Jack Cork

RedAndWhite91

Amazing the selective memory you have when you can remember the smallest details in posts from more than six months ago. FWIW I answered the point on here and on football forums where you are a running joke and routinely voted the most infuriating and dull poster on there. In regards to your point, at NO point did I not say we have lofty ambitions. A training ground does not gain value but neither does it lose it. It's an investment which will always be recouped through the purchase price of the club. It is quite possible that Markus agreed to any necessary training ground expansions before his death. In fact, I would imagine it quite likely considering how forward thinking Cortese supposedly is. Buying a player is a much more risky investment since they could break their leg and never play again.

In my opinion, there is a possibility that following Markus' death our revenue stream has been reduced. Not stopped completely but we have had to tighten our belts. The expansion of the training ground does not influence this opinion since it is quite possible that this was agreed beforehand. I have seen little evidence to the contrary THUS FAR to challenge this. That is why I think signings this summer will be interesting.

You may disagree with this but it is my opinion and I feel like I am repeating myself because you continue to make the same points over and over and over.

I agree with you from what has happened in the last nine months or so but of course money maybe forthcoming in the next few weeks

We will just have to wait and see

The club this season will benefit from higher home crowds, much higher away crowds, higher sponsorship and advertising along with around £3-4 million extra in terms of TV money. Of course this is countered with higher costs, particularly with wage rises, but some will be freed up for player deals.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I agree with you from what has happened in the last nine months or so but of course money maybe forthcoming in the next few weeks

We will just have to wait and see

I agree! Apparently according to some you aren't allowed to give your opinion on something which may happen in the future though...

Because we are not as good as Norwich were and by all accounts the league is harder this season than last year.

as Norwich were when? I think we are better than they were this time last year, agree league harder

didn't we beat them twice in the season they went up? We have improved since then, we finished our league 1 more consistantly than they did etc

Edited by NickG

as Norwich were when? I think we are better than they were this time last year, agree league harder

didn't we beat them twice in the season they went up? We have improved since then, we finished our league 1 more consistantly than they did etc

The first point I disagree with but even if we discount that, the fact the league is harder warrants spending on quality if we want to win promotion.

Champions league level training ground... Behave yourself

Why not describe it like that? For example what does Chelsea's Cobham have, that Staplewood won't have when construction is complete? Man City, Chelsea and Saints at the moment are the only clubs to meet the criteria for a category one academy. Training facilities play a key part of that criteria.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Rochdale beat us twice last season, doesn't exactly prove much.

The first point I disagree with but even if we discount that, the fact the league is harder warrants spending on quality if we want to win promotion.

sorry not sure which bit you disagree with.. that we are better than they were this time last year?

Why not, think league 1 was as competitive - if not more so this season, our last half of a season (therefore with squad we take into this window) was better than their last half of a season on their promotion. In fact, we were pretty much matching them as they departed league 1 but had too much to make up. We have improved since then.

I think its been well covered that they didn't spend big - in money, or names proven at higher level.

I hope we do spend, it should improve our chances, but don't agree fantasy football all star signings is always the way to go.

sorry not sure which bit you disagree with.. that we are better than they were this time last year?

Why not, think league 1 was as competitive - if not more so this season, our last half of a season (therefore with squad we take into this window) was better than their last half of a season on their promotion. In fact, we were pretty much matching them as they departed league 1 but had too much to make up. We have improved since then.

I think its been well covered that they didn't spend big - in money, or names proven at higher level.

I hope we do spend, it should improve our chances, but don't agree fantasy football all star signings is always the way to go.

I never said it was.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2004904/West-Ham-swoop-Chelseas-Jack-Cork.html?

The 21-year-old spent last season on loan at Turf Moor and was expected to return their permanently in a £750,000 move.

Hard to believe a journalist that doesn't know how to use "there" and "their" correctly.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Is it OK to be not particulary fussed whether we sign Danns or Cork??

Not sure that either of them will add very much at all to our current side.

Cork a bit more than Danns though, not sure where all this Danns worship comes from but then as this forum seems to number very many Danns experts perhaps I'm missing something. Probably no better than Guly.

Cork ....been on loan for ages to lower league teams, must mean that he isnt PL standard or he would be in Chelsea first team squad on a regular basis

As for Danns... no better than what weve already got.

totally disagree re Danns, he just seems to penetrate into box more decisively than any of our players! Still only my opinion.

Cork ....been on loan for ages to lower league teams, must mean that he isnt PL standard or he would be in Chelsea first team squad on a regular basisAs for Danns... no better than what weve already got.

Are you mental? You do realise that to get into the Chelsea first team he'd have to be one of the best players in Europe. He is a current England U21 international yet lets use the fact he isn't a Chelsea first team regular as reason not to be interested FFS.

Cork ....been on loan for ages to lower league teams, must mean that he isnt PL standard or he would be in Chelsea first team squad on a regular basis

As for Danns... no better than what weve already got.

Are you mental? You do realise that to get into the Chelsea first team he'd have to be one of the best players in Europe. He is a current England U21 international yet lets use the fact he isn't a Chelsea first team regular as reason not to be interested FFS.

The Fat Controller said nothing about not being interested FFS.

He is still expected to sign for West Ham.

Don't blame him really.

I expect you'll be correct.

West Ham will pay him ludicrously more, and he will have greater opportunities to be photographed leaving nightclubs with Essex scrubbers to enhance his image and career there.

I expect you'll be correct.

West Ham will pay him ludicrously more, and he will have greater opportunities to be photographed leaving nightclubs with Essex scrubbers to enhance his image and career there.

There is also the chance of a cameo role on the Only Way is Essex, which would most definitely steer me the way of the 'ammers if i was him.

I thought West Ham had massive debts and would need millions of pounds in loans just to stay afloat. How can they spend all this money on players? Are they taking a gamble, like we did under Wilde?

Sounds like it, considering they are £80m in debt or something silly then an extra £7-8m gambling on going striaght back up wont make that much difference, especially when they'll get that back from us when we sign Scott Parker and Matthew Upson.

Sounds like it, considering they are £80m in debt or something silly then an extra £7-8m gambling on going striaght back up wont make that much difference, especially when they'll get that back from us when we sign Scott Parker and Matthew Upson.

24 million £ in parachute payments this year and again next year is what it's all about.

Plus as you say the prospective receipts from the sale of Parker and others will soon set them to rights.When you have parachutes and a couple of highly solicited players in your effective debt is just an accounting notion.Plus I guess they'll be selling Upton Park for quite a decent sum in the near future.

As for Wildean gambles the times to do it if you must is in your first season down,gives you 2 stabs at the target instead of 1. As with the Wilde experiment you can always sell players afterwards to make up

the balance. I'm sure that if someone took the time to work it al out we sold for more than we bought in the Wilde/Crouch era, trouble is the overpaid dregs that were left behind to draw down on the 3rd season.

Edited by Window Cleaner

parachute payments are no-where near enough to finance them, they have huge debts and could well go bust if they don't get promoted. Think the theory is, if you have over £100m of debt you can't afford and will never clear outside of prem - you may as well add a few million - will still go bust if you don't go up, just owing bit more, but gives you chance of promotion

parachute payments are no-where near enough to finance them, they have huge debts and could well go bust if they don't get promoted. Think the theory is, if you have over £100m of debt you can't afford and will never clear outside of prem - you may as well add a few million - will still go bust if you don't go up, just owing bit more, but gives you chance of promotion

dont worry, they are not worth worrying about as they are going to struggle for sure...eh

Parachute payments over 4 years, £16m (I think Aug & Jan), £16m, £8m, £8m. I personally don't think that Cork is what we need. In any event we don't even know that the club's alleged interest has any basis in fact and is probably media speculation.

Edited by derry

Given most Championship and Premier League teams rely on "players of his sort" (i.e. Largely unloyal and in it for themselves), how are we going to compete without this type of player?

I was refering to his mental state. Knocking around with the slags from the Essex telly show. Must have very low standards.

I think this deal was over a long time ago tbh.

We just don't know with Saints. Pretty sure they have agreed the fee with Chelsea and have put terms to the player and left that on the table. But as we saw last time Cork was here, he went for the higher bonus on offer else where, so I doubt he's coming now. I don't believe he is that great a loss, but he is the type of player we need.

dont worry, they are not worth worrying about as they are going to struggle for sure...eh

twice you have posted that, do you really think they will struggle?

I don't unless the finances implode, they will be top half.

I posted, accurately, about their financial mess, having player leaving, no manager, crap board and therefore a lot to sort out before you can assume they will walk this league as you thought.

They seem to be going **** or bust.

still not sure they will be right up the top, will wait and see.

Try and keep up!

I posted, accurately, about their financial mess, having player leaving, no manager, crap board and therefore a lot to sort out before you can assume they will walk this league as you thought.

They seem to be going **** or bust.

still not sure they will be right up the top, will wait and see.

Try and keep up!

I was ahead of you it seems in saying they will be strong come the start of the season....keep up

tbh I was pretty sure they would struggle a few weeks ago and I said as much on here. I hadn't expected that they would go down this (frankly idiotic imo) **** or bust route. Now my views have changed. I still don't see them finishing in the top 2 though.

tbh I was pretty sure they would struggle a few weeks ago and I said as much on here. I hadn't expected that they would go down this (frankly idiotic imo) **** or bust route. Now my views have changed. I still don't see them finishing in the top 2 though.

fair views imho, still don't know how many leaving

No one can say that West Ham will be near the top or not. Yes their trying the shi-t or bust route, it might work, it might not. What i do know other teams will raise their game, when they play them. Just to put one over them, so no i dont think myself they will have it easy!!! ;)

P.S Big Sam has still got to get them to play/gel as a team yet!

We just don't know with Saints. Pretty sure they have agreed the fee with Chelsea and have put terms to the player and left that on the table. But as we saw last time Cork was here, he went for the higher bonus on offer else where, so I doubt he's coming now. I don't believe he is that great a loss, but he is the type of player we need.

I'm not sure that is entirely accurate or fair on Cork. He returned to Chelsea at the end of a three month deal, probably because we could not afford to extend the deal, and even if we could he saw that being part of the wreckage that SFC had become for the remainder of the season offered no benefit to his career.