Jack Cork

RedAndWhite91

I did begin the post with "I think", so i would have thought it was obvious that I didn't have exact figures. They were the broadly accepted conclusions at the time and there's no published figures to confirm or debunk them as far as I know.

My point exactly!

I thought Cortese was pretty clear and concise in that we have NO debt. Liebherr's don't work in debt. Self sufficient, high standard facilities and professionally run club. A far cry from our past self-serving Chairmen. It's actually weird going into transfer windows feeling excited, knowing that football decisions made are as good as can be expected and not ridiculous decisions made by idiotic pig farmers with ZERO knowledge on football yet arrogance to believe they know more than life-long professionals.

Professional FC. I am hoping Adkins can attract some quality this season/promotion push since his reputation has been good this season but equally important is a manager's rep. in attracting the quality footballers, something we have yet to see from pre-season. Pardew wasted the last pre season/opening campaign (I believe setting us up to fail to egostistically enhance his own rep. to the detriment of the club) and it is way too long since we got off to a good start so I am nervous and hopeful we finally beat that trend. We've certainly ironed out many repeated patterns of failure but the catalyst for that repeated failure was mainly 2 Chairmen and their decisions (Lowe and prior) and we seem to be a far cry from those lowly days.

COYS

My point exactly!

So we'll tell the Burnley fans we didn't do it, despite it being the accepted course of events at the time, because nobody published the figures confirming it. I'm sure that will satisfy them ;)

Instead we wrote off an unspecified amount of debt.

We could sign Cork for an undisclosed fee as well.

Any way, third post, I'm off.

http://twitter.com/#!/tomhop_people/status/79689931349438464

Steph Toman

@tomhop_people Hmm, doesn't sound like Jack Cork is coming back to St Mary's then...

1 hour ago

in reply to @Steph_Toman ↑

Tom Hopkinson

@Steph_Toman Cork-less St Mary's next season I'm afraid

1 hour ago via Mobile Web Favorite Retweet Reply

does putting it here make it easier to follow the rumours? ;)

If anyone wants to question why some people are complaining about the lack of signings so far - this is why; that the longer you wait the less choice you have as targets are picked off by other clubs. For Saints to be serious about competing at the top of the NpC the club needs players of the same calibre as those being signed by West Ham and others.

Maybe the 5-year plan includes 2 or 3 years in the Championship

If anyone wants to question why some people are complaining about the lack of signings so far - this is why; that the longer you wait the less choice you have as targets are picked off by other clubs. For Saints to be serious about competing at the top of the NpC the club needs players of the same calibre as those being signed by West Ham and others.

I'd say the 5 year plan accommodates for 2 years in the Championship, but no more.

As I keep pointing out though, the league position of the team is only one aspect of the 5 year plan - this is highlighted by Cortese saying we were actually ahead of schedule half way through last season.

I sometimes wonder if our mask of secrecy is a smokescreen to hide our incapacity to quickly wrap up targets.

CMS was a prime example last January. We dillied and dallied for 3 weeks after agreeing a fee with P'boro, as a result his value was re-accessed by his club when they realised other clubs were interested

I sometimes wonder if our mask of secrecy is a smokescreen to hide our incapacity to quickly wrap up targets.

CMS was a prime example last January. We dillied and dallied for 3 weeks after agreeing a fee with P'boro, as a result his value was re-accessed by his club when they realised other clubs were interested

You are not alone in this theory.

How do you know this? I wasn't aware we'd put in any bid for CMS...

How do you know this? I wasn't aware we'd put in any bid for CMS...

pat also is certain that martin o'neil was wanting to manage us in the 3rd division. yep, just waiting for the call...despite walking away from his job because they could not complete (only just) with the top 4 in the prem..but was wanting a division 3 job..

rubbish

You don't have to operate behind a veil of secrecy to cock up transfers. That's more likely done in the glare of the publicity.

Disappointing if we don't get him. I really want us to sign someone of quality because it will really give an indication of what type of signings we are going to get. Spending spree of the first year of this regime? Or frees, low fees and loans of last season.

- Is £450k a "low fee" for a League One right back?

- How do you know how much Guly cost? It was undisclosed.

- Dickson's fee went to a tribunal, and he cost less for that reason. Had Saints wanted to buy him any other time he would have cost a lot more than the tribunal fee.

- Tying Lallana to a 4.5 year deal wouldn't be cheap with raised wages, signing on fee and agent fee.

- Do you know how much Forte cost? It probably was cheap, but as it was undisclosed we don't know.

- Although Chaplow was apparently only £50k, he'd be on good wages, signing on fee and agent fee.

On top of all of that, in the summer of 2010 not a lot needed to be added in any case, as the nucleus of a very good League One team was already in place.

- Is £450k a "low fee" for a League One right back?

- How do you know how much Guly cost? It was undisclosed.

- Dickson's fee went to a tribunal, and he cost less for that reason. Had Saints wanted to buy him any other time he would have cost a lot more than the tribunal fee.

- Tying Lallana to a 4.5 year deal wouldn't be cheap with raised wages, signing on fee and agent fee.

- Do you know how much Forte cost? It probably was cheap, but as it was undisclosed we don't know.

- Although Chaplow was apparently only £50k, he'd be on good wages, signing on fee and agent fee.

On top of all of that, in the summer of 2010 not a lot needed to be added in any case, as the nucleus of a very good League One team was already in place.

I haven't read what you have posted but I know what you have said because you have said it hundreds of times. I've outlined my position and why we spent significantly less on players and wages this year than our first year. No matter what you say, the transfers this summer will be a big indication as to our financial situation.

Spend big now! Can only spend what you earn soon.......get the advantage now!!

We have loadsa money £££££ €€€€€ $$$$$

Or do we..............?

If we have less cash than before then it makes sense to go down the frees/loans option. If we want to really compete then we need to bring in some proven championship performers which won't be cheap. We need to spend some cash this summer and if we go for the cheap options, it will be a big indicator as to our financial situation.

If we have less cash than before then it makes sense to go down the frees/loans option. If we want to really compete then we need to bring in some proven championship performers which won't be cheap. We need to spend some cash this summer and if we go for the cheap options, it will be a big indicator as to our financial situation.

The types of player rather than the fee is a bigger indicator! Could add 3 or 4 very good players for free, but high wages