Jack Cork

RedAndWhite91

It's an often used cliché in football, but this is the time for us to lay down a statement of intent.

If we beat Burnley, Blackpool or any other upper Championship sides to the signing of Jack Cork it'll make other teams and players stand up and take notice of us. Now we must start throwing our weight around a bit, let's back up our ambition with a show of force.

Sign Cork, and we're fast becoming the team that signs ex-players' sons. First Pulis Jr, then Chamberlain Jr, now Cork Jr. Anyone I'm missing on that list?

Might as well cling onto the hope we'll sign Frank Lampard.

2 year deal???

i don't think so...if we signed a youngster like Cork it would be at the very least 4 years.

Funny all the rubbish players we have signed over the last few years, Pulis, Forecast, Wotton all signed really long contracts. I still think that was Rupert getting back at the fans

Wouldn't doubt it but whether he's up to the Prem remains to be seen as with all players never having played at that level before. I'll be interested to see how Monk and Dyer get on

with Swansea as well.

He did play in the Prem, spent the second half of Burnley's season there with them. He was pretty good, as far as I can remember.

Some burnley fans - more ignorant views: (they prob still think we're in admin)

but I'm equally sure that we'd all be stunned beyond the point of comprehension IF we could not outbid either Blackpool or Southampton for any player we wanted.

Some burnley fans - more ignorant views: (they prob still think we're in admin)

but I'm equally sure that we'd all be stunned beyond the point of comprehension IF we could not outbid either Blackpool or Southampton for any player we wanted.

Although they still have parachute payments to back up that arguement I suppose.

As Cork has been there for nigh on 18 months they well may get to keep him because

I don't see us offering him more money than Burnley. I just can't see that NC is going to

get carried away on the stupid salary wagon as of yet. Cork will probably want 20K and he won't get it from us,not while we have key players on less than 10 a week.

From what we've heard it is all up to the player but if he chooses to live in Lancashire rather than Hampshire, you'd have to question his judgement. So if he comes, he will have proved what a sensible lad he is. If he doesn't.........

Although they still have parachute payments to back up that arguement I suppose.

As Cork has been there for nigh on 18 months they well may get to keep him because

I don't see us offering him more money than Burnley. I just can't see that NC is going to

get carried away on the stupid salary wagon as of yet. Cork will probably want 20K and he won't get it from us,not while we have key players on less than 10 a week.

Like it's common that with relegation brings significant wage decreases, I'm absolutely positive that RL's, AL's, JF's and AC's recently signed contracts had some heft percentage increases for promotion to the NPC.

I note someone has already done the Wikipedia honours;

"Jack signed for Southampton on the 2nd June 2011 for an undisclosed fee on a two year deal" :)

Same editor also altered Gareth Bale's entry to say he'd come back to St Mary's (since re-edited).

Had a look at his twitter account and a) Burnley fans clearly rate him as their best midfielder & b) he seems quite keen to tell them not too believe what they read in the papers.

That is in reference to this story...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1393018/Amy-Childs-leaves-club-Marbella-footballer-Jack-Cork.html

Not the transfer rumours.

The part I like in the article is this

"It's not ideal that a couple of clubs have had bids accepted but we always expected with Jack that other clubs would be interested," he told the Lancashire Telegraph.

"We're not out of the race, we're being kept informed of developments and we will just have to wait and see what happens.

They're being kept informed from Chelsea or Jack's agent about developments which means there have definately been bids tabled for him, so the rumour regarding us being one of the teams is seemingly more likely now. Excellent stuff, let's hope Adkins and Cortese can sell the vision to him well again as they have done in the past to others. I'm feeling confident about this one now.

I always thought Cork was a bit lightweight, myself.

That's what a few Burnley boys say (though most think he along with mccann is their best midfielder). Certainly, the flakiness of the rest of our 08/09 team probably flattered him. Mind you he was only 19 at the time and I don't think 'lightweight' per se is necessarily a bar to doing a holding job in the modern game. Clattering in at 100+mph is less important than having a good motor to cover every blade of glass and being able to close down without diving in along with a tidy passing game.

Edited by shurlock

I'm not sure Swansea will make a move. They've given a new contract to Ferrie Bodde and Pratley says he'd like to sign a new deal, so I should imagine it's unlikely.

Cork would be brilliant alongside Schneiderlin.

Pratley is almost certainly leaving and seems to have made it quite clear that he's not re-signing for Swansea.

Cork and Pratley would be my top 2 midfield targets.

Who's upset?! signings like Jack Cork need financing...we have to live in the real world!

Exactly so if we signed him it may appease some on the people who are upset over season ticket prices. If we do not make any big signings on the other hand they may feel their criticism is justified.