rate Davis although the coaching he is getting is showing some improvement, as for Cork, he will more than likely go somewhere else and in any event would need to show a lot more than he did yesterday.

Out of interest, much attacking play did Pearce tell Cork to do considering we were two nil up when the substitution was made?

Our left back didn't seem to be stopped from attacking and how would I know? Do you?

'Expectations' should be sky high if yours aren't go support a team with very low expectations. This chairman, manager and suporters are ambitious - join in or go and support Eastleigh is my advice. Winners have high expectations - loosers don't.

This summer we should be looking to bring in a couple of very good players, they don't have to well known or expensive - just very good. We are not 'any club' in the championship. Your low ambition is not aligned with this club - catch up!

While I agree with you, broadly speaking, there is a problem when high expectations tip over into unrealistic expectations and players get abused because they are not Messi (Lallana excepted of course ;) )

Another over reaction from you. Has it never occurred to you that there is always room for other opinions. I don't rate Davis although the coaching he is getting is showing some improvement, as for Cork, he will more than likely go somewhere else and in any event would need to show a lot more than he did yesterday.

Of course, but your comments are excessively harsh and fly in the face of the available evidence. If cork was as poor as you claim then he would not be as highly sought after as he is, but you probably know better than most npc managers because you have a coaching badge.

Of course, but your comments are excessively harsh and fly in the face of the available evidence. If cork was as poor as you claim then he would not be as highly sought after as he is, but you probably know better than most npc managers because you have a coaching badge.

Another catty post. At least I've bothered to learn something about the structure of the game to base my opinions on. I also respect other opinions even if I disagree with them, you just spout your opinions as fact with little or no respect for anybody, which is why you get little respect from others.

Is derry a good coach?

Not sure but even a bad one could see that cork wasn't good on sunday.

Shame he played there tbh. Would have been nice to have assessed him as a midfielder.

Another catty post. At least I've bothered to learn something about the structure of the game to base my opinions on. I also respect other opinions even if I disagree with them, you just spout your opinions as fact with little or no respect for anybody, which is why you get little respect from others.

Whereas I am basing my opinion that cork is a cracking npc player on the fact that he is highly sort after, proven at this level and is young so will most likely get better. My opinion is not fact as you claim but it is backed up with a heck of a lot of evidence. What are you basing your contrary opinion on? Other than one half of football out of position and your own expertise I mean.

Whereas I am basing my opinion that cork is a cracking npc player on the fact that he is highly sort after, proven at this level and is young so will most likely get better. My opinion is not fact as you claim but it is backed up with a heck of a lot of evidence. What are you basing your contrary opinion on? Other than one half of football out of position and your own expertise I mean.

I take it you got to a few burnley games last season then?

How do you define 'experienced'? Would it be a 35 year old ex-Premier League midfielder who is slowly working his way down the leagues?

Jack Cork is only 21, but he has played in the Premier League, has represented England at every level from U.16s to U.21s, and made 40 Championship appearances last season alone. He is sought after by a number of clubs, and highly rated. Rightly so.

If I had to choose between an old experienced player or a highly rated young player, I wouldn't need to even think about it.

I don't think experience comes into it, if you're good enough, then you're good enough. Cork is good enough IMO.

I take it you got to a few burnley games last season then?

TBF the majority of Burnley's fanbase were of the opinion that he was their POTS last year.

I have no idea why we're debating if Jack Cork is good enough for us, when he clearly would walk into our team.