Jack Cork

RedAndWhite91

Cork is a solid receive and pass CM and yes in a similar vein to MS. Cork is also versatile which adds value to the squad.

The real difference maker, however, would be Danns. Pace, skill, delivery, set pieces, goals ... this is the attacking piece we are desperately missing and NC should let bygones be bygones and make it happen.

Of course, it would be handy to have Cork in CM to give Danns the ball ...

Cork is a better player than Danns and has more room to improve. I would rather a Schneiderlin/Cork than a Schneiderlin/Danns CM partnership especially with all the attacking options around them.

Well personally I rate Jack Cork that highly that I don't think £15k pw would be unreasonable. Let's not forget he would be turning down clubs with parachute payments still coming in and most likely Premiership clubs to come here - we'd need to offer above the norm.

Well personally I rate Jack Cork that highly that I don't think £15k pw would be unreasonable. Let's not forget he would be turning down clubs with parachute payments still coming in and most likely Premiership clubs to come here - we'd need to offer above the norm.

Exactly, for example "poor" Pompey have Nugent, Kitson and Lawerence all on huge wages £15k+.

I would imagine a number of Saints players had promotion clauses in their contracts that mean they are getting towards(ish) the £15k p/w figure, from the approx £9k p/w in League One. I'd guess Lambert, Fonte and Lallana would be getting near those figures now that Saints are in the Championship.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Exactly, for example "poor" Pompey have Nugent, Kitson and Lawerence all on huge wages £15k+.

I would imagine a number of Saints players had promotion clauses in their contracts that mean they are getting towards(ish) the £15k p/w figure, from the approx £9k p/w in League One. I'd guess Lambert, Fonte and Lallana would be getting near those figures now that Saints are in the Championship.

Fonte is on 19k per week.

WTF, are you serious or was last night a late one?

Glasgow saint has never been serious about anything on this forum. Perhaps in normal life too, we can only speculate as to that. Hopefully most of us won't ever have to find out.

Never seen Cork play for Saints as I was away for the entire time he was at the club, but seen him a few times on sky playing for Burnley. Seems like the right sort of player to aim for.

Glasgow saint has never been serious about anything on this forum. Perhaps in normal life too, we can only speculate as to that. Hopefully most of us won't ever have to find out.

Never seen Cork play for Saints as I was away for the entire time he was at the club, but seen him a few times on sky playing for Burnley. Seems like the right sort of player to aim for.

I did manage to see him a couple of times and he did look quite assured for a young man. If he has matured over the past 2 years then he should be a good signing.

Reading the Burnley boards http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2117285682&page=1 and have to say there are some really lovely comments on there!

They think we offered him £20k a week. Chelsea accept £1m bid. It is a done deal.

But my fav comment has to be the one where the guy says something like "I thought they were broke and went out of business a few seasons ago? How can they afford players and wages like that? Or are they just continuing like before where they are spending money they don't have?"

For someone to reply saying "They are now owned by the estate of a multi-billionaire".....

I know it sucks for them but you have to admit for the first time in a longtime it is nice to be in a position to be able to buy quality players ahead of other teams :)

But my fav comment has to be the one where the guy says something like "I thought they were broke and went out of business a few seasons ago? How can they afford players and wages like that? Or are they just continuing like before where they are spending money they don't have?"

For someone to reply saying "They are now owned by the estate of a multi-billionaire".....

I know it sucks for them but you have to admit for the first time in a longtime it is nice to be in a position to be able to buy quality players ahead of other teams :)

It is good to be in the ascendancy with these things, but simply outspending teams does feel a bit distasteful. Especially after our hatred of the Skates for similar tactics.

Reading the Burnley boards http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2117285682&page=1 and have to say there are some really lovely comments on there!

They think we offered him £20k a week. Chelsea accept £1m bid. It is a done deal.

yet we hate man city and chelsea for ruining football

"The re-emergence of Southampton after writing off most of it's debts is unfair, but let's face it, fair trade practices have no place in football and this is the fault of the (football) authorities who allow this to happen."

It is the food chain though isn't it. We all have our place. But right now it would appear (at least if you believe what the press say) that we are ahead of Burnley at least.

The same thing will happen to us with Alex sooner or later.

I think modern football has always been that way.

"The re-emergence of Southampton after writing off most of it's debts is unfair, but let's face it, fair trade practices have no place in football and this is the fault of the (football) authorities who allow this to happen."

Are you really sure we wrote off most our debts?

It is good to be in the ascendancy with these things, but simply outspending teams does feel a bit distasteful. Especially after our hatred of the Skates for similar tactics.

Us outspending other teams...we have yet to spend a single penny ! You 'avin a lafff. Even Pumpey will outspend us !

Us outspending other teams...we have yet to spend a single penny ! You 'avin a lafff. Even Pumpey will outspend us !

Don't be such a bore.

Name me a championship club that has made a signing since the window opened just over a week ago...?

Just like Glasgow Saint, you are nothing if not consistent. How's the shrine to Glenda coming along?

Nothing to do with Glenda, however unless we get a move on we are going to have a hard season ahead of us !

Quite right, get back to work on the shrine, sharpish. If you have nothing to pray to all hope will be lost.

Quite right, get back to work on the shrine, sharpish. If you have nothing to pray to all hope will be lost.

If you think it was right that we sacrificed our premier status just to make a point, then fine.As you were probably one of the vocal minority there are many that disagree with you.

I am assuming you were one of the vocal minority by the tone of your writing.

If you think it was right that we sacrificed our premier status just to make a point, then fine.As you were probably one of the vocal minority there are many that disagree with you.

I am assuming you were one of the vocal minority by the tone of your writing.

You seem to assume that a majority were, in fact, part of the vocal minority. Not quite sure how that works, but in your world it clearly does.

I understood the vast majority of any debt was paid off when the club was purchased.

I think the debt was around 32m (excluding administrators expenses) and the club plus stadium subsidiaries were boughts for 15m or thereabouts. That's looks like less than half in my book.

I think the debt was around 32m (excluding administrators expenses) and the club plus stadium subsidiaries were boughts for 15m or thereabouts. That's looks like less than half in my book.

Your little black book of facts from where exactly!